Toe Splay and Footwear Science

In a recent Forum test of SQAIRZ Velo golf shoes, the MGS testers unanimously agreed that they were more accurate while wearing SQAIRZ.  I've had several people reach out to me and ask why that is; how do your shoes provide better accuracy?  I thought I'd share an excerpt from an article that was published back on August 5, 2022, about "Toe Splay and Why it's Important".  The article goes to the heart and soul of why SQAIRZ was invented and why we are far different than any other golf shoe.  For those of you who prefer "the science" over member testing, or a combination thereof, this is an interesting read.    

"When we accept weight onto the entire foot during the gait cycle, which is called midstance, the foot has to pronate in order to absorb shock. Now, I can hear some of you saying, “I heard pronation is bad for you!” Note, although we need foot and ankle pronation in order to walk, many people experience excessive pronation, which is not helpful. As the foot pronates to absorb shock in midstance, the metatarsal bones will splay, which triggers the deep transverse metatarsal ligament (DTML) that runs across the metatarsal heads that proprioceptively tells the foot to tell the brain “We’re about to push off!” When this happens, the foot will then supinate to become a rigid lever to propel us forward.

The plantar fascia, which attaches to the calcaneus (heel), the plantar plates, and the DTML, becomes rigid when the forefoot splays, so you’re not only getting horizontal stability of the foot from toe splay, but you’re also getting vertical stability from the plantar fascia. This all helps the foot become a rigid lever needed for push off with when walking and running.

Most shoes are going to compress the toes together, which basically trains the foot to be slower and disconnected from the sensory trigger of the DTML. This can cause issues such as neuromas, plantar fasciitis, stress fractures, delayed stabilization at push off, and decreased force output of the foot. The intrinsic muscles of the foot – the muscles that originate and end in the foot – will basically shut down and your foot isn’t going to be able to absorb shock. This will overwork the extrinsic muscles of the foot – the muscles like the calves that start in the lower leg and end in the foot – and it can also create stress fractures in the foot as well as in the tibia, or shin bone.

Fashion dictates shoe shape, unfortunately. But if you wear shoes that are as close to barefoot as possible, ones with a wide toe box, over time, you’ll notice that your forefoot will actually spread out! When your foot is given the chance to be itself, it will take the space it can get. Some of you may say that you don’t need a shoe with a wide toe box because you always buy shoes in “wide.” However, podiatrist Dr Emily Splichal states that a “wide” shoe and a shoe with a wide toe box are two completely different entities. The last, or sole of the shoe, is very expensive to change for shoe companies, so what they do instead is change the depth of the sole, so it feels like there’s more room widthwise, but there really isn’t. In order to be able to splay the toes, or forefoot, you need a shoe with a wide toe box.

Better sensory input develops better motor output, so if you want better function from your feet, you have to use them and introduce them to different experiences, which develops new pathways to the brain. Wearing restricted footwear that squishes the toes together actually shuts down these pathways to the brain".

Science should always dictate design which in today's world of golf footwear is rare.  Most go the route of fashion and "sneakerizing" golf footwear.  SQAIRZ patented toe box design allows the toes to sit naturally and splay as you put pressure on the ground providing measurably more balance and stability, scientifically speaking. 

Forum testers found SQAIRZ Velo to be stylish and "across the board, the on-course performance of the SQAIRZ VELO golf shoes was highly rated, with reviewers appreciating the stability, traction and comfort."  I have read enough of the Forum tests to know, it's tough to get five testers to agree on anything! 

I appreciate the opportunity to participate in the forum footwear discussions and share the science that guides the SQAIRZ design.  My best, Bob, SQAIRZ Founder.  

sqairz_toe_comparison.jpg

Shoes are the enemy of the feet.

Minimalist/barefoot shoes or shoes that offer wider toe boxes are a game changer in life.

