What Shot Tracking System Do You Use?

Are you a Shot Scope, Arccos, Garmin or another user? Or do you go by hand or do you just not use any of that?

Let us know!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I've used Golfshot for around 10 years so have plenty of data on there. What I lack is club performance data - I used the first release of Shot Scope but returned it as the accuracy of ball location was weak. I left the message that I was sure as GPS performance performance improved so would their product - it would be interesting to see if I was correct.

Currently using T150S irons and Callaway Epic Driver, 5 and 7 wood with a Taylormade 5 hybrid.

Apple Watch and I use 3 different GPS apps. 

Played golf for over 50 years until my health and business calendar reduced my time to less then 5 rounds a year. Then 4 years ago I retired, changed my diet and lifestyle, lost 100 pounds and got back on the course. Its been a struggle but things are getting better.

Currently use my iPhone and the Tag Heuer app. Like it’s graphic representation of the course. Makes it easier to get distance to hazards which is difficult with my Precision Pro rangefinder.   Would really like to try the V5. Would love to couple with club tags to really refine my distance numbers on the course. 

Been a Shotscope user since 2021 and an informal brand ambassador for their products. Prior to 2021 I used ARRCOS, however, between the post round edits, the annual subscription cost and the customer service I abandoned ARRCOS. The V3, in my book was bulletproof - virtually no edits, one time cost, and superior customer service made the transition a no brainer. Yes the X5 had programming issues, and some of us considered ourselves a beta group, but today it is a robust tracking device, and their customer service continues to get high marks from me. 

Get the V5 is all you want is course info, on the other hand if you're committed to improvement, spend the extra dollars for the X5. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I'm a Shotscope user. I've used the H4 GPS tracker for about a year now and it's been eye opening. It showed me my game in raw numbers and where I need to improve.

I always thought my short game and putting was ok. The data showed they're my worst areas and it's actually my tee game that's my best. That's the opposite of how I would have described my game based on my own perspective. 

One feature I love about the tracking is the Performance Average. The system will take into account your quality shots as well as all the bad and give the yardage for a good strike. That's great because averaging in tops and shanks shows real world results, but lowers the number to an unrealistic number if you were to make solid contact. 

Okish golfer

I've been a Shot Scope user since the V1. I've had the V2, V3, H4 and now the X5. Each one has gotten better, but I agree with @tony@CIC that it felt like the X5 was beta tested on us early users. The X5, while still not flawless, is now pretty darn good. I'd still like much better battery life, though, so it could also be worn as a watch without daily charging. Or alternately, a more convenient method such as wireless charging.

I tried Arccos in the past, well after it should have been stable, but had a lot of trouble with missed shots. And, of course, there's that annual fee for its use in any form.

I also have tried the SwingU app. It seemed to work very well, but it took more user input during the round than I like. It also has an annual fee for any of the advanced level tracking info, but not for handicap calculation (at lease the last time I checked) which is the reason I still have it. I don't have the need for an official USGA HC. Also, it's a PITA to register legitimate rounds since no one in my golfing group partakes either, and the club I generally play doesn't make it any more convenient to post rounds. I simply use HC as one way to track progress. According to SwingU, the only thing missing in their calculation is the newly added weather factor so it's pretty accurate.

Edited by MIgregb
Corrected word

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

Currently use Tag Heuer golf watch which I am less than happy with. Watch is very slow to change yardages. Unless you wait for yardage at your ball yardage will be too high. Very annoying. 

Over the years I’ve tried Arrcos, Garmin with the CT10s, and ShotScopeX5. I tried each one for at least a season so that I could take the time to learn the system and not just discard it because I was comparing it to other ones. Ultimately for me the X5 seems to do most of what I want.

Most of my observations echo others. Arrcos — didn’t like having to put my phone in my front pocket, the sensors were a bit bulky, and I really don’t like the subscription fee. Garmin — great GPS watches of course, but the CT10 integration and software was really lacking to me. Shotscope — the X5 definitely has its issues and I recently locked it up during a round because I would manage to press the power button by accident. But I like the sensors and the software isn’t bad. I’m learning to finish things on my computer rather than my phone. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

I would love to have this new device. I have only used a range finder and have gone through a few of those over the years. Seeing the course layout would be awesome as well as tracking shots and analysis of the round could only enhance anyone’s round.

Good luck to all!

I am almost 75, play once a week at local courses in the Charlotte, NC area.  My handicap is 10.  My best score this year is 74.  My strength is off the tee with the driver.  My approach shot is the biggest weakness in my game.  Chipping is generally okay.

I use GolfShot with my Apple Watch. It’s convenient for data collection but lacks swing data. I did just recently upgrade to pro which is supposed to provide swing analysis so we shall see how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best of luck 🙏🏻

I use Shotscope with the V3 watch (used the V2 before that). Data has been really helpful in identifying my weaknesses (shirt game and putting).

V3 watch has been solid & reliable performer.  I’ve been tempted to upgrade the watch but see many people reporting having trouble with the X5, so haven’t upgraded. Curious to see if V5 is as reliable as my V3.

Driver -  Titleist TSR3, 8 degrees

5 Wood - Titleist TSR2, 18 degrees

Hybrid -    Titleist 910H, 18 degrees

Irons 3-5  :wilson_staff_small:  C300 forged 

Irons 6-PW  :wilson_staff_small:  FG Tour V6

52, 58 degree Mizuno T22 Denim Copper finish

Putter - Evenroll ER5 35"

Preferred ball:  Maxfli Tour

Shot Scope V3 for the past two seasons. Would love to try the newest version. I have definitely become a better golfer with this information.

Callaway Driver

TaylorMade fairway wood, hybrids, irons, wedges and Spider putter

I have a skytrak simulator at home and us a leopold rangefinder on the course. It would be very interesting to compare a shot tracker on my wrist with what I use now to compare the benefits.

Ping 425 Tensi Orange R

Titleist TSR 7 wood 21 degrees

Titleist TS 4 and 5 hybrids

Titleist T200 6-gap tensi red stiff

Volkey 54 and 60 wedges

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

Used the Shotscope v3 for the past couple seasons and it’s performed great. Just upgraded to the V5 and haven’t used it much yet but like the V3 it’s proven to be reliable in the few rounds I used it for so far. Loving the hole overview feature and the score tally right on the watch after each hole. 

I used to use a GARMIN vivoactive a few years back but didnt think it was up to much and I ended up just leaving it in a drawer. I'd like to think the technology has moved on, accuracy improved, less signal loss, better battery life etc. 

I am also sceptical as I dont like watching opponents and playing partners spending a lot of their time on the course messing around with gadgets. So im wondering if interactionsn with devices are more intuitive now also. 

Driver - Mizuno ST200

3 and 5 Woods - Titleist TSR2

3 Hybrid - Titleist TSR2

Irons - PING G410

Putter - Odyssey TEN

I used a Bushnell watch in the past, but have more recently been using a laser without a shot tracker platform.  Old school I suppose.  Very curious about what's changed and improved, not only with the watch tech over the past 6-7 years but also with the associated platform.  I keep stats on my scorecard and enter them into a homemade spreadsheet - maybe time to upgrade to platform!

As of 4/20/24

Driver:   Titleist TSr3 10.0 w/ Tensei AV Series Blue S Shaft

Wood:   PXG 3 wood 15* w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black Low Spin Shaft

2-Hybrid: PXG Gen5 0311 17* w/ EvenFlow Riptide Graphite Hybrid Shaft

3-Hybrid: Taylor Made Burner Superfast 2.0 18* w/ Stock S shaft

Irons:    PXG 0311P Series - 5-7 Iron; 0311T Series 8-W

Wedge: PXG Sugar Daddy 0311 - 50,54,60 degree 

Putter:  EVNRLL ER2 Black

Balls:  ProV1

I use a Garmin watch during golf along with their sensors. I can not remember the last time I played naked, (on my wrist I mean GRIN). It has been instrumental in my ability to KNOW my club distances.

PING i20's Driver-9 Cleveland RTX 4 52-56-60 Ping ANSER Putter

I’ve been using a Garmin watch for the past couple of years but recently decided to get an Apple Watch along with Golfshot Pro. Would be interested in trying the Shot Scope V5 to see how it compares to what I’ve used in the past.

WITB 2024:

• Taylor Made M4 driver (10.25°)
  • Cobra RADSpeed 3-wood (14.5°)
  • Wilson C300 5-wood (19°)
  • Cobra Fly-Z 3/4 hybrid (21.5°)
  • Callaway Edge (Costco) 5-hybrid, 6i-PW
  • Cleveland 588 RTX 50° gap wedge
  • Cleveland CBX 56° sand wedge
  • Cleveland RTX 4 60° lob wedge
  • Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter

I use a Garmin GPS (G6) for yardages along with The Grint for stats tracking. I'm not thrilled with the Garmin as it too often takes a long time to connect to the satellite and will sometimes lose the satellite mid-round for a while, which is very annoying. I've been wanting to try something like ShotScope or Arccos for a long time. I'd love to take the ShotScope V5 for a spin. I like The Grint for stat tracking but it's really only giving me the basics (fairways, greens, putts, penalties, etc.). I really would like specifics of why I'm missing greens and other more detailed info that something like ShotScope could provide. I play 4 times per week on average. I'm 66, play to a 3 handicap, from the white tees.

Lee F. Crafford

Hello everyone! 

I am replying to be a prospective tester for Shotscope V5 system. 

I currently use a Bushnell range finder as my primary distance measuring device. To augment range finding, I use a golf cart GPS system whenever they are available. Last but not least, I also use on course range markers and my good old calibrated mark 1 eyeballs to achieve remarkable triangulation calibration of pin distance.

As a tester of the Shotscope V5, my intent would be to range this system against the aforementioned systems for accuracy.  I will also keep an accurate log of each outing utilizing an excel spreadsheet. 

Of course I plan on commenting on the normal particulars of ease of use, shortcomings if any and any other test parameters I can think of during the course of testing.

Good Luck to all those selected for this test.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

I've been a Garmin guy for a long time.  I have the R10 Approach, s12 watch, I use one of there range finders, I also use the depth sounders, sonar, and radar on the boat!  Hard to deny that they have been in the business of telling you where you are, or what is coming for a long time, and have been doing it well.  I trust the products, but as far as the simulator, I'd be open to trying something new..

Right Now: Paradym Driver 9Degrees, Autoflex shaft, TM 3 Wood Ventus Red 6 Velocore, Ping G430 3,6, Hybrid BMG Shafts, Paradym Irons 5-AW, KBS Max Graphite, Ping 4.0 Glide Wedges 54, 60