Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

On 8/17/2023 at 12:00 PM, maccardi said:

Good afternoon all, 

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself to the community. I’m a former golf course superintendent from a top facility in Western, NY. For all intensive purposes I really only picked the game up back in 2020 after taking a new sales position within the industry. I have been trying since to become the best possible player I can be. I still serve the golf course industry, with a concentration in the maintenance/turf sales side of the game. I love helping out other superintendents all over Western NY and Western PA to help them produce the best possible scoring conditions for all of us. Love the golf industry and look forward to getting to know some of you through this great online community of golf nuts. If you have any questions with regards to playing conditions or grass itself, feel free to reach out. 

What’s in the bag: 

Ping G24 Max, Titleist F13 3-wood, Taylor Made TW 3I, Titleist 2012 AP2s with True Temper X100 shafts, 4 Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56, 60, and a Scotty Newport 2. 

Definitely need an upgrade for the irons and wedges, little older but still work quite well. Wedges if anything are old and worn but with two young boys, makes it hard to justify spending the cash right now. 

Look forward to hearing from some of you. 

Thanks, 

Matt. 

Hi Matt

Welcome to the world of Spies!  Just over Pennsylvania border!

B

On 8/17/2023 at 12:00 PM, maccardi said:

Good afternoon all, 

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself to the community. I’m a former golf course superintendent from a top facility in Western, NY. For all intensive purposes I really only picked the game up back in 2020 after taking a new sales position within the industry. I have been trying since to become the best possible player I can be. I still serve the golf course industry, with a concentration in the maintenance/turf sales side of the game. I love helping out other superintendents all over Western NY and Western PA to help them produce the best possible scoring conditions for all of us. Love the golf industry and look forward to getting to know some of you through this great online community of golf nuts. If you have any questions with regards to playing conditions or grass itself, feel free to reach out. 

What’s in the bag: 

Ping G24 Max, Titleist F13 3-wood, Taylor Made TW 3I, Titleist 2012 AP2s with True Temper X100 shafts, 4 Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56, 60, and a Scotty Newport 2. 

Definitely need an upgrade for the irons and wedges, little older but still work quite well. Wedges if anything are old and worn but with two young boys, makes it hard to justify spending the cash right now. 

Look forward to hearing from some of you. 

Thanks, 

Matt. 

Matt, it's good to see another Western NYer in the forum and one from the second best city in the region 😉 so you know I am kidding, son has been at RIT 4 years now and I had a 4 year Army Reserve command in Webster, also was chosen to play the PGA HOPE Secretary's Cup at Penfield and was a Standard Bearer for the PGA Championship at Oak Hill both in May this year.  I'm an active Graduate of the WNY PGA HOPE section and volunteer and many of the sessions being held this summer across the WNY Section.

No question you will find some great people here in the Forum and meetups are a great way to connect and get involved with people like me who also contribute frequently.  Hope our paths cross on the golf course and across the area.

Welcome in! 
Derek

Derek 🖌️ Verified Hack, ~21 handicap 🙂  Golf for exercise and peace of mind.  ⛳

|> Big Dogs: First Strike Rattlesnake (10)TeelessTM (13), Tommy Armour TA1 3h :1332069271_TommyArmour: (19)Ginty Trouble Club 1582792763_GintyLogo(4)35h.jpg.fc3c835085ee4b6630b4ac7543b068c3.jpg (29)

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  

|> Wedges: Worx 429668682_worx30.png.ecb184a97c8fb80112252b57c05f40c2.png (55)  Lovett 1857218720_LovetSandWedge2(2)30v.jpg.e22c477791c7dd1d962d07e9624df8cf.jpg (59) 

|> Flatstick: L.A.B. Golf DF2.1  ⛳ 2104071333_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.4a85e684857a33281ff6a12753532913.jpg  1935535164_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.4af6ce349cb7b5117d2a8bb409c4b51f.jpg :OnCore: :footjoy-small:

⛳  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  1197970276_COBALTicon15tall.jpg.92ebd5a63e6ab7d194096885e37eeb52.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️ SwingU2023logowhite30.jpg.238c607458394f36c7b0cd29738166fc.jpgPremium  

