Club/performance trackers

Marino2112

Curious about people's experience with tracking their shots and analyzing their data. I currently use a Garmin watch. It's fine, but can be clunky when trying to log each club and the performance metrics on the Garmin golf app aren't great. This has me thinking about switching to a different product. Has anyone used Shot Scope X5? Is Aroccos worth the annual subscription fee? Are there other trackers that people recommend? Thanks in advance.

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS

3 Wood: Callaway Epic

Hybrids: Callaway Epic Super Hybrid & X2 Hot

Irons: Callaway Mavrik

Wedges: Kirkland

Putter: Odyssey Rossie

Check out the two extended discussions for ShotScope and for Arccos .. look under: Equipment > Technology and you'll see User Group threads.

Originally I use ShotScope and love it! Started with a V2, upgraded to V3 and now waiting for an X5 to arrive.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Just now, cksurfdude said:

Check out the two extended discussions for ShotScope and for Arccos .. look under: Equipment > Technology and you'll see User Group threads.

Originally I use ShotScope and love it! Started with a V2, upgraded to V3 and now waiting for an X5 to arrive.

Thanks! Good to know you like Shot Scope. I'll look for the other threads here too. I thought I may be in the wrong section. Wasn't sure if there were reviews of this.

13 minutes ago, Marino2112 said:

Thanks! Good to know you like Shot Scope. I'll look for the other threads here too. I thought I may be in the wrong section. Wasn't sure if there were reviews of this.

Under testing there are extensive reviews is ShotScope and Arccos.  I use the H4 and have no desire to update to the X5; some improvements but nothing really in the shot tracking area.  The X5 is just coming out and there has been a review in a thread on the forum. 

you can find some reviews here:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/43-shot-scope-prolx/

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/22-shot-scope-v3/

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/21-arccos-smart-sensors/

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/tests/46-arccos-caddie-bundle/https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/45688-shotscope-users-group/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have been using arccos since July and love it. It works well with my Apple Watch. Usually once or twice a round I have to fix where it missed a stroke on my phone. I like being able to look at my stats after every round and see exactly what went well and what didn’t with the data. 
I also like looking at the overview of the last several rounds and where I’m improving.

WITB

• Driver: Mizuno St-220G - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue-Winn dri tac 2.0
  • Hybrid: Ping- G425 3 hybrid- Winn dri tac 2.0
  • Irons: Taylormade Stealth SW-4i- KBS Max 85- Winn dri tac, Ping Eye2 (2 iron)- Winn dri tac
  • Putter: Mizuno M-Craft 1-Superstroke tour 3.0
  • Ball: Taylormade TP5x/ - Pro v 1X
  • Other: Arccos -Garmin Approach R10 Launch Monitor

• 2 weeks later...

Love my shotscope v3. Super easy and I’ve found it to be be pretty accurate. Main issue I have is with the watch not picking up putting strokes, especially if I’m going through a stretch where I’m using claw grip.

I love that for the stats it shows performance average, total average and longest. Helps making club decision on in between shots or risky shots. The strokes gained tracking and comparing to different handicaps has been great for benchmarking as my handicap has changed over the past two years.

Driver: Mizuno STZ, HZRDUS Smoke Green 60S, 9.5 Degree 

3 Wood:  Taylormade M2 (2019)

Hybrids:  Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 21 degree, Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4

Irons:  Adams XTD (Looking to upgrade!)

Wedges:  Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter:  Odyssey #7

Ball: Vice Pro Plus, Taylormade Tp5x, Kirkland 

Push Cart Mafia - Clicgear 4.0  (See more here)

I have used ShotScope since the version 2, then the V3, and I have my X5 now.  The accuracy is on par with anything GPS device I've used, Garmin, Golfbuddy, or phones.  I think they are great, they have consistently gotten better and made improvements throughout the years.  They now have strokes gained on every shot you hit, so you can see the value of each shot.  The customer service is quick to make adjustments with adding clubs and any course mapping issues.  There is also NO SUBSCRIPTION FEES.  Like most trackers, you have to do some editing sometimes, especially on the green with putting and pins.  

Since the X5 was just released, there are plenty of little technical issues, but they will be worked out soon, now they have more players using the watches.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 LS MKII

:Sub70:  Pro Tour 3 wood

:taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 Iron

:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII 4-PW

:callaway-small: Jaw Raw 50w, 56x, 60s

:rife-putters-1: Aruba Tour 

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG 2-Ball

:srixon-small:  Z Star

:ShotScope: V3 and X5 (been using since V2) and Pro L2

9 hours ago, dback said:

Love my shotscope v3. Super easy and I’ve found it to be be pretty accurate. Main issue I have is with the watch not picking up putting strokes, especially if I’m going through a stretch where I’m using claw grip.

Using manual putting mode seems to be the best option for those using the V3 watch.  The other option is to double-check that the putter got tagged.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 hours ago, dback said:

I love that for the stats it shows performance average, total average and longest. Helps making club decision on in between shots or risky shots. The strokes gained tracking and comparing to different handicaps has been great for benchmarking as my handicap has changed over the past two years.

That is really interesting that using a claw grip affects recording strokes. Otherwise it seems like Shot Scope is good. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Love my V3, but did just order the X5 - only because it's the latest. I use the auto putting feature and it hasn't been a problem missing putts. The Shotscope customer service is excellent. FYI previous to the V3 I was an ARRCOS user (also had the Link) and hated all of the editing. The subscription fee convinced me to go to Shotscope. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 hours ago, navykip said:

I have used ShotScope since the version 2, then the V3, and I have my X5 now.  The accuracy is on par with anything GPS device I've used, Garmin, Golfbuddy, or phones.  I think they are great, they have consistently gotten better and made improvements throughout the years.  They now have strokes gained on every shot you hit, so you can see the value of each shot.  The customer service is quick to make adjustments with adding clubs and any course mapping issues.  There is also NO SUBSCRIPTION FEES.  Like most trackers, you have to do some editing sometimes, especially on the green with putting and pins.  

Since the X5 was just released, there are plenty of little technical issues, but they will be worked out soon, now they have more players using the watches.

I currently have a Garmin and it is good. I think accuracy can be off sometimes and it is less reliable now that its a couple years old; which is the main reason I'm looking for something new. After reading the feedback and links people have shared, I'm leaning heavily towards a ShotScope.

2 minutes ago, Marino2112 said:

I currently have a Garmin and it is good. I think accuracy can be off sometimes and it is less reliable now that its a couple years old; which is the main reason I'm looking for something new. After reading the feedback and links people have shared, I'm leaning heavily towards a ShotScope.

BTW I should have mentioned this before - but welcome to the Forum. You'll find lots of great 'real life' reviews here along with a great community. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 minute ago, tony@CIC said:

BTW I should have mentioned this before - but welcome to the Forum. You'll find lots of great 'real life' reviews here along with a great community. 

Thank you! This forum is awesome!! And people here are super cool and helpful.

7 minutes ago, Marino2112 said:

That is really interesting that using a claw grip affects recording strokes. Otherwise it seems like Shot Scope is good. Thanks for sharing your experience.

It is all about how close the watch and tag get so the watch registers the stroke.   Claw grip itself shouldn’t be an issue with the watch being that close to the sensor but for some reason this is one of the issues people report.    I have the H4 unit which requires me to “touch” the tag to the recording unit so unless my shots are really close together it records everything.   Manual putting is similar in that you have to press a button on the watch to record the stroke.   The new X5 has new tags which has a wider range and would hopefully capture putts better in automatic mode.   

39 minutes ago, Marino2112 said:

I think it all comes down to hand positioning bc the tag needs to be in a certain proximity of watch. I love going through my after round summary and signing off, fun to re-live the good shots but also really helpful on visualizing the round. Highly recommend any Shotscope product that I have used.

Driver: Mizuno STZ, HZRDUS Smoke Green 60S, 9.5 Degree 

3 Wood:  Taylormade M2 (2019)

Hybrids:  Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 21 degree, Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4

Irons:  Adams XTD (Looking to upgrade!)

Wedges:  Taylormade Milled Grind

Putter:  Odyssey #7

Ball: Vice Pro Plus, Taylormade Tp5x, Kirkland 

Push Cart Mafia - Clicgear 4.0  (See more here)

2 hours ago, Marino2112 said:

I should also add that the sensors come with the package, however should you want a spare set they're $35.00 for 16 and unlike ARRCOS sensors they don't need batteries. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 4/18/2023 at 11:35 AM, 202 said:

It looks like ShotScope is the way to go (and the most used one).

Full disclosure: I have been a user of ShotScope since their inception & a staunch supporter. If you are comfortable wearing a 'watch device' while playing (I can/do), then ShotScope makes a great product worthy of your time/attention. They do not require a subscription fee - a big positive for those of us that can't golf year-round, Their customer service is extremely responsive - great when a course is unmapped (rare) or has been changed (i.e., green moved. bunker added, etc). Yes, I purchased an X5....relegating the V3 to the place where my golf-stuff goes to die....or least take a break & get its act together. 🙄

Prior to ShotScope releasing the X5 watch this year, I invested in Arccos because my new clubs came with their sensors installed. A partnership between Arccos/PING netted me sensors for the rest of my clubs for free. I purchased a Link gen2 at a reduced price, paid for a 1-year subscription 🤬, & voila....I am an Arccos subscriber. Their software is better (read-as more in-depth....if you utilize it) & it was their 'Caddie' feature that intrigued me. NOTE: the Caddie feature isn't functional until you log 5 rounds.

As you can read on this & other forums, ShotScope is a serious contender. My ShotScope V3 never missed a shot/putt. - until I started putting left-hand-low (which placed the watch out-of-range of the putter sensor). The X5 has increased range so that shouldn't be an issue going-forward. Make sure you know how to enter penalty shots, lost ball, etc while playing....if that pertains to you. If not, consider yourself blessed.

Admittedly, my Link/Arccos didn't miss a shot either....all 93 of them 😭  I have the Arccos app on my Samsung watch - yes, it's available - so nothing was lost when I caught myself glancing at my wrist for a yardage (ingrained ShotScope habit), What I didn't care for was referring to my phone quite a bit during the round - a pet peeve of mine. Should have thought about that when wanting the 'Caddie' feature, huh? Well, I have more disposable income than brain cells 🤪

Final verdict (IMO): ShotScope X5. The V3 is serviceable if you are looking to save some additional money. They have upgraded their hardware quite a bit with the X5 & rumor is their software is their next push this season. If more data, analytics, and paying for a subscription while you watch the snow fly is your thing, Arccos can hold its own (subject to change).

Disclaimer: this advertisement wasn't paid for by anyone & may/may not be indicative of your results 😉

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

On 4/19/2023 at 9:41 PM, CudaKota66 said:

Full disclosure: I have been a user of ShotScope since their inception & a staunch supporter. If you are comfortable wearing a 'watch device' while playing (I can/do), then ShotScope makes a great product worthy of your time/attention. They do not require a subscription fee - a big positive for those of us that can't golf year-round, Their customer service is extremely responsive - great when a course is unmapped (rare) or has been changed (i.e., green moved. bunker added, etc). Yes, I purchased an X5....relegating the V3 to the place where my golf-stuff goes to die....or least take a break & get its act together. 🙄

Prior to ShotScope releasing the X5 watch this year, I invested in Arccos because my new clubs came with their sensors installed. A partnership between Arccos/PING netted me sensors for the rest of my clubs for free. I purchased a Link gen2 at a reduced price, paid for a 1-year subscription 🤬, & voila....I am an Arccos subscriber. Their software is better (read-as more in-depth....if you utilize it) & it was their 'Caddie' feature that intrigued me. NOTE: the Caddie feature isn't functional until you log 5 rounds.

As you can read on this & other forums, ShotScope is a serious contender. My ShotScope V3 never missed a shot/putt. - until I started putting left-hand-low (which placed the watch out-of-range of the putter sensor). The X5 has increased range so that shouldn't be an issue going-forward. Make sure you know how to enter penalty shots, lost ball, etc while playing....if that pertains to you. If not, consider yourself blessed.

Admittedly, my Link/Arccos didn't miss a shot either....all 93 of them 😭  I have the Arccos app on my Samsung watch - yes, it's available - so nothing was lost when I caught myself glancing at my wrist for a yardage (ingrained ShotScope habit), What I didn't care for was referring to my phone quite a bit during the round - a pet peeve of mine. Should have thought about that when wanting the 'Caddie' feature, huh? Well, I have more disposable income than brain cells 🤪

Final verdict (IMO): ShotScope X5. The V3 is serviceable if you are looking to save some additional money. They have upgraded their hardware quite a bit with the X5 & rumor is their software is their next push this season. If more data, analytics, and paying for a subscription while you watch the snow fly is your thing, Arccos can hold its own (subject to change).

Disclaimer: this advertisement wasn't paid for by anyone & may/may not be indicative of your results 😉

That's a great breakdown.   

:srixon-small:  ZX5 LS MKII

:Sub70:  Pro Tour 3 wood

:taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 Iron

:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII 4-PW

:callaway-small: Jaw Raw 50w, 56x, 60s

:rife-putters-1: Aruba Tour 

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG 2-Ball

:srixon-small:  Z Star

:ShotScope: V3 and X5 (been using since V2) and Pro L2

Arccos is nice ... but is expensive In my opinion. I have the link and the club sensors initial setup and pairing is easy I've had a harder time swapping clubs out and repairing the clubs. The app is nice and I use it in place of a range finder it takes a lot of things into account and will give good context to your game and provides pretty accurate  shot tracking with an occasional edit needed.

CJ

Cobra nova putter

Pxg forged wedges

Sub 70 659 cb irons

Callaway rogue Driver

Not exactly what people are asking for but the MyTaylorMade On Course App works pretty well, albeit it is manual. You basically "tag" all your shots which are tracked by GPS by clicking "add shot" and then assigning a club to it (or not, you can skip assigning a club if you are punching out or chipping and don't want to mess up your distances). It also does strokes gained, keeps score, etc. My version is free but I don't if that is because I was grandfathered in since I have been using it for two years. There are no tags or wearables, it is just you marking shots on your phone. You can move the flag on the green to where the pin placement is and I usually walk my putts off (I do this anyway to guage speed) and then you can mark the putt to be that distance away.

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832