Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

Odyssey Ai-ONE Putters - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy BOS

12 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

Has anyone found the milled version in a store?  Have been looking and have only seen the non-milled locally…just looking to do a quick comparison of feel between the two versions.

I’ve putted both, the milled has a firmer feel. But I wouldn’t call it clicky. I think the non-milled is actually really solid feeling for an insert too. I don’t usually like them, but I did like that one. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

14 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

I’ve putted both, the milled has a firmer feel. But I wouldn’t call it clicky. I think the non-milled is actually really solid feeling for an insert too. I don’t usually like them, but I did like that one. 

No Luck on my end, but compared to my Scotty, to me its like night and day. The AI#1, I've already decided its going in the bag, that's how good it feels in my hands.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

8 hours ago, buckpillar said:

No Luck on my end, but compared to my Scotty, to me its like night and day. The AI#1, I've already decided its going in the bag, that's how good it feels in my hands.

I’m with you, the Ai-ONE is staying in my bag.  The feel off the face is incredible and very consistent.  I feel comfortable over any putt, a feeling I didn’t have with my previous gamer.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

22 hours ago, buckpillar said:

How did you roll the rock? Hope you had a great outing.

Happy New Year Everyone

It was by far the best I had ever putted at this course.  Greens were quite quick and have some significant breaks.  Made 4 putts over 20 feet, and the others were all left within a 3 foot radius.  This putter saved us a number of times today, sinking a number of other putts under pressure…so much so that the others we were playing with were asking what putter I had!

Here is a view of our finishing hole…IMG_4397.jpeg.641222c82449c84f8244073c75b53ab8.jpeg

185 yard par 3, hit a 6 iron to 15 feet and just missed out on the birdie.

The ball comes off the face so cleanly and consistent…even putts that I know I hit off the heel or toe still went a good distance and got to the hole.

The more time I spend with this putter, the more impressed I am…I have no intention of this club leaving my bag!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

I have to agree. Even just practice putting on the 2 different rollout mats inside,  I feel like the ball speed control off the face is more enhanced. I almost immediately know if I'm rolling it short or long. Hoping Wednesday I can get some distance control video on the course.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

On 12/31/2023 at 10:47 AM, TJ Hall said:

Has anyone found the milled version in a store?  Have been looking and have only seen the non-milled locally…just looking to do a quick comparison of feel between the two versions.

Dicks House of Sport in Chesapeake shows that they have them in stock.  

37 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

IMG_4397.jpeg.641222c82449c84f8244073c75b53ab8.jpeg

Looks familiar but haven't played that course in a long time.  Stonehouse?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

It was by far the best I had ever putted at this course.  Greens were quite quick and have some significant breaks.  Made 4 putts over 20 feet, and the others were all left within a 3 foot radius.  This putter saved us a number of times today, sinking a number of other putts under pressure…so much so that the others we were playing with were asking what putter I had!

Here is a view of our finishing hole…IMG_4397.jpeg.641222c82449c84f8244073c75b53ab8.jpeg

The ball comes off the face so cleanly and consistent…even putts that I know I hit off the heel or toe still went a good distance and got to the hole.

The more time I spend with this putter, the more impressed I am…I have no intention of this club leaving my bag!

Nice, sounds like the dispersion was tight and distance control spot on. So far I found the heel and toe putts are very consistent and feel the same off the face, I'm currently working on the  center strike putting test, Got some snow today but I'm rolling out my new putting green in the front room so I can continue my tests. 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

8 hours ago, cnosil said:

Dicks House of Sport in Chesapeake shows that they have them in stock.  

Looks familiar but haven't played that course in a long time.  Stonehouse?

Yep…hole number 17.  It had been a few years since I last played there and they have made a number of changes.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

11 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

You and @buckpillarhave taken all of the suspense from your "play it or trade" decision of your final review 🫢....😆.

Okay, question for the Ai-One testers.  Have any of you found yourselves staring into the window while waiting for others to putt? 

tenor.gif?itemid=17836791

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

20 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

You and @buckpillarhave taken all of the suspense from your "play it or trade" decision of your final review 🫢....😆.

Okay, question for the Ai-One testers.  Have any of you found yourselves staring into the window while waiting for others to putt? 

Sometimes, when I can't sleep, I'll sneak into the spare room (yes it has its own bed) and we will just stare at each other.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just now, Rob Person said:

Sometimes, when I can't sleep, I'll sneak into the spare room (yes it has its own bed) and we will just stare at each other.

Wonder why the milled series didn't get this feature? 🤔

I wonder if the milled titanium face would have been a better choice for me vs the urethane?  I may have to look into trying that one out 🤔

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I did all the window shopping when I got the putter... It's all business now! 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Wonder why the milled series didn't get this feature? 🤔

Next year? After they determine how well they will sell?

Which begs the question,  will they offer the milled inserts as an interchangeable/replaceable part like other inserts?

I wonder about the Ai insert.  It has grooves on the face like a wedge.  I wonder about the durability.  Just a thought. 

