PXG Allan Putter - 2024 Forum Review

Ok, I've rolled... a lot of putts on exputt.  Mainly doing Allan vs DF3 putting, but I also finished an expanded bracket recently with my Evnroll and Mezz Max as well.  

For each of the photos below I went through two back to back "analysis" sessions.  So 36 putts each of random distance between 10-50 feet.  

Allan vs ER2B:

Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 9.52.10 PM.png

The Allan stuck it to my old gamer, a putter I still love.  The blade profile is not as forgiving and it performed the worst out of all 4 putters.  Compared to the Allan we can see much tigher groupings as the distance increased.  Overall, the Allan wins this with tighter distribution and better proximity to the hole.

Allan vs Mezz Max:

Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 9.51.30 PM.png

Much more of a fair fight against the Mezz Max, but the Allan still appears to come out on top as it was much more consistent for me in the 20-30 foot range.  It would appear that I mishit a few of the longer putts with the Mezz Max, as the 30-40 footers seem to fall into two groupings, with 3 shots short of the hole.

Allan vs DF3:

Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 9.52.48 PM.png

On to the heavy weight title fight of the night.  The Allan takes on the DF3 and appears to go toe to toe with my gamer.  We really need to dig into the numbers here to find differences.  Both putters were super consistent on launch angle, varying from L0.2 to R0.2 max between both of them.  Excellent.  

Both putters were also very good at generally finishing within a 3 foot circle from any distance.  A few strayed from that logic here and there, but overall I was super impressed by both putters even on the long distance putts which took me some time to figure out on the exputt.  

As for a winner this round?  I'll give this one with an edge towards the DF3. The distributions are too close to call, but the DF3 did make 15 out of the 36 putts, with the Allan holing out 'only' 12. 

Who will take round 2?  Make sure you're following to find out more! 

IMG_1922.jpeg

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Ok, I've rolled... a lot of putts on exputt.  Mainly doing Allan vs DF3 putting, but I also finished an expanded bracket recently with my Evnroll and Mezz Max as well.  

For each of the photos below I went through two back to back "analysis" sessions.  So 36 putts each of random distance between 10-50 feet.  

Allan vs ER2B:

The Allan stuck it to my old gamer, a putter I still love.  The blade profile is not as forgiving and it performed the worst out of all 4 putters.  Compared to the Allan we can see much tigher groupings as the distance increased.  Overall, the Allan wins this with tighter distribution and better proximity to the hole.

Allan vs Mezz Max:

Much more of a fair fight against the Mezz Max, but the Allan still appears to come out on top as it was much more consistent for me in the 20-30 foot range.  It would appear that I mishit a few of the longer putts with the Mezz Max, as the 30-40 footers seem to fall into two groupings, with 3 shots short of the hole.

Allan vs DF3:

On to the heavy weight title fight of the night.  The Allan takes on the DF3 and appears to go toe to toe with my gamer.  We really need to dig into the numbers here to find differences.  Both putters were super consistent on launch angle, varying from L0.2 to R0.2 max between both of them.  Excellent.  

Both putters were also very good at generally finishing within a 3 foot circle from any distance.  A few strayed from that logic here and there, but overall I was super impressed by both putters even on the long distance putts which took me some time to figure out on the exputt.  

As for a winner this round?  I'll give this one with an edge towards the DF3. The distributions are too close to call, but the DF3 did make 15 out of the 36 putts, with the Allan holing out 'only' 12. 

IMG_1922.jpeg

Great job on the analysis!  I wonder if the Allan will find a spot in your bag.  

PXG 0211

15* Taylormade Sim 2 max

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

25* hybrid (Tour edge)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Allan vs ER2B:

Allan vs Mezz Max:

Allan vs DF3:

IMG_1922.jpeg

In that Allan v DF3 graph, the one on the left looks tighter to me, if I understand the images correctly.  But good fight for sure.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/66852-unofficial-review-tpi-virtual-assessment
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!

1 minute ago, Shrek74 said:

In that Allan v DF3 graph, the one on the left looks tighter to me, if I understand the images correctly.  But good fight for sure.

Yes they are very close. The DF3 averaged 0.0 from the hole up to 30 feet, and with the 3 extra balls being made I gave it the win for round 1. But the Allan is a top notch option it seems. 

I’ll say this again when we’re wrapping these reviews up, but no need to wait:

Anyone who rolls a spider style putter and wants to see if a low or zero torque option works for them should go try them out, especially if you can’t get behind the looks of a LAB. 

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Allan vs ER2B:

Allan vs Mezz Max:

Allan vs DF3:

IMG_1922.jpeg

Great data sets!  Neck and neck for sure between DF3 and Allan.

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I’ll say this again when we’re wrapping these reviews up, but no need to wait:

Anyone who rolls a spider style putter and wants to see if a low or zero torque option works for them should go try them out, especially if you can’t get behind the looks of a LAB. 

Agreed!  Once you get used to the alignment, the Allan is a fabulous putter and will have a home in my bag for quite a while! 

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra RADSpeed XB 10.5° Motore X F3

Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra 15.5° 3/F Baffler Rail F

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra RAD Speed 21° 4 Hybrid

Cobra RAD Speed 24° 5 Hybrid 

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra Aero Jet 5 - PW, GW

Wedges: :vokey-small: Spin Milled 56°, 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Stroke Lab OG #7

Bag: 1622150773421.jpg.867df9e5987ee9b79cc36f4c70090b01.jpg Big Max 14.0 Hybrid

Ball: :titleist-small: Titleist Velocity

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FJ Flex

I played another round on Sunday. 29 total putts. 7 holes with a single putt. I made multiple putts from the 12-15 feet range. Another round with ZERO 3-putts! I had multiple putts from 30+ feet away that I left with a tap-in from a foot or two. The Allan continues to impress. I'm almost in disbelief of the performance. But wow, looking back at the stats, YES, this club is EXCELLENT!

:taylormade-small: M6 clubs in the bag and a GARMIN Fenix 7 on the wrist!

4 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Great data sets!  Neck and neck for sure between DF3 and Allan.

This is awesome! What are you using to get these data sets? 

:ping-small: G430 MAX 10.5º Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ 6 X

:ping-small:  G430 MAX 5 Wood Tour 2.0 Chrome 65 S shaft

:ping-small: G430 MAX 4 Hybrid Tour 2.0 Chrome 85 S Shaft

:ping-small: G430 5i - PW :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: G430 45º & 50º :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: Glide Pro Forged 56º S-10° :truetemper: Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

:ping-small: S159 60° H-8° :truetemper: Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

:L.A.B.: DF3 :accra: shaft

Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ review

2 minutes ago, musicalmedicine said:

This is awesome! What are you using to get these data sets? 

ExPutt putting simulator 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

12 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Allan vs ER2B:

Allan vs Mezz Max:

Allan vs DF3:

IMG_1922.jpeg

Meant to quote @GolfSpy_BOS, how are you getting these data sets? I’ve been trying to figure out a way to get reliable putting data other than having to bring a tape measure to a putting green and measure each attempt.

:ping-small: G430 MAX 10.5º Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ 6 X

:ping-small:  G430 MAX 5 Wood Tour 2.0 Chrome 65 S shaft

:ping-small: G430 MAX 4 Hybrid Tour 2.0 Chrome 85 S Shaft

:ping-small: G430 5i - PW :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: G430 45º & 50º :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: Glide Pro Forged 56º S-10° :truetemper: Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

:ping-small: S159 60° H-8° :truetemper: Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

:L.A.B.: DF3 :accra: shaft

Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ review

13 minutes ago, musicalmedicine said:

Meant to quote @GolfSpy_BOS, how are you getting these data sets? I’ve been trying to figure out a way to get reliable putting data other than having to bring a tape measure to a putting green and measure each attempt.

That is on my Exputt putting simulator.  you can read more about them here:

I really enjoy the practice mode it offers.