PXG Black Ops Irons - 2024 Forum Review

Thanks for the feedback @Golfspy_CG2. You brought up some great points and I agree, I should have considered the call as part of the re-evaluation. I'm going to work some of your points into my main post and update my review post. I think I also need to work in some more context about myself as I update it. I was incredibly uncomfortable throughout the fitting. I was hitting well and felt like I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to perform. My heart rate hit 129 and I was probably averaging in the 120s throughout my fitting. That's equivalent to me running 2 miles at a 12 minute pace. The sweating from the heat in the bay, the uncomfortable feeling, and general pressure I put on myself probably altered how I felt the overall fitting went.

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS

3 Wood: :PXG: Gen 5 0311XF 

Hybrid: :PXG: Gen 5 0311 XF 22 degree

Irons: :PXG: 2022 XCOR2 0211 5-GW

Wedges: :taylormade-small: R Series 54° & 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small:

2023 Test: ⌚Garmin Approach S70 47mm

7 hours ago, FallenSaber said:

Thanks for the feedback @Golfspy_CG2. You brought up some great points and I agree, I should have considered the call as part of the re-evaluation. I'm going to work some of your points into my main post and update my review post. I think I also need to work in some more context about myself as I update it. I was incredibly uncomfortable throughout the fitting. I was hitting well and felt like I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to perform. My heart rate hit 129 and I was probably averaging in the 120s throughout my fitting. That's equivalent to me running 2 miles at a 12 minute pace. The sweating from the heat in the bay, the uncomfortable feeling, and general pressure I put on myself probably altered how I felt the overall fitting went.

Ur not alone.. Shanked a few myself from nerves.. Guess it was something new to us and the unknown always makes ur nerves act up

Edited by 3Putt4Double

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

Don't quote me on this @Golfspy_CG2 but I think the fitters got a commission off of us.. The thing that makes me think that is he took down all my info when placing the order for the clubs, my first responders discount and everything and it just seemed like a legit order was talking place on his end, but to be honest, my fitter was cheerful and helpful the whole time so who knows🤷

15 minutes ago, USMCSnyper said:

Today is the day, folks. We are on the FedEx truck for delivery....Unfortunately, I am leaving for a business trip today and won't be able to do the opening until Wednesday at the earliest.

Brutal.

I once bought a club and it arrived an hour after my in-laws.  I didn't open it for 3 days.  I died a little inside each night it went unopened...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Qi10 7w, 21, :Fuji: Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Accra TZ 95 stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, 60 T Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :EVNROLL: EV8

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

2 hours ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

Brutal.

I once bought a club and it arrived an hour after my in-laws.  I didn't open it for 3 days.  I died a little inside each night it went unopened...

yeah that's rough ...I can understand not opening it right away, but once everybody was in bed, how did you not go straight to it?

PXG stuff has shipped really quickly. I did a fitting this past fall and submitted my order right before Christmas. I was traveling for about 10 days and thought if I did this, it will take a couple days just to "receive" the order b/c the holiday and then the whole build process and shipping around the holidays, I should easily be home before the clubs arrive...

NOPE...

5 days later the clubs were leaving Arizona and I had to figure out how to get FedEx to hold the package or get a neighbor to help ..... was a stressful few days, but everything worked out in the end though

Love some good Breakfast Tacos and Biscuits

Driver: :PXG: 0311BlackOps     

Wood: :PXG: 0311 Gen 6, 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons: :PXG: 0311P Gen6,  4 iron - Gap Wedge

Wedges: :PXG: Sugar Daddy II, 52* and 56* 

Putter: :PXG: Battle Ready II, Bat Attack 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Technology: :Arccos: and :918457628_PrecisionPro:

2024 Caddy Daddy Claw Glove Test

Updated article with first pics of the box. Link to Article

image.png.702001ca19ba55f2a1ca32610c99752e.pngUSMC Veteran and Weekend Golfer

image.png.a88615aa1dc2ff3464a9f6eba8f8c357.pngCallaway Rogue ST Max 10.5, down to 9.5. VA Composites Baddazz 60S

Screenshot2024-04-26094356.png.e6729b84fbca4db480e886001e078fb6.pngCobra LTDX 3 and 5 woods (im10 60g R)

image.png.bcf13f4bf775adb3a56fd3df40d0ea0e.png Titleist T300; C Taper Lite 105R

image.png.f87968f7ac02b80c1d756215bf1d4f5c.png Cleveland Zipcore 54 and 58

image.png.3538cead307819c04e33f42f9a56c878.png Scotty Newport Special Select 2 33 inch

image.png

9 minutes ago, USMCSnyper said:

Updated article with first pics of the box. Link to Article

I like the selections and those KBS graphites look good with the club heads.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

8 hours ago, USMCSnyper said:

Today is the day, folks. We are on the FedEx truck for delivery....Unfortunately, I am leaving for a business trip today and won't be able to do the opening until Wednesday at the earliest.

