Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Mizuno golf balls

furu

The e5 is an excellent ball, as I'm sure the whole "e" series is(e6 & e7). My father was playin the B300-RX, after having played the Pro V1s. I won some e5s, and while their composition is different, the player profile is similar to the RX, so I gave him the balls.

Now my father's a 9 hdcp, who's probably gotta 92-95mph(he's 69yo) SS/ He's also one of those guys who thinks that he should be playin a premium ball, and though he would never admit it, it's ego, lol.

So anyway, he plays the e5s and I forgot about it, and about a month later, he comes up to me and asks me if I had any more(I didn't) and so he goes into the pro shop & buys a couple of dozen. Bottom line, he loves 'em. And he's savin $12-15 over the 300s and it would be more if he didn't buy em outa the pro shop, lol.

GG, if ya know, does the e5 line up against the NXT-Tour & Tour S?

Thanx

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

IMO, theyre better than the Titleists. I seem to always find NXTs on the course and have never found that they compare to the E5s in terms of feel or spin.

I honestly dont understand why people waste their money on the NXT when it performance like a $20 distance ball. I guess its that Titleist marketing, convincing people that the NXT is a poor man's ProV1. (although the NXT line isnt all that inexpensive)

Im actually considering switching to the B330RX but the E5s are so good that Im having my doubts.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not an accurate statement.

While short iron/wedge & the feel and performance SHOULD be the barometer for one's decision on what ball they're going to play, for many mid-high cappers, just like they pick a club for that "extra eight yards," so too do they pick balls that will give them that percieved distance advantage. Most do not use the same selection criteria as an LPGA player, you or I.

So, that being said, if you're going to pick a ball based on distance, SS has EVERYTHING to do with it. Granted, it helps if you're able to hit the ball somewhere center club, however my point is, if you're swing 90mph, and that's not a slow SS(It's supposedly the average amateur SS), ya might look at a more economical alternative. I'm sayin that at 90mph, I don't think that you're gonna see any difference between the RX & the e5 axcept that ya can buy two dozen of the latter for the price of the former, lol. If you're a 15-20+ hdcp, and I'm not crackin on em, I'm just saying that if "feel" is your main criteria, again, ya might look at the more economical choice, cuz at 15-20 hdcp ya ain't layin too many short irons/wedges stiff, and the only difference that you're gonna see between the e5 & the RXS is the former costs half as much as the latter, HaHa.

Just like I don't give swing advice and/or tips, I don't tell people how they should pick out a ball. If distance is his primary desire in a Tour ball, then as I said earlier, SS has a lot to do with it, lol, he's gotta buy a sleeve or two, play em, & see if he puts the RX appeciatively further than the e5. It's really rather simple.

I could be off, I mean seriously, it's happened, though not often & certainly not here, HaHa.

Have a good one

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Agree. Swing speed has a huge influence because if you arent compressing a ball properly you arent getting the most of out it. Thats one reason why I love the E5: it has a urethane cover that makes it spin really well but it still has a soft core that is easy to compress. Its really the best of both worlds.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Thanx GG. I figured that the e5s were a better ball, though as you said, the Titleist maarketing "machine" is a very poerful force, HaHa.

Have a good one

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Yeah, I mean I know people who absolutely love the NXT and you read a lot on golf forums about people who love them but Ive tried NXTs many times and just didnt feel the love.

For me, I could get the same performance with a $20 a dozen distance ball as I could with the NXT.

GG, what are your top three favorite balls, if ya have three?

The reason that I ask is that I've gotta good friend who was askin me about balls, and he's been a Pro V1 guy cuz, well, he's a Pro V1 guy, HaHa ;)

He's a 10 hdcp, hits it probably 230-235ish, and if he nails it, 250ish. He's a solid 10, with a low 90s SS if I hadda guess. Anyway, he won some e5s so he played 'em & he really likes 'em. So he sees that he doesn't have to pay $45+/dozen for a nice ball.

So he asked me last week what else is out there(TMaG, Cally, Nike, etc) besides Titleist(He wasn't impressed with the NXT Tour-S). He cares about short iron/wedge feel vs. distance. I'm not that familiar with what's out there, cuz I play what I play & I don't mess around with any other balls. He really likes the e5 and just wanted to know if there was anything out there in that market segment that was "better."

Hell, I have no idea.

Thanx much

Fairways & Greens 4ever

If he can get over the brand name.......Orlimar 318uc. Played just like my ProV1's.......for $28/dozen. I'm getting a dozen this spring to try out a little more.

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/7223-orlimar-releasing-premium-golf-balls/page__hl__orlimar__st__40

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Sorry to be a bit persnicity here but we've had this discussion elsewhere - the tests I've seen reveal very little, precious little distance between all the balls on the market regardless of type. When you get Titleist to send you their data you find all of five yards distance between all of their balls and in some cases the more expensive balls are longer than the mid priced ones regardless of swing speed - It's the cheaper two piecers that often yield the true distance advantage and there it's never more than 10 yards, less than that often.

So for the sake of argument I'd grant ten yards between the longest of two piecers (not even in this discussion as yet) and the shortest of tour balls whatever that might be (Callaway for me.)

I suppose if distance and price are the criterea then many (myself included) would hit an e5 about 5 yards longer on average than they would the appropriate tour level ball. It is cheaper but my point is you can find deals on last year's tour ball to make the price close to the same.

What I totally would understand is that for the player who is not used to it the additional spin around the green could actually be a hindrance to the short game and if there's not time or desire to work on it that could lead to higher scores. For this player it makes absolute sense to stick with those mid-ranged balls and enjoy!

It seems to me that the business of compression is what works to a touring pro's advantage - they and those with similar swing speeds are absolutely able to compress the ball better than a player like me who has an average clubhead speed and so are able to take advantage of all the benefits of a top level ball - doesn't mean that I don't get some of the benefits and wouldn't mean that a player like Whisky golfer who is a single digit guy couldn't get some of those benefits as well and move from an 8 to a 6.

I've had two extended conversations on this topic with a rep from Titleist and also with my fitter at the Tour fitting center. Both would always prefer that people play a premium ball because its designed for all levels of play even if the top players can get the fullest advantage - granted the Titleist guy is going company line but the other guy doesn't work for a company - he has nothing to gain and yet its what he said, unsolicited - its not like I asked him by saying,"The guy from Titleist told me."

So if there really is this big advantage to the average speed golfer in playing these mid level balls I'd like to see the numbers that show it - not the opinion the numbers - I've asked Srixon for them with no response - not even a thank you for the email - I've seen the Golf Digest test data and the times we've run tests on balls here and I'm not seeing it that there is some significant kind of advantage. Whenever I try it for myself on the course I'm not seeing it either - I hit an e5 or a Pro VIx and there is a marginal difference in distance between them on all shots until we get to the green where I can't spin the e5 or one of its counter parts the way I'd like and I can spin the premium ball and play all of my arsenal of shots with it.

I play with a lot of mid to higher handicap golfers so my interest here goes way beyond wanting to be right - its an I want them to enjoy the game and when I give them advice I want it to be what's best for them sort of thing.

Thanks guys

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I do agree Richard - most mid to high handicappers are better off playing the more economical ball - I also agree on the Titleist rep that's why I excluded his opinion - I suppose I could have asked the fitter if he had a bias but I made the assumption he didn't. I generally will recommend that my higher handicap friends use a mid level ball and that my friends who are closing in on single digits and want to get better use a premium ball - that's my general rule.

So we agree but I'd still love the statistical answer to a question that I've asked all over the place of so many different people - why is it presummed that since someone with a lower swing speed can't compress the ball like a touring pro that they should not use a tour level ball. There are still clear benefits to be found that in that type of ball and once again I site the fact that nearly every player (if not every player) on all of the ladies tours use premium balls. While a select few have the swing speed many do not and yet they go with the benefits they still get from the premium ball.

I'm not expecting Richard to answer this question because he's never made the argument about compression - he makes the argument that it depends on what a player is looking for - I totally buy that - we do this for fun - fun for some is hitting the ball the farthest, for others it's shooting the lowest score for others its having a few beers and a cigar with the boys - my goodness to each his or her own there -

However for those who are into the compression thing when I look at the raw data that I've seen about how far various golf balls go and spin I can't find where it makes that much difference - I'm a great example - I have a modest swing speed in the mid-90's I don't compress the ball like someone who swings 110 but I clearly get a benefit from a tour level ball where it counts for me - from 100 yards in - I also see very little loss of distance between the ball I can't compress and the ones that I supposedly can - In fact there is all of 10 yards between the 2 piecers (like the warbird) that I can hit the farthest and the premium balls (The Callaway what ever it is) that I hit the shortest. That's pretty consistent with the data I've seen.

So what I do see is very little difference in distance - 5 yards at most between premium and mid-level 3 piecers and a huge distance in spin around the green in favor of the premiums.

Are there any statistics out there that dispute this statement?

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Sounds like an "MGS Lab" idea.

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

Too funny -

No more data questions just a simple - if the guy wants the distance and doesn't care about feel why not a two piece ball that will go the farthest of all regardless of compression? It's also the cheapest.

I hope and pray that you can see the smile on my face as I ask this question because it's meant in fun and good natured jest. B) :) :) :)

On data I'd say, moderate that I am, that you need some - you also need the smarts to understand where it came from and what it means. (That's a statement not a question.)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I like it - no markings just proto - premium, 3 piece mid prized, 2 piece and see what guys like and what performs best.

That would be a blast to find out.

I'm almost afraid to say it but I think the OEM's are having a laugh at the bar over those mid priced 3 piecers - their place is to get the guy who would play a 2 piecer and be perfectly content to spend more on a ball that performs marginally better in regards to spin and doesn't go as far - I'm not saying that there is anything "wrong" with something like the e series or the nxt balls I'm just saying I don't think they offer enough in the way of benefit to get me off a two piecer if I'm not playing a premium ball. I'd need the distance to offset the loss of spin anyway and if it's distance that I'm after I'll take 10 yards over 5 - 10 is clearly a club - so a club off the tee and a club with an iron and I've moved from 6 iron to 8 iron into the green - the extra trajectory lets me stop it just as quick - hey I might be on to something here. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

GG, what are your top three favorite balls, if ya have three?

The reason that I ask is that I've gotta good friend who was askin me about balls, and he's been a Pro V1 guy cuz, well, he's a Pro V1 guy, HaHa ;)

He's a 10 hdcp, hits it probably 230-235ish, and if he nails it, 250ish. He's a solid 10, with a low 90s SS if I hadda guess. Anyway, he won some e5s so he played 'em & he really likes 'em. So he sees that he doesn't have to pay $45+/dozen for a nice ball.

So he asked me last week what else is out there(TMaG, Cally, Nike, etc) besides Titleist(He wasn't impressed with the NXT Tour-S). He cares about short iron/wedge feel vs. distance. I'm not that familiar with what's out there, cuz I play what I play & I don't mess around with any other balls. He really likes the e5 and just wanted to know if there was anything out there in that market segment that was "better."

Hell, I have no idea.

Thanx much

Fairways & Greens 4ever

If I were to do a top 3, it would have to be:

1.) Bridgestone E5

2.) Bridgestone B330-RXS

3.) Srixon Q-Star

For me, the difference from the E5 to the 330-S is the price. I can play equally well with either but I get a little bit more distance from the E5.

The Q-Star is great too. Very soft but it doesnt spin like the Bstones do.

Ok, and I'm not being a smart ass here. It's hard to tell that from the written word when ya can't look into someone's eyes. First, I'm not a bettin man, however I will bet you that if you ask the fitter "are you biased regarding bla, bla, bla(whatever the subject is)?," he's going to say no. At least if his IQ is north of 100, maybe even lower. I mean, when someone admits a bias, in their eyes, they feel as if they'll lose credibility. But we're human. We all have biases. I do. You do. My deceased teacher did. Your fitter does. I respect those who can admit this and then put them aside to come to an objective, mutually beneficial decision. It takes a fair amount of self confidence to do this, a level of which most don't have.

If a player, regardless of hdcp, feels that he gets more distance from a Pro V1 w/an 88-92pmh SS, then may The Good Lord Bless him, hit the frickin Titleist. I mean, the majority of these guys are the same ones that think when they nut a drive, it goes 285-290yds. And whereas 10 yds on a drive doesn't mean anything to you or I versus the feel & performance of the ball inside of 120 yds and on the green, there are a lot of guys spendin $3-400 for a driver prayin to get those 10 yds that we just gave away.

Regarding compression, Dude, I don't really know sh*t about compression. I mean I have a rudimentary understanding of it, though you were correct in saying that I don't discuss it, because my knowledge is nowhere near yours, T's , JM's or Rick's and why the hell would I pontificate about something that I can't even form a high level opinion about, HaHa. I mean, I think that I know what I have to know about it to play the game.

Who knows why LPGA players play what they play. 94% of the people in ANY segment of our population are sheep. 94 frickin percent(according to the American Academy of Clinical Psychologists, though they call them something else, not sheep, lol. I picked that word up from a mentor, and yea, he was biased, HaHa). And most people fall back on numbers, statistics and quantitative data to support a decision, when in fact, if they had a pair(even women, lol) or had the confidence to just say that I play it because I want to or it's the ball, driver or putter that I'm most comfortable with.

However I never base a decision on the fact that other people do something, use something or belong to something so, so should I. I'm not saying that my opinions, thoughts and beliefs aren't influenced by others, cuz they most certainly are. Though there have been countless times in my life where I did my due diligence, and it led me in the opposite direction of the majority, regardless of their statistics and numbers and data, and I and whomever was with me were the better for it. And there have been times where I was wrong, though I must say that in the most critical, high stakes situations, I've been fortunate to have made the right decisions, at least the outcomes were favorable.

And when I look at statistics professionally & depending on the importance of the statistics, I will go back to the raw data and see who collected the data, how they collected it, and the process by which they converted it to usable statistics, along with what their stake in the game/outcome is. In this arena I get paid a decent buck to do this. Regarding a frickin golf ball, well, it just ain't worth it.

And not to get into a business discussion however those of you who use statistics understand what I'm saying and that is that there is data and there are statistics. Data is worthless to ME. If one of my consultants walked in and handed me data, I'd fire em. Seriously. Right then & right there. And they'd know why.

So just cuz someone has data to throw around, there's a lot that I'd wanna know before it had any validity and then, it would have to be converted to staistics, which are usable, if valid. And I'm not splitting hairs. I mean I know it sounds reall high intellect to throw around data.

Believe me, I'm surrounded by guys far brighter than who, if left unchecked, would vomit data all over me and clients non-stop. Raw data to business is akin to raw ingredients to a recipe. Worthless. Just as you cannot eat the raw(well, ya could, but you get my point, lol) ingredients, you cannot use raw data, or any data for that matter, but it sounds sexy to say, "lemme see the data in that" or even better, "we'll, do ya have any data supporting your position?"

I'm not kidding, if/when someone asks me this question(& it's always a failing business owner or executive who obviously doesn't know better, HaHa), my pat response is always, "yea I'll getcha the data. What do you want it to say, how many pages do ya want it to be and what color for the folder?" I don't smile, show any emotion or say anything else. Silence is unsettling, especially to an idiot who just asked a stupid question.

So, we both haved veered so far OT from the frickin subject, LOL, that I feel like I'm so lost in the wilderness and much like Steve Winwood & Eric stated so elequently, I "Can't find my way home." I realize that it is I who have taken this there, though I will restate what I said in my first post, & that is if distance is your criteria, and you either don't care about feel or it is not high in your list, and your swing speed is under 100mph, you can save a nice piece of change(basically half) by gettin one of the surlyn cover mid range balls or as one knowledgable member, Gajin Golfer, stated, the Bridgestone "e" series or specifically, the e5.

However, if you're concerned with "feel," and you believe that only a Tour ball gives you that feel, then by all means, get the friggin Tour ball. Or if ya swing 88mph & feel that the Tour ball is the way to go, buy it, which ya probably already are, HaHa.

There, four pages later, a self created dilemma solved! :-)

Oh yea, the Mizzy MP? That depends, what's the compression, what's your SS and for the hell of it, what's your smash factor? :-)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Some people who dont have the SS to compress a tour ball still prefer one because they like the spin off of short irons and wedges and they like the soft feel off of the putter.

To each their own. Im not going to tell anyone what ball they can and cant use but if you arent compressing a ball properly you arent getting the most out of it.

Man, I hate when my tele "sticks," cuz I always get impatient & hit the send again, and it's, hello double/triple post ;)

Apologies

Fairways & Greens 4ever

no apology needed, it happens to all of us

no apology needed, it happens to all of us

no apology needed, it happens to all of us.

See what I mean..... B)

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Thanx much. His b-day's next week, so I'll get him a box o' the Q-Stars

Appreciate the help:)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

The Q-Stars are really nice. They feel so soft that youd never think theyre a $20 a dozen ball.

The Q-Stars are really nice. They feel so soft that youd never think theyre a $20 a dozen ball.

Is the Q Star kinda like the E6?

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

To each his own beyond a doubt - I thought of this thread extensively while I played yesterday because I we got paired with two young guys who could bomb it - one was a solid player - 77 from the tips - the other a good player - 85 but from the tips - I shot 78 from a set of tees up and my buddy shot 90 - a nice cross section of players.

The better player of the young guys used a Pro VIx until he lost it and his round in someone's backyard on 17. He played the rest of that hole and 18 with an e5 that he found looking for his ball (a sign that he was done after his second double in 3 holes).

That lead to a nice discussion on balls over a post round beer or two - the better player always plays premium balls but the other guy doesn't because he looses too many (I get that.) My buddy doesn't because he has no short game (well he's a reasonable putter but horrific chipper and can't pitch the ball at all) so it really doesn't matter what he does - a blade is a blade is a blade. In fact he uses the $20 two piece distance balls which I think is a great move on his part.

I will say if I had to pay $45 that I wouldn't - I would learn to play with the midline ball or maybe even the distance ball but you don't have to pay $45 for a premium ball - just be patient and buy enough of last year's model when it goes on sale to get you through this year - there is always something on sale that works and that gets you right around the same price as the midline balls.

Also this entire discussion has me considering picking up a sleeve of E5's just for kicks. Why not? Maybe I'll prefer them.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

A golf ball that I really love to play is the Gamer V2. It has all the feel of the pro v1x (for me) but half the price. But I am understanding a rumor that they are no longer going to be making them. Has anyone heard truth to this? (never mind looks like it is true as I can not find them anywhere) Sucks.

But when money is not an issue I love the feel of Pro v1x. With money and lost balls being an issue then it looks like maybe the e5/e6 is my new friend.

Has anyone worked with the e7?

Is the Q Star kinda like the E6?

Id say its more like the E5 but with less spin. They have a very soft feel to them but I think they still have a surlyn cover, whereas the E5s have a urethane cover.

Can someone compare the Bridgestone e5 and e6. I know what the difference is from a definition standpoint but I'd like to hear how they perform against each other on the course side by side.

Like R.P. said, E5 is a urethane covered 2-piece ball that is designed to give high speed but still distance.

E6 is a 2-piece surlyn covered ball with dimples that are designed to kill spin in order to give you straighter shots.

For me, I prefer the E5 because I play a pretty consistent draw, so I want the spin so that I can stop the ball on the green. A few years ago I was fighting a slice and tried the E6 and it did straighten out my shots. It just doesnt stop on the green for me. I quit using it because a lot of times I would hit a shot to the perfect distance and it would roll right over the back of the green every time.

Damn Dude, that's even better, lol.

Seriously, I don't know anything about Srixon balls, so I figured that that was their upper end ball, lol.

I wasn't kiddin when I said that I was clueless.

Hell, at that price, I'll get him two dozen. He's a good guy and he bought me a dozen of my Bridgestone 300s, so this works out, HaHa.

Thanx again for the education :-)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

The Z-Star is Srixon's high-end tour ball. Srixon makes good stuff. Theyre pretty big in Japan and are the #2 golf company in Japan in terms of markeshare behind Bridgestone/Tourstage.

Has anyone worked with the e7?

Ive never tried the E7 but am planning on picking up a dozen this spring. The E7 is a 3-piece surlyn covered ball that is supposed to give very high ball speeds and great distance, so Im curious about it. Im not the longest hitter in the world (about 225 driver carry and 150 yard carry on a 7-iron), so I wouldnt mind picking up a few yards.

• 3 weeks later...

Posted by Mizuno on Facebook today;

It's true - Mizuno makes golf balls.

The MP-S released in Japan is making its way to Europe. Look out for them from March 2013.

307297_523191571066036_409143039_n.jpg

• SPY VIP

I know that this has nothing to do with nothing, but damn, that Mizzy box looks so sweet. I mean clean, understated, and somewhat elegant.

Not a rainbow of colors & needless words.

Thanx for the post Furu

Fairways & Greens 4ever

tend to agree

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Couldn't have said it any better! Happy for ya, dude!

And back on topic - Tommy Armour balls from Sports Authority ain't half bad...

That may be the nicest thing I have ever heard about the Tommy Armour balls at TSA. I've come close to trying them a few times just haven't been able to pull the trigger on a box yet.

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

The box does look good. And the box is important. Callaway Hex Hot Pro looks a lot like the Pro V1 box.........

Looking forward to these but I have no idea what the price will be. Mizuno balls cost $85/dozen in Japan.

I know that this has nothing to do with nothing, but damn, that Mizzy box looks so sweet. I mean clean, understated, and somewhat elegant.

Not a rainbow of colors & needless words.

Thanx for the post Furu

Fairways & Greens 4ever

By rainbows do you mean Titleist with the Hologram type symbol? Or some other balls? Titleist uses the hologram in theory to keep copy cats at bay. It is supposed to be impossible to copy and you should never buy Titleist Balls without that on the box. Since I do not buy balls in a box it does nothing for me. I bought 108 Penta TP5 for $82 and while they have pen marks on them there is not a scratch or a dent on any of them. Well, except for those that I damaged and unfortunately a few have been returned to the briny drink from whist they came. (One of those balls that is in the water was barely hit.:P)

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

When all else fails, go get a ball fitting. We've all hyped the importance of fitting everything else at one time or another.

And yeah, the Mizzy box is pretty sweet. I would love to get my hands on a box of those.

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Ive said it before but, man, I wish those things were available in the U.S. The people who run the Mizuno U.K. FB page must be getting sick of people whining because they told American customers to go to the Mizzy North America FB page and tell them we want those balls in the U.S.

Needless to say, I will continue whining. It got us the Mizuno belts here in the states and its my hope that it will someday gets us the putters, shoes and balls too! The squeaky wheel gets the grease. ;)

I agree on the box packaging - it does look neat but I'm wondering what the Mizuno ball would bring to the market place?

I don't see it having a place really. Everyone has their Pro VI, Ix, everyone has their midline balls that are cheaper imitaions of the above and everyone has their two piece distance ball. Bridgestone and Srixon even have balls that they say perform like tour balls for slower swingers - We have places like Dick's and Golfsmith who have their own housebrands of the above.

It just seems like the market is pretty well saturated.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

No, not really. I was just referrin to the boxes that have the multiple colors and the writing, similar to the thought process that etches the iron's features(Zip Grooves, Quad Cut Grooves(Can you believe that Mizzy duz this sh*t? <_ traction control amongst others on the face back.>

I just pine for a simple, minimalistic approach, HaHa ;)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I wish more companies would keep it simple. Imagine a Mizuno blade with nothing on it but the Roadrunner stamp or a big "M". Although their blades are pretty clean as it is.

Archived