Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Mizuno golf balls

furu

I agree on the box packaging - it does look neat but I'm wondering what the Mizuno ball would bring to the market place?

I don't see it having a place really. Everyone has their Pro VI, Ix, everyone has their midline balls that are cheaper imitaions of the above and everyone has their two piece distance ball. Bridgestone and Srixon even have balls that they say perform like tour balls for slower swingers - We have places like Dick's and Golfsmith who have their own housebrands of the above.

It just seems like the market is pretty well saturated.

True but if the others can have their own balls, why not Mizuno?

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a free country - no doubt that Mizuno can have it's own ball - I'm just wondering what it brings to the table is all.

I am happy that Mizuno makes irons that's for sure -

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

It's a free country - no doubt that Mizuno can have it's own ball - I'm just wondering what it brings to the table is all.

I am happy that Mizuno makes irons that's for sure -

What do the others bring to the table that Mizuno cant? What makes the others so entitled?

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

My favorite MP iron, the 33s, had only "Mizuno" & "MP-33" on the faceback.

I saw a set of 33s at a golf shop yesterday and those are some sweet looking irons. They wanted around $250 for them and the condition wasn't too bad, the usual bag chatter dings but the PW was heavily used because the face was very worn and dark brown, and they had on like new New Decade Midsize Blue Grips and S300 shafts.

• 3 weeks later...

Standard premuim pricing is what I've been told so far.

Comparible to the ProV1. Rumours say they'll see how that goes before adding in a V1X-alike

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

As a low SSer, (87-95 mph), I tried the NXT Tour S and now am working the e6.

So far I actually like the Velocity better.

Has anybody tried the Gamer V2 Tour?...I saw them at Dick's last week.....it's the Gamer with a Urethane cover.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 1 month later...

I've got balls! More than two actually. Got a dozen MP-S on Saturday. For the price I paid they'd better have some sort of holeseeking technology.

IMAG0269.jpg?resize=625%2C352

I'll check the shipping cost. I'll send a 3-pack if it's not too expensive.

One dozen MP-S cost me $120. Not available in Norway. Had to buy them from the UK. Cost + shipping x 1.25 (Norwegian VAT) + $20 import fee. I hope you understand why I can't send you more than three :D

I've always wanted to visit Vancouver. It's on our holiday shortlist.

Checked the cost and it should be fine. Send me info on pm if you want three MP-S.

• 3 weeks later...

They are amazing! Seriously. Could be the best ball ever. Spin on short game is outstanding. Feel around the green is incredible. I was just laughing and smiling when I practiced today.

It was Bounce once - Stop. Too much stop sometimes. I can be really aggressive with the MP-S and I love it :D

I couldn't care less what I play of the tee. I want something that's fun when I have a wedge in my hand. And it doesn't get better than the MP-S.

Other balls I've reviewed this year;

HEX Hot Pro

HEX Chrome+

Lethal

Pro V1

Z-Star

AD333

NXT Tour S

DX3

FG Tour

DX2 Soft

ONE RZN

20XI

330RX

1. MP-S

2. DX2 Soft (DUO in the USA)

3. ONE RZN

Well here's the advantage that I thought of if Mizuno comes into the US Market - for someone who is thrifty it's another line of balls that will be discontinued when they bring out their new version of better this or that -

By the way when is Nike going to repackage the One TourD by another name so that I can have my favorite ball back? B)

I really am wondering if technology hasn't been maxed out or more accurately ruled out for the time being in many categories in golf.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Like I said before, I wouldnt hold my breath for these balls coming to the U.S.

A semi-famous Norwegian once said that the internet was going to be a flop. It's impossible to know what the future brings. Who knows if they come up with a superdupermaterial for the outer layer in five years time? RZN is a "new" material. At least in golf balls. It's different. Is it progress? Done the right way - yes.

Some new products are unnecessary. Not the MP-S. We need it :D

A semi-famous Norwegian once said that the internet was going to be a flop. It's impossible to know what the future brings. Who knows if they come up with a superdupermaterial for the outer layer in five years time? RZN is a "new" material. At least in golf balls. It's different. Is it progress? Done the right way - yes.

Some new products are unnecessary. Not the MP-S. We need it :D

I agree. Now we just need to convince the beancounters of that.

Archived