What Shot Tracking System Do You Use?

I have had Arccos for a number of years now and for a straight forward start from hole one and play on to 18 the system works okay. Better with the Linc but still misses plenty of shots. Playing with the men's club and starting from say hole 7 the thing is a pure pain in the butt to get to work correctly. It is so bad that I do not use it when I play on my regular days. Then every 2 years or so the sensors die.  I play a lot of golf. The sensors will not work for more than say three hundred rounds. So a yearly membership ( have been grandfathered in but I am sure there are parts of Arccos that are cool that I do not have access to) for whatever it costs, 200+ dollars for new sensors every couple of years, and a system that is not at all user friendly for a non-standard round, and the sensors wallow out the grip holes - new sensors mean new grips. 

Pros

The feedback after a round Arccos provides is fantastic. Great information and handy analysis. 

Excellent on course data when available. 

Cons

Cannot roll past hole 18 when starting on any other besides hole 1. Must do that manually and that is a very difficult process.

If Link loses the phone connection the system will not advance to the next hold for any reason. 

Expensive sensors that you are lucky to get 300 rounds with before the sensors die and must be replaced. 

Sensors wallow out grip holes. This makes the sensors easy to lose and forces you to change the grip before you may need to, and buy more replacement sensors. 

Conclusion

If you are looking for a short-term , say 200 rounds, of on course actual club and swing data for swing analysis and don't mind kicking out 450+ dollars for the sensors and the Linc Pro (I wouldn't get just the Linc, it misses too many shots) you could do far worse than the Arccos system. 

Long term data gathering? I would not spend the money again. 

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

13 hours ago, Garverick said:

I use the Garmin S40. Not as detailed as the larger model (S70/80?) but provides good baseline data for clubs. Not much help around the greens but those shots are harder to track. Easy to use: hit ball, select which club you hit. As you gather more data, it starts to select a better club to start with. The Garmin app lets you adjust clubs used in round and shows you average, min, max data stats. If you don't correct your rounds afterwards, you end up with some crazy shots. I have a 158 yard average with my 7 iron but have a 412 yard shot recorded from somewhere. After taking lessons and gaining some distance and accuracy, I should figure out how to reset the numbers to come up with new stock yardages.

Yeah, for some reason the other day my watch started on hole #6 and I ended up with a 400 yard shot with my 3W. I edited that out when I reviewed my card and shots the next day. That took my average distance for that club back down to where it should be.

:taylormade-small: M6 clubs in the bag and a GARMIN Fenix 7 on the wrist!

I use my Apple Watch and the 18 birdies app. Was thinking of trying thegrint

WitB: 

5 thru PW - callaway mavriks stiff shaft 

50 degree - titleist vokey sm-7

54 degree - ping gorge tour

60 degree - Cleveland cbx full face

Driver - callaway rogue st max stiff shaft 

3h - Taylormade rescue 

Putter - Kirkland ks-1

I used the ShotScope V3 until last year when I got selected to test the Garmin S70. There are some things I miss from ShotScope but at the end of the day, the benefits of the Garmin outweigh the more detailed metrics I was getting from ShotScope.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-PW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

I’m using 18Birdies and Eagle Eye range finder with slope. 18 Birdies has been especially helpful to me finding distances to clear water and to hazards such as fairway traps, ponds, or marshes. I also like the score keeping feature. You are able to keep just your score, your foursome or even tournaments. 

I've been using Shot Scope watches since 2021. Started with the V3, bought the X5 last May. 

Overall, I like both products. My biggest complaint is that it doesn't always register the club. I have to be observant and make sure that I hold the butt of the club very close to the watch band so it registers. Also, it can be a little off when reading flag position, leading to incorrect putt distances. That's easily fixed - I've learned to pace off distances and mark them on the card for post-round editing.

But that is a small price to pay for the information I get from the app. there is a buttload of info about my game that I've used to help lower my scores. It's also handy for comparing different clubs to see what really works and what doesn't.

I've also used the L2 rangefinder. Another good product at a very reasonable price. took it out of my bag to try another rangefinder, but I believe it's going back in very soon!

So there you are. I feel I'm uniquely qualified to test the V5, based on my prior experience with Shot Scope products.

