Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

KBS Tours - Custom style from the Open Contest!

Super Tuna

Greetings all,

So while I've been off for the birth of our first child, I was lucky to be able to chat with Conrad at KBS shafts. It turns out that I ended up winning the contest for the custom Open Championship shafts. Or at least that's what he said. I prefer to think that KBS decided to give me a 1st born present :lol:

As I managed a bleary eyed stroll into the office this morning a wonderous box was waiting for me

20120809_092713.jpg

As just as a side note, how awesome is this? It's like they changed it based on my screen name:

20120809_092655.jpg

Insde was a whole bunch of awesomeness.

20120809_092807.jpg

20120809_092841.jpg

Now, this is from my sucky camera phone so it's not picking up up well at the moment. However when I get some better pics, you'll be able to see just how the white of the shaft glows. It's not really glossy like I expected, just clean and bright. I'm really quite impressed. My pictures aren't great but even pictures others have done with better camera's don't quite do them justice. They're just so clean and bright, it's simply fantastic.

Also just a tiny shout out to the extra thought KBS puts into things. First as I understand it from a number of builders, fresh out of the box they have the tightest tolerances going for steel. That's neat. Secondly for those of us mere mortals they refuse to allow us to be confused by which shaft is for which club:

20120809_092914.jpg

It may not be a huge deal to some, but I think it shows great foresight and attention to detail that sometimes get's over looked by other OEM's.

It'll be a bit, but I've got a neat secret project in mind for these. Just waiting for some coloured grips, ferrules and heads to come in.

Cheers!

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Looks awesome Tuna! THP people always win KBS contests.

What's In The Bag:

Adams 9064LS

Ben Hogan Edge CFT Ti

Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4-PW

TaylorMade ATV 50* 54*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC3 Tour Issue

Archived