Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

In my last post I said watch out and I was right. I've been working on the one plane stuff just like rover rick and my swing has been awesome. Dialed in the distance wedges and we had a good round today. 69 with 2 three putts and a missed 4 footer for eagle. My course has two driveable par fours. I hit a driver to 4 feet from 280 then I missed the putt. I hit a good put too. The hole was cut in a slope and it broke a foot and a half. 6 birdies today. However you can always get better. 65 could have been had.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

For the past several weeks our greens (browns would be a more appropriate description) have been hard packed textured dirt. There was not enough grass to be called grass. They rolled them in lieu of mowing them. It really was like putting on concrete. Because of the rain, sunshine and 70* weather on Monday and Tuesday, they are now beautiful grass greens, however, the speed is way down and I had trouble adapting to the drastic change. Before you just had to think about the balll moving and it went 3 feet. Now I seem to be a few inches short on every putt but am getting the hang of them. Also, 20+ mph winds does not help with the fairways hit and GIR either. It died down to10 mph late this afternoon and that is what is expected tomorrow.

I did play pretty well today, considering the wind. I only found like 6 fairways, and that does not really tell the whole story. When you are hitting driver/3 wood instead of the normal driver/8 iron or driver/4 iron when you normally hit 3 wood/sand wedge hitting the fairway is not that good of indicator of a good hole. Plus the fact that I really only played two holes with normal shots. The rest were knockdowns of some type. I hit a waist high chip from 169 with a 3 wood out of the woods that found the green. I hit similar shots all day with hybrids and mid irons when normally I would be hitting high flying short irons, but you never know where the ball will end up with a 25 mph tailwind or side wind. I did find 9 GIR. My wedge game around the greens was phenominal. With grass back on the greens the ball would stop like it should. Before the ball would check up but then would just trickle another 10 or 15 feet depending on the wind. I shot a 78 and was darned happy to have it.

The funny thing was we played 5 on 5. There was one hole (par 3 9th hole which was only 115 yards to the flag but required a knockdown 7 iron to get on the green) where every one on my team hit the green. All 5 of us three putted for bogey. The other team all found the green and 4 out of 5 had two putt pars. Other than that the bets ended up even. We lost 4 balls on one hole.

Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

:callaway-small: Paradym 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430 MAX 3W  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:taylormade-small: SIM2 Rescue 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small: GAPR Mid 4 on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:taylormade-small: P790 Black 5-G on :kbs: TGI 80S 

:mizuno-small: ES21 54° & 58° on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Took a guy out to play for the first time in five years today. Took him to the range first and then we played nine (If Christian is looking in we walked!!!!!! And not only did we walk but I did my workout and walked the dog before walking nine holes - I'm feeling very sore but very, very good about this fitness program)

At any rate Bill hit some great shots - I was very proud of him - I was 3 over - so, so but I was more focused on my guy!

I did hit one very remarkable wedge 107 into a good breeze - I backed it up about 15 feet - I never do that - I'm hitting these Mizzies very crisply. The pros feel so sweet that I'm continually bumming that I didn't go for them or something a little more gamey like the 59's throughout the bag.

Driver: Taylor Made Xi10 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

How'd I play today. Well I built a snowman. Made snow angels. Went sleigh riding with the boys. Oh my grass... Saw it for 2 days, now it's covered in snow again. Doing better get its ass in gear. Punxatwney Phil said early spring. Varmint best be correct

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

I got a new (to me) set of MP33's on Friday night with longer shafts. This allowed for a more upright set up. I added waggle and hip turn to my preshot routine on Saturday morning. It took 9 holes to really get then new clubs dialed in, because I of course put them immediately in the bag. Shot a 42 on the front yesterday followed by a 39. Then a 36 on the third 9 yesterday. Today, I shot a 31, yeah I know. Then the teams were drawn up. It was 4 on 5. I was on the 4 team and we had another "A" player and a "C" player and his wife (and their 10 year old who was not in the bet.). They told me they would be on my team unless I sent him a text saying we did not want to play with his wife and kid. Since no one wanted to do that we were stuck with them, but ultimately after the 5th hole started having fun. I realized that if I drove to the kids ball and picked it up and then dropped it at his mother's ball, we would spend less time on him. We really started having fun doing that. I gave his dad hell the whole day. If he hit a bad shot I would say, "Does your wife play, oh yeah, her ball is up there." Once we started joking around everybody started loosening up and the scores got better. On the back everyone had at least 1 birdie and our one ball was 7 under par which killed the other team. On the other team we had two "B" players and two "C" players and a "D" player. Three balls. They expected us to win the first two balls but thought they would take us with the third ball.

I shot 37 and 36 and 37 today, I could not quit while playing that well and ended up playing 36 holes. But the middle was in an actual for money match and I won $100 but the bar bill including my lunch and tip and turn beer was $105. Still a good day. I shot 73 (bogied the last hole when my 6 foot par putt lipped out) (4 bogies and 3 birdies, no par 5 birdies).

While this "C" couple played much better than expected, we were 15 holes up going into the 3rd ball, and 10 up with 9 to count so they threw in the money and ordered a beer. (Winner buys)

I do not know if it was the irons, the longer shafts, the waggle or the combination of the two, but I played better than I have in weeks, since I changed my swing. No golf tomorrow but I plan on this trend continuing. Also, since I am a good putter, or at least tell myself that, all I want off the tee is to get in the fairway, and all I want then is to get on the green.

We have a drivable par 4 (in theory) and I pulled out the hybrid. My fellow "A" player had driver and he often drives it. He said, aren't you going for it. I said nope. I was going for the center of the fairway. I was not getting sucked into a power game with him. He hits the ball farther and higher and prettier than I do. My forte is straight driving, 265-275, nice iron shots, and great chipping and putting. His is 290-300 yard drives and hitting his irons a long way, but not a great short game. I told him he could drive the green and two or three putt but my plan was to get on in two and one putt. I did, and he drove the green and then 3 putt for a par. He was not happy about that at all.

Played great yesterday, shot 73, probably would have been under if the greens weren't so shaggy. I hit 9/14 fairways and 15/18 greens, but I was only 1/6 on birdie putts inside of 15'; I also 3 putted after driving the 307yd 18th. All in all, I was very happy with my ball striking; I made double after rope hooking a tee shot OB, but that was the only bad swing of the day.

Yesterday, I played great for 12 holes and went to crap. Today, I played poorly for 12 holes and went to great. This is a strange game.

Hey great round JBones!

I was out of town for the weekend to do my niece's wedding and got in two rounds in Orlando. Shot a pair of 78's which was okay - actually the first 78 was very okay given that the course rating from the set of tees that we played was 73 and the slope was 137. If ever you're on the west side of Orlando definitely give Stoneybrook West a shot - we paid 53.50 for golf and lunch - great, great value - tough, tough course. Didn't play on as well today - same score but no where near as tough a track - I made some nice clutch putts - we gave our opponent a 10 footer on 18 to tie the match - the guy who was putting had a rough weekend, no wins, heard that a good friend had just died, he's a great guy and we thought it was the right thing to do. We were only playing for a few bucks so it wasn't too painful. I had a great time - don't want to talk about when I got home - my one son is going to be in a world of hurt when I get my hands on him - room not painted, my computer has a serious virus on it and his sister's math homework wasn't completed.

Such is life

Did do some ball testing but I'll take that over the dru's thread.

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Golf is such a crazy game. Today, I met a friend of mine and we were going to play head to head but other guys showed up and we had to play the regular game. He and I are so similar that we are usually on opposite teams. So while we had other involved in the game they were never really a factor. They could have been if they would have played better but they did not. We played 27 holes. It was sunny, windy, and wet. It rained a couple of inches last night and stopped at 8 am and we teed off at 9:30.

Long story short, I shot 44 - 39 - 39. He shot 40 - 39 - 46. It was funny how the same 9 holes that I shot a 44 on earlier in the day I shot a 39 and left 3 putts less than an inch short. And at the same time he shoots a 40 the first time, and should have been much less, and then shoots 46 the second time and should have been much more.

