Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
7,957 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Clubs
Vendor: Titleist

TWFeature.jpg

Titleist has introduced the GT Drivers and fairways, signifying Generational Technology, marking a significant shift in materials, construction, and performance from their previous TS models. Despite appearances suggesting minimal change, substantial advancements lie beneath the surface.

Titleist's goal was to enhance performance without altering the familiar look and feel. This approach ensures that players have a familiarity with their clubs year over year while hopefully experiencing performance gains. The GT models feature refined aerodynamics, with changes focused on the underside to reduce drag and increase speed, notably through the raised aft section.

Tony Covey and Chris Nickel have done full breakdowns and articles on both the drivers and fairway woods which can be found here drivers) and here (fairway woods). Here is a brief overview to whet your appetite.

TitleistGT.jpg

The New GT Line

The introduction of Split Mass Construction redistributes weight to the driver’s perimeter, enhancing stability and optimizing performance. Additionally, the GT lineup incorporates a seamless thermoform composite crown, marking a departure from previous designs. This innovative crown integrates a Proprietary Matrix Polymer (PMP), improving acoustics and mimicking the sound of titanium.

The GT drivers emphasize lowering the center of gravity, promoting consistent spin rates and enhancing forgiveness. Titleist’s Speed Ring with Variable Face Thickness (VFT) face technology aims to boost speed across the face, catering to off-center hits.

Titleist offers three GT driver models models (GT2, GT3, GT4) and two GT fariway wodo models (GT2 and GT3)

Each model maintains a familiar look but with significant improvements in speed, consistency, and overall performance. Titleist's approach ensures that while much has evolved, the essence of the driver remains unchanged, catering to both average golfers and Tour pros. The new GT family embodies the philosophy of advancing technology without compromising the core attributes that define Titleist drivers.

TitleistGT2.jpg

The Testing Opportunity

We are searching for four golfers to test, review and keep a GT driver and fairway wood from Titleist. Testers will be fit through a Titleist certified fitter and will receive the clubs which they are fit for. 

Titleist has made some bolder claims with this line, and the name indicates this is a big leap forward. So can it be true? We want to see how this new line performs in the hands of our members and everyday golfers. 

*Go to https://www.titleist.com/gt-metals 
*Build your set and post screenshot of results/dream set!

*Open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum members. 
*Registration closes Aug 7.
*Testers will be announced on the Forum Aug 13. 

1,041 Comments

Good luck to everyone signing up! My 910D3 was in my bag for over a decade, and had gone through a number of shaft adjustments over the years! Finally upgraded to some newer tech a few years ago, but it still makes an appearance a few rounds a year when my Stealth is in the doghouse. 

Wow! I just got a Qi10 but have 90 days to return it and I was planning on hitting these as soon as they came out. I am going to compare them because I did love the TSR line of clubs. This is an amazing opportunity!!! Good luck to everyone!

Screenshot2024-08-01at7_43_23AM.png.cb473465342b3f1fe37032d0174e922a.png

Lets GOOOOOOO!   This would be amazeballs.   What an opportunity!   Here is my screenshot....obviously a guess but this is my best guess without being fitted.  

image.png.b0103073ca72384c717a310adfbfaa4a.png

This Test is now closed to further comments.