Super Not Official Review of Wilson Triad Ball

Wheelieb

30 minutes ago, Wheelieb said:

Update for the update. I am now in a quandary with golf balls. Naturally when you don’t put the balls you bought into your bag, you inevitably have to either buy some or use your friends. This is exactly what I had to do today. He is one to use whatever he is feeling that day he goes to the golf store, Walmart, target, or where ever he is at that has golf balls. Today he had vice pro plus balls. So that’s what I used. Now I’m not saying I’m going to switch to those right now, but what I am saying is now I have more testing to do. So now, I am in a quandary of what ball to use. The vice performed just as good, if not better, in some areas. So testing is now going to have to be done in order to figure out which ball to use. 

😈

WITB:
:ping-small: G425 Max 9º
:Fuji: Ventus TR Blue 6-S
:ping-small: G430 19º Hybrid
:srixon-small: ZX5 MKII 4-PW
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50° S, 54° E, 58° E
:odyssey-small: AI-ONE Milled #7
:ping-small: Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW Black Dot
:ping-small: Heppler Tomcat 14

8 hours ago, Wheelieb said:

Update for the update. I am now in a quandary with golf balls. Naturally when you don’t put the balls you bought into your bag, you inevitably have to either buy some or use your friends. This is exactly what I had to do today. He is one to use whatever he is feeling that day he goes to the golf store, Walmart, target, or where ever he is at that has golf balls. Today he had vice pro plus balls. So that’s what I used. Now I’m not saying I’m going to switch to those right now, but what I am saying is now I have more testing to do. So now, I am in a quandary of what ball to use. The vice performed just as good, if not better, in some areas. So testing is now going to have to be done in order to figure out which ball to use. 

IMG_0003.gif.d87028f1903094aaa1ab5da4c8905223.gif

🤔I haven’t tried a Vice yet. I’ll have to add those to my numbers checks for ball speed, spin, compression, etc. 

You’ll have to let us know what those particular areas are. 

Driver: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png G400 LST 8.5°

3W: cobra2.png.60653951979ca617ca859530a17d0a2d.png King Speedzone

Irons: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png i200 (3 thru PW & UW)

Wedge: Ray Cook 60 deg

Putter: Spalding TP Mills 3

Tech: golfshot.png.5c17c64b9425413b3bf24668ce3fa044.png on Apple Watch & phone

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2024 at 1:42 AM, HikingMike said:

IMG_0003.gif.d87028f1903094aaa1ab5da4c8905223.gif

🤔I haven’t tried a Vice yet. I’ll have to add those to my numbers checks for ball speed, spin, compression, etc. 

You’ll have to let us know what those particular areas are. 

The Vice Pro would be the comparable ball to the Wilson Triad since it too is a 3 piece ball. I can now confidently say that though, I used the new pro plus for a head to head last week, and found it went about 5ish yards further on drives with the driver and woods. Iron shots are pretty much the same. I am still trying to see if they are better for chipping with their spin as right now they seem to be performing the same. I will test this out more tomorrow before the scramble starts. I'll try to get some pics on the course, but not going to do so if it means we are holding people up.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

Mizuno ST Max 3 wood

PXG 7 wood with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Mizuno S23 54 and 58 degree wedges

L.A.B. DF3 Putter

Ok, a few days to process my scramble round with each ball and I can confidently say I'm sticking with the Triad for at least this year. Why? Lets take a journey. I alternated holes switching between the vice pro plus and the Wilson Triad that way I could get the same amount of holes in one round with each. This resulted in a few things that were noticeable by hole 8. Driver shots, while the Vice was longer, the justification to switch to it based on those shots alone would be idiotic. Iron shots produced what appeared to be a slight higher shot from the triad than the vice which meant there wasn't as much roll out, at least didn't seem to be. Chip shots were equal as the both checked up well and didn't roll out leaving us a 15+ foot putt. The feel off the putter was so similar that I would say they were the same.  For these reasons, I will be sticking to the Wilson Triad for this year and providing updates on here with pictures 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

Mizuno ST Max 3 wood

PXG 7 wood with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Mizuno S23 54 and 58 degree wedges

L.A.B. DF3 Putter

On 5/16/2024 at 10:29 AM, Wheelieb said:

The Vice Pro would be the comparable ball to the Wilson Triad since it too is a 3 piece ball. I can now confidently say that though, I used the new pro plus for a head to head last week, and found it went about 5ish yards further on drives with the driver and woods. Iron shots are pretty much the same. I am still trying to see if they are better for chipping with their spin as right now they seem to be performing the same. I will test this out more tomorrow before the scramble starts. I'll try to get some pics on the course, but not going to do so if it means we are holding people up.

Well I just ran out of Triads. I did end up using a Vice Pro a couple rounds ago, a previously found one. I liked it, though it didn't last as long as I would have liked, whoops. I'm definitely willing to try that again. I am back to using my various Pro V1s and Chrome Softs that I have stockpiled from finding on the course last year. But I may try out the new Wilson Staff Model balls if they still have the buy 2 get 1 free going. 

Driver: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png G400 LST 8.5°

3W: cobra2.png.60653951979ca617ca859530a17d0a2d.png King Speedzone

Irons: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png i200 (3 thru PW & UW)

Wedge: Ray Cook 60 deg

Putter: Spalding TP Mills 3

Tech: golfshot.png.5c17c64b9425413b3bf24668ce3fa044.png on Apple Watch & phone

• 2 months later...

I too have been on a search for a ball that works for me. I’ve tried the Tour Response, the ERC soft, the Mindset tour BR, and the Triad this year with varying results. Long story short, the only one of those that has seemed to improve all aspects of my game is the Wilson Triad. All of them are good in some ways but only the Triad checks all the boxes. I love that ball! 

TaylorMade irons:taylormade-small:

Ping Driver and fairways :ping-small:

Cleveland wedges:cleveland-small:

Cleveland putter:cleveland-small: