Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Find tester's main reviews here!

@gavinski91 - Review

@Willie T - Review

@EnderinAZ - Review

@Rico_de_Gallo - Review

@Cmra1 - Review

@leichliter_jake - Review

Want a discount on Claw gloves? We worked out a special deal for you through this link! Claw Glove MGS Deal! (Use code: MGS for 15% off)

I have now taken two of the three gloves out for an 18 hole spin. Weather both times has been hot (+110 degrees F) and quite humid for Mesa Arizona. 

The Claw Max (the glove on the left) has suede fingertips and the entire thumb. These combined with the non-breathing silicone palm made my hand on the edge of uncomfortably hot to wear constantly. 

clawbucket.jpg

The Claw Pro white (middle in both pictures) has the mesh covering all of the fingers and thumb and is noticeably cooler to wear on the hot days. 

clawcart.jpg

Both gloves showed no sign of sweat leaching through to the back of my hand, though every other item of clothing I had on definitely showed signs of sweat leaching through. After a single round in this kind of heat a regular leather glove would show sweat signs but it would take 2 or 3 rounds for the salt in the leather to start to get "crunchy".

The white Pro is the most comfortable of the three gloves I am testing. So I did the arduous task of turning the glove inside out to find out why. As a comparison I also turned inside out my current inexpensive Finger 10 glove that I purchased from Amazon in a 5 pack for a little over 30 dollars. 

The seams and the threads in the Claw glove are soft and supple.

clawseam3.jpg

The Finger 10 glove.... Not so much.

finger10seam3.jpg

The finger tip seams on the Claw are soft and there is are three separate materials that cumulate in that area. At first, I thought the glove finger tips might become an issue, but after a hole or two of play I no longer noticed the insides of the fingers or thumb at all. 

clawseam2.jpg

The Finger 10 glove finger tip seams when looking and feeling them from this side are stiffer, but cause no issue when wearing the glove. 

Finger10seam2.jpg

The difference is along the index finger seams. 

seam1.jpg

The Finger 10 seam on the right was ridged and stiff right out of the package. The threads did not give or stretch as I closed my hand on the club grip. This combination along with the heat rubbed my index finger raw. That is not the case with any of the Claw gloves. The Claw glove stitching and seam work are all supple and smooth giving the gloves a "second skin" like feel. 

So far I am impressed. Next test, I am going to drop the glove, silicone side down, into the dusty dirt. I am loth to do this. I really like the glove and silicone does not play well with sand and dust. 

Oh, I did figure out how to cool down my hand while wearing the Claw Max. 

Edited by EnderinAZ

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

Got my intro up now. Unfortunately I didn't get out of the office until 8pm last night (it's audit season - yay) so I haven't actually checked the mail yet this week. Potentially have my first impressions up tomorrow though!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB at 7.5°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review | 2024 Claw Glove Review

Might as well be Christmas in June ... Gloves are in, testing has begun, and I might even get to play 18 tomorrow .... I'll get a full write up for initial thoughts and pics up tomorrow but some early testing results and thoughts are here.

Quick note, we currently do not have the standard "Claw" glove and only have the "Pro" and "Max" models. TBD if that will change

Sizing chart on their site works. Pro and Max model use the same sizing chart. Pro fits nice and snug, the Max model feels a bit tighter, but not to the point that it feels uncomfortable.

