The Masters - 2024

Splatt

Until his late blow up, was good to see Morikawa finding glimpses of the brilliance he had in years past. 

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

I wish Morikawa would have won. The PGA tour really needed another star to step-up. Scottie is playing amazing right now. Hes a great great guy but the tour needs more firepower in their stance against LIV.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I didn't watch a ton, but enjoyed this years masters. It looked tough! Congrats to Scottie. The best in the world and proving it time and time again. 

Mentioned on the NLU podcast, but I am very curious to see how the others stepup and see how they work to take their games to another level or just start playing for second. 

Watching him on TV, it’s just impressive…other than the first couple of holes yesterday, every shot seems to be hit the correct distance and placed exactly where it needs to be.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

16 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Ludwig is looking pretty strong!

what a fantastic skill set he has, my hope is he works harder than any other golfer and rises to the "elite" level. I will be watching with interest.

A question for you, Jamie,  as I am sure you have been around many elite athletes in your former job, was there one element that was consistent with the best curlers in the world? 

committed to performance excellence

How is Scheffler so incredibly fun to watch and nauseatingly boring at the same time? lol. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

5 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

How is Scheffler so incredibly fun to watch and nauseatingly boring at the same time? lol. 

Because he looks like a trapeze artist hitting the golf ball, but he's by far the best iron player on Tour.  Wild combo.

WITB

• Driver - 9 Degree Callaway Rogue Max LS
  • 3 Wood - 14.5 Degree Taylor Made Sim 2
  • Hybrid - 19 Degree Callaway 
  • Irons - 4 - Gap Mizuno JPX 921 Forged
  • Wedges - 54 & 58 Titleist Vokey SM8
  • Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport+

5 minutes ago, KingSlender said:

Because he looks like a trapeze artist hitting the golf ball, but he's by far the best iron player on Tour.  Wild combo.

Very true - I'd also argue he takes relatively few risks (probably doesn't have to given he's so dang good).

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

2 hours ago, KingSlender said:

I don't get the response to his swing.  He gets to 100% on his left like we all should.  No right leg push off -- fully relaxed.  Looks kind of perfect to me.

I have a friend who described it as "getting worse" last year.  Yeah, the best strokes gained tee-to-green in history for anyone not named Tiger Woods.  Pretty bad!

Edited by mardukes

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

6 hours ago, mardukes said:

any word from Tiger?

just saw him interviewed saying it was a good week.  he finished last!

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

Ran my first pick em pool this year for the Masters. I think it went well and most of the feedback was good. We did it through run your pool (dot com) and they have a good set up, pick six players out of six different tiers, the tiers are based on odds to win. I set it up so your strongest three scores stayed and you dropped your worst three. We had 20 people and played it winner take all, I asked the guys what they thought about it going forward and we are going to do multiple payouts based on participation levels for the PGA (12+ people pays 1st and 2nd, 20 plus pays 3 etc). I think it was fun and went well considering I exclusively invited friends and family, hope it’s something I can grow out of my network and have some good sized pots. I really wanted to make a live spreadsheet and manage it that way but the work that would’ve taken isn’t within my scope. 

“You can talk to a fade but a hook won’t listen”,

Lee Trevino

I didn't get to see most of this years Masters. Unfortunately Paramount+ only let you see the CBS coverage on Thursday and Friday if you have the basic plan. They make you upgrade to their premium package to see the weekend coverage. Peacock does not do this with the NBC coverage. I ended up listening to most of it on my SiriusXM app while working out in the yard.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

On 4/15/2024 at 7:02 AM, Quigleyd said:

Probably he loves his wife more than he loves golf.

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

On 4/16/2024 at 6:34 AM, Parshooter36 said:

I didn't get to see most of this years Masters. Unfortunately Paramount+ only let you see the CBS coverage on Thursday and Friday if you have the basic plan. They make you upgrade to their premium package to see the weekend coverage. Peacock does not do this with the NBC coverage. I ended up listening to most of it on my SiriusXM app while working out in the yard.

I have Cox cable and saw the weekend shows on regular CBS, delayed until the last 2 or 3 groups tee off.

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

1 minute ago, ILMgolfnut said:

Seems to be working rather well for him.

Before the beard, he reminded me of Alley Oop, the old caveman comic strip.  The beard hides his chin.  I hate how good he is and the foot shuffle.  Now that he can putt, I expect he will be rich enough in a few years to buy a Texas baseball, NFL, or NBA team.  Or maybe PBR (Professional Bull riding, rodeo).   Then, when he is in his 40s or 50s, governor of Texas.  Nobody could beat him.