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

I went to my local golf store today and hit the Ai1, Ai DB double wide and the 5K -7. There were no milled versions in either hand.  Again all three putters felt great but the Ai was softer it seemed.  I spent a while putting with all three.  Dispersion was much better with the Ai.  I like the larger footprint of the double wide and 5K but overall the Ai insert has a better feel for me.  One more month and I’ll be able to test the Ai 7. 

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

8 hours ago, Lefty11 said:

I wonder about the Ai insert.  It has grooves on the face like a wedge.  I wonder about the durability.  Just a thought. 

It’s still very early in the overall life of the putter for me, but I haven’t seen any wear (on the face or the blue coating)…I also probably (or a more appropriate term, guarantee) that I don’t hit the exact same spot every time. 

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

11 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

There’s still time, I could change my mind!

Have only been staring at it while alone in the confines of my house.

It is also very nice to look at the top side of it, the blue and white just have a nice pop to them.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

It sometimes requires a bedtime story...

17042439457186917253316506660537.jpg.e3b0f6ea698f261278f8e2b3fbc793e3.jpg

Edited by Rob Person

Don't know for certain, but have to think the folks at Callaway/Odyssey look at durability as part of their design.  In this case, exposing the face to some serious swats that might occur down in Texas 😉.  

26 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

It sometimes requires a bedtime story...

17042439457186917253316506660537.jpg.e3b0f6ea698f261278f8e2b3fbc793e3.jpg

I really enjoy that you matched the color of the bedspread to the Ai-ONE!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

15 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I really enjoy that you matched the color of the bedspread to the Ai-ONE!

Oh yeah, DB is very finicky. It has been strongly suggested that it now wants its OWN slot in the bag.  Doesn't like mingling with the other clubs.

Looking into the inserts themselves,  it appears they are the same perimeter shape, except for a little tab on the back of the milled insert.  There are differences in the backside contours of each as well. This leads me to believe that like the white-hot inserts, these will be able to be swapped. Another difference is the milled is a 1 piece insert, whereas the other is a 2 piece bonded laminated face. 

Ai-One-insert-1.jpg.1c7c537d96268fcc5fbb77bfde8ce17d.jpgputters-2023-ai-one-7-s___tech-1.png.7c141f8a5b8b8659a2d5fe83c0a0a939.pngputters-2023-ai-one-milled___tech-1.png.ca4602df4a56317605dffad5c98ad537.png

As for the weights . Odyssey promised availability in December,  however the site only lists them for certain lines of putters. These weights appear to be compatible with a few of the AI models, however without contacting them directly,  I don't truly know.  The weights range from 5g to 20g, sold in pairs, with a torx tool included from $40-80

Screenshot_20240102_201130_Chrome.jpg.ff983883ab0e63f5ee057c6684ad468f.jpgweight-kit-2021-odyssey-standard_1___9.png.3b3d8201f1f15b56e5a299a569541659.pngScreenshot_20240102_201246_Chrome.jpg.1f953d6f9af4d4add1eef0a89fcdecf0.jpg

27 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Oh yeah, DB is very finicky. It has been strongly suggested that it now wants its OWN slot in the bag.  Doesn't like mingling with the other clubs.

Empty slot in my bag specifically reserved for the putter.IMG_4399.jpeg.b9aede8cd5c8b1052e7b232390eba084.jpeg

Find it easier to get in/out as needed, even more so with the larger grip sizes.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

TJ you’re a lefty?  

I am, get made of frequently for standing on the wrong side of the ball!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, TJ Hall said:

I am, get made of frequently for standing on the wrong side of the ball!

I’m a lefty as well!  I like the fact that you’re testing one of the putters I’m debating on buying. 

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

22 hours ago, Lefty11 said:

The durability will be in for the long haul, my old Odyssey is like new and is 17 or 18yrs old. 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

12 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Looking into the inserts themselves,  it appears they are the same perimeter shape, except for a little tab on the back of the milled insert.  There are differences in the backside contours of each as well. This leads me to believe that like the white-hot inserts, these will be able to be swapped. Another difference is the milled is a 1 piece insert, whereas the other is a 2 piece bonded laminated face. 

Ai-One-insert-1.jpg.1c7c537d96268fcc5fbb77bfde8ce17d.jpgputters-2023-ai-one-7-s___tech-1.png.7c141f8a5b8b8659a2d5fe83c0a0a939.pngputters-2023-ai-one-milled___tech-1.png.ca4602df4a56317605dffad5c98ad537.png

As for the weights . Odyssey promised availability in December,  however the site only lists them for certain lines of putters. These weights appear to be compatible with a few of the AI models, however without contacting them directly,  I don't truly know.  The weights range from 5g to 20g, sold in pairs, with a torx tool included from $40-80

Screenshot_20240102_201130_Chrome.jpg.ff983883ab0e63f5ee057c6684ad468f.jpgweight-kit-2021-odyssey-standard_1___9.png.3b3d8201f1f15b56e5a299a569541659.pngScreenshot_20240102_201246_Chrome.jpg.1f953d6f9af4d4add1eef0a89fcdecf0.jpg

Great information, Thank you!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]