Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

3 Hybrid Vs 5Wood

Seef824

I put a 5w in the bag for the first time ever, over a 2hy and 3w. The answer for me was simple, I needed more height to cut the corner on a par 5 at my home course and for softer landings into long par 5s. It works perfectly for that.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Found something funny last week in the scrap pile at work. I actually spotted it and pulled it because it had a Pro Launch blue shaft in it. It looks like a 22* 7 wood but that is a hybrid shaft in it. Had a pretty good Lamkin wrap grip on it. It states it is a 22* on the bottom and checks out at that. It had some kind of funky decal on the top and I sprayed it down and took it off and there is a Cleveland type emblem embossed on the crown. But it does not say anything about Cleveland on the sole. The sole has tungsten weights in it and is shaped like an old Cobra Baffler or TM Tour Cleek hybrid. It had good balance. I threw it in the bag to test it out last Sunday after church. Ended up playing with a Doctor (MD) friend of mine and a couple of his associates. We just play for fun. Ended up on the second hole pulling that thing and hitting it off the tee for kicks and giggles and that stupid thing hit good I smoked it. Did not hit it any more that day because we only played 9 holes and I did not have a shot that called for it.

Took it out on the range this morning and after loosing up I hit it man does it soar high and drop soft. I tried it off different lies and it performs. Does real well out of the high grass beside the range and off tight or bare lies. Even does good off a lie in a divot. Damndest club I have ever seen. I believe it may stay in the bag It seems to be a very versitile club

Like I said it has a Cleveland Golf type marking on the crown but I think it is phony

The sole is marked Emerald Collection 22* dual rail and it does have weights in the rails and in the back. I have never seen a Cleveland club like it. That shaft is a Pro Launch Blue HY series Launch Tuned Hybrid

Anything you guys know on this is welcomed. If it is a clone or forgery whome ever put it together did a great job because it is balanced perfectly for me and I did not need to add any lead tape (which is very unusual) for me to get a feel for it

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Found something funny last week in the scrap pile at work. I actually spotted it and pulled it because it had a Pro Launch blue shaft in it. It looks like a 22* 7 wood but that is a hybrid shaft in it. Had a pretty good Lamkin wrap grip on it. It states it is a 22* on the bottom and checks out at that. It had some kind of funky decal on the top and I sprayed it down and took it off and there is a Cleveland type emblem embossed on the crown. But it does not say anything about Cleveland on the sole. The sole has tungsten weights in it and is shaped like an old Cobra Baffler or TM Tour Cleek hybrid. It had good balance. I threw it in the bag to test it out last Sunday after church. Ended up playing with a Doctor (MD) friend of mine and a couple of his associates. We just play for fun. Ended up on the second hole pulling that thing and hitting it off the tee for kicks and giggles and that stupid thing hit good I smoked it. Did not hit it any more that day because we only played 9 holes and I did not have a shot that called for it.

Took it out on the range this morning and after loosing up I hit it man does it soar high and drop soft. I tried it off different lies and it performs. Does real well out of the high grass beside the range and off tight or bare lies. Even does good off a lie in a divot. Damndest club I have ever seen. I believe it may stay in the bag It seems to be a very versitile club

Like I said it has a Cleveland Golf type marking on the crown but I think it is phony

The sole is marked Emerald Collection 22* dual rail and it does have weights in the rails and in the back. I have never seen a Cleveland club like it. That shaft is a Pro Launch Blue HY series Launch Tuned Hybrid

Anything you guys know on this is welcomed. If it is a clone or forgery whome ever put it together did a great job because it is balanced perfectly for me and I did not need to add any lead tape (which is very unusual) for me to get a feel for it

Is this the one?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

I currently play a 3 hybrid in my bag, but I did use a 5 wood in the past. However, I'm a strong iron player, so I found a hybrid easier to strike well than a 5 wood. It depends on how well/badly you strike both of the clubs, and from what you have posted, it's obviously the 5 wood that's better for you.

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid (not in play): Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Driving Iron: Wilson Staff Utility Iron 18 degree with KBS Hybrid Stiff shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50; Callaway MD4 - 56; Vokey SM9 - 60

Putter: Taylormade Rossa CGB

Golf Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond 

Archived