Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

On 2/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Mid-Atlantic Region

New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

Morning Everyone, 

Figure I'll give this a shot!

1.  I've been playing golf off and on my entire life. I grew up living on the 16th hole of the local CC. Spent a lot of time on my short game since I could walk out my back door and go practice. Early on I would walk to the driving range a few times a week for a few months, get frustrated, and not come back for 6 months haha. Now is most consistent I've ever been with it. Been playing practically every week since early 2020, logged 56 rounds in 2022, 40 in 2023. Currently I'm playing at a 14.5 HCP and almost broke 80 for the first time this past weekend (shot an 81). 

2.  I love chasing that feeling you get when you know you've hit a perfect shot. Love getting outside and playing with friends/family, golf course architecture, amongst other things as well.  

3.  I'm somewhat of an equipment junkie, I started following this page to see what's coming out and to read the reviews.

4.  I've lived in Dallas for the past 6 years but moved back home to Virginia Beach, VA a few weeks ago. Home course is the Princess Anne Country Club. Beautiful (and narrow) Par 70. https://golf.com/travel/best-short-courses-world-6000-yards/?fbclid=IwAR1GQuu2QUrzkulYe45bNd6NHulyEy5Gk0Pw7N7RgOrcZqfDzxGxyR7XsYg

5.  I need to dive into this a bit more since I just moved back. Hoping the muni's are good around here!

6.  Commercial Roofing 

7.  Just my initials/last name and area code

WITB Below:

WITB.jpg

WITB: 

D - TaylorMade SIM2

5W - PXG 0341

3HY - Callaway Apex

4-P - Titleist 718 AP3

48, 54, 60 - Vokey SM9

P - PXG Gunboat II

57 minutes ago, bbeck757 said:

Morning Everyone, 

Figure I'll give this a shot!

1.  I've been playing golf off and on my entire life. I grew up living on the 16th hole of the local CC. Spent a lot of time on my short game since I could walk out my back door and go practice. Early on I would walk to the driving range a few times a week for a few months, get frustrated, and not come back for 6 months haha. Now is most consistent I've ever been with it. Been playing practically every week since early 2020, logged 56 rounds in 2022, 40 in 2023. Currently I'm playing at a 14.5 HCP and almost broke 80 for the first time this past weekend (shot an 81). 

2.  I love chasing that feeling you get when you know you've hit a perfect shot. Love getting outside and playing with friends/family, golf course architecture, amongst other things as well.  

3.  I'm somewhat of an equipment junkie, I started following this page to see what's coming out and to read the reviews.

4.  I've lived in Dallas for the past 6 years but moved back home to Virginia Beach, VA a few weeks ago. Home course is the Princess Anne Country Club. Beautiful (and narrow) Par 70. https://golf.com/travel/best-short-courses-world-6000-yards/?fbclid=IwAR1GQuu2QUrzkulYe45bNd6NHulyEy5Gk0Pw7N7RgOrcZqfDzxGxyR7XsYg

5.  I need to dive into this a bit more since I just moved back. Hoping the muni's are good around here!

6.  Commercial Roofing 

7.  Just my initials/last name and area code

WITB Below:

WITB.jpg

Welcome aboard from the other end of the state!

Jnr

Greetings from South Central Pennsylvania. Age 68.  Retired.

Been playing since I was 15. 

Weekly golfer but primarily during the week to avoid crowded conditions at my local muni.

WITB All Titleist. Tsi3 D, ts2 3wd,910f 21 degree, tsr1 20 and 26 hybrids with mmt shafts. T350 6 thru 48 w with tensei red shafts. Vokey 52,56 and 60. Cameron Newport Studio 2 old trusty.

Curt melick 

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing for 30 years or so. Handicap started at 22 and got as low as 8, now back up to 11. 
I enjoy all aspects of the game and especially now that technology has made indoor practice viable. 
I'm a tinkerer and love to do my own equipment work. 
Home course is now Brookside CC in Allentown PA.

Nickname, too many to count over the years. lol. 

Take it back and let it go

1. I picked up golf after college and been playing ever since (22 years). I am an 18 to 20 handicap and shoot mainly in the 90s.  But working to change that. 

2. I love hitting the shot I want...there's nothing better. 

3. I love reading the test results. I know no one else.

4. From NY but live in NOVA...no real home course but right now...I been play Twin Lakes courses.

5. Alot of good courses but the cost is crazy. 

6. Auditor

7. Nothing special.

TT

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

What’s up all! Glad to be a part of the community!

1. I am a relatively new golfer (2 seasons). Still on a quest to break 100. I got close a few times last year, but still haven’t got over the hump just yet. 

2. I love the escapism that golf provides. After a stressful week, there’s nothing better than getting out on a Spring day and enjoying the outdoors with my buddies celebrating our success (and laughing at our failures) on the course.

3. I’ve been coming to MyGolfSpy for a bit checking out product reviews. Nice to see the forums are so active!

4. I live in Bucks County, PA and my home course is Makefield Highlands.

5. Best thing about golf is that there is a very active community in the area and most people are really cool and down to earth, not stuck up. Worst part is the winters and that period where it’s too cold to play.

6. I’m a radiology executive.

7. MP = My initials and 215 = I am originally from Northeast Philly

Excited to chop it up with y’all!

Driver: PXG 0211 (2022)

Fairway: 3W- PXG 0211 (2022) | 5W- Cobra Air-X (2022)

4H/5H: Cobra Air-X (2022)

6i-PW,SW: PXG 0211z

GW/LW: Wilson Harmonized

Putter: Odyssey DFX 1

1. Playing for just over a year now. Arccos claims it varies between 18.5-19.0
  2. It's a fun challenging thing. It's been very satisfying to be able to see tangible results from practicing more along with my group of friends that started when I did.
  3. I've always enjoyed data heavy reviews with all kinds of products. I don't know anyone else personally who regularly reads the stuff here though.
  4. Hampton Roads area, actually remarkably close to the current HQ. I really enjoy playing Colonial Heritage in the Williamsburg area, but most played would likely be the municipal Deer Run/Cardinal courses in Newport News.
  5. I really enjoy being able to play year round here. It gets cold sometimes but it doesn't stay that way for long. I don't really have any complaints to be honest.
  6. I develop software applications, automation and data analysis tools for the army. Probably explains the enjoyment of all the data backed reviewing done here.
  7. Gamertag from childhood years that I've stuck with all this time.

WITB:

:ping-small: G425 Max 9º
:Fuji: Ventus TR Blue 6-S
:ping-small: G430 19º Hybrid
:srixon-small: ZX5 MKII 4-PW
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°, 54°,58°
:odyssey-small: AI-ONE Milled #7 

Copper WITB on special occasions:

:ping-small: Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW Black Dot
:ping-small: Heppler Tomcat 14 

Edited by Remorce
Forgot witb

WITB:
:ping-small: G430 19º Hybrid
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50° S, 54° E, 58° E

On 2/8/2024 at 9:13 AM, Remorce said:
  2. It's a fun challenging thing. It's been very satisfying to be able to see tangible results from practicing more along with my group of friends that started when I did.
  3. I've always enjoyed data heavy reviews with all kinds of products. I don't know anyone else personally who regularly reads the stuff here though.
  4. Hampton Roads area, actually remarkably close to the current HQ. I really enjoy playing Colonial Heritage in the Williamsburg area, but most played would likely be the municipal Deer Run/Cardinal courses in Newport News.
  5. I really enjoy being able to play year round here. It gets cold sometimes but it doesn't stay that way for long. I don't really have any complaints to be honest.
  6. I develop software applications, automation and data analysis tools for the army. Probably explains the enjoyment of all the data backed reviewing done here.

WITB:

Welcome aboard!

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

I don't think I have done this yet, which means I have been failing. Any how, My name is Branden and I have been in the military for might as well say 19 years now. So I am looking forward to retirement. I've been golfing I guess you could say since 2016, but I didn't take it serious until 2020 when everything but golf courses were shut down. That was down in Florida and I transferred up to Virginia in 2021.  I do live in the Hampton roads area and used to live in Virginia Beach and used to play Bow Creek before the city said they were going to transform it into a water run off area. Now I live further north and I guess my home course now would be the Cardinal Course at Newport News Golf Club. My current Golf bag is a Subtle Patriot Tier 1 14 way cart bag. My club setup for the time being is a Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9 degree driver(soon to be be a Callaway Paradym) I have a 5 and 7 wood from PXG and are the 0341 models. My current Irons are GEN 4 PXG 0311 XP 5-GW with X-stiff shafts. my wedges are Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degrees. My putter is a Cobra 3D printed Supernova. I switched golf balls this year to be using the Wilson Triad ball. I will have an unofficial review about that posted soon. The finishing touches are being applied. If anyone is in the Hampton Roads area and wants to go get a round in, most weekends I am free and would love to go play and have great conversations about life and golf. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

On 2/8/2024 at 9:13 AM, Remorce said:

WITB:

WELCOME!

I'm from the same area so hope to meet ya on course 1 day!

DRIVER PING.png G425 MAX w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 55 S 12*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 65 S 15*

HYBRID PING.png G425 2h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 65 S 17*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 65 S 22*

IRONS MIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115 W 50*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

22 hours ago, Wheelieb said:

I don't think I have done this yet, which means I have been failing. Any how, My name is Branden and I have been in the military for might as well say 19 years now. So I am looking forward to retirement. I've been golfing I guess you could say since 2016, but I didn't take it serious until 2020 when everything but golf courses were shut down. That was down in Florida and I transferred up to Virginia in 2021.  I do live in the Hampton roads area and used to live in Virginia Beach and used to play Bow Creek before the city said they were going to transform it into a water run off area. Now I live further north and I guess my home course now would be the Cardinal Course at Newport News Golf Club. My current Golf bag is a Subtle Patriot Tier 1 14 way cart bag. My club setup for the time being is a Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9 degree driver(soon to be be a Callaway Paradym) I have a 5 and 7 wood from PXG and are the 0341 models. My current Irons are GEN 4 PXG 0311 XP 5-GW with X-stiff shafts. my wedges are Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degrees. My putter is a Cobra 3D printed Supernova. I switched golf balls this year to be using the Wilson Triad ball. I will have an unofficial review about that posted soon. The finishing touches are being applied. If anyone is in the Hampton Roads area and wants to go get a round in, most weekends I am free and would love to go play and have great conversations about life and golf. 

Good morning and WELCOME! Even if you've already been here for a bit haha

From the same area. Love the fact that we have so many different types of courses close by. Hope we can meet on course 1 day!!

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 65 S 15*

IRONS MIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

23 hours ago, Wheelieb said:

What'd you do in the military? Ive been out little over 2 years now, never had the pleasure of serving the VA(heard the traffic is an absolute nightmare)I was in Groton and San Diego on subs where we had our own bases.

Ian Lydon

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9.5

3W: Cobra LTDx

3H: Callaway XR 16 Pro

Irons: Titleist T100 (2023) PW-6, Titleist T200 (2023) 5-4

Wedges: Sub 70 (52 and 58 Tester)

Putter: Ping Anser G2

2 minutes ago, DonnieGolfs said:

What'd you do in the military? Ive been out little over 2 years now, never had the pleasure of serving the VA(heard the traffic is an absolute nightmare)I was in Groton and San Diego on subs where we had our own bases.

Be glad about not serving in VA. I'm a Gunners Mate, and for all the non Navy/non-military folks, that just means I do paperwork....But you are correct, traffic is a nightmare more so now with them doing the construction for the new bridge tunnel so we can have 4 lanes backed up instead of just 2. I've got a little over a year and I will be done.

Ping Prime Tyne 4

27 minutes ago, Wheelieb said:

Be glad about not serving in VA. I'm a Gunners Mate, and for all the non Navy/non-military folks, that just means I do paperwork....But you are correct, traffic is a nightmare more so now with them doing the construction for the new bridge tunnel so we can have 4 lanes backed up instead of just 2. I've got a little over a year and I will be done.

Sounds like the perfect time to get the golf game in shape with hopefully some well deserved free time incoming.

Ian Lydon

1 minute ago, DonnieGolfs said:

Sounds like the perfect time to get the golf game in shape with hopefully some well deserved free time incoming.

That's part of the plan, the part is going to school and finding another job after the 20 years of being in

Ping Prime Tyne 4

Just now, Wheelieb said:

That's part of the plan, the part is going to school and finding another job after the 20 years of being in

If you can definitely look into your Ch. 31 benefits before you touch your GI bill. If there's any certs you want to try and get before you get out you can cash in your TA also. I was able to do my Project Management work through TA before I got out, it was 6 months of school. Was tough doing it while on a sea going command but saved me a ton of money. The 31 benefits also run longer than your GI bill, so gives you more time and support to transition which has been super helpful. It also maintains the GI bill completely intact so you can use that for follow on degrees or pass that along to dependents. If you have any questions I can help from the service member stand point 

Ian Lydon

30 minutes ago, DonnieGolfs said:

If you can definitely look into your Ch. 31 benefits before you touch your GI bill. If there's any certs you want to try and get before you get out you can cash in your TA also. I was able to do my Project Management work through TA before I got out, it was 6 months of school. Was tough doing it while on a sea going command but saved me a ton of money. The 31 benefits also run longer than your GI bill, so gives you more time and support to transition which has been super helpful. It also maintains the GI bill completely intact so you can use that for follow on degrees or pass that along to dependents. If you have any questions I can help from the service member stand point 

That is awesome. I did not know that at all. Thank you for that bit of info, although I only have maybe 6 months to use TA now

Ping Prime Tyne 4

2 hours ago, Wheelieb said:

Depending on what your interesting in both the Norfolk Navel shipyard & Newport News shipyard would be glad to take you! They love prior military and honestly it is not a bad place to work/pays well for the work. I worked at Newport News for 10yrs on subs doing multiple different jobs until I got an offer I couldn't say no to haha

5 hours ago, JAYER38 said:

Depending on what your interesting in both the Norfolk Navel shipyard & Newport News shipyard would be glad to take you! They love prior military and honestly it is not a bad place to work/pays well for the work. I worked at Newport News for 10yrs on subs doing multiple different jobs until I got an offer I couldn't say no to haha

While I thank you for the tid bit of info for the shipyards, I just don’t think I will continues down that path of ship related things to do when I retire. Kind of want something more low speed low drag so I can relax more

Ping Prime Tyne 4

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? -  I have been playing since I graduated college in 2010, but playing seriously for the last 3 years. current Handicap is 12.1. 
  2. What do you love about golf? - Being outside and enjoying time with my friends. I love that fact that we travel to play and get to experience new places in the name of golf. 
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - I really enjoy the product reviews and being able to stay up-to-date with all things golf in one location. I am lucky enough to live pretty close to MGS HQ so I have met a few. 
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? - I live in Yorktown, VA and my home course is Williamsburg Golf Club
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - Best - we can generally play year round with a few exceptions. Worst - it can get WET!
  6. What do you do for a living? - I work for NASA
  7. How’d you pick your user name? - I am not creative, its my name shortened. 

Driver - Taylormade Sim Max 10.5*

3 wood - Taylormade Sim  2 Max 15* - 

5 wood - Taylormade Sim 2 19*- 

4-PW - Mizuno 921 Hot Metal Pro

50*/54*/58* - Vokey SM9

Putter - Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

1 minute ago, Brycwade said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? -  I have been playing since I graduated college in 2010, but playing seriously for the last 3 years. current Handicap is 12.1. 
  2. What do you love about golf? - Being outside and enjoying time with my friends. I love that fact that we travel to play and get to experience new places in the name of golf. 
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? - I really enjoy the product reviews and being able to stay up-to-date with all things golf in one location. I am lucky enough to live pretty close to MGS HQ so I have met a few. 
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? - I live in Yorktown, VA and my home course is Williamsburg Golf Club
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? - Best - we can generally play year round with a few exceptions. Worst - it can get WET!

WELCOME! to MGS. Always a good time here.

Glad to see another local guy join the forum

22 hours ago, Brycwade said:

Welcome to the Forum.  

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  My dad is a superintendent so I've always played but for a long time it was only a few times a year.  Now it's 4x a week and I'm currently a 6.5 index.

What do you love about golf? I love the challenge.  The competition both with yourself and others.  I love walking, being outside.  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Stumbled across it.  I don't think I know any others?

Where are you from? What is your home course?  Outside Philadelphia,PA.  Home course is concord country club

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Lots of courses nearby.  Lots of opportunities to play in tournaments.  The worst is the winter.

What do you do for a living?retired 

How’d you pick your user name? First initial and last name?

Bill Gustave

Callaway Rogue St Trupple Diamond LS Driver

Callaway Steelhead 4+ Fairway wood

Callaway Rogue St Max 3 Hybrid

Callaway Apex 21 irons 5 thru PW

Vokey SM9 wedges 48,52,56

Scotty Cameron Select Newport Putter

Ball - Prov1x

Found this website a few years ago but never really got involved other than reading their quality reviews. 

How long have you been playing golf? I'm 70 and started playing golf in my early 30's. Didn't have time until my kids got a little older.

What’s your handicap or normal score? I'm currently a 4.1 index playing the senior tees at my home course.

What do you love about golf? The personal challenge. Always looking for ways to improve and be more consistent.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? 

The equipment reviews. They're some of the best anywhere. Not tied to any particular brand!

Do you already know any other Spies?

Not that I know of!

Where are you from?

I live in Emmitsburg, MD

What is your home course?

Waynesboro Country Club

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Lots of nice places to play but the slow play can be a killer!

What do you do for a living?

Retired!

How’d you pick your user name?

RNG stands for Random Number Generator. Describes my golf perfectly!

Callaway Epic Driver & 3 wood

3 & 5 Stealth Hybrids

Taylormade Burner irons 6-GW

Odyssey Ten putter.

18 minutes ago, RNG said:

Found this website a few years ago but never really got involved other than reading their quality reviews. 

How long have you been playing golf? I'm 70 and started playing golf in my early 30's. Didn't have time until my kids got a little older.

What’s your handicap or normal score? I'm currently a 4.1 index playing the senior tees at my home course.

What do you love about golf? The personal challenge. Always looking for ways to improve and be more consistent.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? 

The equipment reviews. They're some of the best anywhere. Not tied to any particular brand!

Do you already know any other Spies?

Not that I know of!

Where are you from?

I live in Emmitsburg, MD

What is your home course?

Waynesboro Country Club

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Lots of nice places to play but the slow play can be a killer!

What do you do for a living?

Retired!

How’d you pick your user name?

RNG stands for Random Number Generator. Describes my golf perfectly!

WELCOME!!! The user naming meaning makes for me just saying haha

Happy to jump in here. Longtime MGS follower. Only realized there was a forum.

1) started when I was 9 played for like 10 years, then stopped again until COVID. Back playing ever since and regretting my 12 year hiatus.

2) 7-12 over par depending. Haven’t gotten an official one as yet.

3) enjoy using it as a vehicle to meet new people, get out and explore new places, and generally to get away from the world and its issues for a few hours.

4) longtime follower. Only figured out there was a forum recently!

5) originally from Northern Ireland. Home course was Scrabo. Now live in Delaware. Don’t have a “home course”. Like to travel and play all the local spots (aka finds the cheapest rate on GolfNow!)

6) best…. lots of courses to choose from. Worst. Lots of top private courses which are just infuriatingly beautiful to drive past and not able to play.
7) coaching and business development

Driver: TSR3 w/Red Ventus Velo 7x

3w: TSi3 w/Red Ventus Velo 7x

hybrid: TS 3 w/Tensei CK Blue

irons: Nike VR combo. 3-6 split cavity, 7-Pw blade X100

wedges: sm9 52, RTX zipcore 58

putter: SC Select Flowback 5

Hey, I'm Kyle.

I'm new to golf as my friends have gotten me into it. WIYB: I just have a cheap beginner Top Flite set now and I hope to get a better set once I improve. So far, I'm in love with golf and play multiple times a week my my friends.

Thanks,

Kyle

I have been playing golf for 20 years, I started when I was 4 years old. My handicap is currently 2.3 and I average in the mid to high 70s. 

I love being able to go outside and enjoy nice weather. I also love that it is a game you can enjoy with friends and family regardless of skill differences.  

I've seen some of the discussions on this website and some of the news articles and I found it very interesting to read other golfers opinions on certain topics. I don't know any other Spies

I am from Long Island, NY. I don't have a home course, but I play at Bethpage State Park courses the most. 

Best is the amount of famous courses/top courses in the world that are scattered throughout the Island. Worst is that it gets too cold to play from November - Mid March, with the exception of random warmer days. 

I am a data analyst for a marketing company. 

It's my first name and my hockey number. 

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 9.0, Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Fairway: Cobra Radspeed 3W, Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 3 hybrid/ titleist U500 3 Iron

Irons: 4-PW Mizuno MP-20 SEL, DG X100 Tour Issue

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 4 - 50, 54, 58, DG S400 Tour Issue

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro #9

Ball: ProV1