My Tournament Season: 2024

Great stuff Jamie.  Looks like a beautiful course. I’m hoping to play more tournaments this year too but I’m more looking at 4-man ones over singles. Just because I got away from playing with my buddies over the last few years and really wanna get back to doing it. 

Good Luck

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Thanks for sharing!!!  It's the first one, and im sure you will net better results moving forward!

How many of these will have the same players?

Will you be playing normal rounds Between tournaments?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

My goal this year is to play in 1-2 tournaments per month. We have a great system here with open tournaments all around at a variety of courses. They are pretty relaxed and in general I just really enjoy playing in them. Meet new people, play some courses I have never played before and hopefully play okay. 

My first tournament this season was last Friday. I played a course called Heidental - https://www.golf.ch/de/golfplatz/golfclub-heidental

image.png

I have never played here and in truth was kinda hoping I had someone in my group that had been a member or something. That was not the case. We had 3 in our group and all had never played there before. I had done a bit of a course overview and had an idea of what it was like, but nothing concrete. So I showed up about an hour early, it was cold and there was some rain, but it was due to clear off around tee time. I have never had as good of a range session as I did that morning. No driver because the range was too short, but irons and wedges were so good. So so good. It made me really excited. Putting practice was solid and off to the first tee. 

image.png

Hole 1

image.png

We played the forward tees (remember this is in meters as well) So a not too long par 5. A nervy tee shot was absolutely perfect little pull fade into the center of the fairway. Left me 170 m or so out from the green and pulled a 6 iron pin high right, not in any real trouble but tough to get close to the pin. The greens had a lot of slopes making this course challenging, but also a lot of fun. I should note this is also stableford not stroke play scoring. 

I made a decent chip, safe, onto the green and made a simple 2 putt par. Nothing fancy, but a good opening and a hole I feel I could take real advantage of in the future. 

Hole 2

image.png

A par 3 that is deceptively uphill. A 7 iron pulled put me into the bunker and with the rain I didn't know if the sand was firm and shallow of firm and deep. I got out of the bunker, but nowhere near the pin and made another 2 putt. Mark the first bogey on the card, but not a bad bogey. Next time around I would know about the bunker and could plan accordingly. 

Hole 3

image.png

The slope on this fairway is very deceptive as it banks hard from right to left. WIth OB right it is a bit scary and all the rough is an instant lost ball. My drive was a heely low ball that missed the bunker, but left me blocked to the green. I managed a 7 iron to a decent spot before hitting a terrible chip to the green meaning I had to make a decent up and down for bogey. Not the worse, but seemed like a missed opportunity on a getable hole. The greens had been airrated, but still rolled decent. 

2 over through 3 holes, but didn't feel bad about it. Just felt like I was missing opportunities that could be resolved. 

Hole 4

image.png

This is where I started to fall in love with this course. An elevated tee shot on a perfect condition drivable par 4. Death on the right and not a ton of room on the left meant a good tee shot was a must. I managed to hit a great drive right down the middle and was left with 60 meters to the flag. An aggressive chip left me a downhill slippery putt that I just missed and walked away with  another par. 

Hole 5

image.png

I have played some cool holes in my day, but this one is definitely up there. From our tees a tee shot longer than 200 meters was esesntially done. To clear the OB area means a carry of 300m. I don't have that. Not to mention all OB right and trees and slope left in a 30 yard wide fairway meant this was tough! I laced a 5 iron down the middle which then left a blind second shot to the next part of the fairway. 

PXL_20240503_102456456.jpg

This is the view from the edge of the top fairway. 

I hit another perfect shot with a 3 wood that left me 90 meters out. I was short of the water and left of those bunkers. My approach was short of the green with a front pin, but nothing I was concerned about as I made a good up and down for another par. 

Hole 6

image.png

I was excited for this hole. An uphill short four that I thought would be a good opportunity to make a score. I quick swing led to a less than ideal drive, but still had about 90 out. I saw a back stop on the green so took a little extra club and continued to thin it over the green short siding myself. The lie was good though and I got too cute and didn't make the green. A chip on and two putt meant a double. Gross!

Hole 7

image.png

This hole is at the top of the whole course. Trouble left and right it needs a good drive, which I had! Unfortunately I chunked my apporach and while I made a great second apporach I couldn' t make the putt so another double. At this point I didn't feel like the round was that bad, even though it was. Just stupid small mistakes leading to bad scores. And I loved the layout and the holes themselves. So much variety and creativity around the greens with mounds and more made it a joy playing despite the crummy score. 

Hole 8

image.png

From high high above this Par 3 was daunting. The wind had picked up and was coming hard right to left. I setup at the bunker with a front pin thinking if it hits the bunker okay, fades back to the green perfect. I even took an extra club the start line was left and I ended up just short and wet. This felt bad and was really disappointing. I made a double here and moved onto hole 9. 

Hole 9
image.png

Another shorter par 4, but one that had high high grass all on the left side and a steep slope on the right meaning fairway was critical. I had a solid drive that found the short grass and finally stuck a good approach. Unfortunately the putt lipped out and had a par to show for it. 

Hole 10

image.png

A weird thing to me they do in these tournaments is an after 9 snack/mini lunch. Its great to getting energy back into the system but terrible for resetting a round and getting going again. Hole 10 was a true disaster and I ended up picking up. I hit my first drive left into the long tall grass and my second a snap hook into another fairway right. The next show over the trees to the green went again into the tall grass. Done. Hindsight this is not a driver hole at all, any time, ever. At least now I know for next time?

Hole 11

image.png

The lone par 3 on the back plays long and feels longer. This was the closest to the pin hole and the pin was tucked back left behind a big mound. I dont really have a 200 into wind club, so a 7 wood was my club of choice that left me just short in line with the pin infront of the bunker. I hit a great high chip and had a 12 or so foot putt for par which I drained. Maybe now things were turning around?

Once again hindsight I could have used the slope on the right side of the green to get closer to the flag. 

Hole 12 

image.png

The shorter 4s continue, but this one was just terrifying to look at. The whole left side is OB and right is no go with the fairway sloping left to right encouraging a shot going into the bank toward the OB. No driver here, but a 3 wood laced up the left side and ended up about 105 m to the flag. With the wind in I took a PW flighted and stuck it 2 feet to the pin for my first birdie of the day. 

Love this hole and the terrifying nature it has. 

Hole 13

image.png

While not the hardest rated i would put this as the hardest hole on the course. It is long and the visuals are tricky. It is open and then narrows near the landing zone with trees with a well protected green that has a ton of slope. I hit a good driver and just okay second shot that was short of the green from 180 m out. My chip was disappointing because I left it short and didn't catch the slope meaning a two putt was going to be a challenge. I ran the first putt by and had a 8 foot comebacker which I thankfully rammed into the flag and dropped for a bogey. 

Hole 14 

image.png

A potentially driveable par 4 on the right day, but has water all in front which would require a good carry. With the wind in on this hole I took 7 wood and had 90 m or so in for my second just in the first cut. I went long and made a great lag putt for speed, but the read was wrong and had a tricky short putt that lipped out for a truly bad bogey. 

Hold 15

image.png

The last putt stuck with me on this hole. I hit a half hearted drive that went OB left (in fairness there was OB all right as well) and the re-tee was much better and the next shot was a 3 wood up closer to the green. Still ended up being a double due to the penalty though. Again annoying. 

Hole 16

image.png

See the OB left and being burned on the last hole and a few others with leaky drives left I made an adjustment which kindly found the right rough under some trees. Great right? The approach ended up in the bunker and an up and down 2 putt meant another bogey was on the card. 

Hole 17

image.png

At this point I think I had just lost focus and really drive. I hit the shot I wanted but start line was left and guess what another OB balls. Just unacceptable. Second shot was exactly what I wanted to do on the first with a high cut. A sloppy approach into a front bunker gave me a tricky shot out, but managed to make a nice up and down for another double. 

Hole 18 

image.png

Finally the last hole. An elevated tee shot with tricky distances as far as perception to pick a start line. I was in a good spot, but left of the fairway. My approach was pin high but again in a bad spot due to being right side rough with an awkward lie and chip. A final two putt meant a final bogey. 

So after all of this what did I learn?

Well I love this course. Really I do, I can't wait to go back and play it again. Despite my crappy score I am eager to go back and play again. 

My number 1 takeaway is a I need a better routine for each shot. I need to find one and stick to it as I often start with that and let it fade as the round goes. 

Number 2 is better approach shots. I just need to be more consistent and figure out my flights. I get burned so much on par 3s and what should be simple approach shots with crappy strikes.

Number 3 is stop being dumb off the tee. Take 3 wood more often as it is a reliable club and maybe look at a more forgiving head that has a slightly more predictable flight. 

