Ouch - superintendent's revenge tourney...

Had a 3 man scramble at our club on Sunday - glorious day of high in the low 50's w/ winds in the teens. 🤣 Then, to make it even better, it was a superintendent's revenge tourney with flags in the absolute toughest spots, some greens mowed twice, some not mowed at all. 

We tied for fourth at -6, in a three man scramble with a 3.7, 4.0 and 4.1 hdcps respectively. First place was three plus handicappers that finished -10. It was that tough. 

By far the hardest greens conditions I've ever played on - just no way to plan for it even when you knew where the pins were because every green had different speeds with the mowing differences. They absolutely killed it this year with all of that. Was fun overall and minus the brisk day, definitely enjoyed ourselves. 

This was the hole location/green speed on #10. We escaped with a bogey after almost driving the green on the par 4 but it took a slam dunk to get it to go in, otherwise the ball came back to your feet because of the severe slope and the hole was on top of a ridge that broke left/right on each side of the hole. The pro said the scoring average was a double-bogey. LOL 

Apologies ahead of time for the language. 😉

image.png.3ae44848eaa91e16529cc2da1115da30.png                        Driver:  Ping G425LST Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X shaft
image.png.095cd3d760c79d0eb767623ffdf42310.png                           Fairway Wood:  Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 (yep, OG 1999 all original)
image.png.573c1776da590d9bf6c6c64be1737d23.png                        Irons:  Ping i525 irons - Ping AWT 2.0 Xstiff
image.png.5ba727eab99bc410c525de418412911b.png        Wedges:  Titleist Vokey 52/56/60 SM9 (12deg/D grind)
image.png.5d5b33118fcaf8994d51632d9c6b8c8b.png                       Putter:  Ping Tyne 4 putter
image.png.bd6d95a9eb5ec85777f017c339995ccb.png                         Bag:  Titleist Hybrid 5
image.png.e9ac768bf1e829ed0c20f60071eef305.png                         Ball: Titleist Pro V1x Left Dash

Interesting tournament idea.  I'm glad my course hasn't heard of this one!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

My old course had Greens Keeper Revenge Day. Fun at times but brutal at the same time. I did it one year and that was enough for me. Humbling experience. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I love it!  I have played in one and it can be brutal.  I have played courses that a few holes have been almost unplayable unless you make it just like your video!  You just have to laugh and think the super is just cracking up all day.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter