Sacks Parente Putters - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy_APH

Spent a couple of hours on my ExPutt experimenting with my various putters and working on my setup and grip.   The Sacks Parente putter seemed to perform the best from a face angle perspective.  When I got the feels kind of figured out the face angle was sub .9* pretty consistently for all the putts.   Going to keep working on face angle but still want to get to a course to practice distance control. 

Today's session actually has me pondering selling off all the extra putters.    

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

14 hours ago, cnosil said:

Spent a couple of hours on my ExPutt experimenting with my various putters and working on my setup and grip.   The Sacks Parente putter seemed to perform the best from a face angle perspective.  When I got the feels kind of figured out the face angle was sub .9* pretty consistently for all the putts.   Going to keep working on face angle but still want to get to a course to practice distance control. 

That’s a scary thought!  Mine is firmly affixed in the bag. I actually only own a total of 3 putters 1 of which is worthless because it’s 20 years old, not a renowned name, just a think of steal, with lots of memories of when I was a for real golfer attached.

I’m determined to get there again with my Sacks Parente blade in the bag. I’m taking a series of lessons, got fit for new irons and wedges, signed up to be playing two competitive rounds a week starting in June. My goal is to shoot my age sometime in the next 18 months - during that time I be 67-69.  66 is my lowest score ever. I’m certainly not that guy anymore but I also no longer play from those tees. Oh and I am starting a golf specific golf work out program next week, too. 

I’m going to do this or at least have tons of fun trying.

Speaking of fun my putter is a lot of fun to putt with. The speed control and thus three putt avoidance is remarkable. People always notice how I seem to have tap ins left on long putts. 

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

14 hours ago, cnosil said:

You should start a separate thread on this.  I find this interesting, I’d like to hear more on the whole process 

🙃

2 hours ago, Owengeorge13 said:

You should start a separate thread on this.  I find this interesting, I’d like to hear more on the whole process 

Not understanding what the separate thread would be about.   What do you want to know?

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Another update;  Sacks Parente remains in the bag and has been performing well.   

I didn't track stats during the Kingsmill outing but I felt like I putted pretty well.   4 birdies at Royal New Kent, 1 on the River Course, and 2 on the Plantation.   Today I played my normal Sunday Round and had 25 putts and 3 birdies.  Todays round on ShotScope indicated 1.27 strokes gained against a Tour Player.   

• 2 months later...

Update on this summer:

The sacks parente 91 is still in the bag. My strokes gained putting is better than it has been the last few years, but -1.8 vs scratch, is not where I want it ideally. This off season I plan to send it back to sacks parente and have it extended 3/4”. It’s not bad gripping it at the end, but I think it will be a little more comfortable and consistent if I get it extended. 
Speed control seems a little better on slower greens, this is a heavy head with a very high swing weight, so that’s kind of expected. Feel odd still great and I like it quite a bit. I am finding myself wanting a thicker grip, though, so I may have them also switch from the pistol. 
I will update this thread again when I make the changes.

Driver: Ping G425 LST, Otto Phlex Maltby MPF UL or GD AD-TP 6X

3 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@16 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder

5 Wood: Nike Covert Tour (@20 deg), Fujikura Motore Speeder 

4i Hybrid: Titleist 913h (@24 deg), Diamana Blue Board hybrid

Irons: Taylormade P790 (5-6) & P770 (7-AW), KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 1x)

Wedges: Taylormade MG3 TW grind 56 (@55) & 60, KBS C-Taper 130x (Soft-stepped 2x)

Putter: Sacks Parente 91 aka "The Duke", 34 inches

Ball: Callaway Chrome Tour