GolfSpy STUDque

If you're trying to catch up, the first post in this thread will always tell you where we stand. 

Message added by GolfSpy STUDque

Following the trend, here are my current stats for the Cobras

Screenshot_20190904-230703.thumb.png.c48ff514b995f0de272f2ca9e4e7b59a.png

The hybrid should actually be an average of around 210 yards but it's still suffering from being used for every shot from 200 down for a week during the challenge.

I also have my driver comparisons for you. First the Ping G400 LST ( remember I'm a lefty so left side is a fade or cut)

Screenshot_20190904-231638.thumb.png.ddc3ffa10983efff9779afc9c7348fc8.png

This club is long but I missed left way too much.

Now the Cobra F9

Screenshot_20190904-231611.thumb.png.b3c8a67ea8db93d175a24991ae36e8b8.png

It too is long and I can hit a draw with it 🥰😁. How long? I hit a 293 yard drive in winter!! The 313 with the Ping was a very rare draw and on a beautiful, warm fall day.

I love these clubs, they just work for me.

Oh and my handicap keeps falling, it's down to 9.2 as of today 😁😎

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Hit 40 years old today.  For my birthday I played 27 holes and took a Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero demo driver out on the course.  It may be the Crown Royal talking but I think I fell in love today.  The Cobra F9 is great but this seemed like it was on a different level.  Couple of drives over 300 and no crappy slices towards trouble.  I lost one ball but that was because I expected my usual fade only to see a power draw off the tee.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Hit 40 years old today.

I think I remember those days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still hacking away with F9s. Shot a 77 today with 2 doubles, par 72. Had 3 birdies, in a row, which I’ve never done before. Trending handicap is 8.6 now!!! Still struggling with the driver, but the 3 wood is amazing off the tee. I’m loving the Cobras, but I’m giving a lot of credit to being fit for my clubs. Some leaves are starting to fall, that just means season is coming to a close. I’m still gonna keep this thread alive.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Credit to @sirchunksalot, I haven’t been out on the course as much as hoped and the D7 review has me hitting a lot of irons when I do get out so here is how arccos and F9 are going:

Arccos has been pretty cool.  It is taking a lot of getting used to having a phone in my pocket, using a different watch, and figuring out on course how to go to the next hole on watch and phone—but I still haven’t gotten the pin placement down yet and that has been frustrating.  Although I’ve been using it  primarily for data gathering for D7 irons, so no course posts yet. That’s coming tomorrow 😁

As far as the F9 goes—at first not great. I got the tour spec for the shorter length in a 9* head and the heavy weight set forward.  I was hitting low fades for days on the range.  Got the wrench out before taking it on the course for the first time, set it to 10.5 draw and the first tee box I hit a 280 yard bomb (one par 3 removed from all day behind a desk) off the toe and was a knock down wedge into the green. Honeymoon period still very much alive but so far it is looking like it has a very real shot of taking the G400 out which I just changed the shaft in it and have fallen in love all over again.  Oh the decisions. It’s going to be a battle.  Stay tuned. 

• Like 3

Credit to [mention=80128]sirchunksalot[/mention], I haven’t been out on the course as much as hoped and the D7 review has me hitting a lot of irons when I do get out so here is how arccos and F9 are going:

Arccos has been pretty cool.  It is taking a lot of getting used to having a phone in my pocket, using a different watch, and figuring out on course how to go to the next hole on watch and phone—but I still haven’t gotten the pin placement down yet and that has been frustrating.  Although I’ve been using it  primarily for data gathering for D7 irons, so no course posts yet. That’s coming tomorrow

As far as the F9 goes—at first not great. I got the tour spec for the shorter length in a 9* head and the heavy weight set forward.  I was hitting low fades for days on the range.  Got the wrench out before taking it on the course for the first time, set it to 10.5 draw and the first tee box I hit a 280 yard bomb (one par 3 removed from all day behind a desk) off the toe and was a knock down wedge into the green. Honeymoon period still very much alive but so far it is looking like it has a very real shot of taking the G400 out which I just changed the shaft in it and have fallen in love all over again.  Oh the decisions. It’s going to be a battle.  Stay tuned. 

I appreciate the feedback! It sounds like the F9 is starting to perform for you and that's awesome! The G400 line is just phenomenal, and I know it'll take a lot to get it out of the bag.

I'm also happy to hear Arccos is doing good for you. I find my biggest issues with it on the green. I honestly think my sensor is dead and need to email Arccos and see if I can replace the battery, it doesn't seem to change out like the regular sensors.

I hope you were able to get some rounds in this weekend, and you had fun doing it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I ditched Arccos today. Tired of it missing shots or adding phantom shots and I found myself getting frustrated with the app during the rounds to the point where it became distracting. Will be nice to not have my phone almost die during every round, too 

• Like 5

As promised I will keep this alive. It kills me to say, the F9 driver is out of the bag. I’ve replaced it with a M3, more to come on that. The rest of the Cobra lineup is still in the bag, along with the bag. I don’t foresee anything else leaving anytime soon. As I’ve stated before, the driver and I just drifted apart, don’t know why. If I had to guess I just lost confidence in it, without confidence no club sticks around. Maybe after a little separation I’ll give it another shot.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, robertson153 said:

As promised I will keep this alive. It kills me to say, the F9 driver is out of the bag. I’ve replaced it with a M3, more to come on that. The rest of the Cobra lineup is still in the bag, along with the bag. I don’t foresee anything else leaving anytime soon. As I’ve stated before, the driver and I just drifted apart, don’t know why. If I had to guess I just lost confidence in it, without confidence no club sticks around. Maybe after a little separation I’ll give it another shot.

Fair enough mate, you've got to use what works for you. Personally I am still gaming the full set and I'm really looking forward to summer. Spring has shown it's face around here so the good times are a comin 😜

• Like 4

10 hours ago, robertson153 said:

I'm in the same boat as you @robertson153. I am using the Callaway Rogue exclusively and the F9 doesn't come out to play anymore.

The rest of the lineup is secure in my bag and I don't foresee any changes to that. I'm really enjoying my rounds on the course and the extra confidence that this set gives me.

I was on a golf trip this past weekend and there were multiple times where I would look at the intended landing spot and just know that I had that shot. The clubs give me an extra boost of confidence in situations that would have scared me before.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, palvord said:

I'm in the same boat as you @robertson153. I am using the Callaway Rogue exclusively and the F9 doesn't come out to play anymore.

The rest of the lineup is secure in my bag and I don't foresee any changes to that. I'm really enjoying my rounds on the course and the extra confidence that this set gives me.

I was on a golf trip this past weekend and there were multiple times where I would look at the intended landing spot and just know that I had that shot. The clubs give me an extra boost of confidence in situations that would have scared me before.

I have to agree about the confidence factor. I've never had irons that I have trusted like this before. I really can laser the pin, pick the club for the number and know it will be right.

• Like 2