Titleist GT Long Game - 2024 Forum Review

T'was the night before fitting, when all through the bag

Not a headcover was stirring, not even from Swag.

The clubheads are shiny, my spikes have been cleaned,

In hopes that news of Titleist's new generational technology can soon be gleaned.

Tomorrow I'm hopeful, for all the good shots I'll send,

And maybe my ball flight might lessen its bend.

I promise to swing hard, and that my aim will be true,

And do all I can to represent Golf Spies like you.

Tomorrow, we test. From what I've heard from those lucky enough to go for a test flight so far it is going to be quite a ride. Let me know if you have any special requests, or photo asks. I'll do my best to comply. I do want to see what the new Autoflex Dream 7 (shoutout @Jean D) can do in this clubhead, so if we have time and I have gas in the tank, I'll give it a spin to see what happens when GolfSpy testing opportunities collide!

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

2 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Those are HUGE gains!  And that's over the Cobra?

Yes, just demolished the Cobra today. It’s not  to say the Cobra doesn’t have it, because I’ve hit some great drives with it on the course. But in the setup I ended up in, I didn’t have to try to do anything other than swing the club. I can’t do that with the Cobra and I think partly why I’ve struggled with it. 

Full write up will come either tonight or tomorrow. But the GT is special.

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Yes, just demolished the Cobra today. It’s not  to say the Cobra doesn’t have it, because I’ve hit some great drives with it on the course. But in the setup I ended up in, I didn’t have to try to do anything other than swing the club. I can’t do that with the Cobra and I think partly why I’ve struggled with it. 

Sounds like it will be in the bag for a while!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

18 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Sounds like it will be in the bag for a while!

To say I’m excited for it to get here is an understatement lol

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

#LeftyGang

32 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

That's awesome Jason! It's great to hear you've got that much confidence in it from the get go. I think the GT is going to be something special for Titleist. 

40 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Tomorrow, we test. From what I've heard from those lucky enough to go for a test flight so far it is going to be quite a ride. Let me know if you have any special requests, or photo asks. I'll do my best to comply. I do want to see what the new Autoflex Dream 7 (shoutout @Jean D) can do in this clubhead, so if we have time and I have gas in the tank, I'll give it a spin to see what happens when GolfSpy testing opportunities collide!

It is my pleasure to have been able to pass along this testing opportunity / sample to you- I'm happy it has found a good home and it getting put through its paces!!! 🙂 

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 Max (Mitsubishi C6 Blue 60S 2022) 

Fairway Woods: NEW Cobra LTDx King 3 & 5 FW (Project-X Hzrdus iM10 Smoke Green 60g 5.5R)

Irons: TaylorMade Qi 6-PW (Ventus TR Blue 6R)

Wedges: Cleveland RTx 4 52/56/60 Wedges (True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Tour )

Putter: Cleveland Frontline 10.0 Mallet

Grips: GolfPride CP2 Wrap Jumbo

New Gamer Ball: 2024 Bridgestone Tour B RX 

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Driving so can’t elaborate but picked up 24 yards and 8mph ball speed over my best shot with current gamer. 

Full update to come later. 

See! It is all the club’s fault and getting new clubs will definitely make me a better golfer! Now I just need to show my wife…

Edited by JJBack

Driver - TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 10.5°

Fairway Wood - TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 3HL

Hybrids - TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 3&4

Irons - TaylorMade RocketBladez 5-PW

Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F/56.10S/60.10S

Putter - TaylorMade Ghost Spider S

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

To say I’m excited for it to get here is an understatement lol

It'll look so good next to a set of new P790's. 😉

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

That’s awesome news Jason - can’t wait to read the write-up. Curious, what shaft did you end up in? Sticking with the Ventus or going a different route?

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-PW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  images (1).pngHaywood Signature Raw Wedges (50 / 54 / 58)

Putter:   download.png.d49e715a77153bd649b58a0d4e33fab5.pngL.A.B. DF3 (aka "Chewie")

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Testing

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

21 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

That’s awesome news Jason - can’t wait to read the write-up. Curious, what shaft did you end up in? Sticking with the Ventus or going a different route?

You’ll find out soon 😁

25 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

It'll look so good next to a set of new P790's. 😉

Yes, yes it will 😁 but those may be on hold for a bit. However, the SM10s already ordered will accompany them well 🤣

#LeftyGang

2 hours ago, JJBack said:

See! It is all the club’s fault and getting new clubs will definitely make me a better golfer! Now I just need to show my wife…

As we’ve talked about before, I didn’t explicitly tell you this and you can’t implicate me. 

That’s how you end up on a missing persons ad on the milk carton! 🤣

#LeftyGang

11 hours ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

As we’ve talked about before, I didn’t explicitly tell you this and you can’t implicate me. 

That’s how you end up on a missing persons ad on the milk carton! 🤣

Einstein’s theory of golf relativity defines the perfect number of clubs as the current number of clubs + 1.  It’s a well known fact that having 14 or less clubs causing a massive increase in hooking or slicing the ball leading to doom and despair. I enclose an accurate and scientifically vetted depiction that Einstein intended to be published. 

IMG_3641.jpeg

Edited by MissionMan

GT2 10° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 60  
GT2 16.5° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 70
TSR2 18° HZRDUS Black 6.0 4G 
2 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
4 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
T150 5- PW (44) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff
Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Grip Master Tour Wrap Grips
Garmin Z30

3 minutes ago, MissionMan said:

Einstein’s theory of golf relativity defines the perfect number of clubs as the current number of clubs + 1.  It’s a well known fact that having 14 or less clubs causing a massive increase in hooking or slicing the ball leading to doom and despair. I enclose an accurate and scientifically vetted depiction that Einstein intended to be published. 

IMG_3641.jpeg

I am absolutely stunned.
Dr. Einstein and I reached the very same conclusions independently,
and I've never realized it until right now.

On 8/24/2024 at 8:45 AM, ctg44 said:

I had 3 total fittings for the GT series.  After the 1st 2, both with fitters employed by Titleist, I was put into what I felt were AT BEST a compromise club in a GT3 with heavier weighting and a 75X or TX (1 even suggested I try the 85 TX) Tensei Black shaft.  The 3rd fitting was initially booked for my son to use, but he spent 10 minutes hitting the 10° GT3 and a stock Tensei Black 75TX on the range with the 2nd fitter and was hitting it 330, so he didn't need to look further.  Thus, I went in thinking I'd just check the box, get annoyed as usual with an overpriced Titleist club, and go buy the Callaway AiSmoke Triple Diamond (8° / non-Velocore / stock Ventus Blue 6S) for under $550 from my club after the discount we get from buying after a fitting.

Well, PGA Superstore had a guy who immediately saw that the Tensei was a bad option for me, handed me the Graphite Design Tour AD-VF 6-S, and off I went.  I insisted on trying the 8° head with the heavier weight in the back, and with the VF 6-S shaft, I was striping everything, and the only misses were an occasional bullet cut that still went 265 and would have almost always have stayed in the fairway.

Now, if they could just hurry up and deliver that thing, I'd be really happy...seeing the parts available for purchase on the shelf at PGASS yesterday was not easy to resist...

Looks like a ship date of 09-06 for me.  Sooooooo impatient!!!!!!!!!!!  

1 hour ago, ctg44 said:

Was your order date August 23rd?

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

1 hour ago, ctg44 said:

I just did my fitting yesterday and already feel this way. I wanted to bring the demo club home yesterday 🤣

#LeftyGang

24 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Was your order date August 23rd?

Yes...Did a fitting at PGASS that Friday.

5 minutes ago, ctg44 said:

Yes...Did a fitting at PGASS that Friday.

Two week turnaround is a lot faster than I've heard!

2 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Two week turnaround is a lot faster than I've heard!

They're insisting they're 2-3 weeks max right now, even with the Graphite Design shaft (VF 6-S) I picked.  Given normal UPS ship times to Dallas from most of the country, I should have it in hand to practice a couple of times before playing the weekend of the 13-15th.

Full fitting breakdown has been added to my main post! Go check it out!

#LeftyGang

25 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Nice breakdown!  Looking forward to seeing how it all shakes out!  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

27 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Great write up Jason! Can’t wait to see the finished product! To confirm, you went UD in all clubs? 

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-PW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Putter:   download.png.d49e715a77153bd649b58a0d4e33fab5.pngL.A.B. DF3 (aka "Chewie")

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Callaway Paradym

9 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Great write up Jason! Can’t wait to see the finished product! To confirm, you went UD in all clubs? 

Yes! It was honestly like a plug and play. I use this word lightly, but felt darn near automatic 😱

#LeftyGang

38 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Great write up and experience. I keep seeing more and more fittings with Titleist folks and they've pretty much been epic in every case.

I have a wedge fitting next Wed with our local Titleist rep, and hoping to have one that good!

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!!

Added my fitting experience to my testing post. As expected, I was a bit of a complicated one, but my fitter simply said:

giphy.webp

Driver: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 6S (Testing in progress)
3 & 5 Woods: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 7S (Testing in progress)
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: PXG Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Titleist GT Long Game Testing

46 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Yes! It was honestly like a plug and play. I use this word lightly, but felt darn near automatic 😱

That’s what I LOVE to hear - now, the waiting game begins… 😭

Reviews: 

L.A.B. DF3

Callaway Paradym

22 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

That’s what I LOVE to hear - now, the waiting game begins… 😭

May or may not have tried to sneak away with the demo club 🤣

JUST KIDDING!!! Lol but I wanted to!

#LeftyGang

Shoot, just realized I forgot to mention one very distinct thing that I noticed during my fitting. This may not be the same for everyone, but I think it is worth noting.

I could feel a difference in where the weight was in each head. This is something I have never experienced in switching from one driver to another. I'll notice a different shape, but not anything feel wise with weight. Case in point, earlier this year I hit Ai Smoke TD, Qi10LS, Darkspeed LS and TSR3 all on the same day, and never felt a difference in the head weight.

As soon as I put the GT3 down behind the ball and went through my pre-shot routine, I noticed a difference in how the head felt compared to the GT2. It was like I could actually feel the forward weight of the weight track, and I really liked that. 

Just thought it was super interesting and another cool element to my fitting.

#LeftyGang

@GolfSpy_KFT is right. It's a little hard to describe, but I could feel the difference between the heads as well. Visually, I could barely distinguish between the GT2 and GT3 from looking down on it, but the weight of the heads just felt different. Just for curiosity, we even took the setup that we found for the GT3 head and threw a GT2 head on it. Everything from the +4g weight to the C1 adapter setting, and the GT2 just felt foreign after getting comfortable with the GT3. We also won't talk about the drop in ball speed. For whatever reason, the GT3 just ended up being what worked for me. Matt did mention that he liked the GT3 especially because it does have more adjustment capability with the sliding weight compared to the other models, and we definitely used it on the driver to get me to where we needed.

Driver: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 6S (Testing in progress)
3 & 5 Woods: Titleist GT3 w/ GD Tour AD VF 7S (Testing in progress)
Hybrids: 19 and 22 degree PXG 0317XF Gen 4 w/ Project X Evenflow Riptide 80g
Irons: 5-PW PXG 0311P Gen 4 w/ KBS Tour 120
Wedges: Indi 50 FLX, 54 FLX, 58 ATK w/ KBS Wedge 610 (Official Review)
Putter: PXG Battle Ready Blackjack, 36.5”, Double Bend neck

Titleist GT Long Game Testing

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Great job of talking us through your fitting experience, Jason. It's cool to see how thorough Titleist is when it comes to finding the right head/shaft combo for each of you.