Game Improvement Irons...

mudfish

I agree to a point. I've been fit for my clubs by a professional clubmaker, and I still hit shots thin and to the right. Of course, I still hit shots fat and to the left too. My point (as some others have said), clubs will only get you so far. Invest in lessons, and if you're like me (where every swing fault fix exposes two more), invest in a lot of them.

As far as an actual answer to your question is concerned... +1 for the Mizunos (you won't find a more forgiving forged iron). I'd also suggest trying out the Cobra S2 irons as well. For the most part I'd recommend avoiding the big box stores (although Golf Galaxy does a decent job). Smaller independent pro shops are where your more likely to find dedicated professionals who can properly fit you.

To take it a step further, you could fit Barney Gumble with the most expensive Armani suit there is, but he would still be Barney Gumble. Fitting only does so much. The rest is up to you.

Driver - :taylormade-small:   SIM2 Max 9° Tour MT 6-S   or   :srixon-small: ZX 7 9.5° Ventus VeloCore Blue S
Fairway - :srixon-small: ZX  3 wd. Ventus VeloCore Blue S

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.