💻 1529843961_EPLogosm.jpg.3a2a74e3a5b6c64d4cdd1489a5d253b0.jpgMGS Logo  🌐 646255544_dghLogo30.jpg.9383a65e038b6a10ea92d0ada58bbc58.jpgBall mark   ⛳   IGBRC  International Golf Ball Rescue Commission / Founder

295785881_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.6317ecb613080e94b9fe996cd81462c1.png Graduate/Mentor     1698190715_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.f28e1067b8bbf26fbd9d4c6c277f1a5d.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-12.png.8c8aee17ee565b3b96970802313957f9.png ⛳  2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes :Inesis:

2022 Official Tester - L.A.B.Putters 1382751340_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.c054d635e47d481685d732a542e111af.jpg  ⛳ 2023 Official Tester - Red Rooster Sussex Golf Glove  :redrooster:

2023 Official Tester - Lean Lock Putter LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg  ⛳  2024 Official Tester - Callaway Smoke Driver :callaway-small:

It's all lies I tell you, everywhere the golf ball comes to rest! ⛳

I have been playing golf for roughly 25 years. I picked up the game around 10 years old because my dad played. My dad is my bestfriend and the time we have spent together on the course over the years is something i cherish very much. 

I am a 4 handicap. But, much like everyone else, my breakfast ball handicap is scratch...

There are a plethora of reasons i love the game of golf. One of them is the challenge. And the satisfaction of successfully pulling off shots that you have spent hours and hours practicing.

I ended up on golfspy via an add looking for testers. 

I am from Yorktown, VA and I consider Deer Run GC in Newport News my home course.

The best thing about golf in my area is the wide range of courses we have to offer. From The Golden Horseshoe in Williamsburg. Royal New Kent in New Kent. Piankitank River GC in Saluda. Virginia Beach National in VA Beach. Kingsmill River Course in Williamsburg.

The thing i dislike about golf in my area is the lack of effort the courses put into educating/informing golfers about repairing ball marks on the greens. I imagine this isnt just a local issue. But imo its the one thing that separates a course from being top notch to being just another golf course. I donate 5 hours a week to my local courses to repairing ball marks and picking up broken tees on the boxes. It is my belief that a simple verbal reminder from the proshop before your round along with signs posted around the greens would make a dramatic difference. And those things arent expensive in comparison to the cost that unrepaired ball marks leave on the course. 

I am a General Contractor. 

My screename is my nickname with my favorite number attached

Edited by McNalls44
Didnt finish

Ryan McNally

18 hours ago, McNalls44 said:

I have been playing golf for roughly 25 years. I picked up the game around 10 years old because my dad played. My dad is my bestfriend and the time we have spent together on the course over the years is something i cherish very much. 

I am a 4 handicap. But, much like everyone else, my breakfast ball handicap is scratch...

There are a plethora of reasons i love the game of golf. One of them is the challenge. And the satisfaction of successfully pulling off shots that you have spent hours and hours practicing.

I ended up on golfspy via an add looking for testers. 

I am from Yorktown, VA and I consider Deer Run GC in Newport News my home course.

The best thing about golf in my area is the wide range of courses we have to offer. From The Golden Horseshoe in Williamsburg. Royal New Kent in New Kent. Piankitank River GC in Saluda. Virginia Beach National in VA Beach. Kingsmill River Course in Williamsburg.

The thing i dislike about golf in my area is the lack of effort the courses put into educating/informing golfers about repairing ball marks on the greens. I imagine this isnt just a local issue. But imo its the one thing that separates a course from being top notch to being just another golf course. I donate 5 hours a week to my local courses to repairing ball marks and picking up broken tees on the boxes. It is my belief that a simple verbal reminder from the proshop before your round along with signs posted around the greens would make a dramatic difference. And those things arent expensive in comparison to the cost that unrepaired ball marks leave on the course. 

I am a General Contractor. 

My screename is my nickname with my favorite number attached

Welcome to the forum.  I am looking forward to following your posts.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

Hi everyone, I'm Eric Magnell from Arlington, VA.   Here's my short introduction and background.

1. How long have you been playing golf?  I've been playing golf off and on for almost 38 years now.  My father was in the Army and I learned to play golf when we were stationed in Seoul, Korea in the 1980s.  My parents signed me up for a week of group lessons, but I mostly taught myself to play from carefully reading and rereading Jack Niklaus' "Golf My Way."  

2. What's your handicap or normal score?  I've not been playing golf regularly enough to have an official handicap, but I typically shoot in the mid- to high-80s to 90.  My challenge is limiting double bogeys rather than trying to make birdies. 

3. What do you love about golf?  Wow, okay.  For me golf has been an inconsistent - on again, off again - part of my life.  I've rarely played more than 5 to 10 rounds of golf in a year, but I have always loved playing.  I love that every round of golf challenges you to be strong mentally, physically, emotionally, and morally.  I love that these challenges are still there - with maybe just a few differences - at 50 years old in the same way that they were when I was 15.  I love that elusive feeling when your swing is perfect and you hit the ball flush and it lands right where you want it to go - the same feeling of sinking a long birdie putt.  I love being outside and the exercise from walking 18 holes.  I love the camaraderie of playing in a four-person scramble, driving carts and drinking beer.   

4.  What brings you to MyGolfSpy?  Initially, I found the site when I was searching for club reviews.  I joined the forum because I think I'd enjoy the conversations and community. 

5. Do you already know any other Spies?  Nope

6. Where are you from?  Grew up all over.  Have lived in Arlington, VA since 2007.

7. What is your home course?  I don't really have one.  I play a lot of the municipal courses in the area (Fairfax county has some great courses) and also the courses on military bases like Fort Belvoir, Andrews Air Force Base, and Quantico Marine Corps Base. 

8.  What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  

9. What do you do for a living?  I'm a retired Army officer and for the last few years I've been helping to set up the US Space Force. 

10. How'd you pick your username?  It's just my nickname plus the code for my old job in the Army. 

I'm looking forward to meeting (virtually) more of the community and hopefully continuing to learn more and improve my golf game.

Edited by Mags12B5V

Driver: :taylormade-small: RocketBallz Stage 2

Irons: :taylormade-small: R11

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 and 58

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG#1

Hello All, Frank from Westchester, NY 

- I have been playing golf for about 4 years.  Originally, I picked it up in my early 20s since it was fun messing around with my friends; nothing serious back then.  Then Marriage and kids came.  Fast forward 30 years and we were all couped up during the pandemic in the summer of 2020. Everything was locked down at the time, as you all know. The family stuck in the house going bonkers.  We read one day that golf courses were opening up.  Me and 2 of my kids jumped at the chance to get out.  We had the best time- not score wise mind you- but it was the first time in quite awhile that it seemed we were normal.  It was just the 3 of us, walking outdoors, breathing fresh air, laughing and just having a good time.  Our scores were terrible that day, but we didn't care - it was a great memory for me.  Since that day, I've been hooked on golf.

- I found MyGolfSpy from Instagram, I think. Today I thought I'd explore the content some more.

- Westchester, NY is where I live.  Don't have a particular home course, but play the Westchester muni courses, as well as courses in CT.

- I am a lawyer.

Cobra Drivers and Callaway Irons and Wedges.  Still looking for the right Putter and Hybrids.

5 hours ago, Mags12B5V said:

Hi everyone, I'm Eric Magnell from Arlington, VA.   Here's my short introduction and background.

1. How long have you been playing golf?  I've been playing golf off and on for almost 38 years now.  My father was in the Army and I learned to play golf when we were stationed in Seoul, Korea in the 1980s.  My parents signed me up for a week of group lessons, but I mostly taught myself to play from carefully reading and rereading Jack Niklaus' "Golf My Way."  

2. What's your handicap or normal score?  I've not been playing golf regularly enough to have an official handicap, but I typically shoot in the mid- to high-80s to 90.  My challenge is limiting double bogeys rather than trying to make birdies. 

3. What do you love about golf?  Wow, okay.  For me golf has been an inconsistent - on again, off again - part of my life.  I've rarely played more than 5 to 10 rounds of golf in a year, but I have always loved playing.  I love that every round of golf challenges you to be strong mentally, physically, emotionally, and morally.  I love that these challenges are still there - with maybe just a few differences - at 50 years old in the same way that they were when I was 15.  I love that elusive feeling when your swing is perfect and you hit the ball flush and it lands right where you want it to go - the same feeling of sinking a long birdie putt.  I love being outside and the exercise from walking 18 holes.  I love the camaraderie of playing in a four-person scramble, driving carts and drinking beer.   

4.  What brings you to MyGolfSpy?  Initially, I found the site when I was searching for club reviews.  I joined the forum because I think I'd enjoy the conversations and community. 

6. Where are you from?  Grew up all over.  Have lived in Arlington, VA since 2007.

7. What is your home course?  I don't really have one.  I play a lot of the municipal courses in the area (Fairfax county has some great courses) and also the courses on military bases like Fort Belvoir, Andrews Air Force Base, and Quantico Marine Corps Base. 

9. What do you do for a living?  I'm a retired Army officer and for the last few years I've been helping to set up the US Space Force. 

10. How'd you pick your username?  It's just my nickname plus the code for my old job in the Army. 

I'm looking forward to meeting (virtually) more of the community and hopefully continuing to learn more and improve my golf game.

Hey Mags, nice to meet you! Sounds like we have a lot in common (my dad was also in the Army, grew up all over the place, and have been playing golf off & on since I was a kid) and my office is in Arlington. If you ever get the urge to play at East Potomac or Langston, hit me up on here and hopefully I can join you. 

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

5 hours ago, Mags12B5V said:

Awesome to have you! 

Funny .... I grew up in Arlington.  Just off Rt 50 & Carlin Springs Rd.  🙂   Do you ever play Army & Navy CC??  I worked at the Arlington course on the grounds crew for many years when I was growing up.  Got to play there a lot.  Father & grandfather were in the military as well.  I loved playing there & the Fairfax course.  Haven't been there in years but remember it very well.  Now I'm in Leesburg. 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

8 hours ago, NubianRugby said:

Hey Mags, nice to meet you! Sounds like we have a lot in common (my dad was also in the Army, grew up all over the place, and have been playing golf off & on since I was a kid) and my office is in Arlington. If you ever get the urge to play at East Potomac or Langston, hit me up on here and hopefully I can join you. 

I went to East Potomac after work this afternoon to get some practice in at the range.  I've never played Langston before but it would be great to link up.  When do you normally play?

7 hours ago, golfinnut said:

Awesome to have you! 

Funny .... I grew up in Arlington.  Just off Rt 50 & Carlin Springs Rd.  🙂   Do you ever play Army & Navy CC??  I worked at the Arlington course on the grounds crew for many years when I was growing up.  Got to play there a lot.  Father & grandfather were in the military as well.  I loved playing there & the Fairfax course.  Haven't been there in years but remember it very well.  Now I'm in Leesburg. 

I'm not a member of ANCC but I've got a friend who is and I've played the Arlington course a couple of times.  They've got three beautiful 9-hole courses there, but it's really darn expensive.  If I had joined as a 2LT 29 years ago it might have been worth it, but that was the furthest thing from my mind at the time.  Now I'd have to win the lottery to afford the annual dues. So it's municipal and military courses for me. 🙂 

14 hours ago, Mags12B5V said:

Welcome aboard!

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

15 hours ago, Mags12B5V said:

I'm not a member of ANCC but I've got a friend who is and I've played the Arlington course a couple of times.  They've got three beautiful 9-hole courses there, but it's really darn expensive.  If I had joined as a 2LT 29 years ago it might have been worth it, but that was the furthest thing from my mind at the time.  Now I'd have to win the lottery to afford the annual dues. So it's municipal and military courses for me. 🙂 

Yeah I'm sure the times have changed since I was there in the late '80s 😂   I loved the "middle" nine as we called it.   Unless they've changed the routing, the 1st hole was up on a hill (it was down the hill to the right of the finishing par 3)  And the tee shot was a great start & view down the hill par 4   It was always in fabulous shape ... duh, I was on the grounds crew taking care of it.  LOL   It was great to be able to play all I wanted back then.  I was always out there .... practicing or playing every day I could.  Man ... my game was great back then.  

17 hours ago, Mags12B5V said:

I went to East Potomac after work this afternoon to get some practice in at the range.  I've never played Langston before but it would be great to link up.  When do you normally play?

I usually play 9 holes after work 1 or 2 days a week and every couple of weeks I try to get to a "good" course for a proper full round.

WITB

Calloway Hyper X Driver TaylorMade SIM2 Max D

Paradym 3-wood

Ping G430 3-hybrid

Ping G430 4-PW

Ping 50, 54, 58 wedges

Old ass putter from my old bag TP Hydro Blast Soto

1: How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

- I’ve been playing golf for about 4-5 years but have been actually trying to get better and taking it “seriously” for 2, started as a way for me and my buddies to get outside and have a few beers but has evolved from there

2: What do you love about golf?

- how freaking hard it is, overcoming the challenges I find so rewarding and the constant chase of wanting to improve

3: What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

- I came here for a review of the irons I ended up purchasing and have stuck around ever sense

4: Where are you from? What is your home course?

- upstate New York, my home course is wherever I can get a tee time in the morning

5: What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

- best thing is the amount of courses in the area, worst thing is daylight savings time, the non stop rain we’ve gotten this year, and the fact that we get snow and can’t play year round

6: What do you do for a living?

- structural engineer

7: How’d you pick your user name?

- my name, simple and easy

I am become slice, the misser of fairways

Hey all! I'm Shak, and I work as the Community Manager for GOLF+ on the Quest 2. I was an occasional golfer until early last year, but once I caught the bug it's been a daily obsession with no end in sight. My initial handicap was a ghastly 26, but I've knocked it down to an 8.7 over the last 12 months with a lot of practice.

I'm from Upstate NY and have the good fortune to live near several great courses, including the Ross designed Mark Twain course in Elmira. Our area is hilly and tree-covered, so what I lack in bunker ability I make up for with a solid array of punch shots and tree recovery.

I'm happy to join the forums and meet up with other fellow golfers, especially in my area. Our team is fully remote, so it usually means I have to travel to golf with friends. Looking forward to meeting you all!

GOLF+ Community Manager

9hcp | Ping G425 Dr, 3W | PXG 0341X 7W | P790 4i-PW | Vokey SM9 50, 54, 58 | Cobra Supernova

hey everyone! i've been playing golf very sporadically since i was 18, but just recently decided to take it more seriously to try to get better — got fitted for clubs, took a couple lessons, hit the range as often as i can, etc. but i'm still awful and shoot 100.

i love that golf is a sport i'll (theoretically) be able to play for many years to come. i'm competitive and have played sports for most of my life. but my body's has been breaking down a bit these past few years and i don't know how much longer i'll be able to do things like play basketball. golf would scratch that itch if i could ever get good at it. and golf is just a sport that feels cool to be good at.

i originally discovered the forum while googling some local private club costs. 

i live in the northern VA / DC area. no home course yet, but might be on the verge of joining a private club nearby. i've typically played Herndon Centennial and Raspberry Falls.

can't think of anything bad about the golf here, except maybe that it's incredibly popular so tee times can be a challenge to book.

i work in UX / digital content strategy. 

picked my handle based on my name + the Taj Mahal. pretty self-explanatory! 

Edited by RajMahal

WITB

Callaway Mavrik Iron Set 5-PW,AW W/ Elevate 95 R-Flex Steel Shafts

Callaway Epic Max Star 10.5* Driver HZRDUS Smoke

Cleveland Golf 58-degree wedge

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

On 2/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Mid-Atlantic Region

New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

2. What do you love about golf?

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

6. What do you do for a living?

7. How’d you pick your user name?

1. I been playing golf for a while now, but only started taking it seriously in the last 2 or 3 years. My handicap is about a 15 now, but I feel like a few tweaks will see it start to drop. I typically shoot in the high 80s.

2. I love being outdoors in beautiful places, challenging myself, and the satisfaction of putting it all together.

3. Found this place on Twitter when the golf ball test was being hyped up (it lived up to it too).

4. From Long Island, grew up playing the amazing courses at Bethpage State Park. Now I'm in upstate NY, home course being En Joie (host of the Dick's Sporting Goods Championship Tour event).

5. Best thing about golf up here is how lush it is. Worst thing is the season getting cut short due to weather, frost delays suck too.

6. Engineer.

WITB: Titleist 910D, 3i Ping Crossover, 5-GW Ping G425, 56° & 60° Kirklands, Scotty Newport 2

• 2 weeks later...

Been Playing about 6 years. Current HcP is 21, working to be a consistent 18.

Love being outside with friends, Love the challenge, also for some reason i love the frustration that comes with trying to get better.

Met a guy at Elma Meadows who was raving about the community and how it has helped his game, knew i had to join.

I'm out of Buffalo NY, for a few years i belonged to Cazenovia Golf course. Now I am free agent, leaning towards Elma Meadows for 2024

Love the colors of the trees when golfing in Sept/October, but I hate that at best golf season is only 7 months.

I work at Ingram Micro selling HP computers.

some guys go birdie hunting, I'm usually happy if I come down with a Bogey or Par haha

Rob Stelt

Buffalo NY

Twitter- RealRstelter14

Insta - Robbed_him_Blind

On 9/19/2023 at 10:21 AM, Bogeyhunter14 said:

Love being outside with friends, Love the challenge, also for some reason i love the frustration that comes with trying to get better.

Met a guy at Elma Meadows who was raving about the community and how it has helped his game, knew i had to join.

I'm out of Buffalo NY, for a few years i belonged to Cazenovia Golf course. Now I am free agent, leaning towards Elma Meadows for 2024

Love the colors of the trees when golfing in Sept/October, but I hate that at best golf season is only 7 months.

some guys go birdie hunting, I'm usually happy if I come down with a Bogey or Par haha

Welcome to the world of Spies!

I'm just south of you over the Pennsylvania border!

B

• 1 month later...

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Been playing since I was a kid with my dad. Currently a 7 Handicap

What do you love about golf?

I love the unique challenge every day presents. There are so many variables that go into golf and there always seems to be something to work on any given day.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I loved learning from the unbiased reviews/articles and then happened to stumble upon the forum section of the site

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Live in Arlington, VA. My home course is Waverly Woods up in Maryland

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best is all the different styles of courses throughout the DMV. Worst is definitely the crowdedness -- Now we need to plan farther and farther in advance to get a decent tee time.

What do you do for a living?

Software Development

How’d you pick your user name?

I'm not very creative... its just my name 🙂

• Driver: :ping-small: G425 Max 8*
  • 3 Wood: :cobra-small: Speedzone 14.5*
  • 3 Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 19*
  • Iron Set (P-4i): :callaway-small: Apex Pro 19
  • Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 50* // :cleveland-small: RTX-3 56* // :cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 60*
  • Putter: :titleist-small: Scotty Cameron 2012 Newport
  • Ball: :titleist-small: ProV1

16 minutes ago, chadlee4 said:

I love the unique challenge every day presents. There are so many variables that go into golf and there always seems to be something to work on any given day.

I loved learning from the unbiased reviews/articles and then happened to stumble upon the forum section of the site

Best is all the different styles of courses throughout the DMV. Worst is definitely the crowdedness -- Now we need to plan farther and farther in advance to get a decent tee time.

Software Development

Welcome to the Spies!

B

On 9/19/2023 at 10:21 AM, Bogeyhunter14 said:

June 6th I had a 4:30 tee time at Elma Meadows with Josh, Dakota and Ryan - thinking that might have been when I played with someone who could have been you!  I did not have many rounds this season with that kind of conversation and I remember you saying you worked at Ingram Micro, glad to see you found the Forum though wish I had seen this post sooner to possibly connect for another round.  We really don't need tee times now when it is wet as it has been for the past 2 weeks, and yes I am one of those golfers who plays until the course closes for whatever reason including the season ends.  Glad to see you joined the Forum and welcome in! ⛳

EDIT:  Jeremy!  Good to have our second round together today 10/26/2023 with my old friend Jim Bucki (yes he did say he was a old as Lowell who is 90!)  Nice dry sunny warm late October day for round 2 ⛳

202310101stfairway.jpg.b99b0e6486f47aad9bf7c7b74a8f9fdc.jpg

Edited by EasyPutter
Update

Derek 🖌️ Verified Hack, ~21 handicap 🙂  Golf for exercise and peace of mind.  ⛳

|> Big Dogs: First Strike Rattlesnake (10)TeelessTM (13), Tommy Armour TA1 3h :1332069271_TommyArmour: (19)Ginty Trouble Club 1582792763_GintyLogo(4)35h.jpg.fc3c835085ee4b6630b4ac7543b068c3.jpg (29)

|> Blades: First StrikeTM DeliveranceTM 4(23) 5(26) 6(29) 7(33) 8(37) 9(41) P(45)  

|> Wedges: Worx 429668682_worx30.png.ecb184a97c8fb80112252b57c05f40c2.png (55)  Lovett 1857218720_LovetSandWedge2(2)30v.jpg.e22c477791c7dd1d962d07e9624df8cf.jpg (59) 

|> Flatstick: L.A.B. Golf DF2.1  ⛳ 2104071333_DrizzleStickLogo25.jpg.4a85e684857a33281ff6a12753532913.jpg  1935535164_ZeroFrictionLogo25.jpg.4af6ce349cb7b5117d2a8bb409c4b51f.jpg :OnCore: :footjoy-small:

⛳  :1590477705_SunMountain:C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  1197970276_COBALTicon15tall.jpg.92ebd5a63e6ab7d194096885e37eeb52.jpgQ6 Slope   🏌️‍♂️ SwingU2023logowhite30.jpg.238c607458394f36c7b0cd29738166fc.jpgPremium  

💻 1529843961_EPLogosm.jpg.3a2a74e3a5b6c64d4cdd1489a5d253b0.jpgMGS Logo  🌐 646255544_dghLogo30.jpg.9383a65e038b6a10ea92d0ada58bbc58.jpgBall mark   ⛳   IGBRC  International Golf Ball Rescue Commission / Founder

295785881_PGAHOPE_H_4Ch30.png.6317ecb613080e94b9fe996cd81462c1.png Graduate/Mentor     1698190715_StickHackLogo2021(3)20pixelstall.png.f28e1067b8bbf26fbd9d4c6c277f1a5d.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course" Member #334 

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-12.png.8c8aee17ee565b3b96970802313957f9.png ⛳  2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes :Inesis:

2022 Official Tester - L.A.B.Putters 1382751340_L.A.B.Golflogo30.jpg.c054d635e47d481685d732a542e111af.jpg  ⛳ 2023 Official Tester - Red Rooster Sussex Golf Glove  :redrooster:

2023 Official Tester - Lean Lock Putter LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg  ⛳  2024 Official Tester - Callaway Smoke Driver :callaway-small:

It's all lies I tell you, everywhere the golf ball comes to rest! ⛳

Just finished our 3rd Annual Weekend of Golf in Ocean City Maryland. This year we had a great group of guys 16 player. Fridays round was played at The Links at Lighthouse Sound in OC MD. There were a few showers just before our noon tee time of the first group. Luckily the rain only lasted about 20 minutes. But the course was beautiful and in great shape.

Saturdays round was at Baywood Greens, Long Neck Delaware. My absolute favorite, this was our second year playing at Baywood Greens. I highly recommend this course for anyone looking for a beautiful and challenging course on the East Coast.

Our final round was at the Links at Rum Pointe, in Berlin MD. Another absolutely course we've played a second time. Lots of opportunities to score well on this course.