Outside of golf, some casual dress I wear vivos or bearfoot shoes. Especially for the gym. Rooting to the ground for squats and deadlifts is so much easier and better for the performance of the lifts 

Edited by RickyBobby_PR

Hi @BobW - thanks for the detailed explanation. As someone who has suffered from a painful bunion my hole life I welcome more wide toe box golf shoes! 

Are SQAIRZ wide enough in the toebox for folks like me - not just a wide foot but a minor deformity?

I'm also curious what you think about zero drop shoes? This, similar to splay, seems more natural than having a raised heel.

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Who would have thought so much science would go into designing a pair of golf shoes? It definitely makes sense given that our feet are our connection to the ground and more and more it is being recognized how important ground forces are in the golf swing. The science aside, all I know is that since starting to wear Sqairz golf shoes, going on four years now, my balance and stability have improved, and it is measurable by my performance.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

I appreciate the comments.  We are launching "wide sizes" in October.  They will fit up to a 3E.  Please note, there is a significant difference between a shoe with a wide (roomier) toe box and a wide (width) shoe; two separate topics.  All SQAIRZ models have a roomier toe box that unlike all other golf footwear, they do not angle your toes to the center of the shoe.  

Regarding the zero drop, there is a lot of published pro/con literature out there.  Many encourage a drop of less that 5mm, no higher. I would pick something with a bit of heel for most golfers mainly because they have limited dorsiflexion mobility.  

We have a program that most golf footwear companies don't offer ... try our shoes and if they meet your expectations, return them within 30 days for a full refund.   

19 hours ago, BobW said:

how do your shoes provide better accuracy? 

@BobW thx for your post - interesting and informative.

I'll be honest I'd initially thought the Squairz were just another TV ad gimmick, but after seeing the reviews - and your post - I dare say I'm now tempted to try them...

I do prefer shoes with wider toe boxes and also have bunions (probably from my many winters skiing in tight ski boots many years ago) more pronounced on the right foot - which is my trail foot... 🤔

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric trolley.
Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour. Or Vice Pro Air. Or "found" Pro V1.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

followthrough.jpg

19 hours ago, BobW said:

In a recent Forum test of SQAIRZ Velo golf shoes, the MGS testers unanimously agreed that they were more accurate while wearing SQAIRZ.  I've had several people reach out to me and ask why that is; how do your shoes provide better accuracy?  I thought I'd share an excerpt from an article that was published back on August 5, 2022, about "Toe Splay and Why it's Important".  The article goes to the heart and soul of why SQAIRZ was invented and why we are far different than any other golf shoe.  For those of you who prefer "the science" over member testing, or a combination thereof, this is an interesting read.    

"When we accept weight onto the entire foot during the gait cycle, which is called midstance, the foot has to pronate in order to absorb shock. Now, I can hear some of you saying, “I heard pronation is bad for you!” Note, although we need foot and ankle pronation in order to walk, many people experience excessive pronation, which is not helpful. As the foot pronates to absorb shock in midstance, the metatarsal bones will splay, which triggers the deep transverse metatarsal ligament (DTML) that runs across the metatarsal heads that proprioceptively tells the foot to tell the brain “We’re about to push off!” When this happens, the foot will then supinate to become a rigid lever to propel us forward.

The plantar fascia, which attaches to the calcaneus (heel), the plantar plates, and the DTML, becomes rigid when the forefoot splays, so you’re not only getting horizontal stability of the foot from toe splay, but you’re also getting vertical stability from the plantar fascia. This all helps the foot become a rigid lever needed for push off with when walking and running.

Most shoes are going to compress the toes together, which basically trains the foot to be slower and disconnected from the sensory trigger of the DTML. This can cause issues such as neuromas, plantar fasciitis, stress fractures, delayed stabilization at push off, and decreased force output of the foot. The intrinsic muscles of the foot – the muscles that originate and end in the foot – will basically shut down and your foot isn’t going to be able to absorb shock. This will overwork the extrinsic muscles of the foot – the muscles like the calves that start in the lower leg and end in the foot – and it can also create stress fractures in the foot as well as in the tibia, or shin bone.

Fashion dictates shoe shape, unfortunately. But if you wear shoes that are as close to barefoot as possible, ones with a wide toe box, over time, you’ll notice that your forefoot will actually spread out! When your foot is given the chance to be itself, it will take the space it can get. Some of you may say that you don’t need a shoe with a wide toe box because you always buy shoes in “wide.” However, podiatrist Dr Emily Splichal states that a “wide” shoe and a shoe with a wide toe box are two completely different entities. The last, or sole of the shoe, is very expensive to change for shoe companies, so what they do instead is change the depth of the sole, so it feels like there’s more room widthwise, but there really isn’t. In order to be able to splay the toes, or forefoot, you need a shoe with a wide toe box.

Better sensory input develops better motor output, so if you want better function from your feet, you have to use them and introduce them to different experiences, which develops new pathways to the brain. Wearing restricted footwear that squishes the toes together actually shuts down these pathways to the brain".

Science should always dictate design which in today's world of golf footwear is rare.  Most go the route of fashion and "sneakerizing" golf footwear.  SQAIRZ patented toe box design allows the toes to sit naturally and splay as you put pressure on the ground providing measurably more balance and stability, scientifically speaking. 

Forum testers found SQAIRZ Velo to be stylish and "across the board, the on-course performance of the SQAIRZ VELO golf shoes was highly rated, with reviewers appreciating the stability, traction and comfort."  I have read enough of the Forum tests to know, it's tough to get five testers to agree on anything! 

I appreciate the opportunity to participate in the forum footwear discussions and share the science that guides the SQAIRZ design.  My best, Bob, SQAIRZ Founder.  

sqairz_toe_comparison.jpg

Fantastic information! I’ve considered trying Sqairz and my buddy wears them. He swears by them. I may have to give them a go. Again, thank you for the information!

I could play golf every day and learn something new each time.

Driver: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgParadym TD 9* Steadfast Jupiter S or  Ping.png.bd9875c415de0caaf18165e81353fcba.png425LST 9* Steadfast Jupiter S

Woods: TM.png.882c22efb861c87ad5aa6b2f88e9743f.png3W Mini TaylorMade S

Hybrids: PXG.jpg.f43fb635ef9ee412fa814c0d924d1ee5.jpg3H&4H 0317 Steadfast Jupiter S

Irons: NL.png.a16c1db32eb8495938c8958152d9be4c.png902PD Proj.X IO shaft 6.5

Wedges: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegVokey SM10 48, 52, 56* Titleist Wedge Shafts

Putter: SM.jpg.6ec6e268aa1364f355b3f10b9901b64e.jpgBlack MiniGiant 

Ball: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegPro V1X or Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgChrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

On 8/1/2024 at 2:26 PM, BobW said:

CK ... you're not alone, many others also thought this was some type of gimmick.  Initially, we didn't do a good job of presenting the science. 

Erin B ... I hope you give us a try.  Please use code:  MGS25 for a $25 discount and free shipping.   

Darn I wish I'd have come back and seen that post sooner... Did end up ordering a pair to try, could've saved a few $$...

Putter...

followthrough.jpg

They’re here!!!

IMG_5885.jpeg

IMG_5884.jpeg

On 8/1/2024 at 12:26 PM, BobW said:

CK ... you're not alone, many others also thought this was some type of gimmick.  Initially, we didn't do a good job of presenting the science. 

Erin B ... I hope you give us a try.  Please use code:  MGS25 for a $25 discount and free shipping.   

They just arrived and I used the code! Thank you!

Driver: Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgParadym TD 9* Steadfast Jupiter S or  Ping.png.bd9875c415de0caaf18165e81353fcba.png425LST 9* Steadfast Jupiter S

Hybrids: PXG.jpg.f43fb635ef9ee412fa814c0d924d1ee5.jpg3H&4H 0317 Steadfast Jupiter S

Wedges: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegVokey SM10 48, 52, 56* Titleist Wedge Shafts

Ball: titleist.jpeg.79b06f097c7bfa5eecb9179cb2b8800a.jpegPro V1X or Callaway_logoChev.jpg.210738784f200cb0d13f9386f1575265.jpgChrome TourX

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63746-motocaddy-m-series-carts-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1042686

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62621-forum-member-reviews-callaway-whitebox-testing/?do=findComment&comment=1020558

Thanks @BobW for jumping into the forums beyond just a test topic! Having equipment manufacturers show interest and putting information out to help people is why we are all here. Welcome to the community!

my feet are wider behind the balls of my feet , and therefore force an unnatural cupping in the middle of my foot when in standard wide width shoes. (Also known as 6th toe syndrome, but no actual toe)

This affects my toe to ground connection and have almost always forced me to buy a half size longer shoe. (Which also affects stability)  

Will a wider toe box help alleviate that cupping issue?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Not that I’ve ever shot a 78, but the way I shot it. Not ready to give the shoes all the credit but I was very consistent. Tomorrow will verify.

CK and Erin B ... I appreciate you giving SQAIRZ a try.  Please let me know what you think.  Rob P ... thank you for the kind words.  To be candid, I an not familiar with the six toe syndrome. However, I would suggest giving the wider toe box a try.  i have never been a fan of trying to "buy" width or room in the room in the forefoot by increasing the length of the shoe.  This creates other, potentially more serious foot issues.  Please give SQAIRZ a try.  We have a no frills 30 day money back program.  Wear them and if they don't solve the problem, return for a full refund.    

18 minutes ago, BobW said:

CK and Erin B ... I appreciate you giving SQAIRZ a try.  Please let me know what you think. 

You're welcome!! They arrived pretty quickly - 3 days - and initial impressions are positive... 

.. they appear well constructed from quality materials; I like the extra rubber coating reinforcement on the toe and all around the edge; tongue is wide and thickly padded; bottom tread is rugged and looks like it will be pretty durable.

The insole is better than most standard ones, with some arch support plus extra heel and ball of the foot cushioning. I typically change out the insoles with a Dr. Scholls type athletic one but will try these first.

The "stay put" laces are pretty cool with the dots of silicone along them.

Been rainy here so no chance yet to put them in play, but did put them on in the house - initial fit seems spot on* for both length and width, and walking around they felt comfortable and supportive.

* Size - I checked the sizing guide on the website .. and measured my foot .. and ordered ½ size smaller than usual.

Edited by cksurfdude

Putter...

followthrough.jpg

32 minutes ago, BobW said:

CK and Erin B ... I appreciate you giving SQAIRZ a try.  Please let me know what you think.  Rob P ... thank you for the kind words.  To be candid, I an not familiar with the six toe syndrome. However, I would suggest giving the wider toe box a try.  i have never been a fan of trying to "buy" width or room in the room in the forefoot by increasing the length of the shoe.  This creates other, potentially more serious foot issues.  Please give SQAIRZ a try.  We have a no frills 30 day money back program.  Wear them and if they don't solve the problem, return for a full refund.    

Its essentially an extra wide bone attached as part of the pinkie toe

My parents chose not to have it "shaved down" when I was younger.  So ive dealt with it for over 49 years

20240807_213153.jpg

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Played in the SQAIRZ again today. I think they are my go-to shoes now. My drives are way better. Still adjusting to the irons but almost there with them. Putting is also an adjustment, but getting there. I’m in better balance wearing the SQAIRZ than in my footjoys or adidas. I really can’t explain it, but I’m hitting more fairways. I’ve lost a tad bit of distance but that should come back, but I’m not off balance after a drive or shot. The weight transfer is easier too. Never expected this out of a shoe. 

On 8/9/2024 at 4:28 PM, Erin B said:

Played in the SQAIRZ again today. I think they are my go-to shoes now. My drives are way better. Still adjusting to the irons but almost there with them. Putting is also an adjustment, but getting there. I’m in better balance wearing the SQAIRZ than in my footjoys or adidas. I really can’t explain it, but I’m hitting more fairways. I’ve lost a tad bit of distance but that should come back, but I’m not off balance after a drive or shot. The weight transfer is easier too. Never expected this out of a shoe. 

What I have found, especially with the driver, is that I am not getting the added distance that is claimed, but at my age I can't take advantage of "ground forces" that these shows allow. I use Shot Scope to track my data and what that data shows is that my "average" drive, which includes ALL drives, good and bad, has increased by 7 yards since wearing Sqairz. With better balance and stability, the bad shots are not as bad or are less likely to occur. You will also find, due to the traction that these shoes have (the best I have ever experienced), you won't find your foot slipping no matter the weather or turf conditions. As someone who has slipped on the course before wearing other golf shoes and suffered broken bones, traction is important to me.

The latest models, the 2024 shoes, are their best yet!

5 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

What I have found, especially with the driver, is that I am not getting the added distance that is claimed, but at my age I can't take advantage of "ground forces" that these shows allow. I use Shot Scope to track my data and what that data shows is that my "average" drive, which includes ALL drives, good and bad, has increased by 7 yards since wearing Sqairz. With better balance and stability, the bad shots are not as bad or are less likely to occur. You will also find, due to the traction that these shoes have (the best I have ever experienced), you won't find your foot slipping no matter the weather or turf conditions. As someone who has slipped on the course before wearing other golf shoes and suffered broken bones, traction is important to me.

The latest models, the 2024 shoes, are their best yet!

I am usually very skeptical about claims. I think everyone has a distinct swing and stance and mastering that swing is the key to better golf. Anyway, I gave SQAIRZ a shot based on the MGS review, knowing someone who wears them every round he plays and he’s an ex pro who’s really good at golf, and this article. I didn’t expect to get the results I have been experiencing. Those results are starting to translate to my game being better. I have to adjust to the shoes because I’m now balanced. In my swing I now feel how out of balance I really was. I’m glad I bought them. I can’t wait til this feeling of balance is no longer unfamiliar and my swing really starts working the way it should. 

Finally got my first round with the Sqairz in today .. and while I will not claim any new PBs otoh I thought I was playing kinda badly on a new to me and very very hilly course, my worst hike scores - with penalties - were triples. Yeah I know that sounds bad but the way I was playing I really thought it should've / could've been worse!

Was it the shoes? Cannot say. 

But can definitely say that after the round (riding not walking) my feet, especially fore feet and toes, are not as tender nor as cramped as is typical! 👍

Putter...

followthrough.jpg

I think it makes a lot of sense, and I really appreciate the scientific backup for some of the good reviews.  But, personally, the look of the square toe and the branding has stopped me from trying them so far. (I’m a little tired of alternative spelling, like the “s” replacing a “z”). Squares is a cool name without the “i” and “z”. “Squared” is cool too to my ears.

That said, while I can get over the latter, the square toe is too clumsy looking. While I don’t care too much about fashion, I’d love to see a wide round toebox. 

:ping-small: g430 lst

:titleist-small: TS2 20* hybrid, New Level PF-2: P-7; 902: 6-5

:taylormade-small: hi-toe 51* and 57*

:mizuno-small: M Craft IV

22 hours ago, AndySP said:

I think it makes a lot of sense, and I really appreciate the scientific backup for some of the good reviews.  But, personally, the look of the square toe and the branding has stopped me from trying them so far. (I’m a little tired of alternative spelling, like the “s” replacing a “z”). Squares is a cool name without the “i” and “z”. “Squared” is cool too to my ears.

That said, while I can get over the latter, the square toe is too clumsy looking. While I don’t care too much about fashion, I’d love to see a wide round toebox. 

I have a pair of the 2024 Speed2 and ProS2 and feel that the toe, while still "square", doesn't quite look as "boxy" to me. I will admit, I have never had a problem with the square toe. It does two things for me; it reminds me to flare my feet when addressing the ball on the tee and for approach shots, and it helps me "square up" to my line when putting. Though the main benefit might be the room for the toes, I have personally seen these other benefits from the square toe.

My swing speed is mid 80s, helped by very long arms, hindered by scoliosis and kyphosis (forward curve cervical / neck spine).  I am 69.  Does my speed generate the amount of force where Squairz would help much?

#1  PXG 0211 10.5 deg, Evnflo Riptide CB 40 gram A flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr,  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram A flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1,    Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i 18 degree, Recoil 95 reg flex.

4 iron:  GFF Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree forged hollow body,  Aerotech Steelfiber 😍😃💥.

5 Hybrid: Mizuno (2017) JPX Fli-Hi wave tech, Recoil ESX 460 reg flex.

Irons: 6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil Smacwrap ES 760, reg flex.

Wedges: 2 x Mizuno S5 52/09.  1@ 50 deg, 1@ 54 deg; New (July 2024) Mizu ES 21, 58 x 08, jet black.

Chipper: Don Martin "Up n In" brass/bronze. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, with 2 piece Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃💘

So I went to the driving range and chipping practice area, but I wore my Adidas instead of Sqairz because I wanted to see if there was any difference. Glad I did, there’s a difference. I played yesterday as well in Sqairz so I think I can confidently say Sqairz are better. Anyway, back to the driving range and practice today. I didn’t strike the ball well. Especially after striking it well yesterday. I am playing tomorrow and am wearing the Sqairz. Let’s see if I strike the ball well. Bet I will.

On 7/31/2024 at 12:41 PM, StrokerAce said:

Hi @BobW - thanks for the detailed explanation. As someone who has suffered from a painful bunion my hole life I welcome more wide toe box golf shoes! 

Are SQAIRZ wide enough in the toebox for folks like me - not just a wide foot but a minor deformity?

I'm also curious what you think about zero drop shoes? This, similar to splay, seems more natural than having a raised heel.

Have you discussed surgery for bunion?  I just had successful toe fusion surgery and along with the fusion, it reduces the bunionette (bunion on the outside , next to the small toe.)  I had bad arthritis of the big toe.  Very glad I had the surgery. Arch supports and inserts didn't do the job anymore.

#1  PXG 0211 10.5 deg, Evnflo Riptide CB 40 gram A flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr,  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram A flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1,    Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i 18 degree, Recoil 95 reg flex.

4 iron:  GFF Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree forged hollow body,  Aerotech Steelfiber 😍😃💥.

5 Hybrid: Mizuno (2017) JPX Fli-Hi wave tech, Recoil ESX 460 reg flex.

Irons: 6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil Smacwrap ES 760, reg flex.

Wedges: 2 x Mizuno S5 52/09.  1@ 50 deg, 1@ 54 deg; New (July 2024) Mizu ES 21, 58 x 08, jet black.

Chipper: Don Martin "Up n In" brass/bronze. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, with 2 piece Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃💘

An update: after a practice session in shoes other than Sqairz, which was horrible by the way, played 18 in the Sqairz today. Sold!!! 

11 hours ago, Erin B said:

An update: after a practice session in shoes other than Sqairz, which was horrible by the way, played 18 in the Sqairz today. Sold!!! 

Isn't it amazing how much difference the shoe can make? Since getting my first pair of Sqairz in July 2020, I won't wear any other golf shoe. I have two pair of nice New Balance golf shoes that I was wearing at the time, barely worn, and a pair of Footjoys I have never worn that are just sitting in my golf cabinet in the garage. I should look at selling them or throwing them away because I am never going to wear them. Sqairz are that good and make that much difference for me!

MAD RESPECT! My Sqairz sole started to separate.

IMG_5958.jpeg.f4b5af12d5faa842f9a810f307c9cbaa.jpeg

Sent a pic via email to Sqairz and they are overnighting me a new pair. I have tournaments all next week and they are coming through with their warranty policies and promises. Not gonna buy any other shoe now. Sqairz is my golf shoe. Thank you!