Saturday....41/44 = 85 at Pebble Creek.....4th in the Points Game

Sunday.....46/43 = 89 at Scotland Yards....Greens were pathetic....infested with crabgrass....last played there 6 weeks ago and they were fine. Extremely bumpy....just aim at the hole and hope you get the right bump.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I am hitting the driver all over the place right now! Right, left, pop-ups, drop kicks, pull hooks, you name it, I got it! My last 54 holes I think I have 6 FIR total with the driver, somehow I'm not losing balls, and considering where I'm putting myself off the tee I'm scoring ok (79,79,83). The bright side is that I'm putting about as well as I ever have, canning putts inside 15' regularly and 3 putting very rarely (I think 3 3-putts in 3 rounds). I'm really happy with that as the greens are in very mediocre shape and I've been practicing with the putter quite a bit at home.

So while I'm discouraged by the driver, I'm not getting to worked up about it. I know it will come. I haven't been practicing much, the weather has been all over the place, 60* one day and 20* the next so when I get a chance to get out, I just go play. Once it warms up I'll get my ass to the range and get the driver worked out.

I'm starting to get the feel for the MP-58s. Distance control is still pretty iffy and I'm not sure I really like the Rifle 6.0. Can't decide if I should pull the trigger on some KBS Tours or if the Rifles will actually be ok once it warms up and can loosen up a bit. Getting good contact with the irons more often as the rust comes off, but still coming up short too often. Can't decide if its the new clubs, the shafts, the cold weather, or the rust. Basically have too many variable to really even try to sort it out.

In the meantime, I'll keep smacking the driver all over the course and seeing if I can save a par!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

And with that attitude you will make lots of pars Tyk - golf is certainly a game of hitting it, finding it and hitting it again until its in the hole.

I ripped my opponents heart's out several times this weekend by getting up and down in some interesting ways - I tweaked my ankle on the 10th hole of my first round and had to struggle with that little joy - it's trobing right now in fact - but it certainly didn't hurt my short game.

Just so you know that hole is a typical Arthur Hills par 5 - he loves to put some little thing in the middle of the fairway to force you to hit three good shots or on shorter par 5's to force you to take it on if you want to go for it in 2 - in this case it was to make the hole a three shotter with a premium on the drive - I ripped my drive down the middle only to find myself on a side hile moggle with trees between me and my target - I couldn't go over the trees and hit it far enough to have a decent shot into the green - visually the shot called for a fade by the wind was going right to left as was the slope of the moggle so I aimed out over the ob and hooked the heck out of a 3 hybrid - pulled off the shot - hit a bullet of a draw that road the wind and left me a nice wedge into the green - but I twisted my ankle in the process of hitting the shot. :(

Got to play for the first time since November. score(118) wise its like i never missed a step, while i hoped I would have played a little better but I had some good moments. Plus it was about 30 mph winds so I'll take it lol. Pretty much had the course to myself so i did get to experiment with different shots and ideas of how to approach each hole. Cant wait for warmer weather so I can play everyday again!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Played yesterday, shot 77. It was a pretty pathetic ball striking round, everything was off the toe. I had three birdies and followed all three with double bogies; two snap hooked OB tee shots and a fried egg lie in a bunker. I also three putted after driving the par 4 18th..........AGAIN. Still the last two rounds being 73 and 77 in February is pretty dang good. I've been hitting the driver pretty well since my fitting and I'm really exciting to get my new driver knowing that it is going to add 20 yds and will be more accurate.

Had quite a round yesterday on Dye's Valley course at TPC Sawgrass. Shot a 49-38! Short game was absolutely horrible. Looking at chipping and putting alone, if I had hit only average chips and putts on several holes, my score would have been 44-35. I only hit 4 full shots all day that weren't at least average +, and none after the 6th hole. But three 3-putts, three chunked chips and two other up and down in three from the fringe cost me a very nice round. The 38 included two of the three putts and two of the chunked chips.

Haven't practiced the short game in over two months and its starting to catch up to me. I'm off to the excellent practice facilities at Sawgrass tomorrow to work on this. I kick myself all the time for not taking advantage of the Sawgrass facilities, but the bad back saps my motivation many days.

BTW, absolutely loving the RBZ Driver--way, way longer than my old R-7! I used to be about as long as Ross, about 10 yards shorter than John and a significant cart ride shorter than Art. Now I'm way longer than Ross, about 5-10 yards longer than John and now in the same general area as Art, and actually outdrive him 2-4 times a round.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Had quite a round yesterday on Dye's Valley course at TPC Sawgrass. Shot a 49-38! Short game was absolutely horrible. Looking at chipping and putting alone, if I had hit only average chips and putts on several holes, my score would have been 44-35. I only hit 4 full shots all day that weren't at least average +, and none after the 6th hole. But three 3-putts, three chunked chips and two other up and down in three from the fringe cost me a very nice round. The 38 included two of the three putts and two of the chunked chips.

Haven't practiced the short game in over two months and its starting to catch up to me. I'm off to the excellent practice facilities at Sawgrass tomorrow to work on this. I kick myself all the time for not taking advantage of the Sawgrass facilities, but the bad back saps my motivation many days.

BTW, absolutely loving the RBZ Driver--way, way longer than my old R-7! I used to be about as long as Ross, about 10 yards shorter than John and a significant cart ride shorter than Art. Now I'm way longer than Ross, about 5-10 yards longer than John and now in the same general area as Art, and actually outdrive him 2-4 times a round.

There's a range at Sawgrass? :)

Finally! I have been playing well off and on but my game has rarely fired on all cylinders. Typically, I pull my short irons and my pitching and chipping saves me. However, in addition to not pulling my short irons. I had great power while not pulling them. I drove the ball great also, and short game and putting was pretty good too.

However, although it was a beautiful sunny 70* day, there was a 20+ mph wind. I did shoot 80 but if the wind had been reasonable I would have shot much much lower. I had two double bogies that would have been pars or better without the wind. However, I also had a 320 yard drive that would have been a 280 at best without the wind.. But this was offset by 265 would be drives replaced by 190-200 yard drives. Some putts even blew up the hill. But it was a great day and even when the ball only goes 190, when struck in the center of the club face with a great swing it feels like a 300 yarder.

Yeah, I could list a bunch of shots that could or would have been better without the wind but the bottom line is that compared to everyone else at the club today, and it was packed, I was able to cope with the conditions better than most and hit solid shot after solid shot even when they did not turnout like I thought they would when they left the clubface.

Tried to give my cousin a run for his money yesterday, but came up short. I hit some great shots that didn't pan out due to the shaggy bumpy greens; I missed four birdie putts inside of 8', one of which was from 2'. The greens were in such poor shape that I hit that 2' putt three different times, once it went right, once it went left, and the third went dead straight. Now, how I got to 2'.......it was a 153yd par 3, I hit 8I and it landed 2' directly above the hole, took a hop, then spun back down the hill right at the hole.......we both thought it was going in the hole, but then it came to an abrupt stop, it had rolled right back into the ball mark. The only bad hole I had was the par 5 2nd hole; I split the fairway, had 240 into the wind and tried hitting a 3w from a questionable lie (ball was above my feet and in a little bowl). I ended up chunking it off the toe and into a group of pine trees; I had to punch out backwards, hit a poor 4th and 3 putts later had a 7. If I lay up, instead of going for the green, I make par at worst.....oh well, you live and learn. I had all pars after that, until I birdied the par 3 9th, by hitting a horrible shot that turned out great (will be posting about that in the RBladez thread in the review section). In the end my cousin had back to back birdies to shoot 34 and I got one back from that double to shoot 37. Not bad for winter golf.

It was windy all weekend, today it started out at close to 20 mph, and then really got windy at close to 30 mph. The first drive of the day was straight into the wind 360 yard par 4. I bombed one right down the middle and had 184 yards to go. The two guys I was playing were standing beside me in the fairway and I pointed out that when I do the math, I come up a bit short on what club I need to hit because I do not have a club that hits it four yards more than my driver. :lol: While they were laughing I pulled a 2 iron out and played it back in my stance, hit it with dead wrists to take some spin off of it and it headed straight for the green, bounced a few times and landed on the front, past the hole, caught the slope, headed for the hole and disappeared for an eagle. What a great way to start the day. Both of them double bogied and I started the day with a 4 stroke lead on both of them.

I made center contact with almost every drive and every full iron shot was great. Pitching was a bit of a problem because normally you do not have to factor the wind into a pitch or chip but today you did. The greens were lightening fast and often once the ball started rolling it did not stop until it hit something like the fringe or the hole or a slope. A putt rolling 10 feet past the hole was more common than getting one to stop near the hole.

