2018 Official Forum Member Review - SuperSpeed Golf

hckymeyer

@revkev I definitely am thankful that we have a group of testers and forum members that keep us motivated. I don't think I would be outside at 7 p.m. doing this training as frequently without you guys. If I had bought this, without the same support and had the same results, this would be going in the closet. Wouldn't sell it, I'm too stubborn. You guys keep the motivation going.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

@02uwmadgrad Absolutely. Not complaining. I’m just relating that as I read the thread and weigh what appear to be the obvious effectiveness and benefits of the program against what I assess my ability to set aside the time (when I’ll have access to the space) over an extended period, I currently conclude that I will not be able to fulfill the protocol requirements.

If my assessment changes, then I’m all in and will gladly purchase the system. In fact I’m considering an off-season program with a not-so-nearby facility that would include fitness,instruction, and SS equipment.  Upside is the proper space and instruction. Downside is the commuting time and the cost.  

I think others are likely doing similar self assessments. 

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

42 minutes ago, L.I. Rich said:

@02uwmadgrad Absolutely. Not complaining. I’m just relating that as I read the thread and weigh what appear to be the obvious effectiveness and benefits of the program against what I assess my ability to set aside the time (when I’ll have access to the space) over an extended period, I currently conclude that I will not be able to fulfill the protocol requirements.

If my assessment changes, then I’m all in and will gladly purchase the system. In fact I’m considering an off-season program with a not-so-nearby facility that would include fitness,instruction, and SS equipment.  Upside is the proper space and instruction. Downside is the commuting time and the cost.  

I think others are likely doing similar self assessments. 

That's the most important bit entirely. 

Personally I'm all about "all-in" training, if I'm going to do something I'll prioritise it above almost anything, but you see people all the time who are constantly trying something new and not sticking with anything. 

SS is a great idea, but only if you'll stick with it, you'll see no gain just doing it every so often at random. Find what really works for you... Faster swing speed is great, but good contact will improve most people's game too so get a strike mat and hitting net if you think you'd use that more. No space? Chipping and short game is huge, get a chipping net instead and practice regularly. Want to be indoors? Get a PuttOut...

There are so many areas we amateurs can easily pick up shots you're best picking the options you'll actually use and stick with. You might love the idea of out driving your playing partners, but believe me, they'll notice if you start sticking all your chips within 6ft or draining every putt. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

Hmm, this whole thread has given me an idea...

To everyone participating in this thread, if you would be able to spare 10-15 minutes at any time at all and would like to help me conduct an experiment, could you please send me a private message. I'll let each of you individually know what I'd need from you (really simple and totally cost free, before anyone thinks I'm up to something 😉), but I'd like to keep it "under my hat" so to speak until I can give you some results...

You'll simply need somewhere you can hit a ball or two

Edited by Jon Brittan
  • Like 1

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

Week 7:
In case you missed my previous post, due to the unhealthy air from the California wildfires, my SuperSpeed training had to be put on hold. The air is breathable again, and I finally finished my 7th week (a week behind the rest). With the 7th week comes the start of our next protocol level which includes kneeling swings. The kneeling swings are tough! After my first session, my back was rather sore. For my other sessions, I had to rely on the “modified” swing for the kneeling position (standing swing with feet together) due to the recent rainy weather. I just received my Stability Pro mat from SuperSpeed today, so hopefully I can continue with the kneeling swings rain or shine moving forward! As with the others, my maximum speeds have dropped, but I’m sure much of this is due to the increase in number of swings per session.

1308276147_SSG-Week7.PNG.0552e125b033e1aa1f3ab6b51a4ed5bc.PNG

• Like 8
In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

I've just gained a new level of respect for my northern friends. Got my second session of week nine in tonight after work and was greeted to a temperature of 32 degrees. After layering up real good with thermals, a fleece jacket, and a beanie (toboggan to us southerners), I was good to go. I will say that a leather golf glove doesn't work out to well.  I even chose to only record my fastest speed ala Kenny. I usually record everything, but I decided to smart thing to do was save time and get back inside to a heater.

I had some good swings tonight hitting a high of 106 dominant and 103 non dominant. I say it was a good night and a great way to end the day. rps20181127_200055.thumb.jpg.dd9b08590c25dea588f527c2f9d2f764.jpg

I got an email from Kyle today asking for me to send a video of my swing so they can offer some advice. I'm hoping the rain that's forecasted for the weekend doesn't hit so I can head out to the range and take care of this.

@Kegger, the kneeling swings will get easier. After my first session my lower back was quite stiff, but as I've gotten used to it, it's not as bad. I'm glad to hear the air quality out in California has improved and an saddened by all the lives that have been affected by the fires. I'm glad to hear you're safe.

• Like 5

Daisy also volunteered to look at a video of my swing. I truly appreciate that. Instead I’ve scheduled a lesson. My teacher knows my swing. I had a poor range session today but I played well last Friday and know my issue a matter of sequencing.

On a great note my speed was back up in today’s workout. Was over 100 with all my green swings, 110 several times, fastest kneeling ever and over 100 several times lefty. I’m just faster in the afternoon than the morning. My better scores come in the afternoon. My faster swings come in the afternoon. I’m an afternoon evening golfer.

I prefer to write in the morning. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52, 56  

Ping Glide 3.0  Ping Eye 2 grind 58.8

L.A.B. Mezz.1 32.5"

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

I received the SuperSpeed Golf Kneeling pad and the Red club today.  Many thanks to Daisy and Kyle!  The pad seems nice and much better than the one I was using; but it doesn't have any assistance to help this 71-year old get off the ground!  😀

OMG!!  The Red club is heavy!  I am really impressed with all of the over 100 mph speeds I've been seeing from you guys with the Red club.  The Blue club has been my heaviest, and tomorrow I will be using the Green, Blue, and Red clubs.  I actually haven't seen much difference between the Yellow and Green clubs, so I don't think I will miss the Yellow club, but just getting the Red club out of the box, I can tell that it will be tough tomorrow. Wish me luck that I don't break something.

• Like 7

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

You all are doing great.. Keep it up.. 

@Kenny B I know the weather is about to get worse. Hang in there, I'm rooting for ya.. 

• Like 2

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

still following with interest as a few MPH increases can relate to getting to a wedge distance  instead of a 7 iron on approaches and who wouldnt want that....especially as Old Father Time is creeping up on us daily 😉 

I see this as perfect winter work for your swing, and your body mobility, might even ask Santa for a set 😉 

• Like 3

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

9 hours ago, revkev said:

I’m just faster in the afternoon than the morning. My better scores come in the afternoon. My faster swings come in the afternoon. I’m an afternoon evening golfer.

So @fozcycle and I will be playing with you in the arvo then? 😉

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 6.0
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: Fli Hi 3 & 4 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 80 6.0

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :mizuno-small: RB Tour or RB Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I received the SuperSpeed Golf Kneeling pad and the Red club today.  Many thanks to Daisy and Kyle!  The pad seems nice and much better than the one I was using; but it doesn't have any assistance to help this 71-year old get off the ground!  😀

OMG!!  The Red club is heavy!  I am really impressed with all of the over 100 mph speeds I've been seeing from you guys with the Red club.  The Blue club has been my heaviest, and tomorrow I will be using the Green, Blue, and Red clubs.  I actually haven't seen much difference between the Yellow and Green clubs, so I don't think I will miss the Yellow club, but just getting the Red club out of the box, I can tell that it will be tough tomorrow. Wish me luck that I don't break something.

@Kenny B The Red club has been a beast.  By the time I've done the exercises with the other two clubs I'm dreading having to swing the red Thor hammer!

Edited by 03trdblack
  • Like 4

My bag is a revolving door!

6 hours ago, Reesedw said:

You all are doing great.. Keep it up.. 

@Kenny B I know the weather is about to get worse. Hang in there, I'm rooting for ya.. 

Yes, looking at the long range forecast I am seeing low 20's next week.  I wish I had a place inside, but I don't.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

still following with interest as a few MPH increases can relate to getting to a wedge distance  instead of a 7 iron on approaches and who wouldnt want that....especially as Old Father Time is creeping up on us daily 😉 

I see this as perfect winter work for your swing, and your body mobility, might even ask Santa for a set 😉 

As long as you have a place inside, or warm weather, I think this is a great training program, and over the winter is the perfect time to get started.  

I don't do a lot of exercising, mostly stretching, but the warmup exercises don't take a lot of time and provide a good pre-golf regimen.  Even if I don't see a lot of speed increase over what I have already achieved, the protocol is a workout, and after all, it is a golf swing!!

• Like 2

Yes, looking at the long range forecast I am seeing low 20's next week.  I wish I had a place inside, but I don't.  
I'm with you on that, it would be nice to have somewhere indoors to do it. I'm wishing I would have bought a house with a garage. But, I think it gives our readers a good insight on what to expect and see what it's like to do it outside in the cold. It's a really good routine in the fact that the warm-up can be done indoors and the rest of the protocol goes by pretty quick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

@Kenny B The Red club has been a beast.  By the time I've done the exercises with the other two clubs I'm dreading having to swing the red Thor hammer!

I just finished my 2nd session this week, and first time with the Red club.  I am really pleased with the results.  Apparently, I like heavier clubs, which is why I play better with my driver than others that are lighter.

I'll post this week's results after the 3rd session on Friday, but here are some surprising highlights:

• After the 10 warmup swings with the Red club, I hit 101 mph with the Green club on my first swing.  I've been over 100 with Green before, but not many times.
  • I hit 102 mph with the Blue club on a normal swing; I've only been 100 and over 3 times previously and only on Step Change swings.  102 is a personal best with the Blue club.
  • Kneeling swing speeds were down a little.
  • Red club was 95 mph Normal swing and 99 mph Step Change!!
  • Using the Green club instead of the Yellow club for the final 3 swings produced 106 mph, a personal best with the Green club.

Maybe it was the warmer weather... 47º an sunny headed for a high of 56º

• Like 3

It's time for the good news, bad news report.

Good news: speeds are up—considerably. Here are my average numbers for the standing swings (no steps) for each club for the first four weeks:

image.png.f156aad53e872d7cc0b8d9e080f61d9c.png

And here are the numbers so far through two sessions this week:

image.png.2fc7a24ef980cf16bb90d8e304e40daa.png

I also had a crazy new personal best: a step-swing with the green club for 138mph!

This week, I added the kneeling swings and upped the reps to five for each set.

Now for the bad news: you know that red stick, the one called Thor's hammer earlier in the thread? Did you know that it's a bad thing if that flies out of your hand when you're swinging? Especially if [cough, cough] you're swinging in a church building?

Ugh.

That said, it could have been way worse. But I've applied a bit of wood putty to a part of the trim on a doorway. A little touch-up paint this afternoon and we'll be golden.

Here's the other "good" news to come out of the bad news: the impact did jar the end washer loose from my DIY club. But because I epoxied all the washers on, everything else stayed attached. So I'll be able to repair the club easily.

Two improvements to make to keep problems from happening going forward. First, I'm going to wear gloves on both hands. The release of the club happened on a left-hand step swing, and I didn't have a glove on my right hand. Definitely not doing that again.

Second, I'm going to refortify my pool noodle covers of the washers. The hole in the bottom of the noodle needs to be filled, to keep the weight from sliding down at impact.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

:titelist-small: TS3
:callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero 15°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 S
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 18.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:callaway-small: XR Pro 20°, Project X 75 Black HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX Iron-Wood 22°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 85g
:Sub70: 699 Pro, Modus3 105, 6–PW
:Sub70: Forged Black 50°, 54°, and 58°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0
:taylormade-small: TP5x

Full WITB with pictures

It's time for the good news, bad news report.
Good news: speeds are up—considerably. Here are my average numbers for the standing swings (no steps) for each club for the first four weeks:
image.png.f156aad53e872d7cc0b8d9e080f61d9c.png
And here are the numbers so far through two sessions this week:
image.png.2fc7a24ef980cf16bb90d8e304e40daa.png
I also had a crazy new personal best: a step-swing with the green club for 138mph!
This week, I added the kneeling swings and upped the reps to five for each set.
Now for the bad news: you know that red stick, the one called Thor's hammer earlier in the thread? Did you know that it's a bad thing if that flies out of your hand when you're swinging? Especially if [cough, cough] you're swinging in a church building?
Ugh.
That said, it could have been way worse. But I've applied a bit of wood putty to a part of the trim on a doorway. A little touch-up paint this afternoon and we'll be golden.
Here's the other "good" news to come out of the bad news: the impact did jar the end washer loose from my DIY club. But because I epoxied all the washers on, everything else stayed attached. So I'll be able to repair the club easily.
Two improvements to make to keep problems from happening going forward. First, I'm going to wear gloves on both hands. The release of the club happened on a left-hand step swing, and I didn't have a glove on my right hand. Definitely not doing that again.
Second, I'm going to refortify my pool noodle covers of the washers. The hole in the bottom of the noodle needs to be filled, to keep the weight from sliding down at impact.

138, that's an awesome number! You must've tapped into the speed force for that one. Keep up the good work, it's going to be interesting to see how your numbers look after the first six weeks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

138, that's an awesome number! You must've tapped into the speed force for that one. Keep up the good work, it's going to be interesting to see how your numbers look after the first six weeks.

Certainly willing to concede the possibility that it was a radar misread, but my sequence for the green step swings was 126, 133, 120, 138, 126, so even if the 138 was generous, I still had some good speed going there.

For my own part, I have to return to the discussion of the need for the radar: there is virtually no chance at all that I would be making this progress without the immediate feedback of the radar. I've gotten much better at taking a swing and knowing (even without looking) whether a given swing was fast or not, whereas when I first got the radar, there were lots of times when the reading was quite opposite of my expectations.

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TS3
:callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero 15°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 S
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 18.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:callaway-small: XR Pro 20°, Project X 75 Black HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX Iron-Wood 22°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 85g
:Sub70: 699 Pro, Modus3 105, 6–PW
:Sub70: Forged Black 50°, 54°, and 58°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0
:taylormade-small: TP5x

Full WITB with pictures

Certainly willing to concede the possibility that it was a radar misread, but my sequence for the green step swings was 126, 133, 120, 138, 126, so even if the 138 was generous, I still had some good speed going there.
For my own part, I have to return to the discussion of the need for the radar: there is virtually no chance at all that I would be making this progress without the immediate feedback of the radar. I've gotten much better at taking a swing and knowing (even without looking) whether a given swing was fast or not, whereas when I first got the radar, there were lots of times when the reading was quite opposite of my expectations.
I couldn't agree more with you about the radar. I think it's a valuable resource while using the SuperSpeed system. Anyone looking to purchase this system would be doing themselves a favor buying this along with the sticks. Like you, I've had some swings that surprised me, mostly in a good way. I have had some hiccups with it, swing fast and see something like 72. That's more of the exception than the norm. Plus, with the radar you get a feeling of encouragement when you see high numbers.

• Like 2