Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Our Sponsors

4 hours ago, clove4028 said:

Thank you for the advice.  I began taking lessons about 2 months ago and they have definitely helped.  My main issue is getting my club square at contact, because as a hitter, I was never trying to let my wrist "rollover" and that thought process is hard for me to fix.@ballplayer002003@GolfSpy STUDque I watch tons of youtube video.  

Anyone have anythoughts on Moe Norman?  To me a 1 plane swing seems easier than a 2 plane swing?  I mean less is more IMO.  Thanks for your help guys

I’m no expert, but feel free to ask questions.   Either in the thread or a DM. 👍🏼

• Like 1
  • Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What’s up guys. With my brain and game on quarantine it felt like a good enough to officially start posting.    im based in Brooklyn, play mostly public golf in the New York area but got a car

Hi,   I've been playing golf for about 15 years now. It happened by accident as I never thought I would be this addicted to the game. Not to mention waste a Saturday and Sunday afternoon watching

How long have you been playing golf? A; Since I watched Tiger dominate the field at the 97 Masters! What’s your handicap or normal score? A: according to the new GHIN it is 4.8 index, after this

Posted Images

23 hours ago, cnosil said:

Be careful watching YouTube videos. They provide fixes but those fixes may not be right for you. Basically treating symptoms and not the cause.

As for one plane@shankster has a thread about his journey and thoughts. Easy to find using the search feature on the site.

A lot of times, YouTube videos mess me up more. 

• Like 2

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

• 2 weeks later...

- I started playing golf in high school after I gave up playing football. Was a complete beginner and worked my way from my first year playing as a sophomore to our teams #1 golfer as a senior. Last year I worked my handicap down to a 7.2 but I had an operation done on my core and it has reset my game. I am currently playing at slightly better than bogey golf 

- I love the challenge of golf and there are so many aspects of the game that make it unique.

- I occasionally do some Caddying and one of the MSG team members also used to caddy at the same course. I frequent the website for reviews and especially the ball lab tests.

- I am originally from Cbus, Ohio and used to play all the city courses especially Raymond Memorial. I have recently moved from the west end of Richmond to east of town and and I have a new home course, Brickshire

-best thing about the region is lots of good courses and a long playing season. Worst part is the heat of the summer and the courses have a tough time in July and August 

- I teach middle school math for a living.

-My username stems for my Spanish class name in high school  I also used to write Nacho on my golf balls during high school golf matches. 

• Like 3
On 7/9/2020 at 9:52 AM, ctandc said:

What is your home course?

Don't really have one yet. I play a local place Brookwoods - that is close to the house and I like the course and the people. I've played a few of the other courses around Richmond as well.

Good, another RVA-area spy.  I'm in Midlothian.

• Like 1

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4 Wood (17*) - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

On 11/13/2020 at 9:11 PM, Notyochezz said:

- I started playing golf in high school after I gave up playing football. Was a complete beginner and worked my way from my first year playing as a sophomore to our teams #1 golfer as a senior. Last year I worked my handicap down to a 7.2 but I had an operation done on my core and it has reset my game. I am currently playing at slightly better than bogey golf 

- I love the challenge of golf and there are so many aspects of the game that make it unique.

- I occasionally do some Caddying and one of the MSG team members also used to caddy at the same course. I frequent the website for reviews and especially the ball lab tests.

- I am originally from Cbus, Ohio and used to play all the city courses especially Raymond Memorial. I have recently moved from the west end of Richmond to east of town and and I have a new home course, Brickshire

-best thing about the region is lots of good courses and a long playing season. Worst part is the heat of the summer and the courses have a tough time in July and August 

-My username stems for my Spanish class name in high school  I also used to write Nacho on my golf balls during high school golf matches. 

Welcome.  Glad to have another DMV neighbor.  

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Welcome.  Glad to have another DMV neighbor.  

Especially another one from RVA.  Welcome aboard, @Notyochezz.

• Like 2

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

On 11/13/2020 at 9:11 PM, Notyochezz said:

Just on the other side of town, kinda near Regency Mall. @HardcoreLooperand I have played together and always looking for more to join! Welcome aboard!

• Like 2

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Evenflow Black 65 6.0

:ping-small:  Eye 2 Persimmon 3 Wood

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Just on the other side of town, kinda near Regency Mall. [mention=54754]HardcoreLooper[/mention]and I have played together and always looking for more to join! Welcome aboard!

I’m down in the Beach but make it to Williamsburg quite a bit. Should set something up.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, djahubes said:

I’m down in the Beach but make it to Williamsburg quite a bit. Should set something up.

I'm always up for a trip down to the 'Burg.  Maybe grab a Hot Holly at Paul's on the way out of town.  It's a good time right now to play the Golden Horseshoe Gold course if you have a VIP card ($69).  But I'll play anywhere.

• Like 3

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I'm always up for a trip down to the 'Burg.  Maybe grab a Hot Holly at Paul's on the way out of town.  It's a good time right now to play the Golden Horseshoe Gold course if you have a VIP card ($69).  But I'll play anywhere.

Let’s work something out. We usually try to get 36 in Green then Gold bc the replay is $60 on the gold.

• Like 2
On 11/22/2020 at 2:48 PM, djahubes said:

Let’s work something out. We usually try to get 36 in Green then Gold bc the replay is $60 on the gold.

I love the idea, but if we're going to get 36 in we may need a little more daylight.  I didn't know that you could get a $60 replay on the Gold if you play the Green first.  That's a serious PROTIP.

• Like 1

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

On 6/11/2020 at 9:04 PM, rreeves35 said:

Can y'all please like this so my account can finally get upgraded 😕 much appreciated if you do 🙌

Will see what I can do for you, really like the look of your plane you posted after my first post 6/1/2020 in this thread and hope you post more of those photos of plane and clubs.  I am a general aviation aficionado and have been a passenger (love the front seat ride!) and always wanted to fly but it is probably one bridge too far this lifetime.  So glad golf was a bridge I did manage to cross as it is the peaceful place in my mind as it is when I get on course especially early morning when nobody else is around. So who knows 🛩️

• Like 1

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge, Lovett 59* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: Nitro Crossfire May-August then various "orphans" (also OnCore for PuttUp Review)   

|> App: SwingU/Looper   |> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg

2020: tested BirdiePutt PuttUp mat

Hey All, 

Longtime follower of the My Golf Spy page. I have been getting back to and more serious with my golf over the last year.  With my work I get asked more frequently to golf and I am finding slipping off to hit a quick 9 to be a great way to manage stress etc. 

Live outside Frederick, MD and get to play courses throughout the Mid Atlantic. My favorites thus far are Little Bennett and Monterery Country Club.  Worthington Manor is the closest course to me and I enjoy practicing there. 

I have a 2 yo going on 3 who likes coming to the practice green and bunkers with me and sometimes I drag my wife out there with me. Looking foward to delving more into golf and learning more from this community. 

James

PXL_20201018_133640377.jpg.f13e6bb12311ea6317f5f7fb8a5be158.jpg

Edited by CCRyder
  • Like 4

Driver:  :wilson_staff_small: Triton 10.5 degree Regular Flex;  
FW Woods:  :taylormade-small: R580 3 & 5 Stiff Flex 
Irons::cobra-small: 5i-GW Cobra Fmax ONE Length Regular Flex Steel ; 
Wedges:  :wilson_staff_small: Harmonized 50, 56, 60 Steel Wedge Flex 
Putter: :nike-small:  IC 2015A w/ Winn Jumbo Lite; :odyssey-small: DF 552 w/ Winn Jumbo Lite 
Ball:  :wilson_staff_small: 50 Elite; :wilson_staff_small: Zip 
Bag: :ping-small:  late 90's Hoofer; mid 60's Spalding Canvas Bag
image.jpeg.f0b1d1d2bc3b2ec6880dd6c9a3b096e9.jpeg      image.jpeg.231a9c2f1e7b1dc46388ceac1039351a.jpeg

Hey All, 
Longtime follower of the My Golf Spy page. I have been getting back to and more serious with my golf over the last year.  With my work I get asked more frequently to golf and I am finding slipping off to hit a quick 9 to be a great way to manage stress etc. 
Live outside Frederick, MD and get to play courses throughout the Mid Atlantic. My favorites thus far are Little Bennett and Monterery Country Club.  Worthington Manor is the closest course to me and I enjoy practicing there. 
I have a 2 yo going on 3 who likes coming to the practice green and bunkers with me and sometimes I drag my wife out there with me. Looking foward to delving more into golf and learning more from this community. 
James
Welcome! As another Frederick person I am embarrassed to say I have never played Little Bennett haha. Mostly play out of Clustered or Maple Run.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, CCRyder said:

Hey All, 

James

Welcome, I live in Howard County and work at a course in AA County, but love playing the Frederick courses, especially Worthington.   Next year if everything gets somewhat back to non crazy, we will definitely have a good size outing in the area.

4 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

Welcome! As another Frederick person I am embarrassed to say I have never played Little Bennett haha. Mostly play out of Clustered or Maple Run.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I have only played Little Bennet a couple times, and it's been many many years, but it's a really cool layout with some challenging blind shots. 

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

34 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Welcome, I live in Howard County and work at a course in AA County, but love playing the Frederick courses, especially Worthington.   Next year if everything gets somewhat back to non crazy, we will definitely have a good size outing in the area.

I have only played Little Bennet a couple times, and it's been many many years, but it's a really cool layout with some challenging blind shots. 

Thanks all for the warm welcomes. Those blind shots at Little Bennett are no joke. I fortunatley have played it enough to know my limitations. Looking foward to the otherside of the pandemic and getting out with MGS folks. I need to get over to Clustered Spires as I have an affinity for city/county owned courses. 

• Like 1

Driver:  :wilson_staff_small: Triton 10.5 degree Regular Flex;  
FW Woods:  :taylormade-small: R580 3 & 5 Stiff Flex 
Irons::cobra-small: 5i-GW Cobra Fmax ONE Length Regular Flex Steel ; 
Wedges:  :wilson_staff_small: Harmonized 50, 56, 60 Steel Wedge Flex 
Putter: :nike-small:  IC 2015A w/ Winn Jumbo Lite; :odyssey-small: DF 552 w/ Winn Jumbo Lite 
Ball:  :wilson_staff_small: 50 Elite; :wilson_staff_small: Zip 
Bag: :ping-small:  late 90's Hoofer; mid 60's Spalding Canvas Bag
image.jpeg.f0b1d1d2bc3b2ec6880dd6c9a3b096e9.jpeg      image.jpeg.231a9c2f1e7b1dc46388ceac1039351a.jpeg

I love the idea, but if we're going to get 36 in we may need a little more daylight.  I didn't know that you could get a $60 replay on the Gold if you play the Green first.  That's a serious PROTIP.

Look forward to it. Think we will get a couple more decent days before the cold sets in

• Like 1
On 5/29/2020 at 10:45 AM, Deadskins said:

Thinking of stopping all 3 wood use and going with my 4 hybrid.  Any ideas?

I have a 3 wood and set of hybrids (10, 15, 19, 27 lofts.  If I needed to I would probably leave the 3 wood (15 loft) home but it is not taking room away from another club and some weeks the 3 wood goes unused.  What I am considering is since it is a TaylorMade M3 3 wood with an adjuster, getting an adjuster tool and experimenting with the settings to see what I can do with it in hopes it adds a club advantage I don't know I need at this time.

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: Langert Foiler Driver 8.75*, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, Worx 55* hybrid wedge, Lovett 59* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   |> Ball: Nitro Crossfire May-August then various "orphans" (also OnCore for PuttUp Review)   

|> App: SwingU/Looper   |> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg

On 5/29/2020 at 11:53 AM, ajgelose said:

I'm from Niagara Falls, NY, but joined this group a few years ago when I lived in NJ for work.

1. Been playing golf for about 20 years, and the last time I had a handicap I was a about a 16. 

2. I love that golf can be played at any age, it's a sport where you can compete against others and against yourself, and as frustrating as the game is, it is also very relaxing walking or riding a golf course with a few beers and a nice cigar

3. Joined the group about 5 years ago, but was not really active in the past

4. Niagara Falls, NY and my home course is a local muni called Hyde Park Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best part is that golf is growing and more local courses are starting to become better maintained, which makes golfing more enjoyable. Worst part of golf in the region is you can't play year-round, and the courses don't stay open even if the weather is alright in the winter.

6. Manage an operations center for an energy company

7. My username is just my name...not very creative

Hello from West Seneca, NY.  Never played Hyde Park as I play at Caz Park GC mostly but also other places like Elma Meadows.  It's only now that golfing outdoors has ended that I am going back to these threads discovering what has been here all along.

Richmond VA Spies - We now have a Random Golf Club chapter:

https://www.instagram.com/randomgolfclub_richmond/

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino