Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,012 signups
Equipment Type: irons
Vendor: PXG

Testers Wanted

TWFeature.jpg

MyGolfSpy Forum is thrilled to announce a new release testing opportunity from PXG. This is the first time PXG has ever participated in member testing, and there couldn't be a better product than their newly announced Gen 7 irons and Black Ops irons.

About PXG

It’s no surprise that PXG is a polarizing brand. Since their inception in 2013, they have been bold and, for some, brash. The evolution of PXG has been fascinating to follow as they transitioned from a boutique, high-priced, exclusive brand to a company offering a range of options with price points that will suit most, if not all, golfers.

PXG places significant focus on fitting, ensuring customers have the proper products to get the best performance from their game. This is evident with their various in-store fitting options (at PXG-specific or partner stores) and the option of over-the-phone fittings.

PXG also offers their PXG for Heroes program, which provides first looks, discounts, and more for active duty, veterans, first responders, and law enforcement personnel. It is a “Thank You” to all those who have served and is a core pillar of the brand.

0311P.jpg

The PXG Perception

As mentioned earlier, PXG is a polarizing brand. This was evident in the 2022 Brand Perception Survey done by MyGolfSpy, where results were varied. PXG ranked high with related words such as Modern, Premium, Engineering, and Innovation, while also ranking high with less positive keywords such as Hype, Follower, and Gimmick.

When brands are louder, there will be more people on each side of the fence, compared to those straddling it, which is why these results are not surprising.

This brings us to a key point: does it matter? If a product performs or outperforms what is in your bag, will it, or can it, change your perception? Could it make some of those negative associations fade away?

BlackOps.jpg

The Testing Opportunity

We are looking for six golfers to test, review, and keep a set of PXG Gen 7 irons or PXG Black Ops irons. We will be selecting three for each, and while we have no specifications or further details to share with you (those will be released soon), we are thrilled to provide this early opportunity to our members.

What is your brand bias towards PXG? Do you think it will make you the perfect tester?

Let us know!

0311XP.jpg

*This testing opportunity is open to registered forum members in North America.
*Registration closes August 4.
*Testers will be announced August 6.

393 Comments

Have always thought and continue to think that PXG clubs are overpriced and overrated.  Interested to see the reviews once the 6 get selected and receive the clubs.

Boom Baby!

If the club in your hand gives you confidence over the ball let it fly.

Way too much $$ at first. Now you see them as much as other brands. Would love to try a set. Thanks

This is just out of sight to be able to throw my hat into the ring to be a tester of one of the best irons on the market. Good luck to all applicants.

Early on, my perception was it was a rich person's brand. Now, I feel like they're legit contenders for everyone. Excited about the chance to try the new clubs. 

Very pricy..never looked at them because of that!  But I’d give them a honest opinion, as a average golfer.

I have played PXG Gen 3 irons and liked them. My bag has multiple brands. I try to find the best option / tool for the specific shot. Would enjoy trying PXG’s new products to see how far their products have evolved. 

Would love to test some PXG irons!  Looking to do my first full bag fitting for the first time here soon this year and local PXG store is on shortlist for locations to do so.

Fantastic opportunity!  

You can tell by some of the comments already that many people marked PXG off years ago due to price.  But they haven’t followed them in the past 3-4 years.  

They are competitivly priced with the other major OEM and the performance js outstanding. 

I’m very anxious to follow the results of our testers! 

I have always liked the way PXG supported the veterans. I have never been totally satisfied with the products. I have hit them on many occasions, and they have always been just OK. When they first came out it was a status symbol. "Oh man he has PXGs" I never understood the hype. Their drivers were sub-par vs the big boys, until the Black Ops. The irons were always solid, but never breath taking. 

I play 3 sets of clubs for homes in CO, FL and NY my most recent purchase was a full set of PXG Gen 5 clubs, irons, woods, putter bag... they are my favorite and the ones I use most often.  

16 Handicap, 71 years young, fit and active.  Would love to test and compare PXG's latest offering to my current PXG sticks and could evaluate against my Mizuno Irons/Ping Woods set and Wilson Irons/Ping Woods set.  thanks. Paul C

This Test is now closed to further comments.