So that is round 1 on the season. Next tournament is two weeks off and lets see how much better I can do. My handicap went up a full stroke after this round which is not trending in the direction I want it to be!

@GolfSpy_APH That's awesome, we have a Pittsburgh golf tour near me and I try to play a couple events a year, normally on courses I never have played. Good luck and bring home some hardware!!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

4 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Thanks for sharing!!!  It's the first one, and im sure you will net better results moving forward!

How many of these will have the same players?

Will you be playing normal rounds Between tournaments?

First one at a new course so the expectations were minimal, but still. I know I can shoot a good 10 shots better. 

I am not sure, there are tournaments every week and weekend all of Switzerland so not too certain if I will see the same ppl again or not?

Of course. I usually play 2-3 times a week. However always at my home course (can't afford to play outside rounds)

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Beautiful looking course!  

One of my goals this year is to play in some tournaments as well. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

My goal this year is to play in 1-2 tournaments per month. We have a great system here with open tournaments all around at a variety of courses. They are pretty relaxed and in general I just really enjoy playing in them. Meet new people, play some courses I have never played before and hopefully play okay. 

My first tournament this season was last Friday. I played a course called Heidental - https://www.golf.ch/de/golfplatz/golfclub-heidental

image.png

I have never played here and in truth was kinda hoping I had someone in my group that had been a member or something. That was not the case. We had 3 in our group and all had never played there before. I had done a bit of a course overview and had an idea of what it was like, but nothing concrete. So I showed up about an hour early, it was cold and there was some rain, but it was due to clear off around tee time. I have never had as good of a range session as I did that morning. No driver because the range was too short, but irons and wedges were so good. So so good. It made me really excited. Putting practice was solid and off to the first tee. 

image.png

Hole 1

image.png

We played the forward tees (remember this is in meters as well) So a not too long par 5. A nervy tee shot was absolutely perfect little pull fade into the center of the fairway. Left me 170 m or so out from the green and pulled a 6 iron pin high right, not in any real trouble but tough to get close to the pin. The greens had a lot of slopes making this course challenging, but also a lot of fun. I should note this is also stableford not stroke play scoring. 

I made a decent chip, safe, onto the green and made a simple 2 putt par. Nothing fancy, but a good opening and a hole I feel I could take real advantage of in the future. 

Hole 2

image.png

A par 3 that is deceptively uphill. A 7 iron pulled put me into the bunker and with the rain I didn't know if the sand was firm and shallow of firm and deep. I got out of the bunker, but nowhere near the pin and made another 2 putt. Mark the first bogey on the card, but not a bad bogey. Next time around I would know about the bunker and could plan accordingly. 

Hole 3

image.png

The slope on this fairway is very deceptive as it banks hard from right to left. WIth OB right it is a bit scary and all the rough is an instant lost ball. My drive was a heely low ball that missed the bunker, but left me blocked to the green. I managed a 7 iron to a decent spot before hitting a terrible chip to the green meaning I had to make a decent up and down for bogey. Not the worse, but seemed like a missed opportunity on a getable hole. The greens had been airrated, but still rolled decent. 

2 over through 3 holes, but didn't feel bad about it. Just felt like I was missing opportunities that could be resolved. 

Hole 4

image.png

This is where I started to fall in love with this course. An elevated tee shot on a perfect condition drivable par 4. Death on the right and not a ton of room on the left meant a good tee shot was a must. I managed to hit a great drive right down the middle and was left with 60 meters to the flag. An aggressive chip left me a downhill slippery putt that I just missed and walked away with  another par. 

Hole 5

image.png

I have played some cool holes in my day, but this one is definitely up there. From our tees a tee shot longer than 200 meters was esesntially done. To clear the OB area means a carry of 300m. I don't have that. Not to mention all OB right and trees and slope left in a 30 yard wide fairway meant this was tough! I laced a 5 iron down the middle which then left a blind second shot to the next part of the fairway. 

I hit another perfect shot with a 3 wood that left me 90 meters out. I was short of the water and left of those bunkers. My approach was short of the green with a front pin, but nothing I was concerned about as I made a good up and down for another par. 

Hole 6

image.png

I was excited for this hole. An uphill short four that I thought would be a good opportunity to make a score. I quick swing led to a less than ideal drive, but still had about 90 out. I saw a back stop on the green so took a little extra club and continued to thin it over the green short siding myself. The lie was good though and I got too cute and didn't make the green. A chip on and two putt meant a double. Gross!

