Any suggestions for an insert/insole for golf shoes?  I do a lot of walking and I have never tried an insert and wonder if it's worth the cost.

• Haha 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Callaway Mavrik Max 6 hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 7 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Ping
 2021 Fetch Putter with SuperStoke 3.0 Grip

2021 Official Reviewer: MotoCaddy M7

It depends on your golf shoes. If you have one in that comes with the shoe and not removable you need to find a thin one.  Any increase in thickness will have to be adjusted in your swing. The normal bottom of you swing is now higner.

If the insert of your existing shoe is removable, you can change it out to a better insert with more support without having to adjust.

I tried adding a custom made insert and I was topping the ball. It was just to thick. Eventually just removed them. 

Inserts are great but you have to get it right to achieve the results you are looking for. 

• Like 1

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

1 minute ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

It depends on your golf shoes. If you have one in that comes with the shoe and not removable you need to find a thin one.  Any increase in thickness will have to be adjusted in your swing. The normal bottom of you swing is now higner.

If the insert of your existing shoe is removable, you can change it out to a better insert with more support without having to adjust.

I tried adding a custom made insert and I was topping the ball. It was just to thick. Eventually just removed them. 

Inserts are great but you have to get it right to achieve the results you are looking for. 

Good advice!  Thanks

• Like 1

Ping

If you're not having any foot issues, the ones they come with are probably fine? I have after market insoles due to a bout of plantar fasciitis last year, don't want to go through that again...

• Like 2
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
4 hours ago, Middler said:

If you're not having any foot issues, the ones they come with are probably fine? I have after market insoles due to a bout of plantar fasciitis last year, don't want to go through that again...

My wife had that plantar fasciitis crap and she had a ton of discomfort.  I hope I never get that!   My feet do burn after the round and ache from carrying my big ole arse around.  I have good shoes too so I'm thinking a bit more padding might help...

• Like 1

Ping

Try FP insoles at fpinsoles.com

you can drop a bowling ball on them with no bounce.  I have them and have added new life to some older shoes such as FJ Sports.

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

42 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Try FP insoles at fpinsoles.com

you can drop a bowling ball on them with no bounce.  I have them and have added new life to some older shoes such as FJ Sports.

Thanks buddy!

Ping

13 hours ago, ole gray said:

My wife had that plantar fasciitis crap and she had a ton of discomfort.  I hope I never get that!   My feet do burn after the round and ache from carrying my big ole arse around.  I have good shoes too so I'm thinking a bit more padding might help...

Maybe too simplistic but I’d say you get what you pay for. PowerStep (what I have) and SuperFeet make top notch insoles for specific and general use, but you’re looking at $35-50 a pair. At the other extreme there’s drug store brands like Dr Scholl’s and Spenco for about $15 or less - they’re better than what comes in most shoes, but only marginally so. And lots of brands in between, you can find all sorts of options at most any store that sells running shoes, Dick’s, Fleet Feet, etc. I’d add that the expensive ones usually last longer so they’re not a bad value, the cheap ones break down quickly. Best of luck.

• Like 1
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT

I picked up a pair of Superfeet Green yesterday from Dicks.  I'll be putting them to test today during my 7 mile walk at the golf course today and report back. 

superfeetgreen - Edited.jpg

Ping

Reporting back on the Supergreen inserts.  When first wearing these I walked 7+ miles. They do give arch support and that helps to keep the feet from excessive tiredness however my feet still had that burning feeling on the bottom.  There is suppose to be a breaking in period where they become more comfortable.  I'll give further updates in the future.

Ping