Overall the they gloves look sleek, well fabricated, nice snug fit, really good velcro and above all else, it grips.... it's laughable how much it grips. So let's get to it ... first round of testing results are below with explanations below the table.

image.png.8e020be3cbfde9de3096d399f307c344.png

Putting It On Test - Just as it sounds, I'm testing out easy it is to put on these gloves (compared to my current glove, the FJ WeatherSof). I did it 20 times for each glove. The Claw Max gave me troubles as my fingers would get caught between the mesh and the leather near the finger tips. Not a big deal to fix, but it happens routinely (65% of the time)

image.png.96a32308a868e0c0a496a49f4cbfcc15.png

Cabinet Test - 

So I said I laughed when I felt how much grip there is in this and my first thought was can the friction of the grip win over gravity? … Sorry, you guys got an engineer involved.  So I put on the glove and headed to a cabinet (or anything that is head height and a smooth finish, a door would be fine). With the glove on, elbow close to 90 degrees, I put my hand on the cabinet and let my arm relax to see what would happen. With the leather gloves, there is nearly no resistance, it just slides on down. The Claw gloves hold up though. The grip on the glove is strong enough to hold the weight of my hand/arm up, keep in mind that I am not pushing against the cabinet.

Even when trying to drag my hand across a countertop, there is significant resistance when wearing the claw gloves.

Pocket Tests - While I generally take my glove of frequently during a round, there are occasions where I need to get something out of my pocket with a glove on (maybe a tee, another ball, etc.). So I did some tests where I put various items in my pocket to pull out. I tested my front left and my back left pockets. The 1 item test was a golf ball. The 2 item test was a tee and a ball. Finally, the 3 item test included a ball, tee, and divot repair tool.

Overall the leather glove performed the the best, but the Claw gloves will get the job done. It is noticeably more tacky and the Max Glove became a bit more difficult with more items in my pocket. THis may be due to the a little tighter fit. Dexterity and mobility isn't an issue, the gloves have some serious grip.

=======================================

That's it for now .... time to head to the course and do some testing ... maybe even swing a club.  

Edited by Rico_de_Gallo

Love some good Breakfast Tacos and Biscuits

Driver: :PXG: 0311BlackOps     

Wood: :PXG: 0311 Gen 6, 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons: :PXG: 0311P Gen6,  4 iron - Gap Wedge

Wedges: :PXG: Sugar Daddy II, 52* and 56* 

Putter: :PXG: Battle Ready II, Bat Attack 

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x

Technology: :Arccos: and :918457628_PrecisionPro:

2024 Caddy Daddy Claw Glove Test

Opened up the gloves last night - here's what stands out so far:

Shipping

The gloves came packed in a USPS Priority Mail tyvek envelope, with a piece of cardboard inside for added stability. Each glove comes in a cardboard box like most other premium gloves, although there is no plastic wrapping inside (probably not necessary with no real leather on the gloves).

IMG_1850.jpg.7bdfa2f7aeeaf163b17b844c7fb9e04e.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg.c5214511151e3b26a2df9c2650dfa45a.jpg

Construction

Like everyone else in the test, I received two Pro gloves (one white and one grey) and a Max glove (white). Here they all are out of the package:

IMG_1853.jpg.c415151ba1f1e14a69868cb27d42f49d.jpg

I went with the recommended size based on the size chart online, so I got an XL. That seems to be the right size - any smaller and I wouldn't be able to get the glove down over my palm. The elastic wrist feels like it's a little bit closer to my palm than I'm used to, but the limiting factor is the webbing between the thumb and index finger, which prevents me from getting my hand any further into the glove (even though I have a little bit of space at the end of the fingers).

IMG_1852.jpg.4309e41d8243bdfe43c986fe9f32d853.jpg

Speaking of fingers, the material on the back and insides of the fingers of the Pro gloves is a mesh material that is incredibly stretchy - so much so that it feels loose in comparison to a traditional golf glove (even though it is fairly snug). The Max glove has a synthetic leather material on part of the back of the fingers, so it doesn't stretch the same, but those fingers are larger in diameter (so they fit fairly loosely on my fingers).

As Rico mentioned above, the gloves use a very sticky velcro patch. The tradeoff there is that the velcro patch is then very stiff. Hopefully it softens up over time, but that level of velcro does feel like overkill, and negatively impacts first impressions for comfort.

Comparison

As I was going over the gloves for the first time, there was something in the back of my head telling me that these gloves seemed familiar, and then it hit me: they are very similar to a lot of mountain biking gloves! After that thought hit me, I ran to my gear storage room and grabbed a pair of mountain bike gloves that I had there to compare.

IMG_1859.jpg.2ec61c38a54fb92a7ba86a5d51208596.jpgIMG_1860.jpg.8ae853f809a480cde8962b755ef00e81.jpg

The mountain biking gloves that I have pictured are Dakine brand, and don't have the silicone overlay on the whole hand, just the thumb and index finger (which are used for shifting gears and grabbing the brake levers). The construction is very similar though:

• Breathable, mesh-like material on the back of the hands that is very stretchy
  • Extra-thin stretch material between the fingers
  • Synthetic suede palm with silicone overlay for extra grip

The only significant differences are the placement of the velcro (the golf gloves are easier to put on and take off, but have a bigger impact on wrist flexion) and the palm construction (the mtb gloves have the thumb perpendicular to the fingers, which allows them to make a single-piece palm). I wouldn't be surprised at all if mtb gloves were the inspiration for the Claw gloves (or if they are even made in the same factory).

I will have more thoughts later this week once I've had a chance to use them on the course.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB at 7.5°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review | 2024 Claw Glove Review

TESTING IS OVER!

just kidding ... I did some range time this morning followed by playing a round with the Claw Max.

All that happened was I set a new personal best score and broke 80 for the first time with a 76 

What a start to this test

2 minutes ago, Rico_de_Gallo said:

TESTING IS OVER!

just kidding ... I did some range time this morning followed by playing a round with the Claw Max.

All that happened was I set a new personal best score and broke 80 for the first time with a 76 

Congrats on the PB and achieving the milestone of breaking 80!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

5 hours ago, Rico_de_Gallo said:

TESTING IS OVER!

Congrats on the PB. Great way to start the test

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg King Tec 3 hybrid

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

First Impressions noted in my testing post at top of the thread.  One thing I noticed was the gloves are very comfortable and easily form fitting for brand new.  Also grippiness of palms is unique and I am impressed at how well the silicone works with the club grips.  Time to get on the course - at the minimum use the glove(s) for some backyard drill work....

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Took the Claw Pro out for its second 18-hole trek yesterday.  It was hot, very humid for the valley of the sun, and the glove caused no issues. The extra material on the thumb bothered me initially, but I believe that is because I was looking for it more than anything else.  I finished the round (nicely with a 4 over 77) hung the glove on my cart, and parked the cart inside my garage. The temperature in the garage was probably +125 degrees 20 minutes after I closed the door, so the glove dried quickly. The back of the hand synthetic suede is slightly stiffer this morning with the salt from my sweat. My wife is washing some things this morning so I guess I will toss the glove in the washer and see what happens. 

Edited by EnderinAZ
clarity

Just a quick update Fist I didn't golf with a Claw Pro on Wednesday it was the Max. 

Second it was starting to feel a bit salty so I tossed it in the washer with my socks. It came out looking and feeling fantastic. I was shocked! I will wear it again today then post some after wash and after first round after wash pictures. 

I am impressed so far. 

After round three with the Claw Max and a wash I see no wear or change in the glove in any way. It still fits my hand just fine and is much cooler than my standard leather glove. 

I did refill my sand bottle and got sand on the glove. I thought "Ha, now lets see how hard it is to get the sand out of the silicone?" Yeah, no issue here. Wiped the glove on my pants leg a couple of times and it was sand free. 

I am liking these gloves a lot. Tomorrow afternoon I will start the water test. Dip the grip to one of my clubs into a gallon jug of water and swing away. Then soak the glove and swing away with a dry grip. Finally soak both grip and glove and swing away. We shall see. 

After washing pics. No change here in looks or fit.

20240627_095945.jpg

20240627_095949.jpg

20240627_100011.jpg

20240627_100014.jpg

20240627_100017.jpg

Claw Max after a wash in the washing machine and 18 holes of golf in 110+ degrees heat. 

