Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Suggestions for reviews

Matt Saternus

This one really caught my attention.

http://www.3baysgsa.com/

It's a golf swing analyzer that plugs into the back of your grip and connects to your smartphone to give you all the data.

In custom James Stewart golfbag:
Ping Tour-S Rustique 60/TS & 55/13 / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping i20 4-PW+UW / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping G15 2H 17° & driver 9° / stiff aldila serrano / ping 703
Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball / 33" / 2°up
Srixon AD333 - Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ G30

maybe a shootout between smartphone apps ... golfshot versus mobitee ... ?

In custom James Stewart golfbag:
Ping Tour-S Rustique 60/TS & 55/13 / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping i20 4-PW+UW / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping G15 2H 17° & driver 9° / stiff aldila serrano / ping 703
Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball / 33" / 2°up
Srixon AD333 - Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ G30

Real vs. Made For shaft. For example Nike VRS with Fubuki K. Is there a difference in performance? Maybe the made for shaft actually fits the clubhead better.

SKLZ Recoil 360. Maybe a bit too much for average golfers, but could be useful for a pro in his/her lessons.

I'll throw in the same request I had on a previous post.

http://www.ernestsports.com/es12/ and http://www.zelocity.com/golf/purecontact.shtml

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Just contacted 3Bays...and SKLZ...and both LM companies (Zelocity may have shut its door...phone is disconnected).

Furu: I love the idea of real vs. made for. We will turn it over a bit and think about how we might explore that topic.

Keep them coming!

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Seeing how I recently started a real vs. made for thread, I second that idea. It would be awesome to see head to head numbers.

Shafts I'd like to see reviewed: Miyazaki B.Asha, Miyazaki Dromos, Aldila NV Magnum, MRC KuroKage

Training aids (no idea what has or hasn't been reviewed already), SwingWing, Tour Angle 144

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

You get your hands on a Miyazaki send it my way and you'll see the most comprehensive shaft review MGS has ever done!

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Seeing how I recently started a real vs. made for thread, I second that idea. It would be awesome to see head to head numbers.

Shafts I'd like to see reviewed: Miyazaki B.Asha, Miyazaki Dromos, Aldila NV Magnum, MRC KuroKage

Training aids (no idea what has or hasn't been reviewed already), SwingWing, Tour Angle 144

The search function is your friend. Kuro Kage is in the books. I think it was published on the blog. Swing Wing reviews are floating around the forum somewhere.

I'll check into the Tour Angle 144, and I contacted Aldila recently, so hopefully that will be on the way.

As for Miyazaki...they're part of the Cleveland/Srixion group that doesn't like MGS too much. I have done some Miyazaki reviews in the past, and I absolutely love their "International Flex Code," but I don't know that you'll be seeing many more reviews of their stuff in the near future.

You get your hands on a Miyazaki send it my way and you'll see the most comprehensive shaft review MGS has ever done!

How? Do you have a robot? :rolleyes:

Aldila Phenom NL

UST Attas T3

Attas Elements

Crazy LE Full Boron

Tour AD LV

Tour AD BB

Diamana X series

NGS D Rev SEVE

Fujikura Rombax BangVoo

Quadra Techno Fire Express

Tour AD 9003

Oban Kiyoshi Black

Those are all I can think of ATM. And I'd be happy to participate in any testing you guys don't have time for. LOL

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

What shafts and training aids are out there that need to be reviewed?

Fujikura Fuel

Diamana S+ and D+ vs their old White/Blue's and the Kai'li/Ahina

UST ISO 9000 Iron shaft

Project X PXi

Matrix X3 (Xcon replacement)

The search function is your friend. Kuro Kage is in the books. I think it was published on the blog. Swing Wing reviews are floating around the forum somewhere.

A: Indeed. Plus if you want an unoffcial one, mine of the Black is kicking around here and one for the Silver on WRX, which I should move here as well.

B: Robot testing on shafts is useless. It amuses me that people keep bringing it up honestly. Until a robot learns how to c-o-c-k and unc-o-c-k a wrist join or has one built in, they cannot swing like a human and thus the data is not transferable from robot to real person.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I'll check into the Tour Angle 144, and I contacted Aldila recently, so hopefully that will be on the way.

As for Miyazaki...they're part of the Cleveland/Srixion group that doesn't like MGS too much. I have done some Miyazaki reviews in the past, and I absolutely love their "International Flex Code," but I don't know that you'll be seeing many more reviews of their stuff in the near future.

From what I've seen elsewhere the B.Asha will be so good they won't have to worry about a negative review :) I realize it probably won't happen but it would be sweet to see it happen. I'll never be able to hit it unless it comes stock in a Cleveland driver sometime or manage to get a spare $300 to buy one.

OK enough with the robot stuff lol. That would be completely unnecessary anyway if it isn't being directly compared to something else.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Well I was going to ask for a steel vs graphite iron shaft comparison.

Looking to see if there is any difference good or bad when you are comparing to the two in the same iron, with the same flex and approx. weight.

Please don't shoot me now, that I know they are the bane of your existence!

But it would be nice!

I read this article about Brandt Snedeker and his putting.

http://www.pgatour.com/2012/tournaments/r060/09/19/insider-snedeker-putting/index.html

It says he practices with a small laser device that attaches to his putter shaft. I don't know what device he uses, but I would be interested in seeing a review of a laser putting device (assuming you haven't done that already). Test it using a chalk line.

I normally don't like training aids... but I'll do anything to make a putt! :)

I know it isn't a shaft or TA but how about the Cobra Ferrari driver?

(slim) any chance of a PING review?

Matrix shafts? Radix, Xcon, M3??

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Aldila Phenom NL

UST Attas T3

Attas Elements

Crazy LE Full Boron

Tour AD LV

Tour AD BB

Diamana X series

NGS D Rev SEVE

Fujikura Rombax BangVoo

Quadra Techno Fire Express

Tour AD 9003

Oban Kiyoshi Black

Those are all I can think of ATM. And I'd be happy to participate in any testing you guys don't have time for. LOL

+1 for an Oban Kiyoshi comparison to the Tour AD lineup.

Yea, the "shoot out" will be a great event. I know this is wishfull thinking, because you resources have to be directed at the largest part of you base, however I'd like to see, say the "top" 3 or 4 muscle-backs reviewed.

Again, I know that this isn't really practical. It's my "pie in the sky."..lol

Fairways & Greens 4ever

The way I look at blades in terms of reviews is, it's really hard to do. When it all boils down to it, MP-69s, 712 MBs, TP MBs, Razr X MBs, etc... are all almost the same thing except for looks. One isn't really gonna produce "better" numbers assuming all have the right shaft. The way I see it someone looking to buy blades picks the ones that feel the best and have their favorite brand's name stamped on the back.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Has there ever been a review of the Polara Straight golf balls? I was talking to a friend this weekend who said he is just frustrated by the 5th hole and stops enjoying the game. Might be nice to review stuff that deals with this problem.

Not sure if anyone has contacted Polara. Could be a good Lab.

Not trying to be a jag, as all suggestions are appreciated, but if we could limit this thread to training aids and shafts, that would be helpful for me. Thanks.

Has there ever been a review on the Optishot?

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Thank you sir! Looks like my searchfu needs a bit of tuning. :blush:

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to say this would fall into the training aid category. I know you've done a few different indoor putting green reviews (BirdieBall, Provoto and Tour Links) but I would love to see an indoor putting green battle royal.

I'm guessing a lot comes down to budget, but what's the best bang for your buck in indoor greens? Would be perfect timing with winter fast approaching as well as the holidays (hard for the wife to say no as a christmas present).

Maybe even break it into a couple categories based on price and have a winner for each.

I'm going to say this would fall into the training aid category. I know you've done a few different indoor putting green reviews (BirdieBall, Provoto and Tour Links) but I would love to see an indoor putting green battle royal.

I'm guessing a lot comes down to budget, but what's the best bang for your buck in indoor greens? Would be perfect timing with winter fast approaching as well as the holidays (hard for the wife to say no as a christmas present).

Maybe even break it into a couple categories based on price and have a winner for each.

Could be tough to get pulled together by Christmas (the timing of getting stuff in for review would blow your mind), but we can certainly give it a shot.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm thinking Matt was kidding about the robot business - just a hunch. But if you needed someone who swings like a you know what - I'm your guy. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived