Spikeless/Street Golf Shoe

GlobalGolf.com

This style of shoe is becoming very popular and is trending in an increasing fashion. What do you think this style of shoe should be called?? There are many versions out there and almost every company produces them in some fashion. Everyone has a different name for them, spikeless, street, minimalist, zero drop, etc. I just wanted to hear from all of you to see what the general thought is, and more importantly what the golf industry should refer to them as.

See you on the course.

globalgolf.com

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.5* (A1 Setting), Aldila RIP A 70 X

3-wood: Bridgestone J33 15* Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ X

Hybrid: Adams 21* Idea Prototype E21 X Shaft

Irons: Bridgestone J40 4-PW, Project X Flighted 6.0

Wedges: Adams Puglielli 2012 Black 52, 56, 60 DG SP W

Putter: Current Yip-Stick = Cleveland Classic Black #1 35 Inches

Ball: Bridgestone B-330 S

Shoes: Various FootJoy 11 M

Glove: FootJoy SciFlex ML Cadet

Grips: Lamkin White Gen 3 58 Round 2 Wraps

Bag: Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag

I'd have to vote for spikeless. I've actually never heard of that category of shoe referred to as anything else. I've seen individual shoes with a model name or feature call out that uses those other names, but the category of shoe is spikeless.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Spikeless for sure

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Spikeless.

I like the shoe for that very reason. I wear it to the course and wear it just about everywhere else. Too bad the manufacturer stopped making the shoe except as a golf shoe and even redesigned the sole to accommodate a few soft spikes. I like it better as a street shoe with nubs.

Shambles

Agree, Spikeless. The only shoes that should be allowed to use the term minimalist or zero drop are the ones that actually have zero drop and are designed to be as light and as little sole as possible.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Spikeless.

Not all spikeless are street shoes. Those Nike FI Impact spikeless shoes are quite a ways from being an Ecco which I would consider more of a street shoe.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Spikeless.........or Useless........both are the same.......Golf shoes were meant to provide traction for your feet so that you can take your stance and hit the ball without slipping. The Useless shoes do provide some traction, IF the ground is not wet and there are no leaves or pine straw laying around.

I have a pair of $140 Ecco's. They are both sporty and comfortable....BUT they do not aide your game when you tee off at 8 AM and the ground is wet.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER2 w/Gravity Grip or  ER6 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip or Tommy Armour Impact No. 3

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Bridgestone RXS Mindset, Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived