Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Drivable Cart Covers

As winter is coming on we tend to keep playing.  I am interested in what universal cart covers you use.  I purchased a JEF ultimate universal cart cover, but it seems thin.  We will use in the rain and cold but especially when the wind is blowing and the Temps drop.  Any help is appreciated

Driver - TM M4

3 and 5 wood Cobra for

3 hybrid. Tour Edge Exs

Irons 2003 Ben hogan apex edge

Putter tour edge hp10 red

Never thought of buying a cart cover for the cold and rainy days.  In FL, we just play thru the rain ….when it’s cold we just wait a day or two for the temps to rise, usullt don’t play below 50*.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

You may find the cover you have will work fine. Around here, propane heaters designed to fit in a cup holder are popular.  As to your question I’m afraid I don’t know the brand of cover I use. I ordered it from the store where I bought my cart. If you have your own cart or play the same course all the time, you can order covers online made especially for the cart you use. 

21 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Never thought of buying a cart cover for the cold and rainy days.  In FL, we just play thru the rain ….when it’s cold we just wait a day or two for the temps to rise, usullt don’t play below 50*.

Ok, I’m jealous. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

Our muni sells these for their Yamaha rental carts.  

https://doorworksenclosures.com/pages/portable-4-sided-over-the-top-covers

They are fitted for Yamaha, not universal, but covers for other carts are available.  I think I bought ours for $230 in 2016; I saw they cost $299 today.  But ours is still useable after 5 years, so it's been worth the money.  We put it on and take it off each round we play (tricky in the wind); however, many daily players put their name on it and pay a fee to leave it on a cart all winter so they get the same cart each time they play.  Taking good care of it is key for long life.

We used to belong to another club that bought a few cheap universal covers (less than $100), and they were trashed before the end of the first winter.  They were left on the cart all winter and were subject to abuse by renters.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

One obvious question - is this for your own cart or one belonging to a course. If it's your own here's an example - made by Double Take for our 4 passenger cart (they also make one for a 2 passenger. All of the sides rollup under the valence. Note another nice addition is the heater. Of course a better solution is living in Florida during the cold Ohio winters.

IMG_8532.jpg.988d09a98c64f41ac9c36de03ed0759e.jpg

IMG_8533.jpg.d5ad78980476dd447765916aa51763e6.jpg

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I'll 3rd the recommendation for the cart heater for cold days.  You'll want to check what model carts you will be using it with.  Some universal covers have a hard time working on newer Yamaha carts.  I have an EZGO TXT and an EZGO RXV and this one works on both.  I've had it for 6-7 years and still going strong.  

https://clubpro.com/product/3-x-4-universal-enclosure-2/

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s