20231021_164607.jpg

20231021_160901.jpg

20231020_165918.jpg

32311.jpeg

20231021_172356.jpg

Driver :nike-small: Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree

3W & 5W Affinity Fairway

3 & 4 Hybrid Affinity

5i to PW :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max

SW :cleveland-small: 56 degree

Putter Kirkland Signature

Balls :callaway-small: Chrome Soft

That is a great trip at those 3 great courses!  I was in a group trip the previous weekend down there playing War Admiral, Rum Pointe and Eagles Landing.  

I think my dream trip of 5 days down there would be Rum Pointe, Bayside, Baywood Greens, Lighthouse Sound and Eagles Landing.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

On 10/20/2023 at 11:44 PM, chadlee4 said:

Software Development

happy to meet up and get you out to a couple private courses a little west of you, like Belmont (my home course), Chantilly National, etc. 

WITB

Callaway Mavrik Iron Set 5-PW,AW W/ Elevate 95 R-Flex Steel Shafts

Callaway Epic Max Star 10.5* Driver HZRDUS Smoke

Cleveland Golf 58-degree wedge

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

New to the forum and taking the opportunity to introduce myself. RJ Russell here, AZ transplant to DE, miss the year round golf of the desert southwest but living our best lives in DE and playing as often as the weather allows.

WITB

Titleist TSR2 9° driver             Titleist TSR2 16.5° fairway wood

Titleist TSR2 21° hybrid           Titleist TSR2 24° hybrid

Titleist T350 irons (5-PW)       Vokey SM9 48-10F

Vokey SM9 54-10S                   Vokey SM9 58-12D

Scotty Special Select Fastback 1.5

Titleist PROV1/PROV1x

On 10/28/2023 at 2:21 PM, RajMahal said:

happy to meet up and get you out to a couple private courses a little west of you, like Belmont (my home course), Chantilly National, etc. 

I'm happy to get out with you as well.  I'm in your neck of the woods.  I've played Belmont in tournaments before & Chantilly National years ago in high school.  😉  

2 hours ago, therjrussell said:

New to the forum and taking the opportunity to introduce myself. RJ Russell here, AZ transplant to DE, miss the year round golf of the desert southwest but living our best lives in DE and playing as often as the weather allows.

Welcome to the eastern shore and welcome to the forum!!

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

On 10/23/2023 at 6:11 PM, markcchap said:

Just finished our 3rd Annual Weekend of Golf in Ocean City Maryland. This year we had a great group of guys 16 player. Fridays round was played at The Links at Lighthouse Sound in OC MD. There were a few showers just before our noon tee time of the first group. Luckily the rain only lasted about 20 minutes. But the course was beautiful and in great shape.

Saturdays round was at Baywood Greens, Long Neck Delaware. My absolute favorite, this was our second year playing at Baywood Greens. I highly recommend this course for anyone looking for a beautiful and challenging course on the East Coast.

Our final round was at the Links at Rum Pointe, in Berlin MD. Another absolutely course we've played a second time. Lots of opportunities to score well on this course.

20231021_164607.jpg

20231021_160901.jpg

20231020_165918.jpg

32311.jpeg

20231021_172356.jpg

Man you hit the trifecta with those 3 courses.   I'm over in the BWi/Annapolis area, if you ever are able to travel up this way let me know and I'll have you out to my course Compass Pointe @golfinnut just came out last week and @MDGolfHacker plays here weekly with me.  

Also keep any eye out for our MGS outing in spring/summer 2024.   No date or location has been firmed up yet, but we have had two pretty good ones the past couple years with a group about the size of yours. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

19 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Welcome to the eastern shore and welcome to the forum!!

Thanks!

WITB

Titleist TSR2 9° driver             Titleist TSR2 16.5° fairway wood

Titleist TSR2 21° hybrid           Titleist TSR2 24° hybrid

Titleist T350 irons (5-PW)       Vokey SM9 48-10F

Vokey SM9 54-10S                   Vokey SM9 58-12D

Scotty Special Select Fastback 1.5

Titleist PROV1/PROV1x