I've been using my Garmin S62 for about a year and a half now. I got it when I started getting serious about golf, and I've played 50 rounds of 18 holes with it, gathering a bunch of data along the way. It's been super useful for me during games. I tried using a rangefinder, but taking it on and off the golf cart was just annoying.

Garmin watches have a lot of great features, though they have some downsides too, like their user interface and experience, both on the watch and the app. My current Garmin has been solid, but I'm really interested in checking out the new Shot Scope V5 to see how it stacks up.

:ping-small: G430 SFT HL , Driver , 10.5

:ping-small: G430 SFT HL , 3W , 16 

:ping-small: G430 MAX HL , 5W , 18
:ping-small: G430 MAX HL , 5H , 26

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HOT METAL HL, 6-P

:titleist-small: VOKEY SM4 , 52-08

:titleist-small: VOKEY SM9 , 56-12 , 60-12

:scotty-cameron-1: SUPER SELECT NEWPORT 

17 hours ago, Ted Tedeschi said:

Using the Golfshot app. Originally loaded it to provide distances using GPS. It is as accurate as the rangefinders of any of the people I have played with. People have tried to prove me wrong & pull out their fancy, expensive devices, only to find their distances are within 1 or 2 yards of my free phone app. No need for other devices to break or lose! Tracks my score and emails it to me. All I need for now. 

Upgrades are available, for a fee, to provide all kinds feedback and club suggestions. As my game improves, I will make use of the available functionality.

IMG_2119.png

thanks i will give it a look

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

12 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

I have had Arccos for a number of years now and for a straight forward start from hole one and play on to 18 the system works okay. Better with the Linc but still misses plenty of shots. Playing with the men's club and starting from say hole 7 the thing is a pure pain in the butt to get to work correctly. It is so bad that I do not use it when I play on my regular days. Then every 2 years or so the sensors die.  I play a lot of golf. The sensors will not work for more than say three hundred rounds. So a yearly membership ( have been grandfathered in but I am sure there are parts of Arccos that are cool that I do not have access to) for whatever it costs, 200+ dollars for new sensors every couple of years, and a system that is not at all user friendly for a non-standard round, and the sensors wallow out the grip holes - new sensors mean new grips. 

Pros

The feedback after a round Arccos provides is fantastic. Great information and handy analysis. 

Excellent on course data when available. 

Cons

Cannot roll past hole 18 when starting on any other besides hole 1. Must do that manually and that is a very difficult process.

If Link loses the phone connection the system will not advance to the next hold for any reason. 

Expensive sensors that you are lucky to get 300 rounds with before the sensors die and must be replaced. 

Sensors wallow out grip holes. This makes the sensors easy to lose and forces you to change the grip before you may need to, and buy more replacement sensors. 

Conclusion

If you are looking for a short-term , say 200 rounds, of on course actual club and swing data for swing analysis and don't mind kicking out 450+ dollars for the sensors and the Linc Pro (I wouldn't get just the Linc, it misses too many shots) you could do far worse than the Arccos system. 

Long term data gathering? I would not spend the money again. 

thanks for saving me money, this is what this site is all about.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

I have an Apple Watch and 18birdies combo. I've used the Arccos grip sensors but needed to keep tightening the sensors into the end of my clubs, too many phantom hits, and had to correct the accuracy too often. With my current combo, I also track club performance on my scorecard for later review.

[email protected]_, Skins and Twins

The Grint. Allows me to use my Apple Watch Ultra to mark location and select club used to log distances. 

I play once a week at least with a regular foursome. Between a 14-17 handicap, but working to get more consistent.  Enjoy walking when it’s not too hot.  

Been an Arccos user for awhile.  

I don’t use it for every round.  But, I have used it enough to have 33,000 shots captured over 448 rounds.

Cobra LTDx LS 9.0 TPT Power Range 18 LO

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 TPT 17 HI

Tour Edge E723 21 degree Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid TPT 17 LO

Corey Paul - 5 & 6 CB with KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Black

Corey Paul 7 - PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff Chrome

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60 all with BGT ZNE shafts

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos, Bushnell V4, Vessel Lux XV 2.0 bag, Bag Boy quad XL cart with Alphard V2 wheels

Currently and since 2014 I have used Arccos. I love it and the data it provides but I have never had to pay for the subscription as I have gen 2 sensors…well my sensors are starting to die and now I’m at a crossroads. Do I continue my Arccos quest or switch to shotscope? 

I hate the idea of paying for that on top of all of the money I spend on golf anyways. I’m leaning towards switching. Even if it means losing all of that data. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I’ve just recently started using Arccos. I use it with my series 9 Apple watch so I don’t have the hassle of keeping my phone in my front pocket nor did I have the expense of buying Arccos Link. With Arccos and Apple Watch, 98+% of my shots are automatically tracked. Most of the missed shots are tap-in putts which can be added manually and instantly on my Apple watch. Arccos uses a haptic tap from the watch to let you know if a shot has been detected. So far I like how it’s working. Strokes gained data targets areas to improve. Used GolfShot Pro for a time which also uses Apple watch for swing tracking. It missed a lot of shots. 

All clubs are Maltby/Golfworks brand

Driver – KE4 TC Max, Maltby MPF Pro Series UL shaft, Regular

3 & 5 Woods – KE4 Tour TC, Fujikura Vista Pro 65-R shaft, Regular

3 Hybrid – KE4 Tour TC, Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Black 2nd Gen shaft, Regular

4 Hybrid – KE4 Tour TC, Rapport Core Blue Hybrid, Regular

5 – PW Irons – TS3 Forged, UST Mamiya Recoil 660/680 SC shaft, Regular

52, 56 degree Wedges – Max Milled, UST Mamiya Recoil 760/780 ES SmacWrap IP shaft, Regular

Putter -  Pure-Track Tour Milled PTM-4, TT putter shaft

Ball – Maxfli Tour X

I’m currently a Arccos subscriber. At one point, I even had the link V2, but it fell off during a round, and I have not replaced it. I didn’t pay for the sensors, so the subscription fee is the only money I have into it, though I’m not generally a fan of subscription fees for hardware.

my biggest gripe about the app is the inability to use other Bluetooth sound devices while Arccos is being used as a reader during the round.

I enjoy the statistics, though as someone who’s game is rapidly improving, I do find the club suggestions to be off sometimes.

Driver: :callaway-small: AI Smoke MaxD w/ Mitsubishi Diamana GT 40R

3w: Callaway Edge

5w: Stealth2 HD

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 Hot Metal HL w/Accra IS 50i

Wedges: :ping-small: s59 w/Accra is 60i

Putter: :L.A.B.: DF3

I currently use the Garmin Approach G12, and export data to a spreadsheet and track on Golffrontier.com

It's not ideal for keeping track of stats, but Garmin really misses the mark on data tracked vs. data actually used in their stats. 

I would love to find a device that is both easy to use (which the G12 is), but with great data and stats display. 

I suck, but want improvement. Data is just fun to see and compare even when you're still digging to break 100 or whatever.

Cheers,

Jah

Currently an Apple Watch Series 9 user. I have been on Team Apple Watch since the series 3 and have try to use golf apps that paired. I have used 18 birdies, the Grint, as well as a few others. I also did a trial with the grip-integrated Arccos system when I bought my Cobra F8 irons back in 2019, I found at the time that the tracking was a bit messy and required too much phone time on the course to ensure proper tracking. The kicker that got me off Arcoss was the subscription cost and the fact that you would have to order through them for new integrated grips or purchase the adapters. I am currently using Swing U for stat tracking with pretty good success and minimal round interruption and phone time as I can do a lot of tracking on my wrist.   

Driver:   :cobra-small: King F8 9.5D w/Motore X1 x-stiff
Fairway:  :cobra-small: King F8 3 wood  
Hybrids:   :cobra-small: King F9 3 hybrid 19.5° Fujikura Atmos 7s stiff      
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F8 5-PW true temper XP 90 stiff 
Wedges: :callaway-small: 48° (10) Mack Daddy 4 S grind, :taylormade-small: 52° (09) Hi-Toe, :taylormade-small:56° (09) Milled Grind, :taylormade-small:60° (10) MG2 
Putter:    :Sub70: 004 Mallet w/ SuperStroke Zynergy 5.0

Ball: :vice: Pro (white & drip)

On 4/19/2024 at 11:29 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Are you a Shot Scope, Arccos, Garmin or another user? Or do you go by hand or do you just not use any of that?

Let us know!

Good morning @GolfSpy_APH,

I have only been using the Precision Pro app that pairs with my R1 rangefinder, and also keep hole-by-hole stats on the GHIN app.  I don’t really track shot to shot, since the Precision Pro app has you open your phone and click the Start Tracking button.  It ends up being a nuisance always having to have my phone on hand and trying to play a pace-conscious round.  I really would like to test the V5 for ease of use and tracking.  I haven’t tried an Arccos or caddie system yet and feel like I could implement it in my game with no bias.  Thank you for the opportunity.

:titelist-small: Tsi3 9* - Tensei AV Raw White 65s

:titelist-small: Tsi2 15* - Tensei AV Raw White 75s

:tour-edge: C721 19* HZRDUS Smoke RDX 80s

:mizuno-small: JPX921 Tour - KBS $-Taper 120 4-pw

:mizuno-small: T22 50*, 54*, 58* DG Tour Issue

:mizuno-small: M-Craft V mallet

Golf Pride MCC +4 grips

My Journey from Golfshot to Arccos Gen3 + Link

Golfshot App:
For the past year, I've used Golfshot, integrated seamlessly with my Apple Watch Ultra. This app stood out for its intuitive interface and robust analytics, providing GPS distances and tracking my shots effectively. While it helped improve my game awareness, I occasionally found myself wanting more depth in shot analysis and automated tracking features.

Arccos Gen3 + Link:
I've recently upgraded to Arccos Gen3 + Link, pairing it also with my Apple Watch Ultra. The transition was driven by Arccos's promise of enhanced shot detection and comprehensive data insights powered by AI. The system includes lightweight sensors and a Link device, which captures shot data automatically, allowing me to focus more on the game and less on manual inputs. I'm excited to see how this advanced technology will further refine my golf strategy and skills.

Corentin | Québec City, QC - B2 Golf member
Average Quebec-based golfer on a quest to refine skills and deepen golfing knowledge

📊Golfing Stats: Handicap 18 | Best Round 88 | Trackman Handicap 5.5
🌍 Favorite Courses: Celebration, Orlando (FL) | Club de Golf Orléans, St-Pétronille (QC) | Green Pearl Golf, Moorea, French Polynesia 
🏌️Clubs:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 - HZRDUS Smoke Black stiff shaft
  • Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 3W & 5W - HZRDUS Smoke Red stiff shaft
  • Irons: TaylorMade Stealth (4i to Gap Wedge) - Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shaft
  • Wedges: TaylorMade MG3 (54º & 58º) - True Temper Dynamic Golf S200 stiff shaft
  • Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Super Select 2.5+ - stock steel shaft
  • Bag: Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black
  • Ball: Titleist Pro V1
  • Tracking system : Arccos Gen3. + Arccos Link Pro

🎯 Golf Instructor: Alex Shattuck (TGRe)

Passionate about all things golf. Here to learn, share, and test the limits of my game.
Let's make every shot count! ⛳

Started using Arccos for this season. The jury is out for me still.

• Driver - Callaway Paradym X 10.5 - Project X HZRDS Gen 4 50
  • 3 Wood - Callaway Paradym X 16.5 - Project X HZDRS Gen 4 50
  • 5 Wood - Callaway Paradym X 18.5 - Project X HZDRS Gen 4 50
  • Irons - Srixon ZX7 - KBS Tour C-Taper Lite
  • Wedges - Srixon ZX7 51-8 KBS Tour C-Taper Lite; Titleist Vokey 56-12 & 60-08 - Project X 6.0
  • Putter - Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
  • Golf Ball - 2023 Titleist Pro V1X Left Dash

I use the grint app to track my distance with each club, but I struggle with consistency. I feel like manually tracking each shot distracts me from just playing. Having a system that automatically tracks my club performance would allow me to just enjoy playing, and get the data that I want to be able to improve. 

KGM