Hole 7

image.png

This hole is at the top of the whole course. Trouble left and right it needs a good drive, which I had! Unfortunately I chunked my apporach and while I made a great second apporach I couldn' t make the putt so another double. At this point I didn't feel like the round was that bad, even though it was. Just stupid small mistakes leading to bad scores. And I loved the layout and the holes themselves. So much variety and creativity around the greens with mounds and more made it a joy playing despite the crummy score. 

Hole 8

image.png

From high high above this Par 3 was daunting. The wind had picked up and was coming hard right to left. I setup at the bunker with a front pin thinking if it hits the bunker okay, fades back to the green perfect. I even took an extra club the start line was left and I ended up just short and wet. This felt bad and was really disappointing. I made a double here and moved onto hole 9. 

Hole 9
image.png

Another shorter par 4, but one that had high high grass all on the left side and a steep slope on the right meaning fairway was critical. I had a solid drive that found the short grass and finally stuck a good approach. Unfortunately the putt lipped out and had a par to show for it. 

Hole 10

image.png

A weird thing to me they do in these tournaments is an after 9 snack/mini lunch. Its great to getting energy back into the system but terrible for resetting a round and getting going again. Hole 10 was a true disaster and I ended up picking up. I hit my first drive left into the long tall grass and my second a snap hook into another fairway right. The next show over the trees to the green went again into the tall grass. Done. Hindsight this is not a driver hole at all, any time, ever. At least now I know for next time?

Hole 11

image.png

The lone par 3 on the back plays long and feels longer. This was the closest to the pin hole and the pin was tucked back left behind a big mound. I dont really have a 200 into wind club, so a 7 wood was my club of choice that left me just short in line with the pin infront of the bunker. I hit a great high chip and had a 12 or so foot putt for par which I drained. Maybe now things were turning around?

Once again hindsight I could have used the slope on the right side of the green to get closer to the flag. 

Hole 12 

image.png

The shorter 4s continue, but this one was just terrifying to look at. The whole left side is OB and right is no go with the fairway sloping left to right encouraging a shot going into the bank toward the OB. No driver here, but a 3 wood laced up the left side and ended up about 105 m to the flag. With the wind in I took a PW flighted and stuck it 2 feet to the pin for my first birdie of the day. 

Hole 13

image.png

While not the hardest rated i would put this as the hardest hole on the course. It is long and the visuals are tricky. It is open and then narrows near the landing zone with trees with a well protected green that has a ton of slope. I hit a good driver and just okay second shot that was short of the green from 180 m out. My chip was disappointing because I left it short and didn't catch the slope meaning a two putt was going to be a challenge. I ran the first putt by and had a 8 foot comebacker which I thankfully rammed into the flag and dropped for a bogey. 

Hole 14 

image.png

A potentially driveable par 4 on the right day, but has water all in front which would require a good carry. With the wind in on this hole I took 7 wood and had 90 m or so in for my second just in the first cut. I went long and made a great lag putt for speed, but the read was wrong and had a tricky short putt that lipped out for a truly bad bogey. 

Hold 15

image.png

The last putt stuck with me on this hole. I hit a half hearted drive that went OB left (in fairness there was OB all right as well) and the re-tee was much better and the next shot was a 3 wood up closer to the green. Still ended up being a double due to the penalty though. Again annoying. 

Hole 16

image.png

See the OB left and being burned on the last hole and a few others with leaky drives left I made an adjustment which kindly found the right rough under some trees. Great right? The approach ended up in the bunker and an up and down 2 putt meant another bogey was on the card. 

Hole 17

image.png

At this point I think I had just lost focus and really drive. I hit the shot I wanted but start line was left and guess what another OB balls. Just unacceptable. Second shot was exactly what I wanted to do on the first with a high cut. A sloppy approach into a front bunker gave me a tricky shot out, but managed to make a nice up and down for another double. 

Hole 18 

image.png

Finally the last hole. An elevated tee shot with tricky distances as far as perception to pick a start line. I was in a good spot, but left of the fairway. My approach was pin high but again in a bad spot due to being right side rough with an awkward lie and chip. A final two putt meant a final bogey. 

Well I love this course. Really I do, I can't wait to go back and play it again. Despite my crappy score I am eager to go back and play again. 

My number 1 takeaway is a I need a better routine for each shot. I need to find one and stick to it as I often start with that and let it fade as the round goes. 

Number 2 is better approach shots. I just need to be more consistent and figure out my flights. I get burned so much on par 3s and what should be simple approach shots with crappy strikes.

Number 3 is stop being dumb off the tee. Take 3 wood more often as it is a reliable club and maybe look at a more forgiving head that has a slightly more predictable flight. 

So that is round 1 on the season. Next tournament is two weeks off and lets see how much better I can do. My handicap went up a full stroke after this round which is not trending in the direction I want it to be!

wow bud, you really made me feel like I was playing right there with you, thanks for that, took me a couple of holes to remember you are a lefty lol.

A couple of tips from a seasoned tournament player, great post tournament critique by the way but because you have been around professional athletes quite a bit I am sure you have learned some tricks, anyway...

Number 1...my sports psychologist and I came up with a plan called "concurrent critique" so when I go to a tournament with a "swing thought" or "thought" ie, "smooth" or "tempo" or whatever, after 6 holes so on the 7th tee box and the 13th tee box I do a concurrent critique, it refocuses me on my original plan and helps me stay "present".

Number 2-In tournament play par is your friend, so aim for the middle of the green, chances are you will get more pars.

Number 3-seque back to number 1, that may be your concurrent critique for the day although if I was caddying for you I would never let you say that to yourself, if driving is an area of opportunity, after a beer with your buddies or whatever go to the range and work on the tee shots, you will get it figured out...

Thanks for the post and good luck going forward on your events, tournament golf is fun (I think) lol...

committed to performance excellence

Posted (edited)

Right now I'm set for four tournaments, all on my Scottish trip in July (local tournaments near the Casa tend to exclude people with 'caps north of 12 or non-members):

Grant/Murray Cup (seniors), July 6, Royal Dornoch championship course (stroke play).

MacLeod 7 Club, July 7, Royal Dornoch Struie course (Stableford)

Gentlemen's Wednesday Sweep, July 10, Fortrose & Rosemarkie Golf Club (Stableford)

Macrae Open, July 13, Brora Golf Club (Stableford; both men and women entered)

Might add a fifth in Scotland, a seniors Stableford event at Golspie Golf Club on July 8.

I literally haven't played in a tournament in 20+ years, thanks to tournament cancellation at Dornoch last October, but boy am I about to fix that. And I'll certainly be more than familiar with Stableford by the time I go home.

Also will plan to post some tournament roundups, although probably not with this level of detail.

Edited by ILMgolfnut

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

image.png

Hole 1

image.png

Hole 2

image.png

Hole 3

image.png

Hole 4

image.png

Hole 5

image.png

Hole 6

image.png

Hole 7

image.png

Hole 8

image.png

Hole 9
image.png

Hole 10

image.png

Hole 11

image.png

Hole 12 

image.png

Hole 13

image.png

Hole 14 

image.png

Hold 15

image.png

Hole 16

image.png

Hole 17

image.png

Hole 18 

image.png

That was a great review to get in the mind of another golfer.. Would ask myself where my emotions would be after each hole and u pretty much let us know where yours were.. It's an unforgiving game, even for the more talented players

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

Looks like a gorgeous course @GolfSpy_APH!

Playing with someone who knows the course is not always helpful…first time playing a course asked a guy (he was a member) a good place to be for a blind tee shot.  He said, hit that lone tree out there.

Ball started right at the tree and was a straight shot, as soon as it left the club gave he says “that could be trouble!”  Seriously!!!

Get up there, and sure enough it was trouble…right in line with the tree was a nice hazard to greet my ball.  Ideal line was much right of where he told me…

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Just now, TJ Hall said:

Playing with someone who knows the course is not always helpful…first time playing a course asked a guy (he was a member) a good place to be for a blind tee shot.  He said, hit that lone tree out there.

Ball started right at the tree and was a straight shot, as soon as it left the club gave he says “that could be trouble!”  Seriously!!!

Get up there, and sure enough it was trouble…right in line with the tree was a nice hazard to greet my ball.  Ideal line was much right of where he told me…

Yikes - I do take comfort knowing or at least believing next time around I would shoot am easy 10 shots better.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

13 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Sounds like he's one of those guys who knows if he aims at something, his normal slice will take his ball to the right (been there, done that). But if he ever hits it straight...

Obsessed with chasing the dimpled orb.

More about me:  WITB type stuff

Fit For Golf tester 2024

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

image.png

image.png

Hole 1

image.png

Hole 2

image.png

Hole 3

image.png

Hole 4

image.png

Hole 5

image.png

Hole 6

image.png

Hole 7

image.png

Hole 8

image.png

Hole 9
image.png

Hole 10

image.png

Hole 11

image.png

Hole 12 

image.png

Hole 13

image.png

Hole 14 

image.png

Hold 15

image.png

Hole 16

image.png

Hole 17

image.png

Hole 18 

image.png

Congrats! No matter the results, tournament golf is exciting. I'm hoping to play in a few tournaments this year. First time since college golf 11 years ago! At the very least, I'm playing the state Mid-Am. I might do some local TGA events too but they are pretty expensive and I'm not sure how I'll fare. I wanted to try local US open qualifying but missed the deadline by the time I looked into it. Maybe next year!

1. QI10 9* degree
  2. TSR 2+ 3 wood
  3. Stealth+ hybrid
  4. Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW
  5. Vokey SM8 wedges 50*, 54*, 59*
  6. Spider FCG

Awesome, great write up of the round! Some of those OB holes look pretty tight from the tee. But it does indeed look like a really neat course. 

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

No driver because the range was too short, but irons and wedges were so good. So so good. It made me really excited.

As soon as I read this I was thinking uh oh, I think I know where this is going 🙂 But you have some great holes to remember like the scary one where you nailed a drive and approach for birdie  

I feel like I have a bad time with approaches and par 3s. I did yesterday anyway. Sometimes I think I could be better off hitting half swing lower punch shots, old school - to get it more online and with consistently good contact. I can punch it online between trees pretty well. It’s something I need to figure out. Shorter swing maybe. I did have a really good 6 iron into a par 5 that ended up on the fringe, middle depth of the green, while the pin was in back. The short irons need to be better. 

Driver: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png G400 LST 8.5°

3W: cobra2.png.60653951979ca617ca859530a17d0a2d.png King Speedzone

Irons: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png i200 (3 thru PW & UW)

Wedge: Ray Cook 60 deg

Putter: Spalding TP Mills 3

Tech: golfshot.png.5c17c64b9425413b3bf24668ce3fa044.png on Apple Watch & phone

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Well a quick update - despite the poor showing apparently the conditions and more were tough enough that everyone in my flight had a worse off day meaning I won either the gross or the net (notice just said I had qualified) or tied for a top 2 spot on the day! This means i earned a spot into the Super Finals in October with all the other winners for the season. 

This was a small goal but admittedly one I didn't think i would get. 

Just checked the score and looks like I had the second best score on the day, the top score was a 77 from a plus 1 handicap. I had an 88. A little crazy considering how it felt, but now I have somethign pretty exciting to look forward to and work towards!

Well done Jamie! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Driver:callaway-small: Rogue ST MAX LS Driver

3 Hybrid:callaway-small:APEX'21 3H

5 Wood : :callaway-small:Rogue ST MAX LS

Irons:callaway-small: APEX'21  5-PW Irons

Wedges:callaway-small: JAWS 56 

Putter :  :odyssey-small:2-ball 

Balls:callaway-small:Callaway Chrome Soft OR :srixon-small: Marathon (depending on course and weather)

Shoes : :footjoy-small: Fuel 

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Well a quick update - despite the poor showing apparently the conditions and more were tough enough that everyone in my flight had a worse off day meaning I won either the gross or the net (notice just said I had qualified) or tied for a top 2 spot on the day! This means i earned a spot into the Super Finals in October with all the other winners for the season. 

Just checked the score and looks like I had the second best score on the day, the top score was a 77 from a plus 1 handicap. I had an 88. A little crazy considering how it felt, but now I have somethign pretty exciting to look forward to and work towards!

Congrats! That's exciting and now you have all season to improve. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Next tournament is Oberkirch May 18 - A tough but really fun course. If driver is on I know that breaking 80 or even mid to low 70's is on the cards. It is a high risk and high reward course that is easily one of my favorites. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

17 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

sometimes tournaments are like that, way to go... always good to grind it out just in case... congratulations...

committed to performance excellence

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Wow that's awesome! Congrats! 🔥🔥🔥

I kinda forgot that it was Stableford so that meant I likely scored okay? 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I kinda forgot that it was Stableford so that meant I likely scored okay? 

Yeah I was wondering that. I've never played that, but I saw you said it was Stableford and that you picked up on the one bad hole. That's cool that can work across a big playing field and not just within a foursome or whatever.

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Awesome news @GolfSpy_APH…congratulations!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter