Testers Announced! Stix Golf Sets ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,451 signups
Equipment Type: Full Bag
Vendor: Cobra

Cobra Golf and MyGolfSpy Proudly Presents:

The Cobra Golf 50th Anniversary Member Special!

Cobra-50th-Logo.ai.jpg

In honor of Cobra Golf's 50th Anniversary the MyGolfSpy forum team is proud present a Member Special unlike any other!

We are looking for 6 (yes, six) testers to provide full bag (14 clubs, plus the bag!) reviews over the course of a six week team based competition.

SS23_Ecom_Clubs_AJ_PLP_1_880x600px_Hero_Family-min_1000x.webp 

SS23_KING-Irons_PLP_Section6-mobile-880x880-min_600x.jpgSS23_KING-Irons_PLP_Section1-HERO-Image-1000x600-min_1000x.webp  SS23_Ecom_Clubs_AJ_PLP_3_880x880_Irons-min_750x.webp

SS23_Cobra_Snakebite_PLP_SidebySide_880x704-1-min_750x.webp  SS23_Cobra_Snakebite_PLP_SidebySide_880x704-2-min_750x.jpg

FamilyBanner-3D-600x600px-mobile-min-2_535x.webp

Competitors will be put into two teams and put their new Cobra gear up to the test in several unique challenges which will focus on different aspects of the bag while also reviewing that club for forum members.  But fear not, even those of us not directly in the competition will have a chance to throw down and challenge out fearless competitors during weekly events for a chance to win swag too!

To top it off, the forum member with the best participation as voted on by the moderator team will be taking home a Limited Edition 50th Anniversary Aerojet Driver!  

TESTERS ANNOUNCED!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Follow the Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special here

Be sure to check out the Forum Social Channels on Instagram & Twitter

408 Comments

This is an amazing opportunity for all golfers to see and understand the changes in golf. Played the FlyZ pros for over 8 years before going with the Callaway TCBs but I loved my Cobras.  Best of luck to ALL. 

What an awesome opportunity! I have been a cobra fan for years and have played their equipment for around 5-6 years. I currently have the 2021 Snakebite wedges in my bag and no complaints about them. I also used to have the Speedzone driver and loved it. I also got the chance to test the King Tour irons and thought those felt better than the T100s and P7MCs. 

Being a teacher, I am lucky to have the availability to play all summer and typically play 4-7 times a week. I would love to be part of this test and see the results. Good luck to all that apply!

I have been using Cobra clubs for the last 10 years.  They took the slice right out of my game.  Even though my swing speed can be timed with a sand clock, they added 20 yards to my drives,  Would love to participate.

4 minutes ago, MattF said:

It's unfortunate that you have to play multiple times a week, for this reason, I'm out.

Yeah it definitely is a bigger time commitment. But we want to make sure that Cobra is getting proper representation for all the gear they provide. As you know from prior Cobra events there is a lot that goes into it outside of a normal review of one product. 

1 hour ago, Swood1994 said:

Holy smokes! What an opportunity and a huge relationship the forum was able to secure with Cobra. To have the chance to test a full bag of one manufacturer is something special. Good luck everyone!

I see you joined during the early stages of the pandemic.   Up until then we had parterned with Cobra on 4 very succesful testings just like this.  Each year got better and better then the off year of the pandemic, and in 2021 there were huge supply chain issues and the delviery was so scattered cobra still provided the equipment but the weekly contessts weren't able to be done, so it just went as one large testings. 

And in 2022 was a down year for all memeber testings due to reasons that don't matter now.   But Cobra gladly jumped in full steam again this year when we approached them! 

Be sure to follow along if you don't get selected, it's a really fun event to follow and join in from a members standpoint. 

Ooohhh mama! So pumped to have this back (as long as memes can have somewhere to live!), and this is the first year in the last four that I’ll actually be able to play enough golf to sign up. Guaranteed best thread of the year (assuming supply chain is okay 🤞)!

Sounds unbelievably amazing! Would love to be a part, but family vacation happens smack dab in the middle of the “must be able to play lots of golf” window so I’m going to have to choose family first!

Celebrating my 50th birthday by trying to get in 50 rounds before October 30th. Ready to put these to the rest of I’m lucky enough. 

51 minutes ago, skraeling said:

Is there someone who can link the previous one so we have an idea of what kind of time commitment this would require?

I’m interested but if it’s a you must play this day kinda thing that’d be hard or if there’s some leeway with doing the challenges.

Single dude and no kids so I can make time for the most part.  Just curious what the “must do’s” would be.

I'll look for a link if no one else post it but if you search   Cobra Connect 2 or 3 or 4 you shoudl find it  or CC2, etc.

In general at least 1 time a week at minimum to play some weeks a 2nd round might be needed.  

What a test!  Amazing amount of gear being donated here Cobra, other brands should hold you up as a shining light!

Unfortunately I don't think I get to sign up for this one.  I have travel next month and June and won't be able to play multiple rounds those weeks, though I should be able to play at least one round in June when in Ireland.  Do makeup rounds work? 🙂 

Also, I'm not that great of a playing partner under most formats... maybe next anniversary.

5 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I see you joined during the early stages of the pandemic.   Up until then we had parterned with Cobra on 4 very succesful testings just like this.  Each year got better and better then the off year of the pandemic, and in 2021 there were huge supply chain issues and the delviery was so scattered cobra still provided the equipment but the weekly contessts weren't able to be done, so it just went as one large testings. 

And in 2022 was a down year for all memeber testings due to reasons that don't matter now.   But Cobra gladly jumped in full steam again this year when we approached them! 

Be sure to follow along if you don't get selected, it's a really fun event to follow and join in from a members standpoint. 

Yes I would assume like most I joined mainly for testing opportunities not really posting and being active until recently. I guess I meant to have said “continued” relationship with Cobra as per the post it’s another year of doing it. 

regardless an amazing test to follow along and my main draw before I started on the forum was all of the tests from MGS main site so I’ve been following past and current member tests no that I’m fully invested in the forum. 

5 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I'll look for a link if no one else post it but if you search   Cobra Connect 2 or 3 or 4 you shoudl find it  or CC2, etc.

In general at least 1 time a week at minimum to play some weeks a 2nd round might be needed.  

Link posted halfway down Page 3 of this thread, just FYI.  🙂

This is a fantastic opportunity! Good luck to everyone!! I've been converting my bag to Cobras over the past few years and the performance is amazing. I can't put it into words how much I love my F9 driver.

Would love this opportunity to let my wife know that I need to play a lot more golf than normal (she already thinks I play too much) 😄  But I'm willing to take it for the team and of course take "the team" to victory with whatever challenges GolfSpy_BOS throws at us!  Good luck to everyone and I'll wait to see if I get the opportunity of the year!

This Test is now closed to further comments.