20240628_144832.jpg

20240628_144845.jpg

Edited by EnderinAZ

Day 1 On the Course:  Took the gloves out for workout on the course day while playing in the Friday men's scramble.  The plan was to take the Pro-grey and Max-white as that would give me a great head to head on the feel of the clubs.  
My observers for the day where Sasquatch Dan and Petey Pirate Day1testsubjects.jpg.9ee7782028420b1e02aa28bd4a9e699c.jpg

Thoughts on how the gloves the performed: 

• Pro Grey:  played the front 9 with this glove.  Temps in the low 80's, breezy so a typical Eastern NC morning.  The glove did well, really noticed the grippiness of the silicone when "twirling the club" after making a shot. Overall the glove was easy to get off and on.  One thing I noticed was the breathability - riding in the cart, you could feel the air moving across the back of your hand and between the fingers. Also I "tried" to feel the seams on this glove as that can be a real distraction.  For this user, they were non-existent with the Pro-grey.  The inside out photo revealed no signs of soiling...maybe the grey color hides it? Proinside-nomarkup.jpg.14921d09120d4f3b18a7f1c2a3ac4883.jpg
  • Max White:  back nine here we come. Temps by now were in the upper 80's, humidity coming up and still breezy.  The glove is a Med Cadet so the fit was a bit more snugg. Again the same grippiness as with the Pro.  Off and on was a bit more tedious, but not excessive.  Ventilation was not as flowing with the synthetic leather back, however the mesh on the fingers was nice.  On trying to feel the seams, they are a bit more noticeable.  However again not to the point that they are uncomfortable.  The "inside out" photo reveals some soiling of the palm area (see below) - so we may get a "first wash" soon.Maxinside-nomarkup.jpg.50a8aadc2289a3e5091421f16cbd0ca1.jpg 

Test adder: One thing I thought about was "How will these gloves work with the 'older' hardened rubber grips?' as all the grips are pretty new on my regular clubs.  I have some older clubs that have "well-worn" grips, so they will be part of the process as not everyone has new/nearly new grips.  REPORT TO COME.  

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

How is everyone liking these so far in hot temps?  I sweat so bad during the summer months and go thru gloves like crazy!  Looking for something that will last a bit.  

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

14 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

How is everyone liking these so far in hot temps?  I sweat so bad during the summer months and go thru gloves like crazy!  Looking for something that will last a bit.  

With only one (1) round under my belt with these - I’m still honeymooning!🤪. Seriously, so far really good - for me the jury is out as to which is better - however both are definitely better than the leather FJ glove I’ve been using.  Today it would have been super soaked w/sweat and humidity - the ClawDaddy gloves did not seem too bothered…

32 minutes ago, Willie T said:

"How will these gloves work with the 'older' hardened rubber grips?'

Excellent question! Like you I have a couple of clubs with old dried out grips and will give them a swing. It will be interesting to see how those results compare. 

Just now, EnderinAZ said:

Excellent question! Like you I have a couple of clubs with old dried out grips and will give them a swing. It will be interesting to see how those results compare. 

Yes - does slippery old grips do the same as wet grips? Hmmmmm🤔

On 6/26/2024 at 11:07 PM, Rico_de_Gallo said:

TESTING IS OVER!

Sounds like CalwDaddy can say our gloves will let you shoot much lower scores!  Congrats on a PB and massive sub-80 score!  

20 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I think the coolest I have been out with these gloves is 108 degrees. They are much better than the standard Kirkland gloves I normally use. Best I can get with the Kirkland is 10 rounds which includes a wash/rinse every other round. The Max doesn't even feel like I wore it today. 

4 minutes ago, EnderinAZ said:

I think the coolest I have been out with these gloves is 108 degrees. They are much better than the standard Kirkland gloves I normally use. Best I can get with the Kirkland is 10 rounds which includes a wash/rinse every other round. The Max doesn't even feel like I wore it today. 

9 minutes ago, Willie T said:

With only one (1) round under my belt with these - I’m still honeymooning!🤪. Seriously, so far really good - for me the jury is out as to which is better - however both are definitely better than the leather FJ glove I’ve been using.  Today it would have been super soaked w/sweat and humidity - the ClawDaddy gloves did not seem too bothered…

Thanks fellas!  

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

Thanks! Yeah it was the best/most controlled I've been off the tee in a while. Still early and compiling everything for my full first impression write up, but I enjoyed playing with it. I do have some gripes with the Max, compared to the Pro. But I haven't played with the Pro yet ... that round is coming Sunday. 

Getting to play twice within a week!!! (Thank you family)

@Josh Parker I'm not far from you (San Antonio...hooray Texas) I played with the Max for a round, temps started high 80s and finished 101, heat index somewhere 106ish. 

I'll come clean and admit I don't sweat much on the course. Some of that may be a hydration thing, the other aspect is a lack of humidity for me (born in New Orleans and grew up in Houston), final thing would be a history of playing soccer tournaments in the summers in Houston for years when I was younger..... so this stuff doesn't seem too bad

I already take my glove off after every shot and generally don't use it from 50 and in.

Having said that, it felt noticeably warmer while wearing the Max model compared to the any feeling with previous leather gloves. This resulted in some extra sweating in my left hand which was pretty noticeable when I had chip shots on the back 9 as the temps were rising.

For me, the Max is a tighter fit than the Pro, despite that the sizing chart listed says they are the same size, so this may play into it some. 

Personally, the Pro model feels more comfortable and better ventilation than the Max. In my range time with them both so far, I can't tell much of a difference in performance or grip.

Round with the Pro model is coming this weekend and staring around 1:00 .... should be nice and toasty for this round

Edited by Rico_de_Gallo
added the tag

A brief look into my first outings with these. 

First up was a range session

image.png.d2aab02e8b8fee7b2039eac5ebb24cf0.png

warmed up with my leather glove then hit about 10 shots with each glove using an 8 iron

Good feels and good results.

Next up was testing time ... Constant Motion   Test.

I set up 8 balls near each other (similar to below) and the plan was to hit all of them (still using an 8 iron) without stopping so I could see if I am losing and/or changing my grip during this drill.

image.png.297d6b2b7590e183dd758ef4711a368b.png

My expectation was that the Claw gloves would outperform the leather and this was true.

I did the test 1 time for each Claw glove and will plan to do this again (was gonna run out of balls without even getting into the woods/Driver).  The leather glove failed miserable for me at this. failing by the 4th ball twice. All 3 Claw gloves made it through on the first attempt.

image.png.25a249c20f57f9725ac9a1b5fccbca20.png

Next up taking some swings with my Driver and 3 wood with multiple gloves.

Overall I had about 30-40 swings with each Claw glove and my big takeaways were:

• I still struggle to cleanly put on the Max on the first try
  • same size but tighter fitting Max felt fine while swinging
  • The Max feels warmer compared to the Pro ... Pro ventilation is better
  • The feel of holding a club wasn't anything too different than the leather glove. 
  • Big positive ....I never felt need to fidget with the glove 

So immediately after that range session, I went for a quick early lunch and to the course. Temps started high 80s and finished in the low 100s and I rode in a cart for the round. 

I decided to go with the Max model for the entire round and as mentioned above, I shot the best score of my life, a 76 (+4). Some really good speed control on the greens certainly helped, but this round was the best off the tee I have had in a while. Black line is total Strokes gained and blue line is strokes gained off the tee (comparing to a 10 index). No penalties was huge, and of all non-Par 3 holes, I had a shot a GIR in all but 1 hole (ended up with 10 GIR for the round). 

image.png.fcc2155cee3cecccfa37a0418ca87049.png

Key takeaways from this round with the Claw Max:

• It feels noticeably warmer while wearing it compared to my WeatherSof FJ 
  • Glove hand got sweatier than normal and this was very noticeable when holding clubs during my short game 
  • Air flow and ventilation via the mesh on the back wasn't very noticeable, even after trying the @EnderinAZ cart trick
  • As hand was sweatier, it was made it a little trickier to put on the glove and I still had issues with my fingers getting caught in the mesh/leather change near the finger tips .... not a hard fix, but still happening
  • Getting things out of my pocket while wearing the glove can be a little bit of a battle
  • Feel and grip were great . 

Overall an excellent day, especially with a score like that. 

About 75 swings on the day with the Max and the glove still looks brand new

Next round will be with the Pro model and that should happen on Sunday!

10 hours ago, Rico_de_Gallo said:

@Josh Parker I'm not far from you (San Antonio...hooray Texas) I played with the Max for a round, temps started high 80s and finished 101, heat index somewhere 106ish. 

I'll come clean and admit I don't sweat much on the course. Some of that may be a hydration thing, the other aspect is a lack of humidity for me (born in New Orleans and grew up in Houston), final thing would be a history of playing soccer tournaments in the summers in Houston for years when I was younger..... so this stuff doesn't seem too bad

I already take my glove off after every shot and generally don't use it from 50 and in.

Having said that, it felt noticeably warmer while wearing the Max model compared to the any feeling with previous leather gloves. This resulted in some extra sweating in my left hand which was pretty noticeable when I had chip shots on the back 9 as the temps were rising.

For me, the Max is a tighter fit than the Pro, despite that the sizing chart listed says they are the same size, so this may play into it some. 

Personally, the Pro model feels more comfortable and better ventilation than the Max. In my range time with them both so far, I can't tell much of a difference in performance or grip.

Round with the Pro model is coming this weekend and staring around 1:00 .... should be nice and toasty for this round

Yeah, for me I think the sweat thing is just genetics.  haha  

I drink a gallon a day, grew up here and played soccer.  I can sweat standing still in these temps!  Haha.

Hopefully everyones results are great and I'll give these a try!

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

Quick update on the latest test. Um....

We do not get much rain in Mesa Arizona, and when it does rain in the summer it is down right scary to be out on a golf course. So I chose instead to take a bucket of water with me in my golf cart to the first hole.

On this hole I just dipped the grips in the water for every shot. 

20240629_124243.jpg

20240629_124657.jpg

20240629_125022.jpg

I was not impressed. The grips were slick and hard to hang onto. 

The next hole I doubled down on the situation and stuck my gloved hand in the bucket of water.

20240629_125550.jpg

20240629_125558.jpg

As tacky as these gloves are when dry I was really hoping for a grippy glove when wet. This is not the case. I surmise that the coating on the silicone that makes the dust and sand not adhere to it also stiffens and gets slick when wet. 

Don't get me wrong, the glove is not advertised as a wet use glove.  As a hot sweaty sticky day glove in my experience, the Claw gloves are unparalleled in tackiness and comfort. 

They are just not wet-weather gloves. For those of you who look at my pictures above and say that is an extreme case, all I can say is you have never played in Kenai Alaska. Making a fist so water pours out of your glove like the picture above is an everyday occurrence.  Up there, when the weather report says you have a 70% chance of rain today, what it really means you have a 30% chance it wont rain all day. 

Edited by EnderinAZ

Congrats testers!  I've been wearing the Claw glove for years, ever since I was introduced to them.  They have a great grip, don't sweat and never get "crunchy" like leather gloves do over time.  I wear out the palm long before anything else on the glove wears out.  I'll be interested to follow and hear your thoughts.

Live Life...oh and golf a lot!

In the Bag:

Driver & 3 Wood: Titleist TSi3                Hybrids: Callaway Paradym and Ping

Irons: Mizuno 225 Pro  (5-PW)               Wedges: Taylormade MG4 50*, Taylormade Hi-Toe 56*, Ping Glide 4.0 60* (Vokeys are resting downstairs right now 😁

Putter: Alternate between Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 and Scotty Cameron Phantom 12.5

On 6/28/2024 at 9:53 PM, Rico_de_Gallo said:

Interesting that the two models at same size feel a little different.  I've been playing with the Pro (and love the fit), but do have a Max coming so I guess I'll see how it fits.

In the Bag:

Driver & 3 Wood: Titleist TSi3                Hybrids: Callaway Paradym and Ping

Irons: Mizuno 225 Pro  (5-PW)               Wedges: Taylormade MG4 50*, Taylormade Hi-Toe 56*, Ping Glide 4.0 60* (Vokeys are resting downstairs right now 😁

Putter: Alternate between Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 and Scotty Cameron Phantom 12.5

35 minutes ago, climberboy2000 said:

Interesting that the two models at same size feel a little different.  I've been playing with the Pro (and love the fit), but do have a Max coming so I guess I'll see how it fits.

Nice. yeah let us know!

Played with the Pro today and enjoyed it... sharing more on that shortly

Posted (edited)

I got 2nd round in this week and I worked with the Gray Pro glove

No record breaking day, but a solid 86. Shockingly, had some unexpected rain come in the back 9 for half a hole and while it was short lived, it poured. 

image.png.b91d91d6afb4e826756c2313bfe852de.png

No breaking 80 this day, but did set a record for longest drive when I had a 10 mph wind behind me. It was another solid day off the tee and avoided penalty strokes from the tee again. Ended up right a 0.0 SG off the tee (comparing to a 10 index). But I imagine that this hole didn't exactly help my accuracy 

image.png

Still, these 2 rounds with the Claw gloves have given me 2 of the 3 best Off the tee performances in my last 10 roundsimage.png.973f4af60f4c353ccdaa2463b0c55ef9.png

Approach play with inconsistent, despite hitting 9 GIRs. Never felt that grip was an issue or cause of any of the mishits.

My key takeaways for the first round with the Pro:

• More comfortable/relaxed fit compared to the Max model
  • Never felt the need to fidget with the glove while wearing it
  • Definitely more ventilation than the Max and hand never got sweaty because of the glove it self
  • No difficult transitions between shots with glove and short game shots without glove
  • Grip was good
  • Grip was fine after some rain, but no significant exposure to say finish that aspect of testing. @EnderinAZ has a solid look at his first experience with testing these with some water mentioned above
  • Overall was a fine day with the glove. Comfort was good, grip was good
Edited by Rico_de_Gallo
removed duplicate picture

1 hour ago, climberboy2000 said:

Congrats testers!  I've been wearing the Claw glove for years, ever since I was introduced to them.  They have a great grip, don't sweat and never get "crunchy" like leather gloves do over time.  I wear out the palm long before anything else on the glove wears out.  I'll be interested to follow and hear your thoughts.

Nice. Based on the early goings, I might be making the switch, but still a ways to go.

If you had to guess, how many rounds/swings do you think a single glove lasts before needing to replace it

For you, what does "wear out the palm" mean? i.e. is it just that the silicone is rubbed down to be non-existent or a hole forms?

1 hour ago, Rico_de_Gallo said:

Nice. Based on the early goings, I might be making the switch, but still a ways to go.

If you had to guess, how many rounds/swings do you think a single glove lasts before needing to replace it

For you, what does "wear out the palm" mean? i.e. is it just that the silicone is rubbed down to be non-existent or a hole forms?

I play year round indoors two to three mornings a week and outdoors about twice a week Spring through Fall.  I've never really tracked it, but I know I've played over a year with the same glove before.

I've never come close to forming a hole, but the silicone wears down on the palm.  I don't really feel that it impacts my overall grip.  I'll have to take a picture and post on here.

In the Bag: