Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

8 minutes ago, Solesoul91 said:

Hey spies!

I caught the bug last summer, have been obsessed with improving my game for the last six months and eager to get the season started.

I'm Jersey city based, new to this site, finishing up a winter training program at galloping hill learning center in the next few weeks. Picked up a membership to Hudson golf simulator during the winter which has been fun as well.

playing Sunset valley tomorrow, first round of the season let’s go!!

I’m an engineering manager for a software company when I’m not swinging a club, also love pickleball!

When the bug bites, it bites hard!  Wish you the best of luck this season.

Driver: Callaway Epic

Irons: 4-PW Callaway Apex 

Wedges: 1 Vokey in 52, 1 Callaway in 60, and a Callaway in 56

Putter:  All over the place, Titleist SC Circa 62 model 3 mostly in the bag.

Hello,

I have been a member for a bit, but I have yet to fill this out.  I live in Buffalo, NY. My home course is Deerwood golf course. It’s a middling municipality course. I have been playing for 30 years. I fell in love with the game in 96’ when the shark lost at the masters. I remember after that going outside in the backyard immediately to chip around. I was astonished at how beautiful Augusta was. Before kids (BK) I had my handicap down to about 7. Now I’m a 12 with occasional showings of that 7 player. I love the game, one of my daughters love it as well so it helps me get out more. I have never bought any brand new clubs in my life. I have always gotten used. I’m currently hitting titleist 716 and titleist 905 driver. I have coney wedges that are probably 2005ish models. I have an old Odessa 2ball. I laugh because my kids first sets were both brand new and the hey played for just months before they got something new. lol. Anyways idc because I beat up most of my friends on the golf course with all their fancy gear. It’s the 30 years of experience that comes through while most of the just discovered the game in their late 30’s. Take care

B Good

Hello everyone,

I too have been on here for about a month.  I live in the Philadelphia suburbs.  I play at a private course named McCall Golf Club.  It is short, about 4400 yards from the back tees.  It is claustrophobic.  Tight fairways, small, well bunkered greens.  I just started playing avidly again about 2 and a half years ago.  I am 57 years old.  I've been playing since I was 11 years old.  My bag currently has Titleist 915D2 driver and 3 wood, Cleveland Laucher 7 wood, Tour Edge 3 hybrid, Hogan Edge 2023 irons with Senior flex shafts, Cleveland 49 degree gap wedge, Vokey 56 degree Sand wedge, and Ping Anser 2 putter.  I play whenever I have 3 hours to get out (the benefit of playing a short course 5 miles from home!).  I also walk whenever I can.  I just bought a TGW Weekender push cart so I dont have to carry.  I find walking enjoyable and the health benefits are awesome.  See you on the tee.

I've learned more life lessons on a golf course than in any school.  

I play golf.  What is Twitter?

Hey everyone, 

I've been following MGS for a long time, but I'm new to the forum. I'm not a  member at a private club, but my home course is White Clay Creek Country Club. I've been rapidly improving the last six months, so I don't have an exact handicap, but I play around 10-15 right now. I've been playing for around 5 years but only seriously for the last two. Since I started working at a golf retail store I have been able to learn from several PGA professionals and been able to regularly play alongside scratch golfers which has helped me a lot. Here's a quick WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 10* w/ TPT 15 series 

3w: Callaway GBB Epic 15* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrid: Titleist TS3 3hyb w/ Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: Cobra 2022 Forged Tec 4-PW w/ Modus 3 Tour 120

Wedges: Vokey SM8 52*, TM Milled Grind 56*, TM Milled Grind 3 60*

Edited by aph_cb
Spoiler

What's in my Sunday Golf Bag

:titleist-small: TSi 3 10* TPT 15 Series X-stiff

:callaway-small: GBB Epic 3w 15* Fujikura Pro 72 Stiff Flex

:titleist-small:TS3 3hyb Hzrdus Smoke Black 80 Stiff Flex

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec 4-PW Modus 3 Tour 120s

:titleist-small: Vokey SM8 Tour Chrome 52-08

:taylormade-small: Milled Grind Raw 56-12

:taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 Black 60

:bettinardi-1: 2016 BB1 w/ stability 

56 minutes ago, aph_cb said:

Hey everyone, 

I've been following MGS for a long time, but I'm new to the forum. I'm not a  member at a private club, but my home course is White Clay Creek Country Club. I've been rapidly improving the last six months, so I don't have an exact handicap, but I play around 10-15 right now. I've been playing for around 5 years but only seriously for the last two. Since I started working at a golf retail store I have been able to learn from several PGA professionals and been able to regularly play alongside scratch golfers which has helped me a lot. Here's a quick WITB:

i3 10.5* w/ TPT 15 series 

3w: Callaway GBB Epic 15* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrid: Titleist TS3 3hyb w/ Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: Cobra 2022 Forged Tec 4-PW w/ Modus 3 Tour 120

Wedges: Vokey SM8 52*, TM Milled Grind 56*, TM Milled Grind 3 60*

Welcome! Get ready for a great ride!!

Driver: image.png.f2fe7619b0a04dd4a12ac39783f39b10.png Aerojet LS 10.5 image.png.3c329ee54f4af0d332191de3b277d11b.png Kai Li 60R                 3 wood: default_taylormade-small.jpg.79932727ec2389ce0aa081d30367fb26.jpg M2

Irons: default_taylormade-small.jpg.37fc98ff7c0a349b54abfa700e702ccb.jpg Speedblades 4i-PW                                                 Wedge: Cleveland.png.d2fe634fd9a3aaef5fed913a65c8e7dd.png CBX

Sand:  Wilson.gif.d7be7e11732484fb3c7959312e0e3bf3.gif Wilson Pro Staff                                                    Putter: default_taylormade-small.jpg.37fc98ff7c0a349b54abfa700e702ccb.jpg Spider / Tester:  image.png.b7573f2e65bd0b7d6e014f5a8fa57579.png DF3

Ball: image.png.3706b1d653d1cf95b7231645d19bf8ad.png Pro shade                                                                        Cart: image.png.c49446b33f13453112cc2c4ef189d63d.pngQuad XL

"The more I work and practice, the luckier I seem to get.” -Gary Player

“The proper score for a businessman golfer is 90. If he is better than that he is neglecting his business. If he’s worse, he’s neglecting his golf.” -St Andrews Rotary Club Member

I've been playing for about 3 years.......I only count two because the first year I didn't have my own clubs nor was I taking it seriously. I'm currently around a 15 and have been shooting in the 80s pretty consistently over my last 10 rounds.

What do you love about golf?

I found mygolfspy while looking for equipment reviews. I am in desperate need of a new driver. I currently have a ping and hit it well but HATE the way it feels.

Orginally from the DMV. Home course is Laurel Hill.

The best thing about gold in this region I think is the difference in courses around the area. There are some links courses and if you want to play over some water or have a view during your round thats only a short drive away.

I am a consultant.

Lol I've never been good at making a fun username

15 minutes ago, jlowry22 said:

I've been playing for about 3 years.......I only count two because the first year I didn't have my own clubs nor was I taking it seriously. I'm currently around a 15 and have been shooting in the 80s pretty consistently over my last 10 rounds.

I found mygolfspy while looking for equipment reviews. I am in desperate need of a new driver. I currently have a ping and hit it well but HATE the way it feels.

Orginally from the DMV. Home course is Laurel Hill.

The best thing about gold in this region I think is the difference in courses around the area. There are some links courses and if you want to play over some water or have a view during your round thats only a short drive away.

I am a consultant.

Lol I've never been good at making a fun username

Welcome to MGS! 

DRIVER  CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Ai SMOKE MAX D w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65-S 10.5*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 75-S 15*

SUPER HYBRID CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Super Hybrid w/ UST Recoil DART 75-S 18*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 75-S 22*

IRONMIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 5i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105-S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115-W 48*/52*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

Check out my Tests...

Welcome to MGS @jlowry22 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Hello fellow Spies, I'm from VB and my home course is Cypress Point. Been playing golf since I was young but focused primarily on other sports specifically baseball until I finished my college career. Since then been addicted to Golf and playing as much as I can. As of right now I am a 7 HCP.

Love the challenges of golf, how you constantly strive for perfection but can't quite ever reach it but one pure shot keeps you coming back for more.

Originally I came to MyGolfSpy for equipment reviews but finally decided to join the community so here I am. 

Some of the best things about Golf in the 757 would be the variety of courses but lately the quality of the courses in my area seem to be diminishing even though prices keep increasing

I work in IT as a Systems Engineer

My username is my nickname.

WITB:

Driver: 9° Titleist TSR2 | Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60X

3+ Wood: 13° Cobra King F9 Speedback Tour | Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70S

3HF Wood: 16.5° Cobra Darkspeed X | Project X HZRDUS Black Gen 4 70S

Utility Iron: 18° Srixon ZX MKII 2 Iron | TGI Tour Graphite 100G (Rotate between this and my 3HF Wood)

Irons (4-GW): Srixon ZX7 MKII | KBS $-Taper 130X

Wedges: 55°/59° Mizuno T24 Copper | Nippon Moddus 125G Wedge

Putter: Meridian Charleston Mid-Slant

Balls: Srixon Z Star Diamonds | Srixon Z Star XV | Mizuno RB Tour X

Bag: Sun Mountain LS Supercharged Black (Looking to upgrade)

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I started playing golf when I was 4. My mom ran the junior golf program. My father was the President of Beacon Hill C.C. and my grandfather was the Club Champion. I have been playing for 34 years. My handicap floats between a 2-5 based off different times of the year. My scores are anywhere from -2 to +8. I would say I shoot 75 (+3) the most frequent at my home course.  

My grandfather/grandmother, mom/dad and sister all play. It was a family thing when I was a kid. Now I love the competition. I played high school and college golf. I still play in local and state tournaments. My nephews and niece just started playing. I love going to the range with them and teaching them. Golf has been a great way to spend time with family/friends and release my weekly stress. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I love testing new equipment and talking shop. I am obsessed with product reviews. I can not wait to try everything and anything.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Red Bank, NJ. My home course is Hominy Hill G.C. in Colts Neck NJ. It has been ranked one of NJ's top 10 public courses for years. I learned to play golf at Beacon Hill Country Club in Atlantic Highlands from the ages of 4-18.  

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

NJ weather and also 5 hour rounds.  

What do you do for a living?

School teacher. Been teaching 8th grade math for 12 years. I found a career that lets me play golf after 3pm daily and I have 2 months off in summer. 

How’d you pick your user name?

JoeyBananas = I have always hit a buttery cut in the shape of a banana 

Taylormade Mini Brnr (11.5 degree) w/ Fujikura Motore F1 7x 

Taylormade Sim Titanium 3 wood (13.5 degree) w/ Fujikura Motore F1 7x

Taylormade Sim 3 Hybrid w/ Fujikura Ventus 7x

Titleist T-MB 6-4 irons w/ True Temper AMT white shafts

Titleist 716CB P-7 w/ True Temper S300 shafts

Titleist Vokey wedges - 60.4 / 56.10 / 52.8

Putter - Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #5 

How long have you been playing golf? Played when younger now back into it 3-5years total. What’s your handicap or normal score? 10-12hcp

What do you love about golf? Getting outside and the challenge 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Learn more about products and meet local golf heads. Do you already know any other Spies? No

Where are you from? Eastern PA. What is your home course? Twin ponds

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Lots of courses to choose from, wish the season was longer  

What do you do for a living? Engineer 

How’d you pick your user name? Cause birds the word

Birds the Word

On 5/9/2024 at 2:19 PM, JoeyBananas said:

I have always hit a buttery cut in the shape of a banana 

Nice!!!

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? 

I've been playing for 4 years, just started taking it seriously this past year. I normally shoot high 80s low 90s.

2. What do you love about golf?

I love the community and meeting other people and the mental side of the game.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I'm on MyGolfSpy to find a great community. I don't know any other Spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

I am from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I play at Rolling Acres and Seven Oaks mostly.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best is it doesn't get too hot in the summer and the worst is all the rain during the spring.

6. What do you do for a living?

I am a student.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

nothing really to picking my username.

Posted (edited)
On 2/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Mid-Atlantic Region

New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

Hi all. I've been reading the forums for a while and just recently joined.

I'm 63 and I've been playing golf for about 40 years. I've been better than I am now and I've been worse.

I love the inner competition that golf gives me. I've always been athletic, but golf is a different kind of athletisism. 

I'm here to share my good and bad, read others good and bad and learn how I can get better, while also offering my two cents to others to maybe help them. 

I'm originally from Baton Rouge, LA but after college I joined the Air Force and haven't returned to South Louisiana to live. My first duty assignment was at Ramstein Air Base in Germany for 3 years then at the Pentagon for the last 6. I then moved into the defense industry and worked as a government contractor. My entire 30 years of government service was in the Intelligence Community.

I usually play at a couple different courses near my home here in Maryland. Walden Golf Club and Bowie Golf Club. I've made many trips to Myrtle Beach to play, as well as Pinehurst and recently to east Tennessee.

I retired from Lockheed-Martin in the spring of 2017.

I picked my user name because it's how I sometimes feel when playing, but I will never stop playing.

I look forward learning a lot from all of you and hopefully contributing as much as I can.

Edited by Whats-a-fairway

Drivers: Stix Compete & Stix Perform, stiff graphite

Fairways: Stix Perform 3 & 5 stiff graphite

Irons: Stix Perform 5-PW and Maltby KE4 Max 4-GW

Wedges: Stix 52, 56, 60 and Cleveland ZipCore CBX 50, 54

Putters: Stix mallet, Stix Butter Putter, Cleveland HB3 Soft

22 hours ago, Whats-a-fairway said:

Bowie Golf Club.

Hey, hey, another person local to me!!! Welcome to MGS, I've been on here for about a year and it's a great community of golfers.

I play Bowie every year in a tournament for one of my friends kid's school, it's a nice little track. I'll have to look into playing Walden, it's only 30 minutes from me and looks reasonably priced. How are conditions there?

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

7 minutes ago, NubianRugby said:

Hey, hey, another person local to me!!! Welcome to MGS, I've been on here for about a year and it's a great community of golfers.

I play Bowie every year in a tournament for one of my friends kid's school, it's a nice little track. I'll have to look into playing Walden, it's only 30 minutes from me and looks reasonably priced. How are conditions there?

Hey, I'm glad to see someone local as well.

I like Bowie too. It's fair and open-ish with a couple of testy holes and it's just a fun course. It looks and sounds like the new management is really making some needed improvements.

Walden is iffy. Sometimes it's okay but mostly it's spotty. Houses on about half of the holes. Number 2 is probably one of the most difficult holes in the area. But, it's close to me and it's relatively inexpensive.

Drivers: Stix Compete & Stix Perform, stiff graphite

Fairways: Stix Perform 3 & 5 stiff graphite

Irons: Stix Perform 5-PW and Maltby KE4 Max 4-GW

Wedges: Stix 52, 56, 60 and Cleveland ZipCore CBX 50, 54

Putters: Stix mallet, Stix Butter Putter, Cleveland HB3 Soft

1) I have been playing since about 2020, becoming more serious each year

2) My handicap is 15 currently, and I average around 92-94. My personal best is 82.

3) I love competing with myself and the course. It’s fun to compete with others but at the end of the day I love golfing because I can challenge myself physically and mentally on every stroke.

4) I found MyGolfSpy from golf ball reviews and wanted to become more active in a community where I can continue to learn and share my experiences.

5) I am from York PA. My home course is Honey Run Golf Club. It’s a great track, definitely one of the best in the area. If you’re in York county I highly recommend Royal Manchester as well!

6) Best thing about golfing in my area is there are 5+ courses within a 30 minute drive. Worst thing is prices skyrocketing.

7) I am a physical therapist for my day job (I’ve been told by other golfers I shouldn’t quit it yet)

-CY

• 2 weeks later...

1. I’m 42 and have played since my early 20’s. 

2. Handicap is a healthy 9.4 at the moment. With two kids ages 3 & 5, I’ll be really happy to keep it anywhere in that neighborhood. I’m lucky to have a steady Thursday night crew that of Dads that get together for golf, dinner, and beverages. 

3. Golf has been an obsession of mine that checks so many boxes. Spending time outside, enjoying the company of family (both my parents golf, hopefully my kids will enjoy the game at some point too), a little healthy competition with friends. I love having something that constantly challenges me to be better. There’s SO much to learn about this game and no matter what milestone you reach, there’s always something to push your game further. I love an early morning round by myself or a late afternoon playing 9 and racing the sun.

4. As an equipment and data junky, I’ve been following MGS for a while now. I love reading their equipment reviews and tests.  

5. I’m from Accord, NY which is in the Hudson Valley. My home course was Rondout Valley Golf Club until it was sold in 2018. It was redesigned by King/Collins of Sweetens Cove fame, but the price to play 18 is almost triple any other track within an hour so despite it being 5 minutes from home, I’ve only played it a handful of times. 

6. Which brings me to the best part of golf in the Hudson Valley. We have a wealth of great courses, with amazing mountain/valley views, that can be enjoyed for way less than $100/round (usually about half that!). If only it didn’t snow for 4 months out of the year…

7. I’ve been teaching beginning/elementary band to grades 4, 5, and 6 for 20 years. I think musicians are naturally drawn to golf, as we understand the value of putting time into honing a craft. The problem with being a musician who loves to golf is that musicians are perfectionists who are used to a high level of control over what we do when we perform. Golfing rips that feeling of control right out from under you and that’s why I love this game.

Callaway Epic 10.5° & 18°, Taylormade Rescue 22°, P790 5-P, Titleist SM9 50/54/58. Putter: Changes way to often

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2024 at 11:44 PM, leichliter_jake said:

I've been playing for 4 years, just started taking it seriously this past year. I normally shoot high 80s low 90s.

I love the community and meeting other people and the mental side of the game.

I'm on MyGolfSpy to find a great community. I don't know any other Spies.

I am from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I play at Rolling Acres and Seven Oaks mostly.

Best is it doesn't get too hot in the summer and the worst is all the rain during the spring.

I am a student.

nothing really to picking my username.

@leichliter_jake I'm from Uniontown, Pa I got family in the burgh and we get down there at least once a month to hit up the strip district and socialize with yinz!!!!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

On 4/6/2024 at 6:31 AM, DoubleOG-GIR said:

What's up!! I'm George from Va. The DMV/NOVA area. Travel golfer, 1 year in and played in 3 different countries and all over VA and the USA. Handicap just lowered to 16.7. Fully fitted bag. I'm addicted. Play every wekekdn and alteast 2 times a week. 

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• 1 year in June 2024. Just lowered from 18 to 16

• What's to not LOVE about golf? I love literally every aspect of game, I even love slow play, reflecting on my shots and strategy 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• I don't know anyone, yet. I love the golfspy posts and reviews.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

• Virginia. DMV/NOVA 
  • Home course: Augustine/Forest Greens

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• No bad things, we get every season, rain snow, sleet, hail, humid, dry, raining for days. And I get to play in all of it!! 

What do you do for a living?

• IT Government Contractor- Business/Capture Strategy 

How’d you pick your user name?

• It was the first thing that popped in my mind. 

My sister lives in Stafford and I briefly lived in Old Town Manassas

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

Hi everyone. My name is Sean. From the Baltimore area. New here and wanted to say hi and give a little info about me and maybe meet some fellow golfers in my area!

I've been playing for about 10 or so years. I've been really taking it more seriously the past 4 years. I'm a 16 handicap and shoot in the upper 80s to low 90s normally.

I love being outside. I love playing new courses and playing different layouts. I love the challenge and the constant working on the game.

To hopefully meet some fellow golfers in my area that love the game and maybe some new friends I can share this game with!

I live in Baltimore county and my home course is Rocky Point Golf Course

The best thing is the incredibleamountof courses/options we have to play here. The worst thing is since the covid boom it's nearly impossible to get tee times unless you're booking out weeks in advance.

I am an RN.

Been a user name I've used for years since college/college nickname.

Sean Martin 

Hi All!

1. I have been playing golf about 15 years but there was a 5-6 year period I didn't play much. I got back into it a couple years ago and got more serious. during this time, I've shaved 8-10 stroked off my score and I now typically shoot in the mid-80s

2. I love the process of trying to get better at golf, how there is no one correct way to swing/hit a shot, and being outdoors.

3. I saw MyGolfSpy testing and that is right down my ally! I enjoy researching products and MyGolfSpy is the pace to be.

4. I live in Northern VA. There are a handful of courses in the area that I frequent but I enjoy playing new courses. 

5. There are multiple courses in my area but the downnside is the price and pace of play (need to dedicate at least 5 hours for a round on the weekend).

6. I am an accountant

7. Based on my name and dwayne wades number (my favorite player when I was a kid!)

Nike Sasquatch Driver

Nike vrs 3 hybrid

Lazrus 6 hybrid

Nike vrs nexcore irons

Jaws raw 58 wedge

Cleveland sand wedge

PXG Hellcat putter

MGS New Member Introduction: Mid-Atlantic Region

1. How long have you been playing golf?  Almost 2 years
    What’s your handicap or normal score? 7

2. What do you love about golf? The challenge of putting it all together, learning the basics and then having to keep it all together as you become comfortable … then having to go through the basics every time you pick up that club. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Tester opportunities honestly got me here. I haven’t been very active, but I’ve been reading and I think I’m gonna like it here 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From the Gettysburg Pennsylvania area there are a pile of courses all around...Meadowbrook is one that I frequent because it is so unbelievably unexpected for the price it’s fantastic

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region
    ? it’s hard sometimes to play with others-to Find people to play with …people seem to have their own little groups and it’s hard to get them out of that. I’m not saying there aren’t a lot of opportunities, it’s just that they’re hard to find they’re not really publicized anywhere that I would normally look - information and things about different leagues during the week just fun play things like that, I’ve gotten from just by minute for a bucket of balls at the driving range and just got into a conversation with someone. I wish there was more information all in place all over the place.

6. What do you do for a living? I’m actually studying to take the Gettysburg national military Park Battlefield Guide exam in December. I’ve got two baskets. I’m gonna put all my eggs in them. If I don’t pass the test I’ll just play golf. 😅

7. How’d you pick your user name?I’m not even sure what my username is but it’s probably because my name is that and I live in Gettysburg

Edited by Djgettysburg
Accidently typed over the original quote

I have no patience.  The ONE exception is golf; I have all the patience in the world when practicing or playing. 
picked up clubs about a year and a half ago - play or practice daily (even in the rain) 7 hcp  40-something 🙄

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Started playing in 2013, and have played sporadically since. I do not have an official handicap but typically shoot in the low 90s

What do you love about golf? I love the hang, being in nature, and the slower pace of a round taking a few hours. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Lured by the idea of testing, now just here to see what other golf heads have to say. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? Queens, NY. My home course if Forest Park Golf Course.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The vibes are always immaculate and the diversity of playing partners in NYC. The worst is probably the pace of play on the weekends, but to be expected in a city like NYC.

What do you do for a living? Tennis Coach

How’d you pick your user name? It's my name lol

Brian Quiban- Tennis Coach & Girl Dad

WITB- Nike SQ Machspeed Irons, Nike VRS Covert Driver, Taylor Made RBZ Stage 2 Rescue 3 Hybrid, Titleist Vokey wedges,  Odyssey White Hot 2 Putter, 

• 2 weeks later...

Philly-area MGS folks: I'm headed up there next week for a couple days and will play a couple rounds while I'm up there. Two of the rounds are at private clubs in my network. If anyone wants to join, I'm happy to add you to my tee times — you'll just need to cover your own greens and cart fees.

Tuesday afternoon: Wyncote 

Wednesday late morning: North Hills Country Club

Thursday morning: Hartefeld National Golf Club

Alternatively, if someone has a better suggestion or course they want to get out to, I'm happy to play elsewhere. 

WITB

Callaway Mavrik Iron Set 5-PW,AW W/ Elevate 95 R-Flex Steel Shafts

Callaway Epic Max Star 10.5* Driver HZRDUS Smoke

Cleveland Golf 58-degree wedge

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

7 minutes ago, RajMahal said:

Philly-area MGS folks: I'm headed up there next week for a couple days and will play a couple rounds while I'm up there. Two of the rounds are at private clubs in my network. If anyone wants to join, I'm happy to add you to my tee times — you'll just need to cover your own greens and cart fees.

Tuesday afternoon: Wyncote 

Wednesday late morning: North Hills Country Club

Thursday morning: Hartefeld National Golf Club

Alternatively, if someone has a better suggestion or course they want to get out to, I'm happy to play elsewhere. 

Wyncote and hartefeld are very good courses.  Our golf league is tues evening or i'd join you at Wyncote.  Unfortunately I will be working the other days.  Have fun!!

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.