Shankster: A Solo Story / Take 38

4 hours ago, Shankster said:

As I said in the Blueprint Thread, played well today.

But the part of my game that I used to lean on left me in some bad spots. With this swing I think I have too much bounce on my sand wedge. Twice in the sand I skulled it, and one fat. Most of the chips were stubby that weren’t the Blueprint wedge.

Maybe more bounce?... Very confusing anyways.

It's technique.  Need more bunker practice.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Haha. Very true Kenny. I found myself in more bunkers than normal yesterday. One more thing to add to the practice plan.

I've been working on my ball striking lately, and really have been neglecting short game practice and bunker play.  It is showing up in my scores; not getting chips/pitches close enough and missing putts that I shouldn't.  My irons are better, so back to short game practice!!

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I am going to take this to the next level for 2020. The goal is to break 70. Stand by for Shankster: Uncharted Territory

With episode 2 coming up some teasers are: a Mid/Late November driver fitting, cold iron winter golf, and much much more.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

I am going to take this to the next level for 2020. The goal is to break 70. Stand by for Shankster: Uncharted Territory

I wish you the best of luck. Been my goal for quite a few years. Now I am resetting my goal to having most of my rounds be in the 70s
  • Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

With episode 2 coming up some teasers are: a Mid/Late November driver fitting, cold iron winter golf, and much much more.

I'm sure you will do it - will be fun to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

• 2 months later...
On 10/18/2019 at 1:58 AM, Shankster said:

just subscribe your youtube channel...nice goal in 2020

• Like 2

just subscribe your youtube channel...nice goal in 2020

Dang. No driver fitting, but there has been some cold iron golf...

Still going strong on this for full swings. The pitch shots and stuff are a little difficult to get used to. My consistency through out the bag is amazing really considering how badly I was playing earlier in the year. Once it warms up a bit and those White Boxed BStones show you there will be numerous cold rounds.
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

The Shankster: A One Plane Story has been cancelled.

Last time out I played with a very low to + handicap, he noticed that I was taking about a half backswing. Never really thought of it, but I am giving up way too much distance with this swing.

Just today I started out with some 65 yard 56° that were “maxed out”...

Switched back to my old swing with some tweaks, and voila back to 100 yarders.

I’m guessing this is why I was coming up 10 yards short with the other clubs. Felt like I had to stretch everything.

The End.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

The Shankster: A One Plane Story has been cancelled.

Last time out I played with a very low to + handicap, he noticed that I was taking about a half backswing. Never really thought of it, but I am giving up way too much distance with this swing.

Just today I started out with some 65 yard 56° that were “maxed out”...

Switched back to my old swing with some tweaks, and voila back to 100 yarders.

I’m guessing this is why I was coming up 10 yards short with the other clubs. Felt like I had to stretch everything.

The End.

And that's why I gave up the SPS.  I loved the consistency and accuracy, but wanted to hit it further now that I am really, really old.  My problem is that I did it for so long that my short backswing is engrained, and I can't seem to rotate back far enough without screwing up my timing.  It's a work in progress, but I'm committed to lengthening my swing.

• Like 3

And that's why I gave up the SPS.  I loved the consistency and accuracy, but wanted to hit it further now that I am really, really old.  My problem is that I did it for so long that my short backswing is engrained, and I can't seem to rotate back far enough without screwing up my timing.  It's a work in progress, but I'm committed to lengthening my swing.

Yep, it felt really good to “let the stallions run”... see what I did there?

Still feels like a 3/4 swing, accuracy is off a touch, but I’ll get there. Overall I think the one plane swing works wonders, especially on my back. That’s the only thing I’m worried about...
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Shankster said:

Yep, it felt really good to “let the stallions run”... see what I did there?

Still feels like a 3/4 swing, accuracy is off a touch, but I’ll get there. Overall I think the one plane swing works wonders, especially on my back. That’s the only thing I’m worried about...

I haven't had a bit of back trouble since I switched.  In fact, it actually feels a little  better.  I'm rotating more.

• Like 1

After seeing B.A.D and his swing changes... I’ve decided to open up chapter 2 of this story.

Going for that 200mph ball speed mark.  😂😂

I have better results with the driver when I swing closer to a single plane, I don’t think I’ll ever be dead on, but it’s better.

early video analysis shows that I’m getting some serious lag, hopefully not too much that I get stuck and block them off into the trees.

now I just need a driving range to do some dialing in.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Got a few full speed driver swings in today. Hitting a foam ball, but hey you gotta do what you gotta do.

Going to go full Bryson mode for sure. Trying to talk the boss into a few sets of the Super Speed system for our gym at work. There’s a handful of “golfers” and two of us that take it pretty seriously.

Returning to my workout routine and running this week, hopefully be able to get out on the course next week.

Can’t wait to put this swing back to use where it belongs.... on the golf course.

I’ve got a few horseshoe trophies, maybe I’ll have them replace the hot shoe guy with a golfer guy... [emoji57]

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Shankster said:

Got a few full speed driver swings in today. Hitting a foam ball, but hey you gotta do what you gotta do.

Going to go full Bryson mode for sure. Trying to talk the boss into a few sets of the Super Speed system for our gym at work. There’s a handful of “golfers” and two of us that take it pretty seriously.

Returning to my workout routine and running this week, hopefully be able to get out on the course next week.

Can’t wait to put this swing back to use where it belongs.... on the golf course.

I’ve got a few horseshoe trophies, maybe I’ll have them replace the hot shoe guy with a golfer guy... emoji57.png

What about a little hockey guy?

• Like 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

On 5/26/2020 at 12:03 PM, Shankster said:

Don’t care much for hockey

Ahh I was going for the Happy Gilmore reference when he won his first tournament.  

• Like 2

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Ahh I was going for the Happy Gilmore reference when he won his first tournament.  

I know. And I was going for the poser golf trophy, remove the horseshoe guy and replace it with a golfer guy.

[emoji23] [emoji23]
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Chapter 3: The Set up

Since I will be getting more rounds in, probably weekly.  I will be working on set up at home.

The long game is on point with this swing, but my favorite part of the game... the wedges are suffering badly. Looking to buy the Graves academy wedge set up training aid. Believe it or not, the wedges are costing me more strokes than the driver. That is not good, I used to rely on them when the driver was not working.

• Like 2

check out Tom Saguto on YouTube.  I have watched a few of his videos and he is a big advocate of this swing due to his own injuries.  He is a bit off but knows his stuff. 

• Like 1

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

• Shankster changed the title to Shankster: A Solo Story / Take 38