@USMCSnyper

Sorry to hear about your business trip, but this has to be said  

image.gif.f78a8f527789b4917c6da71d0c50a2e7.gif

😂 At least you’ll have a nice present waiting for you at home!

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

10 hours ago, 3Putt4Double said:

Still waiting on a PXG email.. The wait kills me.. Hoping the xcor2's didn't call and cancel the order after I went to sleep last night

Tell me about it! I’m so jealous I can’t stand it!

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

7 hours ago, Coulter said:

Tell me about it! I’m so jealous I can’t stand it!

I'm not to jealous.. My 6i and 7i started acting right.. Was just hitting 180s bombs with the 6i.. She never did that in the past, which my fitter changed my swinging technique up and out helped a lot!

3 minutes ago, 3Putt4Double said:

I'm not to jealous.. My 6i and 7i started acting right.. Was just hitting 180s bombs with the 6i.. She never did that in the past, which my fitter changed my swinging technique up and out helped a lot!

So you’re telling me we get a free lesson too?! lol I’m too excited to get fit for these clubs next week!

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

3 minutes ago, Coulter said:

So you’re telling me we get a free lesson too?! lol I’m too excited to get fit for these clubs next week!

He could tell I was a little nervous and self taught.. He went above and beyond to help me and my game.. I'm always willing to listen to someone and it truly helped

On 8/12/2024 at 9:44 AM, Rico_de_Gallo said:

yeah that's rough ...I can understand not opening it right away, but once everybody was in bed, how did you not go straight to it?

PXG stuff has shipped really quickly. I did a fitting this past fall and submitted my order right before Christmas. I was traveling for about 10 days and thought if I did this, it will take a couple days just to "receive" the order b/c the holiday and then the whole build process and shipping around the holidays, I should easily be home before the clubs arrive...

NOPE...

5 days later the clubs were leaving Arizona and I had to figure out how to get FedEx to hold the package or get a neighbor to help ..... was a stressful few days, but everything worked out in the end though

PXG was incredibly fast. They told me 5 to 7 business days. I received it in 3 days!

@Josh Parker I think you got me beat but I did my best!

I game the 0211 and went to hit them and the gen 7s side by side with my 0211s. 

I almost sprang for the 7s but the cost was higher than I'm willing to spend. 

The black ops vs the 0211 xcor2s felt almost identical to me hitting junk range balls. I was getting 5 to 6 more yards with the BO and even the fotter remarked how it's a super hot face. He's got a cleaner swing than mine and was hitting the 7 iron 215. 

I should be golfing instead of talking smack on the web.

7 hours ago, FallenSaber said:

This was awesome!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

8 hours ago, FallenSaber said:

Holy sh!t, love it.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Qi10 7w, 21, :Fuji: Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Accra TZ 95 stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, 60 T Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :EVNROLL: EV8

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

10 hours ago, FallenSaber said:

I love this and the videos that @Josh Parker did. I have 0 (zero, zip nada) knowledge how to do those....so if there are any old guys who like to read and see still photography, my unboxing will be for you LOL

image.png.702001ca19ba55f2a1ca32610c99752e.pngUSMC Veteran and Weekend Golfer

image.png.a88615aa1dc2ff3464a9f6eba8f8c357.pngCallaway Rogue ST Max 10.5, down to 9.5. VA Composites Baddazz 60S

Screenshot2024-04-26094356.png.e6729b84fbca4db480e886001e078fb6.pngCobra LTDX 3 and 5 woods (im10 60g R)

image.png.bcf13f4bf775adb3a56fd3df40d0ea0e.png Titleist T300; C Taper Lite 105R

image.png.f87968f7ac02b80c1d756215bf1d4f5c.png Cleveland Zipcore 54 and 58

image.png.3538cead307819c04e33f42f9a56c878.png Scotty Newport Special Select 2 33 inch

image.png

12 hours ago, USMCSnyper said:

I love this and the videos that @Josh Parker did. I have 0 (zero, zip nada) knowledge how to do those....so if there are any old guys who like to read and see still photography, my unboxing will be for you LOL

@USMCSnyper love the old school stuff!! I haven't learned how to do this "modern" stuff yet either lol

Edited by 3Putt4Double

For anyone following, y'all might have noticed I haven't gotten my email saying clubs are built and shipped yet.. My fitter called my today to let me know they don't have the shaft we agreed on in +2 1/2" length.. He recommended the Nippon 105g shaft (I think, I had just woken up lol) and after a brief discussion, he had me convinced..I trust his judgement and I know he knows what he's doing! Hopefully I get that email soon!

2 minutes ago, 3Putt4Double said:

For anyone following, y'all might have noticed I haven't gotten my email saying clubs are built and shipped yet.. My fitter called my today to let me know they don't have the shaft we agreed on in +2 1/2" length.. He recommended the Nippon 105g shaft (I think, I had just woken up lol) and after a brief discussion, he had me convinced..I trust his judgement and I know he knows what he's doing! Hopefully I get that email soon!

Good luck @3Putt4Double!  Your clubs will arrive soon enough.  

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