Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Shanky Par?

HighFade

We've all gotten a sandy par, right? Hit it in the bunker, get up and down for par. Sandy par.

Today I got a shanky par.

Hit my drive decently on a long par 5, but it sat right on the edge of the fairway and the rough. So the grass caught the toe of my 4 iron and made me shank it (that's how I remember it anyway) and the ball caromed about 30 yards further into the right rough and ended up about 210 away from the hole.

Undeterred, I picked up the 4 iron again, and put it on the green. Two putts later I had my first shanky par!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

It might be ugly, but a par is a par!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Nice par!

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Love those.  I had a double shanky par one time..  Perfect tee shot on a mid length par 5, Shanked 3 iron, 5 iron to the greeside rough, shanked chip that somehow found the green, canned a 60 ft snake.  (I won some serious dots on that hole...)

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Like Matt said a par is a par and they don't draw pictures on a score card. That is a scrambling par file that away in your book of confidence. It will go a long way when you play your tournament golf this summer

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Haven't seen too many of those, but I've only seen one bladed par.  My brother in law hit it short into a waste bunker on a par 3.  Chunked the 2nd shot and was still in the bunker.  Then bladed his 3rd shot.  It was about 2' in the air and a screaming line drive that would have ended up 20yds over the green.  Hits the pin and spins straight down into hole for par.

I've never seen anything like it before.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I had something similar in a pennant match two weeks ago lol.

Short what would be about 150 yards for you guys par 3, was a little windy so went to play a knockdown shot. Shanked dead right into what I though was tea tree (did'nt exactly watch it :P), it apparently hit a tree and bumped out into play. Had a 100 yard pitch which i left on the front fringe. holed a 30 foot putt for par just off the front lol.

Best part of all this is my opponant hit the left side of the green and proceeded to 3 putt for a bogey and a lost hole lol.

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

I had something similar in a pennant match two weeks ago lol.

Short what would be about 150 yards for you guys par 3, was a little windy so went to play a knockdown shot. Shanked dead right into what I though was tea tree (did'nt exactly watch it :P), it apparently hit a tree and bumped out into play. Had a 100 yard pitch which i left on the front fringe. holed a 30 foot putt for par just off the front lol.

Best part of all this is my opponant hit the left side of the green and proceeded to 3 putt for a bogey and a lost hole lol.

That's classic. Gotta be a deflating for your opponent. He's gotta be thinking "he shanked it, and I still can't win the hole"

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

I need to start hitting 8 irons off the tee box, I can't hit a driver or 3 wood to save my life!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Believe it or not, just in my last round (last Tuesday), I had a shanky birdie!!!  Par 5, decent drive, great 5 wood to about 40 yds.  The death range for me.  Sure enough, got up on my toes and shanked a half lob wedge.  But since the pin was way over to the left, my shank veered right, but caught a slight bank and rolled up to the right side of the green, pin high.  Maybe a 30-40 ft putt into the center of the cup!  Tweet, tweet!

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Archived