Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Headcover Search

The more we all get into this money pit of a sport we call golf, the more "things" we seem to accumulate. Constantly tweaking grips, shafts, gloves, towels, etc etc. One thing that I think is missing, is some cool headcovers. 

I've been looking for a cool headcover, but cant seem to find anything I really like. I know CMC, Pins & Aces, Cayce, and even Etsy have some nice stuff, but nothing stands out. A lot of them look cheap or Tacky.  The pretty sweet ones seem to cost upwards of $100 - $200, which seems nuts for a headcover, right? 

Is anyone kinda getting the same feeling or have some places that may be undiscovered that have good options? 

Few options I have ran into

image.png.ce64c952ba984acaf895b1e07784054c.png

https://www.caycegolf.com/products/swing-thoughts-golf-head-cover

This headcover perfectly encapsulates my mind when playing golf

image.png.ed8be8451d44fa9d5b810e9889190087.png

https://www.daphnesheadcovers.com/products/tiger?variant=39699011305536

I don't have the game to rock up to a course with one of these

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

This is an obsession of mine! I love the look of a well styled bag, and am all for wasting money on making your bag look your own! Definitely do think some brands go over board on pricing though, feels like they are pricing out a huge portion of people who love golf.

Here’s a few favorite brands to snag or just “window shop” headcovers under $100:

Devereaux Golf

Random Golf Club

Jones Sports Co

Metalwood Studio

Sugarloaf Social Club

Sokim (got my wife a cool fluffy yellow driver cover)

Technically Golf

Sunfish Golf

Band B Golf

Etsy (Tasselhoff Golf, Auld Grey Toun, Austin Knitty Limits)

New Era (randomly has a cool hat headcover)

Reinland Golf Co

Palm Golf

Malbon (every now and then they won’t ask for your first born as payment)

Right now I currently have the Jones White Driver cover, Devereaux Snake Wood cover, Sunfish Knit Hybrid cover, Auld Grey Toun Knit cover, and the Bad Birdie Black Mallet Putter cover. All of which I can say are great quality!

IMG_3749.jpeg

IMG_3750.jpeg

IMG_3751.jpeg

IMG_3752.jpeg

IMG_3753.jpeg

IMG_3754.jpeg

Edited by wcgalley

Driver - PXG 0211 Gen4 | 3 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha B21 | 4 Hybrid - Wilson D9 | 7 Hybrid - Mizuno JPX 921 | 7iron-PW - Srixon ZX4 |  Takomo 52*, Vokey SM7 56* & 60* | Putter - Cleveland HB Soft Premier 11

Here is another small list of additional brands of covers:

Cayce Golf

ParWestGolf

Northcoast Golf Co

Hatch Golf

Guerrilla Golf

Sun Mountain C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: :callaway-small: Paradym - 10.5

Fairway: :cobra-small: Amp Cell, 3 and 5 Wood

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 Hot Metal - 5-SW

Putter: :cobra-small: Sport -45

Although they were hideously expensive, I always loved the barrel style fabric headcovers from Seamus. I loved the fairway wood models while preferring a funny animal puppet headcover (like Tiger's tiger) for the driver.

Their current web page, however, shows only a fraction of the models that they offered up until recently.  They must be winding down operations.

Nothing goes on or comes off slower and more awkwardly than an OEM included headcover.

in flux

1 hour ago, Fraschzilla said:

Here is another small list of additional brands of covers:

Cayce Golf

ParWestGolf

Northcoast Golf Co

Hatch Golf

Guerrilla Golf

Hatch had some really nice Top GUn ones but they all seem to be sold out.

Guerrilla had some funny ones. 

image.png.db944e4a7dfded2bc880b06aada139b7.png

5 hours ago, RetiredBoomer said:

Although they were hideously expensive, I always loved the barrel style fabric headcovers from Seamus. I loved the fairway wood models while preferring a funny animal puppet headcover (like Tiger's tiger) for the driver.

Their current web page, however, shows only a fraction of the models that they offered up until recently.  They must be winding down operations.

Nothing goes on or comes off slower and more awkwardly than an OEM included headcover.

Ya, not cheap....https://www.sunfishsales.com/ has a lot of similar stuff for way less

Two of mine I got off Amazon warehouse for 20 bucks a piece. One is a sloth and the other is a gopher. The other was one I found at a bin store and got it for 5 bucks. I’m not gonna pay full price for a head cover if I don’t have too. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

29 minutes ago, Wheelieb said:

Two of mine I got off Amazon warehouse for 20 bucks a piece. One is a sloth and the other is a gopher. The other was one I found at a bin store and got it for 5 bucks. I’m not gonna pay full price for a head cover if I don’t have too. 

Haha!  I love the sloth.  We call our son slothix in the morning because he is so slow to get moving.  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Haha, if he is moving it’s progress right?!? And the sloth was the first head cover I bought when I got a Wilson Cortex back in 2020. Realized I didn’t have any forgiveness with it and was first starting out, so I went and got “fit” at Edwin Watts in Florida. The guy looked at my clubhead speed and said I need something other than the sloth for the head cover. 

Ping Prime Tyne 4

Just now, Wheelieb said:

Haha, if he is moving it’s progress right?!? And the sloth was the first head cover I bought when I got a Wilson Cortex back in 2020. Realized I didn’t have any forgiveness with it and was first starting out, so I went and got “fit” at Edwin Watts in Florida. The guy looked at my clubhead speed and said I need something other than the sloth for the head cover. 

Ha, I mean if I was waiting on ice to melt during winter, the ice may win.  And we aren't even to the teen years yet.  Haha!  

I have in the past looked for some head overs I like and pretty much just find a lot of stuff that are kind of corny.. I sort of get tired of the generic head over that comes with a new club but never seem to find a suitable replacement that isn’t super corny or expensive 

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

47 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Ha, I mean if I was waiting on ice to melt during winter, the ice may win.  And we aren't even to the teen years yet.  Haha!  

You got me there. My god daughter did the same to her parents. Now that she’s a senior in high school, it’s a complete 180 from what she was.  Now she gets up, grabs food, out the door in 30-40 minutes. And she is a straight “A” student. 

Ping Prime Tyne 4

15 minutes ago, Wheelieb said:

You got me there. My god daughter did the same to her parents. Now that she’s a senior in high school, it’s a complete 180 from what she was.  Now she gets up, grabs food, out the door in 30-40 minutes. And she is a straight “A” student. 

That's awesome!  So you're saying there's hope. Haha. 

Highly Highly recommend Bestgrips.  Quality is amazing, has some cool "stock" covers but can custom make anything.  I did a full matching set of Transformers covers prob 5 years ago and they still look and feel great with zero quality issues.  I've since replaced/added a couple more fairway covers and they are also great.  Zach is the owner and a great guy.  All hand made in his shop in Texas.

Best thing is his stock and custom head covers are the same price.

https://bestgrips.com/

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Brian from family guy driver hardcover batteries need replacing though.

Srixon driver&metals

Taylormade irons

You name it wedges.

Ping answer2 putter

The original version of Iliac made some really nice leather head covers that I have had for over 10 years.  They are finally wearing out (the inside lining is falling apart) and I will likely replace them this year.  I have no experience with Iliac since the change in ownership but I may give them another try as the current versions look good.

Titleist C-16 irons and woods

JP Golf GW, PW and SW

Gene Nead Putter

It’s easy for me.

1) Dormie I’m from NS so bias on this one

2) Seamus

3) Pioneer Golf in Canada

4) Some of Greyson’s covers are sweet.

5) Fore ewe. I have a custom one and a Buck Club one

Driver: Mizuno Stz

Fairway: Titliest 9115 3 Wood

Irons: Callaway Legacy Black 4-PW

Wedges: Vokeys

Putter: Phantom 5.5

Ball: ProV 

Proud of my head covers . Go Canada for sure My most special one is made by Dormie Workshop. I won this at a member event it’s our 100th. Anniversary . We hosted the General Brock open for many years back in 1935-1937  Names like Byron Nelson, Walter Hagen, Ben Hogan Jimmy DeMerrit and many more

IMG_8563.jpeg

Golf A Game For A Lifetime

I use to but realized you can only use one at a time.  Being I am a Titleist guys I usually order their headcovers from their online special headcovers.  I their pom pom and a Team Titleist (which is one of my favorite's) which I won at one of the events at Pinehurst.  I support the course I play at the most and am on their interclub golf team.  Charleston Municipal Golf Course, (#19 rated muni, by Golf.com in the U.S.), and a ProAm Jam R/W/B (an event that I volunteer for in Mt Pleasant since it began).  Denny Hamlin [NASCAR #11] and Mark Bryant [lead guitarist of Hootie and the Blowfish] are the celebrity main sponsors.  A worthy cause and get to meet a lot of great people.  We are moving from Daniel Club Club to Bulls Bay this year.  Other driver headcovers are Titleist stock.  Outside those headcovers, I might pick up hybrid headcovers; The Masters, The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island, and Folds of and Honor.  Only if they have a special meaning.  Like I said, I use to.  Would buy cutsies but finally passed them on to others to enjoy.  At 77 guess I outgrew them.  Hakuna Matata.  We do what makes us the happiest, won't change out scores.  ha..ha..   

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S, 58.08M 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

Posted (edited)

My wife found this headcover somewhere for Father’s Day a couple years ago, and honestly of all of them I own, this is the one that gets the most reaction. People absolutely love this thing!

And yes, I use iron head covers…. I can’t stand the sound of clubs smacking around, and I like to keep my stuff clean.

