Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Training Campus for middle-aged Golfers

Hi GolfWrx Community

soon I will retire, and I am very happy to be able to devote more time to my long-standing passion to improve my Golf Play and of course to play Golf.

I am looking for a Golf Campus in the USA for a young middle-aged person with dynamism and fresh spirit where I can improve my golf game intensively during 3-4 months of training like the existing Junior Golf Training camps.

Can someone from the community give me recommendations and advice where to find such a camp.

On the web you can find thousands of golf schools but without recommendations and lived experience it is almost impossible to find such a professional camp.

I am very happy to get your advice and information and appreciate your assistance very much.

Hope to read you soon.

Greg

PS: Maybe I did not post my request in the right forum section, thanks for assistance.

Edited by GSP57
3 hours ago, GSP57 said:

Hi GolfWrx Community

soon I will retire, and I am very happy to be able to devote more time to my long-standing passion to improve my Golf Play and of course to play Golf.

I am looking for a Golf Campus in the USA for a young middle-aged person with dynamism and fresh spirit where I can improve my golf game intensively during 3-4 months of training like the existing Junior Golf Training camps.

Can someone from the community give me recommendations and advice where to find such a camp.

On the web you can find thousands of golf schools but without recommendations and lived experience it is almost impossible to find such a professional camp.

I am very happy to get your advice and information and appreciate your assistance very much.

Hope to read you soon.

Greg

PS: Maybe I did not post my request in the right forum section, thanks for assistance.

Hmm. Golf WRX… We’ll, I don’t know of any camps for retired folks, unfortunately. Where would you be looking to go? USA? Abroad? I’m sure Google would be a great start. 
(Click the three dots at the top of your post and select edit. Next, change WRX to My Golf Spy. This will help your search!)

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

3 hours ago, GSP57 said:

Hi GolfWrx Community

Hope to read you soon.

Greg

If by schools you are referring to the programs that are run like a college where people learn the ins and outs of the golf industry it’s about where you want to live and how much you want to spend to attend that program which from what I’ve read isn’t a few months.

If you are referring to the 2-3 day camps then it’s about what instructors philosophy you prefer, the instructor to student ratio you think works best for you along with cost, location and what’s included in the camp.

If yiu are referring to something like the IMG academy those don’t exists for adults. That’s an academy where kids attend school like any other kid but they also get the benefit of specific sports training and competition to try and become the best at whatever sport. 

If you are only looking to invest in improving your good game and want to do it over the course of a few months you could pick and instructor and set up some kind of lesson plan with that person. There’s thousands of pros that range in price for lessons and lesson packages. Again like a camp that’s really on the golfer to find one that works for their learning style 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I'd find a good pga pro teacher in your area that you are comfortable with and set up a block of lessons for the 3-4 months that you're asking about.  

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

Dear Larry

Thank you for your feedback. My idea was a guided program that includes everything including all parts oftraining, games play and appropriate fitness. 
A program in which I can participate and there is a common thread.
Since I suddenly have a lot of time after my retirement, I would like to invest this effort in a nice place in the USA and bring my golf technique and game to a good level.
Unfortunately, during my professional life I never really found the time.
Thank you again for your comments. If you have any ideas, I'm always interested in.
Best regards
Greg