After a 300+ yard drive on the par 5 5th, I had 150 yards and flew he green with an 8 iron and made bogey. Then on 3 363 yards I had 33 yards to the green and made birdie. Then later on 9 126 yards par 3 island green, I hit a punched 6 iron but with spin. It was crazy. I made 15 foot putts dead center and missed 2 foot putts never getting closer than a foot to the hole.

I beat one guy by 8 and with the other I conceded a likely unmakable birdie putt to my bogey putt on 17 so that we could go into the 18th hole with a chance. I had to double bogey and he had to birdie. With an island tee box and an island green and the fairway on the bank, a 25-30 mph crosswind and him needing win by 3 strokes, we had a double bogey limit because the wind. If he would have made the birdie he would have deserved to win.

He hit a perfect drive, and I hit it 10 yards past him. Then he hit a great shot to 25 feet. I had no option then. I had to lay up. The next shot I stuck in the to 10 feet. It was fun to stand there knowing he had to make that 25 footer to have a chance at winning. however he did not come close so I won.

We played 9 more holes and I beat them both again by 5 strokes. We were tied through 4 holes but then I made par on the last 5 holes and they made bogies.

Had yet another solid ball striking round; 9/14 fairways, 16/18 greens. Once again the winter greens got me, of the 16 greens I hit, I had 12 birdie putts inside of 15' and the only one I made was a tap in; hit lots of lips, but the greens are just so dang bumpy and grainy. Anyway, the shot I want to talk about was on the 440yd 10th hole. I hit my tee shot pin high, 10' off the green. I pounded my drive up the right side and it ran down the cart path like it had tires and a steering wheel, before spitting it out right next to the green.......it was one of those things that you had to see to believe. My eagle chip lipped out and left me 8" for birdie (the one tap in that I made). I finished the day with a +2 72. I have been in the 70s for my last several rounds and it has my confidence at an all time high. I really feel like right now my game is in shape to be competitive in some tourneys this year. My current goal is to make the top 100 in the city tourney this year, so I don't have to qualify next year. However, if I keep hitting the ball the way I am right now, I could compete to make the cut (top 40 and ties).

Oh, I wanted to add that this round was played in 20mph steady winds with 30mph gusts, so I was VERY happy with it.

Sounds like you're playing great JBones! You'll be going into the season with some confidence! I shot 80 Sunday with a few bad breaks and a shaky putting performance. I went back to my old TM SuperDeep driver and my driving has improved immensely compared to the R11s. The R11s should be the more forgiving club but for me right now, it isn't! I did hit one terrible tee ball, an ugly drop kick pull that gave me my only double of the day. Missed a 15' chip in for eagle by 2" on our toughest par 5s, then proceeded to miss the 3' come back putt for birdie (GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!). Then missed a 12 inch putt for par on our #1 handicap hole due to being a complete dumbass. I was kinda dancing around avoiding ball marks, couldn't decide if I wanted to just tap it in or mark it, was really expecting it to be given and was a bit irritated that it wasn't but figured I wasn't going to miss it and tried to knock it in. missed by mile! I freaking hate that more than just about anything! Seems like I do that a few times a year. I know better, if I'm not comfortable, I really need to just mark it!

My angst was soothed a bit by winning a $35 skin, but still! Shot 80, should have been a 78, oh well, still getting my game back in order so I can't complain too much, but I will anyhow!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Then missed a 12 inch putt for par on our #1 handicap hole due to being a complete dumbass. I was kinda dancing around avoiding ball marks, couldn't decide if I wanted to just tap it in or mark it, was really expecting it to be given and was a bit irritated that it wasn't but figured I wasn't going to miss it and tried to knock it in. missed by mile! I freaking hate that more than just about anything! Seems like I do that a few times a year. I know better, if I'm not comfortable, I really need to just mark it!

Last year in the city tourney, I started on the #1 handicap hole and missed a 12" putt for par, because I went to tap it in and failed to notice the old botched up repair of a ball mark that was right in front of my ball, it kicked it straight right and burnt the lip. That led to a downhill spiral of mental mistakes. I vowed that I would always mark my ball if it was outside 6". Doing this has really reduced the amount of 3 putts.

Ouch, after 2 rounds of 79, yesterday was an ego shattering 98. Gusty winds made anything that got above the trees a little unpredictable. I can honestly say I think I spent more time on the beach yesterday than I did on my last Florida vacation.

It was just one of those rounds though. I was striking the ball well, but couldn't get a putt to go where I wanted for anything, and in trying to keep the ball under the worst of the wind, I had several missed shots where I topped the ball and kept it really low, like worm burner low.

Still, it was a good time. The sun was out, the group was fun. Unfortunately, it was one of those insanely slow rounds because we got stacked up on 3 behind 4some of older female golfers that moved slow. I'm not sure why, they played the appropriate tees and didn't seem to be looking for many errant shots, but it still took close to 5 hours to play behind them.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Also played in high, gusty winds today, but other than that it was beautiful! Shot an 88, meaning that 5 of my last 6 rounds have been between 87 and 89! Guess I'm playing to my 17 handicap, huh?, although with the percentage adjustment, it should start inching down soon I would imagine. Short game was better today than last round (the 49/38 I wrote about above), but still had 3 three putts (two of the 3 putts, however, were from 'hammer the 1st putt' distance from the hole). Long game was a bit inconsistent. Had one birdie and four double's. No triples for a change. Tried something today after I ballooned the driver on the first of several holes heading direct into the wind. Since I can hit a low trajectory shot with my Rblz 3+ Tour spoon a lot easier than with my driver, on the next hole (Valley #17, a par 5 for the members), I teed the 3+ low and pounded a low draw down the right side of the fairway. Into a strong wind, it just bored through and then rolled and rolled, ending up left side fairway, 235 from the pin, well beyond the drives of two of the other guys who hit drivers and are about the same length or a bit longer than me normally off the tee. Ended up 3 putt bogeying the hole, but the tee shot was a whole lot better than I was expecting into that wind (particularly after the banana ball I hit on the prior hole trying to compensate for the wind (e.g., change my swing (I know, a no-no)). So I tried the 3+ on the next two hole with pretty good results into the wind. When the course reversed (we started on #10 today), however, it sure was a pleasure just launching the driver into the jet stream and watching the ball head toward previously virgin fairway turf from off the tee (Driver, 3/4 pitching wedge instead of the usual 6 or 7 iron on the last hole!). Did get in a little short game practice (and read a couple of tips in golf digest), so the chipping and putting was much more acceptable. Fun day and when all the games and skins were totaled up, won $4.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Another beautiful day and wait for it, not much wind. 10 mph constitutes no wind here. I shot 79 and made no birdies. I had a bunch of tries but was so concerned about running it too far past the hole I just did have any go in. My team won $14 dollars and then we played 9 more holes and I made another $8.

Bad weather is expected for the next couple of days so I will have to stay home and work during the day. Pretty weather I work at night and play golf by day.

Wind seems to be the operative word for all of us! Gusty, swirling winds today, started SE, then SW, then S, then, E then I don't know what then. :angry: Always between 10 and 15 plus.

At any rate shot 40 on the front which is the easier of the two nines and then of course had to come home in 36 because, well because that's golf - I made several great putts on the back - birdied 10 and 11 and made a to die for par after driving it in the water on 14 - That one stung because its 480 playing dead down wind - so I thought but actually playing left to right down. So I started the ball out right, didn't turn it over as I planned would have been fine but the wind drifted it into the hazzard - dropped - had 245 to the middle was tempted to try and sneak it on the front (228) but was disciplined, hit 8 iron, SW to 10 feet and rolled the putt in.

The rest of the round was hold on for dear life because we turned back into the wind and had to guess, in right to left? Dead in? In left to right? I made some pars let me tell you and even had two good looks at birdie - unfortunately I had a double to bring me back to even.

Nice rounds everyone! I won't be able to play until a week from Friday at the earliest.

Wind seems to be the operative word for all of us! Gusty, swirling winds today, started SE, then SW, then S, then, E then I don't know what then. :angry: Always between 10 and 15 plus.

Yesterday, the local high school golfers played in a tournament about 40 miles from here. I played today with the father of two of them, he said they came home last night telling of how every hole they played seemed to be into the wind to some degree and how much trouble they had, but they were glad the greens there were not as fast as here.

Yesterday, the winds were so severe I almost put my cart back into the shed and rented one without a cover because I feared it would rip the cover off.