Zylem

Getting new irons this Saturday

Our Sponsors

Great review and very entertaining read! Sounds like you are set for the remainder of the year and get ya self a PB.

I hope to soon, but first these courses have to dry out some. It's been storming every other day here in Florida.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Really nice review. Thank you for your thoughts. It's a long ways off for you but there is another category of player out there. Older guy, still has game, trying to hang on to some distance to keep the handicap low. Despite the obvious differences in our games your comments are very helpful.

Where are you in Central Florida again?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What a great write up. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Excited for you and your new sticks.

Really nice review. Thank you for your thoughts. It's a long ways off for you but there is another category of player out there. Older guy, still has game, trying to hang on to some distance to keep the handicap low. Despite the obvious differences in our games your comments are very helpful.

Where are you in Central Florida again?

Lakeland.

And you are right, there's a bunch of different categories of golfers. There's also the soon to be middle age guy that doesn't have enough time to practice and play so he is just hoping to play enough to hold on to what he's got

• Like 1

This makes me that much more pumped to get my 900 Forged tomorrow! Thanks for the entertaining write up.

• Like 2

Since you got the 900 forged,why the regular steelhead Xr and not the pro version? They have a more similar footprint don't they?

Great write up, I throughly enjoyed reading it, congrats on the new sticks!

Lakeland.

And you are right, there's a bunch of different categories of golfers. There's also the soon to be middle age guy that doesn't have enough time to practice and play so he is just hoping to play enough to hold on to what he's got

That's what I thought. When Foz gets back from his trip we will have to arrange a MGS outing.

Since you got the 900 forged,why the regular steelhead Xr and not the pro version? They have a more similar footprint don't they?

I believe you are correct. I put the standard Steelhead irons on my like since a friend I regularly play with bought these and started blasting shots by me. The fitter recommended I demo the pro version too after seeing my swing. Honestly, we must of forgotten about them.

That's what I thought. When Foz gets back from his trip we will have to arrange a MGS outing.

Looking forward to it. Hopefully we can sneak a round in between all this crazy weather we are having right now.

• Like 1

How long until your new clubs are ready to go into the bag?

How long until your new clubs are ready to go into the bag?

Two weeks is the expected delivery date. They said since it's a popular shaft and outside of the holiday season it could be sooner.

Now I am hoping all this rain works it's way out in those two weeks so I can get some time on the range with them. I have a feeling my distances are going to be completely different.

Two weeks is the expected delivery date. They said since it's a popular shaft and outside of the holiday season it could be sooner.

Now I am hoping all this rain works it's way out in those two weeks so I can get some time on the range with them. I have a feeling my distances are going to be completely different.

Nice - shipping right to you from Mizuno?

Nice - shipping right to you from Mizuno?

Yup. I told my wife if they come earlier it really will be Christmas in July.

• Like 2

Nice. FYI they will ship FedEx ground. You can get a notification and tracking for when they are ship by signing up for a FedEx account
  • Like 1

Yes, it really will be Christmas in July! Congrats again on the purchase.

Nice. FYI they will ship FedEx ground. You can get a notification and tracking for when they are ship by signing up for a FedEx account

LOL! You can seriously ask any of us about the Mizuno process, we're all too familiar with it by now. We have like 9 pages worth of PMs between us, CG2, and severtheties. We have been like little children in the backseat of a long car trip for the past 2 weeks.

• Like 4

Yes, it really will be Christmas in July! Congrats again on the purchase.

LOL! You can seriously ask any of us about the Mizuno process, we're all too familiar with it by now. We have like 9 pages worth of PMs between us, CG2, and severtheties. We have been like little children in the backseat of a long car trip for the past 2 weeks.

I can't wait to see all the stage 1 reviews. Those irons really are sweet looking.

Most of the irons I hit I like the looks of. The G400s were the only ones I saw that made me wonder if I could get used to them. And the Srixon Z565s where stunning.

I still am thinking about what to do with my wedges. Forged set is PW 44 and GW 48. I won't take the 56 out so I guess I need a 52. Do people play two gap wedges?

• Like 2

Congratulations, let us know how they are after a round or 2.

I can't wait to see all the stage 1 reviews. Those irons really are sweet looking.

Most of the irons I hit I like the looks of. The G400s were the only ones I saw that made me wonder if I could get used to them. And the Srixon Z565s where stunning.

I still am thinking about what to do with my wedges. Forged set is PW 44 and GW 48. I won't take the 56 out so I guess I need a 52. Do people play two gap wedges?

I do. I have a 50 degree V6 gap wedge that is my 140 club and a 52 degree PMP wedge that goes 130 because of the spin and mass. I just added the 52 this year because I've had that 130 yard gap the last few years.

On that list, the Srixons would have to be my favorite. Couldn't stand looking and mizunos shovels this year