GolfSpy_X

OFFICIAL THREAD - "The MyGolfSpy Lottery"

Our Sponsors

I recieved a pleasant surprise today! I pulled in and saw a UPS note on the door and wondered what we'd ordered. I walk up and tucked by the porch is a box from Scratch Golf!

I ended up getting a 53* EGG Grind (some toe/heal relief and a good bit of trailing edge grind) and I'm really looking forward to putting it through its paces. Right out of the box it has a very nice look and feel to it, very classy and understated.

I will be posting a full review after I get it to the range and put a few rounds on it! Thanks again to MGS!

You a lucky dog... wished I had recieved a wedge!!! Enjoy

The MyGolfSpy Lottery - PICK A WINNER!

* Today is the day folks...."The MyGolfSpy Lottery" is officially launching right ........NOW!

I am honestly shocked at how many golfers over the last couple weeks have taken the time out of their day to email us and thank us for putting something like this together. I was shocked to hear golfers writing in with terms like the "The Robin Hood of Golf" and "Now THIS is what you call Social Media" and a few even calling it "Genius"...well we wouldn't go that far but we really do appreciate all the kinds words you all have sent in...makes my job worth it for sure. And I also really hope everyone involved enjoys this whole new way of doing product reviews.

I think this just might catch on....so let's get started!

How The Lottery Will Work! (PLEASE READ EVERYTHING)

* Really hate rules...feel like we are all old enough not to have to need these. But just in case here are the ones that are important and that we must follow.

1. Any forum member with a minimum of 10 posts inside the forum CAN participate.

2. Every product will have a secret number assigned to it between (1-500).

3. Each member gets to pick only one number which will be your lottery number.

4. Whatever member gets closest to one of the secret numbers assigned to a product without going over will win the chance to review that product.

Some of the products will be yours to keep after the review...some of the products will be forwarded on to other members for them to get a chance to test out and review for the forum. Those products will then be sent back to us after 3 members have reviewed them and we will then run contests for you guys to have a chance to win all that gear!

RULES (READ ALL RULES - BEFORE ENTERING)

* NOTE: You must post your lottery number by Wednesday June 30th no later then 5PM EST.

1. Please do not enter if you are not able to perform the task of reviewing the products for the forum.

2. If for some reason you are not able to review a prize you won it will be given to the member with the next closest number and you will have to forfeit your entry.

3. If two members choose the same number…the first one to have posted the number in the forum will be the one to receive that product.

4. Members who receive equipment must be able to do a complete review of the product for the forum (which must include: pictures and a detailed review with your opinion on the gear/equipment). If you cannot do this the person with the next closest number will receive the product.

5. All reviews must be done in a timely manner...if you will not be able to perform the review within 14 days after receiving the product we will need to send this product to the next member to review.

6. Once products have been reviewed that get forwarded on to other members…we will re-post that product with the same number system for the next member to receive. You will be responsible for shipping costs to other members (sorry).

5. Once the products that get forwarded to other members have been reviewed 3 times they will be shipped back to MyGolfSpy. And we will run contests for you to have a chance to win all the gear/equipment.

6. Clubs being forwarded must be sent in the same condition you received them and insured.

7. They need to be shipped in a timely manner to the next recipient.

P.S. - The OEM's and the individuals involved in setting this up hope that this will continue to be both successful and fun for all. So...as long as we can follow these guidelines we will continue to run this program. So if for some reason you cannot let us know in advance.

THE LOTTERY PRODUCTS!

* Ok fellas...it is time to pick your number.

All you have to do is post a reply with "YOUR LOTTERY NUMBER" included. You only get one so make it a good one.

1. Nike Method 003 Putter

2. Nike Method 001 Putter

3. Miyazaki Driver Shaft

4. Miyazaki Driver Shaft

5. Travis Mathew Clothing Set

6. Travis Mathew Clothing Set

7. Seemore FGP Black Blade

8. Seemore Si Series Putter

9. (8) Tacki-Mac White Grips (KEEP)

10. (8) Tacki-Mac White Grips (KEEP)

11. Scratch Wedge 56*

12. Scratch Wedge 56*

13. Scratch Wedge 56*

14. Scratch Wedge 58*

15. Scratch Wedge 58*

16. Scratch Wedge 58*

17. Eyelinegolf Ball Of Steel

18. Eyelinegolf Dual Plane Putting System

19. Eyelinegolf Putting Impact System

20. Cobra Baffler Rail H 19*

21. Cobra Baffler Rail H 19*

22. Cobra Baffler Rail H 22*

23. Cobra Baffler Rail H 22*

24. Ontic M-Pulse Putter

25. Taylormade Ghost Putter

26. Dynacraft Prophet ICT Driver

Ol' Stick says this is another GREAT part of the website. The best parts are the technical reviews and the terrific guys who are commenting on their experiences with new arrivals. I will do the same as soon as I am recovered from a heart attack/angioplasty/stint implant. Doing well, but am going crazy not being able to get at my new sticks that I ordered. My Number is 222.

Ol' Stick

make mine a 59

wanna know the secret to satisfying a woman everytime?...................................................................................................................................................who cares

Read this from the start. You are WAY late.

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Will there be a round 2?

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Yes there will be another round Sactown. Unfortunately there were a few people that got clubs to review and kept the clubs without every reviewing the equipment or responding to our emails.

We will look into fixing this in the 2nd round.

#TruthDigest

Follow @MyGolfSpy

Yes there will be another round Sactown. Unfortunately there were a few people that got clubs to review and kept the clubs without every reviewing the equipment or responding to our emails.

OUCH... that sucks...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Great example of why I suggested upping the # of entries required to be eligible or requiring that one has been a member for a certain period of time prior to the contest announcement. People are shady, and when only 10 posts are required these idiots can sign on, post 10 useless comments and then effectively steal the equipment that was to be reviewed. Never trust online trolls, ever.

What's in my Ben Hogan stand bag:
Callaway Great Big Bertha 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution II 665 stiff shaft
Tour Edge XCG7 #3 Wood, Stiff shaft
Ping i20 20* hybrid, stiff shaft
Ping S56 irons 4-PW KBS stiff shafts
Ping Glide Wedges, 50*, 54*, 58*, SS Bounce
Nike Method Putter Model #004
Callaway Chrome Soft balls

Lame. Didn't realize that was going on, but now that you mention it there was a lot of gear that went out with no follow-up.

Hopefully when it runs again there will be more feedback like with the Vision program.

Volvo Intorqueo

Well this being a new forum we could not expect people to have much more then that with only a week prior to finding out about the program. We will make sure we remedy this in the next round though...no worries.

Great example of why I suggested upping the # of entries required to be eligible or requiring that one has been a member for a certain period of time prior to the contest announcement. People are shady, and when only 10 posts are required these idiots can sign on, post 10 useless comments and then effectively steal the equipment that was to be reviewed. Never trust online trolls, ever.

#TruthDigest

Follow @MyGolfSpy

Thanks MGS

I totally agree with the new 4000 post count minimum B)

Volvo Intorqueo

It was almost inevitable that this would happen. Hopefully the losses weren't too great.

I would suggest requiring members that wish to participate in a review to register and verify thier real contact information with MGS and perhaps require a valid credit card for items over x amount of value. Yes, it would greatly reduce the number of available reviewers, but it would also largely eliminate equipment losses and at the same time increase the quality of the reviews generated.

At least that way you would know that the person really wanted to participate in a review and wasn't just scamming you.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Well this being a new forum we could not expect people to have much more then that with only a week prior to finding out about the program. We will make sure we remedy this in the next round though...no worries.

MSG, I think you are on the right track regarding trying to ensure participation and trust worthiness. However I disagree with using only the amount of posts as a qualifier. I have been a member and actively ‘read' a lot on the forum. But I doubt I qualify as an active member simply because I don't post much.

So hopefully you won't cut out the 'participators the don't participate.'

:D

I definitely like Tyk's suggestion of requiring a credit card number ( don't forget the 3-digit security code in the back, too! :lol: )

Posted Image

It was almost inevitable that this would happen. Hopefully the losses weren't too great.

I would suggest requiring members that wish to participate in a review to register and verify thier real contact information with MGS and perhaps require a valid credit card for items over x amount of value. Yes, it would greatly reduce the number of available reviewers, but it would also largely eliminate equipment losses and at the same time increase the quality of the reviews generated.

At least that way you would know that the person really wanted to participate in a review and wasn't just scamming you.

What if one doesn't have a credit card? I think just post number (higher than 10) and overall reputation could be good enough. Y'all know I wouldn't scam you. :lol: