Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

Callaway Paradym Star Driver

DukeStKing

Looks like Callaway is jumping on the same wagon as PING with a super lightweight version of their Paradym driver. https://www.callawaygolf.com/golf-clubs/drivers/drivers-2023-paradym-star.html 
The exception being that the PING G430 is the same Max head with a lighter weight in the head. Reminds me of the “Otto Phlex” journey @azstu324 but without the counterweighting to get the swing weight to D0 or D1. Congrats Stu- you should be designing clubs for the big boys! 

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

3 hours ago, DukeStKing said:

Looks like Callaway is jumping on the same wagon as PING with a super lightweight version of their Paradym driver. https://www.callawaygolf.com/golf-clubs/drivers/drivers-2023-paradym-star.html 
The exception being that the PING G430 is the same Max head with a lighter weight in the head. Reminds me of the “Otto Phlex” journey @azstu324 but without the counterweighting to get the swing weight to D0 or D1. Congrats Stu- you should be designing clubs for the big boys! 

Callaway I believe has done this with regularity in their lineups. Especially with their Japanese releases. 

Good for them to bring this to market as there will be many who prefer it or it works better for them. Can't say it is for me, but would be interested in others feedback who have hit it tried this.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

9 hours ago, DukeStKing said:

I just read the Otto Phlex thread last night because I have been struggling with the driver lately and was looking at driver shaft threads.  I am going to give it a try with my Titleist driver.  My PXG driver is too new and I don't think the wife would approve of a new driver but I should be able to manage a cheap shaft without too much complaint.... ha

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

16 minutes ago, jdparker said:

I just read the Otto Phlex thread last night because I have been struggling with the driver lately and was looking at driver shaft threads.  I am going to give it a try with my Titleist driver.  My PXG driver is too new and I don't think the wife would approve of a new driver but I should be able to manage a cheap shaft without too much complaint.... ha

It worked great for me for a while- you really have to keep your tempo relaxed, which I have a problem doing. If you get changeable weights for the head of your driver head it will make getting to D0 or D1 easier. The experiment didn’t translate one I got my Paradym, but it made me realize that I like and do better with lighter stiff shafts. Good luck. 

6 minutes ago, DukeStKing said:

It worked great for me for a while- you really have to keep your tempo relaxed, which I have a problem doing. If you get changeable weights for the head of your driver head it will make getting to D0 or D1 easier. The experiment didn’t translate one I got my Paradym, but it made me realize that I like and do better with lighter stiff shafts. Good luck. 

Thanks for the info!  I will definitely get some additional weights.  I had also considered just a lighter stiff shaft as well but haven't read up on that option as much yet.  

1 hour ago, jdparker said:

Thanks for the info!  I will definitely get some additional weights.  I had also considered just a lighter stiff shaft as well but haven't read up on that option as much yet.  

I got a Graphite Design HD AD 5S for my Paradym (got the Hzrdus Silver 50 gram when I bought the club). I like the lighter weight and the stiffer tip of the GD- lets me keep my faster tempo with a light weight shaft. I tried the Grafalloy (Otto Phlex) in the Paradym and it launched way too high- the GD gives me a more penetrating flight. The nice part about the 50 gram stiff shafts is that they still have some play in them- they don’t feel like wooden boards- my swing speed is 97-103 so I like a shaft I can feel load and release. I may try and trim the tip in the Grafalloy and try it again in the Paradym. That’s what I did with my 3 wood, which is an Otto Phlex Project X Riptide shaft.  But that won’t be until the driver misbehaves with the GD… 

Edited by DukeStKing

19 minutes ago, DukeStKing said:

I got a Graphite Design HD AD 5S for my Paradym (got the Hzrdus Silver 50 gram when I bought the club). I like the lighter weight and the stiffer tip of the GD- lets me keep my faster tempo with a light weight shaft. I tried the Grafalloy (Otto Phlex) in the Paradym and it launched way too high- the GD gives me a more penetrating flight. The nice part about the 50 gram stiff shafts is that they still have some play in them- they don’t feel like wooden boards- my swing speed is 97-103 so I like a shaft I can feel load and release. I may try and trim the tip in the Grafalloy and try it again in the Paradym. That’s what I did with my 3 wood, which is an Otto Phlex Project X Riptide shaft.  But that won’t be until the driver misbehaves with the GD… 

Great!  Thanks for the info on the shaft. I'm right around the 105-108 ss 

3 hours ago, DukeStKing said:

I was digging in a little more on the shaft choices and came across this one.  PROJECT X CYPHER WOODS 40 6.0 40G STIFF.  For the price, I am thinking of giving it a go.  Found one under $100 

7 hours ago, jdparker said:

I was digging in a little more on the shaft choices and came across this one.  PROJECT X CYPHER WOODS 40 6.0 40G STIFF.  For the price, I am thinking of giving it a go.  Found one under $100 

If that includes the adapter, it’s a good price for sure. Good luck. 

Edited by DukeStKing