Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played my last round of the year on Wed and it was definitely a tale of two nines.

Went out in 48. Couldn't make a putt with the belly and pretty didn't hit anything else either. Had three doubles and 6 bogeys. It was terrible.

Came home in 39. Started hitting everything well and making some putts. Only had one birdie, but I'll take a 39 pretty much anytime.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I really really wish I could have played Wed, but everything fell through... Now I'm relegated to stalking the different golf stores in a kind of rotation so I can hit inside before they realize that I'm not buying anything. On Wed I even went to a Golfsmith and after about half an hour of hitting the sales guys came by and was so bored that he did a full Mizuno fitting for me for free. That was even after I told him that I already have new MP-59s.

Paul

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

Last night, just before the Pro Shop closed, I spied a Scotty Cameron Kombi belly putter that had been cut down to 37". This made it a standard length but allowed me to stand very tall (good on the back). I putted some with it but they were ready to leave, and not to mention I was already late coming home, but I really liked it. Throughout the night I could hear this putter calling my name so early this morning the decision was made.

I arrived at the course today with no putter in the bag, (I had a back up just in case it was not there). You see this thing was priced at $2.72 less than I had in Pro Shop Credit. This credit expires December 31st, so you see, it was free,

Now here was my dilemma. I only had about 10 minutes of putting with this before I had to organize the match. Since we were going to have two teams I had to make them even. But do I go out with a brand new putter or use the back up. I knew that if I would have used the old one, every time I pulled it out of the bag the new one would be calling me, so I gamed the new putter. It was much lighter than I have been using, not to mention some 9 inches shorter; but after all, this is just a Sarurday morning round not the Open. On the practice green, I had some difficulty getting the distance control I have with the other putters.

On the first hole, first round of competition with this putter, I sank a 8 foot breaking putt for birdie. I loved the new putter. On the third hole and fith hole I had three putt bogies and two putt bogies on 2, 6, 8, and 10. However, I had one putt birdies, in addition to number 1, on 11, 14 and 17. So all in all it was a mixed day. It took a bit to get the speed and feel right but a 41 on the front and a 42 on the back. I had other issues on the back besides my putting, and had four double bogies and was hitting the ball and putting pretty well. I can not even explain how some of them happened. I not so good drive here and a miss fire on the second shot and then a putt or two with an unfamiliar putter and walk off with a double bogey that I normally do not make.

As I said we were two teams, and starting on 13 we had to wait on the group in front of us. And that made our second group wait. Since no one else was behind us on the back 9 that we could see and there was no way these other guys were going to let us through, we decided to play in as a 7. This is a big no no but no one was behind us so we did it anyway. The other team seemed to be kicking our butts on 13, 14, and 16. We won both balls on 15. They were talking about the match had to be over. So we figured the score on 17 while everyone was teeing off on the par 3. They had two guys close to the flag @ 8 and 15 feet. I was on the green but 35 to 40 feet away. And we just had one other ball in play short of the green because everyone else on both teams went in the water. But the score was tied with two holes to play.

The guy on my team chips in for a birdie and we celebrate like we just won the Ryder Cup. He went close to my line and I saw there was no break, so I putted it dead in the heart and make birdie so we celebrate again. Then one guy on their team sinks a 15 footer for the third birdie on the hole and they celebrate like they just won the Ryder Cup. All that is left is the guy with an 8 footer. I almost felt sorry for him because he was thinking he had the easy birdie and the hole won and now he has to make it in order to not lose the hole and go 1 down into the 18th. He gets over the ball and it is written all over his face that he is afraid of missing this putt. He did. Left it a 1/4 turn short. We push the last hole and they end up losing the match and the bet by a 1/4 turn of the golf ball.

I have no doubt that if I would have had the older putter I would have scored better on the front and would have won the individual bet however since I was out of that bet early on, because of my high quota, I was more free wheeling at other points. Especially when I knew I had to make the birdie on 17 to really put the pressure on them. If I would have had a chance at the individual bet there is no way I would have taken the chance of running that putt 6 feet by the hole. I would not have given up par for the sake of a birdie. Of course that is why we have two $10 bets. A team and an individual to make people play for both.

Tomorrow is a rematch and yes, I will be out early to practice with that putter.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Yeah RR well I had 0 putts today. How do you like them apples? B)

Glad to hear you're hitting it well. I'm so anxious to get control of these irons and plain old don't have the time to play. I am playing TPC Tampa Bay on Tuesday. Can't wait for that - wish I had a golf game to bring with.

Oh and I'm guessing I'll have more than 25 putts there. Just a hunch.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

The short version is I LOVE THIS PUTTER. I had 4 three putt double bogies today. But since I had 6 birdies and 8 pars and shot a 74 in a 25 mph wind, I am happy. We had two bets and lost the first one because we have a rule that if you get a hole in one you are the automatic winner of that bet. But my 74 was enough to beat their combined best ball score and we won the other bet costing them $20 each and us nothing.

The short version is I LOVE THIS PUTTER. I had 4 three putt double bogies today. But since I had 6 birdies and 8 pars and shot a 74 in a 25 mph wind, I am happy. We had two bets and lost the first one because we have a rule that if you get a hole in one you are the automatic winner of that bet. But my 74 was enough to beat their combined best ball score and we won the other bet costing them $20 each and us nothing.

Too bad it will be deemed illegal as of tomorrow. :)

I played TPC Tampa Bay today which is one of my favorite tracks. We played it from the blue tees and it's a bear from there - shot 79 - actually hit 11 greens in regulation - I don't know how many putts I took but it was a bushel basket full - I've been using any and all the practice time that I have on my new irons, driver and 3 wood - it shows - really am hitting the irons great - I can already play with them just fine - really a lomux with the short game but that will return when I start to practice again in a few weeks.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Too bad it will be deemed illegal as of tomorrow. :)

I played TPC Tampa Bay today which is one of my favorite tracks. We played it from the blue tees and it's a bear from there - shot 79 - actually hit 11 greens in regulation - I don't know how many putts I took but it was a bushel basket full - I've been using any and all the practice time that I have on my new irons, driver and 3 wood - it shows - really am hitting the irons great - I can already play with them just fine - really a lomux with the short game but that will return when I start to practice again in a few weeks.

Not this one. It is a mallet but only 37". These idiots are all over the long putters but they are missing the boat. It is not on the chopping block. Yesterday, no double bogies but an eagle, six birds, and a four bogies. A 68. Only had time for a little bit today. I played three holes and was 1 under.

Got out Saturday with the wife and daughter. 68 degrees on Dec. 1? no way I wasn't playing :-).

Since I was with the family, I was focused far more on what they were doing than what I was, so while I was keeping score, I really wasn't looking at he overall number. Imagine my surprise when I sat down at the end of the round to run a total and discovered that I had my lowest round of the year at an 80, with no penalties, 2 visits to the sand traps and 10 GIR.

This is only about my 5-6th round with my new old stock Burner 2's, and I still don't know that I have them 'dialed in' but boy do they feel great.

That said, I did play most of the day with a ball that I hadn't played before, in the Cleveland Hex Chrome. Interesting ball that is great off the tee, nice off the irons, fantastic off the wedges while sounding and feeling awful off the putter ( may be my Oddyssey putter, but ick ) Clicky, almost like hitting mini-golf balls. I shouldn't complain, I got a great round out of the sleeve, but I don't think I would go out of my way to buy the Hex Chromes for a regular ball.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Got out Saturday with the wife and daughter. 68 degrees on Dec. 1? no way I wasn't playing :-).

We hit 80* this weekend. We ended up sitting on the patio because it was too hot in the club house bar. Beautiful weekend here but very windy.

I shortened my back swing with the irons and the GIR was greatly improved. Putting was slightly down with the wind and leaves. You could clear your line of leaves and by the time you got back behind the ball more leaves would blown into the was. We also had the ball blow up hill. Reading the break is one thing but when you add in the wind that is constantly changing it will add a putt or two. I feel like I putted great, they simply did not go in the hole.

The Par 3 #9 island green usually plays 130 to the center and typically anywhere from 115 to 145 to the flag Saturday the flag was at 145 into a 20 mph wind. So it was playing like 165 or so. Then Sunday, they moved all the markers up to the forward tee position. I have never played from there and the moved the flag up to 12 feet from the front of the green. It measured 72 yards from the front, however, with the wind it was still so difficult. It measured 72 but still played 100. Any side spin and the wind twisted the ball flight.

It was 73 here with about a 20 mph wind but had to play today. Struggled with the driver 1st three times I hit it so I shelved it for the 3 wood. Struck the ball decent for myself but struggled with chipping and short putts. Left easily 7-8 strokes out there and still shot 82. Everything is dormant so lies are shoddy at times but still played it down. If I would get my lazy butt out there to practice short game more I would be just fine.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Nice - you guys are making me jealous - spent the day in Matt's office - the hospital - with my wife - surgery went great so it's thursday and friday on the links for me - Bardmoor on Thursday and both World Woods courses on Friday - that will be it until the 26th - work every day from Saturday on through Christmas for this pilgrim.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Nice - you guys are making me jealous - spent the day in Matt's office - the hospital - with my wife - surgery went great so it's thursday and friday on the links for me - Bardmoor on Thursday and both World Woods courses on Friday - that will be it until the 26th - work every day from Saturday on through Christmas for this pilgrim.

Glad the surgery went well!! You will be making us jealous in Jan when ur still playing and we are hibernating.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

My buddies got in from up North and we played Bardmoor, former home to a tour event, today. Great track, back nine often beats me and lots and lots of other people up. I was playing with a 3, former AHL hockey player, an 8 and a 22. I shot 77 and nipped the 3 when he doubled 18, to my par, for 79. This kid could bomb it, the 8 and I were giving up 40 yards plus to him off the tee.

I hit it better and better every time I play with my irons - if it were in season they'd be like old friends - the kid had MP 58's - he just recently traded out of MP 14's. (I think that's what they were.)

I'm hooked on Mizunos - these things feel so sweet - I'm kind of sad I didn't go for something in the MP line but I'm telling you the Pros just feel so good when the ball comes off of them and they have such a nice ball flight with those Project x graphite shafts that I'm seeing really great things to come with them.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Last time I played I shot a 41.....Should have been a 36.

3 Putt bogied 3 holes. Spent 10 minutes getting used to green speed before, which was a waste of time, as each green is significantly faster or slower than the one before it. Blew a 20 foot putt 15 feet by on the first hole after a great fairway bunker shot for OIR. Two others I layed It really short because those greens were like syrup.

Couldn't go up and down from 25 yards for birdie on either of the chances I had to,(Short par four and 500 yard par five).

After a perfect drive cutting the corner over trees on a dogleg, I was left with a 135 yard nine iron in. No big deal right? Wrong. Hooked it almost into the woods. Save bogey with a 30 yard lob wedge and two putt at the worst right? Wrong. Had rained that morning, I failed to notice how much softer it was where my ball was than anywhere else. My 4 degrees of bounce decided it wanted to dig into the dirt, I left myself with a 45 foot putt, which I left 10 feet short and missed that putt too.

Parred the last hole, 41. :angry:

In my Adams Hercules cart bag...
    DriverPing I15 9.5* TFC stiff
    Hook MachineTaylormade Burner Superfast Rescue 18*
    3 HybridAdams ProA12 20* stiff matrix Ozik Altus
    IronsCleveland CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300
    Birdie-MakerMizuno JPX 50*-10*
    Piece of CrapOrlimar 56*
    On the wayCleveland 588 forged 62*-10*
    Mid-Round FuelSnickers bars

After my LM session on Monday at the golf store, I was able to get out yesterday for 9 holes. On Monday I found a better ball position that was close to 9 yards longer but I was curious as to what this translated to on the course. Well, on the course Wednesday this translated to 8 of 9 GIR and 3 birdies and the rest pars, however, on the hole that was not a GIR, I had a triple bogey so it was an even par day. Honestly, I hit so many great shots it was awesome. And lipped out several birdie putts.

The triple bogey came from hitting a poor drive into the wood and originally I had a 7 iron to punch it out but this was the sixth hole and I had had 3 birdies and two lip out pars to this point so I was invincible. I had been putting the ball exactly where I wanted it so I put the 7 iron back and pulled out the three wood. I did get it out of the woods but I came out of the trees behind me. So instead of a 150 yard shot on the third shot. I was now on the wrong side of the woods 320 yards and it went down hill from there. Hitting my fifth shot from 120 but finally with no trees and then two putting. Bonehead course management.

I did not see any significant increase in distance however, I certain did not leave it short like I normally do, so I am happy.

My game is very much starting to come - followed up the 77 on a tough course with a 75 yesterday - putter was very solid yesterday which translated into some money in my back pocket. Got to love it!

On the topic of length our former pro Hockey player in the group hit one 313 into the wind on 18 - flat and not very firm conditions - he crushed the hell out of it - he was pissed that he was outdriving me by 40 to 60 yards and getting waxed so he outdrove me by 70 on that one - I had a great angle and hit a knock down 9 iron from 114 to 2 feet - he was stuck with a tricky shot over a trap and could only flop it to 10 feet - that tricky down hiller slid by the hole and when I tapped in my birdie my partner and I won the press bet which was dinner at a nice steak house.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I have missed 22 birdie putts in the last 36 holes. I have a 77 and a 76 and not a single birdie. Yesterday, I was killing the irons. I had 14 birdie putts that were less than 10 feet and I hit really great putts that simply did not go in the hole. Today, the irons were not as crisp sill had 8 GIR and still did not make any birdie putts. However, today, I did not a single par putt of less than 5 feet. I had 15 pars and and a knee knocker putt for every one of them.

It is hard to be too disappointed when you are making all those pars but I sure would like for a birdie putt or two to fall. I have been putting pretty well and the misses are just missing so I will stay the course and they will start to drop.

I am over the birdie drought but did not have a very good weekend putting. Total for Friday, Sat, and Sun on 54 holes I had 36 GIR and 3 birides. However, I was pretty steady with the score. 77 today so that is 77, 76, 77 and did not putt well at all. I mean I was not knocking it off the green nor was I 3 putting, OK there were a couple of those. But I did not make putts either.

However, 66% GIR is a great number.

Well I was able to play yesterday and ended up shooting a 96, I know for a lot of you guys a 96 would mean you had a horrible day but for me it is actually a pretty decent round. I was really pretty pleased with my round, not so much for the score but I actually played 18 holes without any triple bogies or penalty strokes. I have recently implemented a new strategy(that I loosely took from several different threads on MGS)where the longest club I play other than on the tee box is a 5 iron. This new approach is really helping me to keep the ball in play instead of in the trees somewhere. Anyway I figure if I just continue with this strategy and work on making smarter shots, I should be able to bring my scores down.

Thank you to all you MGS regulars who post and offer your experience and expertise, I hope you don't mind me sharing my small successes with you!

Today, I will do what others will not so that...

Tomorrow, I will do what others can not

... I have recently implemented a new strategy(that I loosely took from several different threads on MGS)where the longest club I play other than on the tee box is a 5 iron. This new approach is really helping me to keep the ball in play instead of in the trees somewhere. Anyway I figure if I just continue with this strategy and work on making smarter shots, I should be able to bring my scores down.

Thank you to all you MGS regulars who post and offer your experience and expertise, I hope you don't mind me sharing my small successes with you!

Hell, no that is why we post them. I am very selective on when to go for it with my second shot. I see guys do it all the time, they hit a decent shot and then pull out the big club, when they probably could not get there with a perfect strike, and then hit into trouble. I watched some guys do it today.

Keep up the good work and the scores will come. No triples and no penalties is a major accomplishment. Soon you can focus on avoiding double bogies.

Hell, no that is why we post them. I am very selective on when to go for it with my second shot. I see guys do it all the time, they hit a decent shot and then pull out the big club, when they probably could not get there with a perfect strike, and then hit into trouble. I watched some guys do it today.

Keep up the good work and the scores will come. No triples and no penalties is a major accomplishment. Soon you can focus on avoiding double bogies.

Thanks Rick, I really am working hard to improve my game and this site has been a big help. I don't know if I will ever be a single digit handicapper but I will be the best I can be (if my wife doesn't divorce me first) because I am totally obsessed with being a better golfer.

Thanks Rick, I really am working hard to improve my game and this site has been a big help. I don't know if I will ever be a single digit handicapper but I will be the best I can be (if my wife doesn't divorce me first) because I am totally obsessed with being a better golfer.

Wives come and go, but a single digit handicap takes a lot of work.:lol:

She (and certainly my wife) probably does not think that is funny.

I'm a bit perplexed about my round yesterday - its the lowest round I've had in ages, but my short game and putting was way off. I was getting it onto the green okay, but in a different postal code from the hole. I hit 41 putts for an 86. Its not a long course (par 69, 5040m) I'm pretty upbeat about the potential though. I feel like my game was nearly there, so that's definitely motivation to actually do some practice. If I'm honest I don't spend anywhere near enough time practicing my putting and short game. There's a short game practice setup near to me so I think a membership might be on the cards for Christmas.

Okay how to keep up?

It is wierd for me to think it's coming around in December but I've gotten used to it and in fact am watching the Packers/Lions game and thinking what in the hell is that?

I'm also thinking would you please throw the ball to Megatron - please, pretty please with sugar on it?

I'll have to wait until friday to play but can't wait to play again. Weather has nothing to do with that it's just that work does get in the way this time of the year.

Nice rounds from everyone else -

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Played a 4BBB comp on Saturday just gone and decided to play with Driver, 3-PW and the 3 wedges. No hybrids.

Hit 14 fairways with the driver and only had one 3 putt all day.

Won the comp with 50 points. WooHoo. biggrin.gif

It was our clubs Irish Turkey day and not having played the comp before was surprised to discover that the first prize actually included a turkey.

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

What a terrible round I played Sunday. Went out for 9 holes, and well, I was TERRIBLE. Couldn't get off the teebox cleanly for my life. I was all over the place. Left off the first tee into the woods, right off the second, left off the 3rd. 4 was a par 3 that I frequently find myself swimming, so I did the only sensible thing. I AIMED for the water... and hit the green.

Yes it was that kind of round. That said, I found my putting stroke, and had 11 putts for 9 holes and that includes a 3 putt on that par 3 4th.... What a train-wreck.

But, you know what? It was still a good round, not because of how I played, but because I did play. I went out stressed out over work and life and other things, but 100 minutes of awful golf did far more to ease the stress points than spending that same 100 minutes working on things and not getting further.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Wives come and go, but a single digit handicap takes a lot of work.:lol:

She (and certainly my wife) probably does not think that is funny.

No, they probably wouldn't think that was funny (but I do!)she already claims she is a "golf-widow"

Played a 4BBB comp on Saturday just gone and decided to play with Driver, 3-PW and the 3 wedges. No hybrids.

Hit 14 fairways with the driver and only had one 3 putt all day.

Won the comp with 50 points. WooHoo. biggrin.gif

It was our clubs Irish Turkey day and not having played the comp before was surprised to discover that the first prize actually included a turkey.

AJ

Congratulations on the win!

Okay how to keep up?

It is wierd for me to think it's coming around in December but I've gotten used to it and in fact am watching the Packers/Lions game and thinking what in the hell is that?

I'm also thinking would you please throw the ball to Megatron - please, pretty please with sugar on it?

I'll have to wait until friday to play but can't wait to play again. Weather has nothing to do with that it's just that work does get in the way this time of the year.

Nice rounds from everyone else -

Hey Rev, I believe you were involved in one of the threads that led me to start leaving some of the longer clubs in the bag from the fairway so I just thought I would say thanks for your input!

What a terrible round I played Sunday. Went out for 9 holes, and well, I was TERRIBLE. Couldn't get off the teebox cleanly for my life. I was all over the place. Left off the first tee into the woods, right off the second, left off the 3rd. 4 was a par 3 that I frequently find myself swimming, so I did the only sensible thing. I AIMED for the water... and hit the green.

Yes it was that kind of round. That said, I found my putting stroke, and had 11 putts for 9 holes and that includes a 3 putt on that par 3 4th.... What a train-wreck.

But, you know what? It was still a good round, not because of how I played, but because I did play. I went out stressed out over work and life and other things, but 100 minutes of awful golf did far more to ease the stress points than spending that same 100 minutes working on things and not getting further.

Dru, I see that you are located in GA, I am in the southern end of the state. With the weather we have been having the golf course is the perfect place to be and it sounds like you really needed to get out and forget about everything else! Hope you get to play more, life is too short to stay stressed out!