Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,451 signups
Equipment Type: Full Bag
Vendor: Cobra

Cobra Golf and MyGolfSpy Proudly Presents:

The Cobra Golf 50th Anniversary Member Special!

Cobra-50th-Logo.ai.jpg

In honor of Cobra Golf's 50th Anniversary the MyGolfSpy forum team is proud present a Member Special unlike any other!

We are looking for 6 (yes, six) testers to provide full bag (14 clubs, plus the bag!) reviews over the course of a six week team based competition.

SS23_Ecom_Clubs_AJ_PLP_1_880x600px_Hero_Family-min_1000x.webp 

SS23_KING-Irons_PLP_Section6-mobile-880x880-min_600x.jpgSS23_KING-Irons_PLP_Section1-HERO-Image-1000x600-min_1000x.webp  SS23_Ecom_Clubs_AJ_PLP_3_880x880_Irons-min_750x.webp

SS23_Cobra_Snakebite_PLP_SidebySide_880x704-1-min_750x.webp  SS23_Cobra_Snakebite_PLP_SidebySide_880x704-2-min_750x.jpg

FamilyBanner-3D-600x600px-mobile-min-2_535x.webp

Competitors will be put into two teams and put their new Cobra gear up to the test in several unique challenges which will focus on different aspects of the bag while also reviewing that club for forum members.  But fear not, even those of us not directly in the competition will have a chance to throw down and challenge out fearless competitors during weekly events for a chance to win swag too!

To top it off, the forum member with the best participation as voted on by the moderator team will be taking home a Limited Edition 50th Anniversary Aerojet Driver!  

TESTERS ANNOUNCED!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Follow the Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special here

Be sure to check out the Forum Social Channels on Instagram & Twitter

408 Comments

Been looking for a reason to play more to prep not only for the US Open local but also some regional tournaments gearing up in the summer. 

I'll get in on the Cobra reminiscence. Below is a stock image of the first club I loved. It lost its head at a driving range when I was 16 years old, hence the stock image. It was a deep level of teen hormone induced emotions involved with this event. This is the club I hit my first 200y drive, hit the long par 3 for the first time, etc.

At the time I was about 5 years into playing golf, still with all my starter set. I was caddying at a private club on weekends and one of my loops had my Uncle's neighbor, a Judge (not Smails) who hit a long ball. This was his actual driver. I drooled over it while cleaning his clubs. So when he had a garage sale next door to my Uncle I was the first one there pretty much. I forget exactly, but I want to say I got it for $10.

I got about 2 years out '96-97 of it before the driving range incident. For some reason, that's the last time Cobra was in my bag aside from trying some wedges here and there.

I go for value off the rack pre-owned and always stumble into other OEM Tour Edge and Callaway specifically.

Screenshot_20230413_105411_Google~2.jpg

I am currently playing the Cobra LTDX Driver with 40 gram Diamana ZF R2 shaft; Cobra LTDX irons with Basazz shafts, Mizuno 2023 hybrids with Drago shafts and Titliest Vokey wedges with Badazz shafts, and Callaway Rogue  3HL and Heaven woods with Drago  45 g shafts. All fitted by Club Champion.

This is absolutely incredible.  An entire bag set up!  I love the addition of the competition.  Keeps things interesting by adding an element of depth and the spirit of competition.  What are the challenges going to be??  Looking forward to finding out.

I am currently playing the Cobra LTDX Driver with 40 gram Diamana ZF R2 shaft; Cobra LTDX irons with Basazz shafts, Mizuno 2023 hybrids with Drago shafts and Titliest Vokey wedges with Badazz shafts, and Callaway Rogue  3HL and Heaven woods with Drago  45 g shafts. All fitted by Club Champion.

I am also using the new Odyssey triple wide blade putter that Club Champion adjusted the weighting to create a slightly negative face balance that has really helped my short putts that I tended to miss right.

20 hours ago, snicerz said:

God I want to sign up for this so bad! I know I’ve got what they’re looking for regarding on course and practice time but in all the trials I’ve been going through to get a bag of fit clubs, the cobra’s just never clicked performance-wise. Some might disagree but I did always like the looks of the cobras I tried though. 

good luck to every that signs up!

You know what? I tossing my name in the hat. If I make the cut, I can compare them to my fitted set. If they grow on me, great, if they still aren't right for me, I'm sure I can find a local HS kid that hits from the wrong side of the ball to donate these to. Different sport, but I remember one of the seniors giving me his 1st base glove when I got on the JV team. I was still rocking the little glove I always had and used as a pitcher but the coaches wanted me on 1st base since the pitching roster was pretty deep. I was so grateful and it made playing 1st so much more fun.

Wow. What another great opportunity at testing! Would love to try any of these clubs out and give a review for them. Hot start to the season!

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Not neccesarily 

Actually the Cobra Challenge signups in the past are not typically record setting application amounts.   And a large part of that is we (the staff) try to be very upfront about the time commitment and expectations of the testing that are asked of all particiapnts.   It's much much more than a normal test of a driver or irons.   You are going to spend a lot of time not only playing and on the range, but writing up several full reviews of the entire bag. 

I give a huge amount of respect to those who would love a full bag, but choose not to apply knowing they couldn't meet the expected time commitments. 

And this right here is why, despite this being one of the tests that always brings excitement, it also leads me to never throw my hat in the ring for it. The time commitment is something fierce and knowing what's required can make even a hardened MGS review vet steer clear 

1 hour ago, Lee Turner said:

Welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you here! Member reviews are a great part of the forum, no doubt, but I'd strongly encourage you to get involved in other threads as well. You'll also want to make sure you complete your profile fully, like uploading a picture, so that you meet all requirements to be considered for member testing. Check out this thread for all you need to know about ways to improve your chances of being selected.

1 hour ago, CK1over said:

This is absolutely incredible.  An entire bag set up!  I love the addition of the competition.  Keeps things interesting by adding an element of depth and the spirit of competition.  What are the challenges going to be??  Looking forward to finding out.

Welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you here! Member reviews are a great part of the forum, no doubt, but I'd strongly encourage you to get involved in other threads as well. You'll also want to make sure you complete your profile fully, like uploading a picture, so that you meet all requirements to be considered for member testing. Check out this thread for all you need to know about ways to improve your chances of being selected.

3 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Here’s another of my Cobra bags that were reviewed…..Cobra King F6 This was a set that had 4 separate iron technologies in one set.

image.jpeg.12580aef8850aec49d8cedc3d0f79309.jpeg

That was a sweet iron set when those came out. Was super close to pulling the trigger but decided a driver and 3 wood were needed more. That’s when I got the LTD Pro and LTD 3 wood that stayed in my bag until 3 weeks ago. 

I have always loved the technology Cobra pushes in their clubs, all companies do of course, however I’ve always been fond of Cobra’s angle they push. 

Had to grab a stock photo from MGS’s review of them as I no longer have these irons but behold the Cobra Baffler Iron set. 
IMG_0287.jpeg.9cb43cf3976cb8da5bed6ab6112de73e.jpeg

This was my first stand alone iron set, coming from a full bag of Wilson OS club set. Used for a couple seasons but moved on quickly due to offset issues. They were such a weird looking iron that always got comments on the course. 

Seeing these again in pictures it validates that I have come so far in my personal golf game. Currently playing the Cobra Tour MiM’s, which is almost the complete opposite of the spectrum  

A Cobra 440SZ driver was one of those drivers that got treated like the great girlfriend when the hot chick shows interest 😔

The AeroJet driver is getting the hype that Cobra drivers may be back! But I've learned to hang onto the 3 year relationship I'm currently in (driver-wise). In addition, a fiancee & planning an upcoming wedding will occupy my time May-July.

Good luck to the Spies selected!

Would love to be a part of this, But my June and early July times are pretty limited. Good Luck to those that get selected. Have fun, I am looking forward to see how this plays out. Love the concept of a competition. 

I play Cobra RadSpeed One Length irons. I originally bought them for the express purpose of taking a bit of stress off my back bend, but have fallen in love with the consistency of the ball position. I read criticism that Cobra is not known for the feel of their irons, but I’ve gotta say I love the ball coming off the center of the face. While I would welcome an opportunity to test a one length set, I would love testing a standard Aerojet set as well. 

My OL RadSpeed set is 4H, 3-GW. I also play a 10* Titleist TSi3 driver, 13.5* 3W, and 15* H, use a Callaway 56* PM grind wedge, and a Taylormade Spider X Navy. I would readily put them all in the back of the garage in order to use a full set of Cobra’s. Thx for the opportunity.

1 hour ago, B_R_A_D_Y said:

I play Cobra RadSpeed One Length irons. I originally bought them for the express purpose of taking a bit of stress off my back bend, but have fallen in love with the consistency of the ball position. I read criticism that Cobra is not known for the feel of their irons, but I’ve gotta say I love the ball coming off the center of the face. While I would welcome an opportunity to test a one length set, I would love testing a standard Aerojet set as well. 

My OL RadSpeed set is 4H, 3-GW. I also play a 10* Titleist TSi3 driver, 13.5* 3W, and 15* H, use a Callaway 56* PM grind wedge, and a Taylormade Spider X Navy. I would readily put them all in the back of the garage in order to use a full set of Cobra’s. Thx for the opportunity.

I had the RadSpeed OL as well, it was some of the best golf I've played.  So of course I traded them in  🙂

This Test is now closed to further comments.