Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Nike Master's Scripting

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

Here are the obligatory apparel scripts for the Nike Athletes competing in The Masters...or as most others say, "The first Major of the Season".

There's some cool tech here that we'll hopefully discuss later, but the for now notables include Tiger's hat, which is is similar in design to a running hat. It's exceptionally light to the degree that it's noticeable. The same is true of the belts Tiger will wear.

Worth mentioning as well for the Tiger watchers out there, if Tiger competes (and makes it into the weekend), the current scripting has him wearing both a red hat and the red TW shoes (pictured). While this may not seem radical to most of us, it would mark the first time Tiger has gone with something other than black or white on his feet and head. 

I recently spent some time with Nike Golf's apparel team (including the designers). They're describing McIlroy's look as "Disruptive White", and while that does sound a bit funny, think about Bubba. Nike of course will add a splash of color, and should Rory find himself in contention on Sunday, it could spark a new trend.

For those thinking Nike for your own wardrobe this year; the TW adaptive fit pant offers a roomier cut than the Modern Pant that McIlroy will wear. Henley's flat front is another option for those who prefer a less European cut.

Here is the Nike stock stuff, and I'll post some additional photos shortly. As you look over the scripting, perhaps you can answer one question for me:

What should we make about Charl Schwartzel having one more ball than everyone else?

Tiger Woods

Tiger_Woods_Major_Looks_native_1600.jpg

Rory McIlroy

Rory_McIlroy_Major_Looks_native_1600.jpg

Charl Schwartzel

Charl_Schwartzel_Major_Looks_native_1600.jpg

Russel Henley

Russell_Henley_Major_LOOKS_native_1600.jpg

Seung Yul Noh

Seung_Yul_Noh_Major_Looks_native_1600.jpg

Full Descriptions can be found HERE.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Here is the Nike stock stuff, and I'll post some additional photos shortly. As you look over the scripting, perhaps you can answer one question for me:

What should we make about Charl Schwartzel having one more ball than everyone else?

Tiger Woods

attachicon.gifTiger_Woods_Major_Looks_native_1600.jpg

Rory McIlroy

attachicon.gifRory_McIlroy_Major_Looks_native_1600.jpg

Charl Schwartzel

attachicon.gifCharl_Schwartzel_Major_Looks_native_1600.jpg

Russel Henley

attachicon.gifRussell_Henley_Major_LOOKS_native_1600.jpg

Seung Yul Noh

attachicon.gifSeung_Yul_Noh_Major_Looks_native_1600.jpg

Full Descriptions can be found HERE.

I think it's a really important bit of information.  However, I am more curious about why McIlroy, Schwartzel, and Noh get pairs of shoes, but Woods and Henley have to pick two out three different shoes to wear.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• SPY VIP

I think it's a really important bit of information.  However, I am more curious about why McIlroy, Schwartzel, and Noh get pairs of shoes, but Woods and Henley have to pick two out three different shoes to wear.  

What I think is cool is that this isn't an accident. Nike didn't discuss the other guys in an specifics, but with respect to Tiger, it's actually a huge deal that he could be wearing red accents (hat and shoes) on any day other than Sunday. Nike views getting those shoes into the mix as a significant branding/marketing opportunity. The same is true of the hat, though the sense is Tiger might choose to go in a different direction (which is likely why the hat isn't pictured).

With Rory...it's all about white with the Vapor accents. White pants every day. White shoes every day. While pullover if he needs it. 

Why golfers routinely mock the scripting, there's a always a larger branding message at play, and bringing that together cohesively is actually a massive effort.

Here's a look at how all of this will come together:

Tiger-Thursday.jpg

Tiger-Friday.jpg

Tiger-Saturday.jpg

Tiger-Sunday.jpg

Rory-Thursday.jpg

Rory-Friday.jpg

Rory-Saturday.jpg

Rory-Sunday.jpg

Tiger-Shoe.jpg

tigers-saturday-hat.jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I like all of the outfits.  Rory has always worn a lot of white, so no surprise there.  I can't remember Tiger ever wearing white pants, so no surprise there either.

I have a hard time picturing Woods with a red hat.  I'll believe it when I see it.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived