Jump to content

Got Problems?


ole gray

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

Well, we have "teed off on the 18th" of my Dad's life round.  This tough old WWII marine is 96 and last Friday I had to get Hospice involved as his pain level and other medical issues got to the point of needing the more powerful drugs to make him comfortable.   

He and my Mom have lived with us since March of 2020 when the covid lockdown's started.  They were about ready to transition from living alone anyway and the daily life complications brought on by the lockdown worked in our favor to have them move in with minimal resistance.   His decline over the last couple months has been rapid as the heart failure condition brought on many other related issues. 

We hope to provide a dignified and mostly painfree '18th' for him to play out the round.  

  

Prayers form your dad, you and your family.  It's a difficult situation... I know.

  • Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Well, we have "teed off on the 18th" of my Dad's life round.  This tough old WWII marine is 96 and last Friday I had to get Hospice involved as his pain level and other medical issues got to the point of needing the more powerful drugs to make him comfortable.   

He and my Mom have lived with us since March of 2020 when the covid lockdown's started.  They were about ready to transition from living alone anyway and the daily life complications brought on by the lockdown worked in our favor to have them move in with minimal resistance.   His decline over the last couple months has been rapid as the heart failure condition brought on many other related issues. 

We hope to provide a dignified and mostly painfree '18th' for him to play out the round.  

  

The hospice decision is never easy but when it’s right you know it’s right. If you need anything let me know. He is a lucky man to make it through WWII and to make it to 96

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tommc23 said:

The hospice decision is never easy but when it’s right you know it’s right. If you need anything let me know. He is a lucky man to make it through WWII and to make it to 96

He was extremely lucky regarding WWII - he fought on Okinawa and his unit lost over 50% of their men.  After growing up i realized how mentally strong he was to survive and live normally after going through that

  • Like 7

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Accra Tour Z M5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :Sub70: Raw 50*, Nippon Tour 120 X; :vokey-small: SM9 54* / 10* / S, Wedge Flex ;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 57*, PX LZ 6.5;   :ping-small: Ancient Anser or Heppler Fetch (depends on the week);  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welp.  We are screwed. This third house was crap too…. It’s at the point where I have to make a choice if the juice is worth the squeeze.  Signs are pointing to… No.  might be time to move on.

  • Sad 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Welp.  We are screwed. This third house was crap too…. It’s at the point where I have to make a choice if the juice is worth the squeeze.  Signs are pointing to… No.  might be time to move on.

Dang dude y’all aren’t having good luck house hunting

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rabbits are dumb!!! Stupid rabbit had a litter of babies under my deck and my 3 hunting dogs found the nest and brought me them all some wounded some not. We will see how many survive but this is the second time this has happened! I guess being OOS due to back pain and my dogs not being outside much made them feel like it was safe.

  • Sad 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/7/2022 at 9:47 AM, Shapotomous said:

Well, we have "teed off on the 18th" of my Dad's life round.  This tough old WWII marine is 96 and last Friday I had to get Hospice involved as his pain level and other medical issues got to the point of needing the more powerful drugs to make him comfortable.   

He and my Mom have lived with us since March of 2020 when the covid lockdown's started.  They were about ready to transition from living alone anyway and the daily life complications brought on by the lockdown worked in our favor to have them move in with minimal resistance.   His decline over the last couple months has been rapid as the heart failure condition brought on many other related issues. 

We hope to provide a dignified and mostly painfree '18th' for him to play out the round.  

  

I'm sorry that you are going through this. None of us get to pass by this. I did the same thing for my dad in 2002. Hospice is great... it sucks, but they are phenominal in how they handle things. My brother and I did it again this last year with our mom. Hospice is absolutley the best. You are in my prayers.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 @Shapotomousto the greatest generation I hope you are all able to handle it the best you can. He is lucky to have someone that cares for him as well as it sounds like you have 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Rabbits are dumb!!! Stupid rabbit had a litter of babies under my deck and my 3 hunting dogs found the nest and brought me them all some wounded some not. We will see how many survive but this is the second time this has happened! I guess being OOS due to back pain and my dogs not being outside much made them feel like it was safe.

Could have been skunks.

  • Haha 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

Welp.  We are screwed. This third house was crap too…. It’s at the point where I have to make a choice if the juice is worth the squeeze.  Signs are pointing to… No.  might be time to move on.

I'm actually not surprised.  The weather and salty air on the coast of WA and OR takes a huge toll on houses.  Houses are overpriced because of the location, and those that are somewhat affordable have lots of problems as you have found out.  Our long-time doctor recently moved to Newport, OR and renting while he has a house built.

  • Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I'm actually not surprised.  The weather and salty air on the coast of WA and OR takes a huge toll on houses.  Houses are overpriced because of the location, and those that are somewhat affordable have lots of problems as you have found out.  Our long-time doctor recently moved to Newport, OR and renting while he has a house built.

You got that right.  Found one that sold in 2020 for $254,000 it is listed now for $1,200,000… absolutely absurd.  300% appreciation?  I think not.  Bunch of BS is what it is.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Shankster said:

You got that right.  Found one that sold in 2020 for $254,000 it is listed now for $1,200,000… absolutely absurd.  300% appreciation?  I think not.  Bunch of BS is what it is.

Can you handle a longer drive to work? I mean like 30 miles each way? What are the prices like further out?

  • Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 6.0
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: Fli Hi 3 & 4 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 80 6.0

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :mizuno-small: RB Tour or RB Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8


God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MattF said:

Can you handle a longer drive to work? I mean like 30 miles each way? What are the prices like further out?

I am good with 1.5 hours… but even still, half a million for a fixer upper doesn’t compute.  At all.  And anything less than that just needs to be torn down.  It’s bad.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2022 at 4:39 PM, sirchunksalot said:

She's doing good today, still a bit itchy but the heavy panting has stopped. I think that's what concerned us as pugs have a tendency to have breathing disorders. We couldn't get an appointment to the vet today, but one did let us know that if she does have allergy problems we can give her a little more Benadryl than we have been doing. 

I hope they can figure out what's going on with your wife. I'm sorry to hear she's having to deal with this numbness. 

Be careful with too much Benadryl. Our Cairn had an allergy and initially the vet recommended Benadryl but a few years later she ended up with a heart problem and we had to put her down.  After the fact I read up on issues with pets and sustained use. 

  • Sad 3

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X  And Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I am good with 1.5 hours… but even still, half a million for a fixer upper doesn’t compute.  At all.  And anything less than that just needs to be torn down.  It’s bad.

Higher mortgage rates and a recession might turn this into a buyers market. Can you rent in the meantime? 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X  And Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Higher mortgage rates and a recession might turn this into a buyers market. Can you rent in the meantime? 

Thinking about a RV… for the time being, maybe buy a piece of land and build.  I don’t know.

  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Be careful with too much Benadryl. Our Cairn had an allergy and initially the vet recommended Benadryl but a few years later she ended up with a heart problem and we had to put her down.  After the fact I read up on issues with pets and sustained use. 

That's good to know. I'll have to read up on it, I hadn't thought about the long term effects. 

Sorry to hear about your Cairn, they are wonderful dogs. My sister had one years ago and he was the best fella, I still miss that dog.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...