Sign in to follow this  
BK in TEXAS

Mismarked / etched KBS Tour Shaft

Our Sponsors

Anyone ever had a KBS Tour Shaft with incorrect etching?

I have a KBS Tour Stiff shaft with etching marked as a 5i but actually has an 8i step pattern.  My first thought was the tip was trimmed, but after inspecting, it hasn't.

Odd.

I'm not sure how that could even happen?

When did KBS start etching shafts? I've never seen one etched, always have their white sticker on the butt, including brand new ones I just installed not long ago for Jmikecpa on here...

When did KBS start etching shafts? I've never seen one etched, always have their white sticker on the butt, including brand new ones I just installed not long ago for Jmikecpa on here...

Since forever I think.  About 4 out of 5 KBS Tour and Tour 90 shafts I see are etched.  It's uber light etching.  You have to wipe the shaft perfectly clean and hold it in the right light...but it's usually there.

Since forever I think.  About 4 out of 5 KBS Tour and Tour 90 shafts I see are etched.  It's uber light etching.  You have to wipe the shaft perfectly clean and hold it in the right light...but it's usually there.

image.jpg

Not sure how a pic of the etching will help but here it is. Take my word the step pattern is an 8i

Nevermind....I'm a dumb ass.  When I checked the tip for trimming earlier I was expecting a weird number like .380 or .390  when it read .370 my brain quit working and registered it as OK. Apparently it was trimmed down exactly to match an 8i.

Since forever I think. About 4 out of 5 KBS Tour and Tour 90 shafts I see are etched. It's uber light etching. You have to wipe the shaft perfectly clean and hold it in the right light...but it's usually there.

No set of taper tips I've ever seen have ever had etching on them is why I ask. And I order straight from KBS usually

No set of taper tips I've ever seen have ever had etching on them is why I ask. And I order straight from KBS usually

Dunno.  Not sure why some are and some aren't etched either.  It's a nice touch though when dealing with used shafts.  C-tapers aren't etched.  As far as I know there is no way to identify flex or iron after the sticker is removed on those.

And a darn nice build they are might I add.  They did not feel this nice the day that Adams sent them to me.