Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What brand do you game?

Kmbond

I have mizuno jpx 900 forged 4-pw.  The 4 & 5 swap in and out with a couple hybrids and right now the irons are swapped out.  I have been getting the itch to try something newer than the jpx 900's.  I am not surewhere i will end up.

My wedges are mixed: a sub 70 50* an sm9 54* and a cleveland 58*.  They have been tweaked to play at specific yardages.  I doubt i will be moving on from these as it takes me a while to dial in loft and lie to what i want.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Callaway irons and wedges, Cobra driving iron and woods, and I'm absolutely hopeless for putters, I currently have 6 with another on the way 😅, but currently gaming a Scotty Squareback 2 

20230509_1348332.jpg.0239932bfc885c98e12512ddd68a659d.jpg

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

Srixon ZX4- 4&5 iron 

Srixon- ZX5- 6-PW

Cleveland RTX6- 48 & 54

Cleveland Zipcore full face 58

Titleist TSR4 with Ventus 6S black

Srixon MkII 3 wood with Ventus 7S blue

Titleist U505 3 & 4 iron with VA Nemesys 90S 

Srixon ZX4 5 iron

Srixon ZX5 6-PW

TT S400 shafts

Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport

Maxfli Tour ball

On 8/20/2023 at 3:02 PM, funkyjudge said:

Callaway Paradym irons (I was a Spring 2023 tester and they stayed in my bag). I have played Edison and an old pair of Scratch wedges for most of the season, but after receiving the pair of Cobra Snakebite wedges from chisag, I cut them down 1/2” and bent them to my flatter lie angle specs and put them in my bag (we’ll see how that works out, as I will be playing golf three times this week).

Hey man I was wondering something. I see you play the E722 with blue ventus. I play the C722 w blue ventus. I noticed you tipped it. 

Was wondering if you did this to lower the launch of the head design. I had the exs 220 9.5 driver head (upgrading from EXS driver) and found the original EXS driver was a better fit for me than the super high moi exs 220 

I love the woods and hybrids from the exs 220 line and find it great to when hitting off the deck due to the built in trajectory and easy launch in the design; but the driver head was giving me lots of trajectory with the high moi design with the way back 30g weight. Not as long an far too high with a low launch shaft. Was wondering if you notice a similar effect with the e722 and the 30 g weight. I am a fan of the C722 but Im curious if the E would have been a better fit as I keep the 20g weight in back.

Edited by KOG

Driver : Exotics EXS Pro with with Diamana 'ahina 70 stiff

3 Wood : Yamaha RMX 15* with Evenflow Green Stiff

7 Wood: Yonex Ezone with UST Comp stiff

5 Hybrid : PXG 3017x (2nd gen) w KBS Tour Graphite Stiff

Utility Iron: Srizon ZX 23* w MMT 85 stiff

6-gw Matlby TS3 w MMT 85 stiff

52* / 58* Vokey SM7 w Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter: PRGR Silver Blade Wide Blade slant

Sun Mountain C130 Bag

7 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

I game a bit of a mixed bag. Ping, driver, PXG, 3 wood and hybrid, Ping Crossover, Callaway irons and sand wedge and an Evnroll putter.

IMG_2087.jpeg.262cb82d606130e0682c913fda7e00e0.jpeg

My bag looks like a golf store threw up to 🤣. Ping woods for now. TM DHY utility was a failure, may try Callaway UW or new Super Hybrid,Irons are Titleist T300, I have a RTX full face 52 wedge and a TM Hitoe3 56 because I wanted to try one and it felt heavier like it would blast through the sand, Main putter is a Cleveland but I had 2  Scotty Cameron putters that i traded up on that were never going to be gamers but FB marketplace dished up a GOLO S at a price I could not pass up a week or so ago and im trying it out as a possible gamer. Current ball is Bridgestone XS but 2023 ball test has me intested, especially in the Maxfli new soft tour , wouldnt mind saving money and gaming a better ball. As a Vet I should try PXG stuff but I live in rural Alabama and have only ever seen 1 PXG club and it would take work to go to a fitting.

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

2 hours ago, KOG said:

Hey man I was wondering something. I see you play the E722 with blue ventus. I play the C722 w blue ventus. I noticed you tipped it. 

Was wondering if you did this to lower the launch of the head design. I had the exs 220 9.5 driver head (upgrading from EXS driver) and found the original EXS driver was a better fit for me than the super high moi exs 220 

I love the woods and hybrids from the exs 220 line and find it great to when hitting off the deck due to the built in trajectory and easy launch in the design; but the driver head was giving me lots of trajectory with the high moi design with the way back 30g weight. Not as long an far too high with a low launch shaft. Was wondering if you notice a similar effect with the e722 and the 30 g weight. I am a fan of the C722 but Im curious if the E would have been a better fit as I keep the 20g weight in back.

My profile "what's in the bag" list is incorrect and I have attempted to change it dozens of times to no avail.  I played the Exotics E722 driver for a while, but found that, even though it was tipped, that Ventus Blue TR shaft was too flexible and soft for me.  Tipping that shaft did not stiffen it up enough for me, and it definitely did not lower the launch, although setting the adapter to -1* in loft helped a little. 

I actually play the Callaway Paradym X driver and it is shafted with a HZRDUS Black 6.0 (stiff) shaft that performs much better for me. Prior to this, I was playing a Callaway Rogue ST Max LS (low spin) driver with that same HZRDUS Black 6.0 shaft in it. This shaft is a significantly better fit for me that a Ventus VeloCore Blue 5R (tipped), although the Ventus VeloCore TR Blue 6S is a pretty good fit for my swing.

I also prefer the EXS driver and fairway woods over the EXS220 models, but I have friends and customers who absolutely loved (and still love) the EXS220 models. For me, the best T.E. Exotics driver so far has been the C721 at 9.5* loft.  I also like the C721 irons the best of any Exotics irons in the past 6 or 7 years. Next best for me were (and are) the C722 irons.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

Footjoy gloves, Ecco shoes, Ping driver, Tour Edge 3W, Cleveland hybrids, New Level irons, Cleveland wedges, Odyssey putter and Titleist ProV1 and Maxfli Tour X balls. No loyalty to brand. I game what independently tests well and what performs best for me for there.

Short game savant, driving disaster...

Mizuno 4-PW. Titleist Vokey 52, 56, 60
At this juncture it wouldn’t take much for me to change. Possibly back to TaylorMade or PXG. 
This is my bag (except wedges are 50 / 55 / 60 building off the Mizuno PW @45). I could also easily jump ship on the irons at least after trying my son's Apex TCBs...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Callaway Epic Flash Tour Certified - 8.5° with MCA Tensei Raw AV White 70 Gram Tour X - Tipped 1" - Set to N / -1
  • Callaway AiSmoke Triple Diamond - 15* 3-wood - Project X Denali 6.5 flex shaft - Set to N/S
  • Titleist TS2 Hybrid (18°) with MCA Tensei White AV 80X shaft - C1 setting
  • Taylormade P7MC (2020) Irons - 4-9 (Standard L/L) with Tour Issue X100 Shafts at +5/8"
  • Taylormade MG4 48.09SB TI X100 and 52.09SB / 56.12SB / 60.07LBV wedges with DG TI Onyx Black X100 Shafts at +5/8"
  • Golf Pride ZGRIP Plus2 on irons and wedges (plus fairway) / Lamkin ST Hybrid Midsize on Driver / Hybrid
  • Sik DW (2.0) C Series Putter in black finish (36") with Sik Golf Black Pistol
  • Balls: Mostly Maxfli Tour

PXG gen 5 irons, 5&6 XP; 7-G P   New irons only played 1 round with them so far but results were great and they feel amazing  

Cleveland zip code wedges 54,58. I’ve played the Cleveland wedges over the years try others and always come back. 

Titleist irons and wedges. I do have one Cleveland’s wedge that I bought just to try. I like it but I don’t love I go by feel so if I find something I like better I’d change. I have the 2019 T200’s and I just haven’t found anything that feels better

TaylorMade Stealth 10.5* Graphite design Tour_AD GP-6 Stiff :taylormade-small:

Titleist TSi2 15* Fairway wood Hazardous Smoke Black Stiff :titleist-small:

Titleist TSi2 18* Hybrid Hazardous Smoke Stiff :titleist-small:

Titleist TSi2 24* Hybrid Hazardous Smoke Stiff Titleist TSi2 21* :titleist-small:

Titleist T200 Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 5-PW :titleist-small:

Titleist SM 8 Wedges 50* 8 - 56* 14 - 60* 8 :titleist-small:

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport Putter :scotty-cameron-1:

Titleist Hybrid 14 Stand Bag :titleist-small:

I'm using callaway mavriks for my irons and a fairly cheap off brand for my wedges. I have been fairly happy with my irons and I think I would only change if they broke. Wedges on the other hand I have a love hate relationship with and would be open to changing them.

Hello

I just made a switch to Srixon zx5 (4-6) and zx7 (7-PW), Vokey Wedges.

Just picked them up today and heading to the range this evening.  

20230822_144754.jpg

20230822_144808.jpg

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

On 8/9/2023 at 7:37 AM, Kmbond said:

What brand irons and wedges are in your game? How did you pick that brand? And what would it take for you to switch? 

Currently in the bag are Mizuno MP20 MMC (5-PW).  Before these I gamed the TaylorMade TP MC's (2011), just changed last season.  As for the wedges I game TM MG3 50*, Mizuno T22 55* Raw and T22 59* Denim Cooper.  I really like the Mizuno wedges in wet conditions.

Driver: PXG Black Ops 10.5 (small +) HZRDUS Black Gen 4 6.0

5 Wood TM Stealth 2, 9 Wood TM Stealth 2 (both with MCA Kai'li Blue 70, S-flex) 

Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 (25 degree) MCA Diamana S-flex

Irons: Mizuno PXG 0317T SteelFiber i95 Private Reserve S Flex

Wedges: TaylorMade MG3 (50 degree), Mizuno T22 (55 and 59 degree) 

Putter: Bettinardi 2019 Studio Stock 2 MCA MMT Putter or Meridian Tybee

I play Mizuno irons (JPX-923 Pro) and Callaway wedges (Full-Toe).

I switched to the Mizunos due to reviews of their forgiveness, particularly wrt toe contact, my typical miss. I find them to be extremely forgiving in this regard.

Due to similar tech claims, I also tried the Mizuno S23 wedges for a while. But I just couldn't dial them in, particularly the shorter, in-between, touch yardages. So, I switched back to the Full-Toes.

Besides, I tend to like larger faced wedges and didn't realize, purchased sight-unseen, that the S23's were so much smaller.

What would make me switch? For the irons, it would take at least the same forgiveness as the 923 Pros with a similar profile. So to switch, they'd need to be better at something, accuracy, feel, etc. But I won't compromise on forgiveness. The 923 Pros have afforded me such great results off mis-hits that I'd often hardly deserve.

Similar for wedges. They have to offer something better with a similar profile. But I do love mine with their Recoil 110 shafts, so it'd be hard to influence change before I wear them out. The S23s were an impulse buy because I'd been so darned impressed with the 923 Pro irons. But truth is, I've loved my Full-Toe wedges, so once I had the notion that the S23s might not work out for me, I looked forward to returning to the Full-Toes. And when I did? Instant improvement in my wedge play.

Ping G 400 irons and metals and wedges are Ping Glide 2.0. I'm happy with them. Only had 5 seasons so to switch, I guess I'd have to manage to come up with $3000 free cash at this point.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

3 hours ago, Dweed said:

Ping G 400 irons and metals and wedges are Ping Glide 2.0. I'm happy with them. Only had 5 seasons so to switch, I guess I'd have to manage to come up with $3000 free cash at this point.

Not necessarily. Maybe just repurpose the shafts with some new matlby heads? If shaft is metal heat, remove clean epoxy in new heads. Resell the ping heads for probably more than the cost of matlbys. Plenty of their clubs are more forgiving than the pings or just as forgiving but forged and sleeker. I rec TS3 or KE4 Max (easiest clubs I ever hit and previous were Ping G) TS4s are beautiful. These are the 9 and pw of the ts3 I built. Smaller profile, very soft forging, higher forgiveness rating that the g400, smaller more players shape. 

https://www.golfworks.com/clubs/heads/

image.png.83fce98108f62738535edd4a62c85257.png

Edited by KOG

Driver : Exotics EXS Pro with with Diamana 'ahina 70 stiff

3 Wood : Yamaha RMX 15* with Evenflow Green Stiff

7 Wood: Yonex Ezone with UST Comp stiff

5 Hybrid : PXG 3017x (2nd gen) w KBS Tour Graphite Stiff

Utility Iron: Srizon ZX 23* w MMT 85 stiff

6-gw Matlby TS3 w MMT 85 stiff

52* / 58* Vokey SM7 w Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter: PRGR Silver Blade Wide Blade slant

Sun Mountain C130 Bag

Irons 3-PW Callaway Apex Forged Pro '16 Project X5.5 Uniflex shafts.

GW: Vokey SM7 50 degree

SW Cleveland CG16 56 degree

3W, 5W Cleveland HB Turbo Stiff shafts

Driver: Titleist TS3 9.0 Stiff shaft

Putter: Odyssey #9

Apex forged Pro.jpg

Boardshort Golfer,

Its only a game, until it isn't

Never been a "one brand only" guy, but my irons always seem to end up being Hogan irons. I am currently swinging my Ben Hogan Icon irons, Ping driver, 3 wood and utility iron, Itobori MTG wedges, and an Envroll putter. 

WITB (Current):

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10.5, Mitsubishi Kai'Li X-Flex (set at 9.5)

Wood(s): Ping G425 LST 3 Wood 15, Ping Tour 2.0 Black X-Flex 

Hybrid/Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 2 (18 degrees), Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome X-Flex

Irons: Ping i230 4-PW, Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: Fourteen RM-4, 50, 54, 58

Putter: Sub70 AL5 Armlock

Ball: Titleist Prov1x Left Dash/Vice Pro Plus