Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How long till this happens?

Shankster

No kidding. I was joking when I wrote the original post, but it seems the technology is and has been around for a while. Soon we will just say "Siri, hit a 7 yard cut 156 yards with a medium trajectory".

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I know you were joking, but let's hope in never comes to that.   All I see now are the young folks tied to their smart phones while the world passes by with minimal human contact.  Sometime in the future, I can just see some young buck e-mailing or texting to a bud--"Today a passed by one of the remaining golf courses and there were some old coots there actually hitting a ball.   Don't those dinosaurs know that now there is an app for that.  But it did look like they were having fun, perhaps for giggles and grins we should try it once."

I see that being a huge challenge to create a ball that'll perform the same with a chip inside, affordably. The good balls are already plenty expensive as it is.

No kidding. I wouldn't even want to see the price of something like that. I'm not even sure who that would appeal to if it ever did happen.

Good players don't lose balls often enough to consider something like that. Beginners would never consider paying a premium price, especially that high, for balls... imo.

Driver: Ping G 9.5*

Fairway: TaylorMade AeroBurner

Hybrid: Adams Blue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: TaylorMade Tour Preferred EF

Putter: Odyssey O-Works #1

Anything to speed things up 4-1/2 hours yesterday.

But it was a great day for golf.

Why speed it up? I play fast and alone on my long hilly course 3:15-3:30 is good enough (with practice shots and all). But on my Saturday's....I am enjoying my time and would play 18 or 27. I try to make a day of it.

No kidding. I wouldn't even want to see the price of something like that. I'm not even sure who that would appeal to if it ever did happen.

Good players don't lose balls often enough to consider something like that. Beginners would never consider paying a premium price, especially that high, for balls... imo.

but if you could download information after the round? Ball speed, spin, landing distance and roll out. Coupled with a GAMEGOLF system it could be handy.

It'll take the fun out of searching for balls in the rough. How else are we going to get ticks, chiggers, and come across the occasional snake

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel