Grips vs. Glove Wear

I had an interesting discussion with a fellow player the other day about grips;  partly about how much brand name grips prices have risen this past year, and partly about preferences.  We also discussed the "knock-off" market and how well these have become at mimicking the real deal.

We both like Golf Pride and midsize align. I've been playing the tour velvet and he had recently switched from those to the MMC and Z-grip.  He said they feel a wee bit firmer than the tour velvet (makes sense) and was liking the improved grip-ability, especially during our higher humidity summer season.  But, he has noted much quicker glove wear, especially on the palm.  He thinks the z-grip is mostly responsible for this.  I'm curious to know what others are experiencing with grip choice and glove wear.  

With the costs of both grips and gloves heading further north, yet another consideration in the choice of products enters the decision making process.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)