IMG_1034.jpeg

Edited by BuddaBlades

In the bag:

Driver: Titleist TS3 - Mitsubishi Tensei Orange Pro 7x

Fairways/Hybrids: Sub70 939x 3H & 4H w/ Pro Force V2 X 

Irons: Sub70 639 CB 4i-6i, 639 MB 7i-PW - Modus Tour 120S

Wedges: Sub70 Wedges - 52*, 56* 60*

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Black - 34.5" 3* flat

15 hours ago, Hugemidget said:

Etsy seems to have some nice ones too

I had been buying some black barrel style from Semus and they would change the liner for a red color.  But last time I tried to order a replacement they said I needed to buy at least a set of 4 to get the custom (mind you, in the past I've bought 5 of the same cover and at least 2 replacements, for lost or extra covers).

I Just found a lady on Etsy that basically makes the same thing with a red liner that I want and her prices are much better.  And she was great to deal with and fast deliver.

I find that working with the smaller people on Etsy is a lot easier to do business with.

Woods:  :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Max LS 9*,  :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6S / :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+, 15* (set to 17*), Stealth 2, 22*, both w/MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 X Proto 4H, Xcaliber RTI75 S  

Irons: :Takomo: IRON 101 5-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX ZipCore 48*, Accra T90i, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: LAB Golf EF3, Accra graphite, 34", Press II 3*

Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: :callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 Stand Bag / :Clicgear: 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2, Swivel kit
Accessories: :Arccos: 360 /  Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized 

image.png

SWAG is AWESOME but $$$!!!! What are some of the inexpensive options you guys have found? Has anyone gotten the (pardon me) Temu options?

Steven Senft
- A dad who likes to golf -

WITB: Mizuno STX 10.5 degree
AeroBurner MiniDriver 
Wilson Hybrid 
TaylorMade M5 4 iron
Taylormade M4 5-PW
Lazrus Wedges 52-56-60
Meridian Okatie
Bridgestone XS - Callaway Triple Track - Callaway Super Soft

My 5 wood and 3 wood covers are the baseball mitt ones with skulls on them.  From the time I was 3 to 5 I wanted to be a pirate when I grew up, lol.  So the skull and crossbones are appropriate.  These are from Robert Mark Golf.

skullcovers.jpg.c5f717e2bc409c19970c7345314cc5c4.jpg

My driver cover is years old, from when I played poker everyday.  Was rated 99.99% on official poker rankings back then.  Poker was my life so headcover is also appropriate.  Just can't seem to want to replace this one.  I cannot remember where I got this... ebay maybe.  from like 2007.

pokerdog.jpg.5d5df2b3eada944ef2cf8a37ec482cb9.jpg

pd2.jpg.fcf9e5dfc0bd24c0e1738058b67ad14d.jpg

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

I met Jeremy Koons via The Golfers Journal, and he made me a completely custom headcover, a custom valuables pouch for my friend's ace/hole-out at Shorty's, and a completely amazing scorecard holder with specific details I asked for - my favorite holder ever. The quality and attention to detail is off the charts. I also have the privilege to call him a friend and have golfed with him a number of times at this point, including at Bandon Dunes two winters ago, and most recently this week we walked 90 holes at Grizzly Ranch in Portola, CA as part of an "All Day Rate" challenge we threw at ourselves to walk 90 holes, over 14 hours, 33 miles, and play every tee box for a 5x18 hole day. I cannot recommend his work highly enough. Here is where you can find him on Instagram and he will do anything for you custom - including scorecard holders which I also helped prototype and test. https://www.instagram.com/jk_headcovers/

If nothing else, enjoy the work he's done ranging from taking an Army veterans fatigues and turning it into a 3-piece hedcover set, pouch and more - something quite valuable to someone emotionally with great care and attention to detail. The outdoor brand jackets/shells/puffy's and vinyl purses are just hilarious. I think his swim trunk cover with the waist ties is another favorite. Super clever.Screenshot2024-05-17at12_31_54PM.png.5613266ad0ab1ea39c0ff8502238119d.pngScreenshot2024-05-17at12_31_10PM.png.85932292d79c5e88e61531fb01b741bd.pngScreenshot2024-05-17at12_29_08PM.png.ae032b8c17f7173890ebe8a33d50e8e0.pngScreenshot2024-05-17at12_28_45PM.png.18459217a00ff65a3e3c6961687cac0d.pngScreenshot2024-05-17at12_29_38PM.png.e8333d75f3ebbb83af14159e69c12080.pngScreenshot2024-05-17at12_30_19PM.png.563267e7f8c7dd2dc6cb3dbc1afe2066.pngScreenshot2024-05-17at12_30_24PM.png.348c7b2541ad34b92db93f62c77e85aa.pngScreenshot2024-05-17at12_30_39PM.png.d2d4081abd66df6e2a97b8faaaba8c8e.pngScreenshot2024-05-17at12_31_00PM.png.406fe79e7e82cf106baa3b98c0396093.pngScreenshot2024-05-17at12_41_15PM.png.1437243c51e08d1a8e73411259afc2d1.pngScreenshot2024-05-17at12_41_18PM.png.cae7a85b553d2d209f8ba030affa2118.png

Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 12.30.24 PM.png