Michigan Courses?

Our Sponsors

Pheasant Run in Canton has 27 holes that are always in really good shape. Fun to play and is challenging.

Fieldstone GC in Auburn Hills is a great track as well. Definitely a more challenging course. It was the Course the PGA Tour would use for the Monday Qualifier when the Buick Open was still on the schedule.

Katke-Cousins is in Auburn Hills as well. Never played but have heard great things about it. I checked the website and it looks like the Oakland University Golf team plays their matches there.

The Orchards in Washington (just east of Auburn Hills) is a good track as well and well worth the drive depending on where you live.

Shepard's Hollow has 54 holes and is INCREDIBLE!! I have only played 18 of the 54 holes they have on site but it is one of the best golf experiences that I have played in Southeast MI. It's located in Clarkston.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Thank you for the ideas! I did hear fear things about The Orchards and am planning on getting there in mid July when a friend of mine comes into town.

I'll keep a look it for opportunities to play Fieldstone. Sounds like that is a place to play when I don't need to post an amazing score.

Shepherds Hollow and Pheasant Run look like great places to hit to get variety in your play with multiple holes/routes with 54 and 27 holes.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH - Aldila Synergy Blue 50 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        :taylormade-small: TP5x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All,   I live in the Metro-Detroit area and am looking for course recommendations to hit in the limited time that we have to actually golf in this state.   Last year, I was able to play Arcadia

You forgot St Ives & Tullymore in Canadian Lakes!     Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Probably a little late and not near you but this past summer my buddy and I took a golf trip up to Michigan. I flew into Chicago and we drove to Grand Rapids and the next morning we played at Pilgrims

Posted Images

Traveling down to see Man Utd vs Liverpool in July at The Big House. We are going to stay in Ypsilanti area, going to play Friday afternoon and Saturday morning before the game. have a budget of around $50 per round. Any suggestions on a good muni for Friday afternoon and a decent track on the Sat morning.

Thanks guys, this is our first guys trip in this area.

• Like 1

Shepard's Hollow - don't miss it

• Like 2

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Traveling down to see Man Utd vs Liverpool in July at The Big House. We are going to stay in Ypsilanti area, going to play Friday afternoon and Saturday morning before the game. have a budget of around $50 per round. Any suggestions on a good muni for Friday afternoon and a decent track on the Sat morning.

Based on proximity to Ypsilanti, and the recommendation in this thread, Pheasant Run seems like a good choice. It's only 9-10 miles from downtown Ypsilanti and 17 miles to downtown Ann Arbor.

If I get a chance to get out there before the ICC game, I'll post my two cents to hopefully help you with planning.

• Like 1

This is my area so got you covered here! A couple options for you:

A: Fri @ Eagle Crest / Sat @ Washtenaw Golf Club

Both are in Ypsi so the closest to where you're staying and solid, yet very different tracks. pm me and I can send you a link to a coupon to get you on for $40ish a guy at Eagle Crest. 

B: Fri @ Moose Ridge or Lyon Oaks / Sat @ one of the other two from A

Both of these courses are the next two 'best' public courses. Moose Ridge has some crazy elevation changes for southeast Michigan and is crazy scenic. Both are about a 30min drive north of Ann Arbor. I'd just try to get one of the first twilight times at either and they should fit your budget.

If for some reason you can't get on any of those, the next two best options in the area are 1: Northville Hills and 2: the Golden Fox course @ Fox Hills

Regarding Pheasant Run, skip it. It's a fine muni for us locals but the others are much more enjoyable. Shepard's Hollow that chemclub mentioned is a great track, but too far out of your way to make it worth the detour. 

lmk some other details about the size of your group, interests, etc and I can hook you up w/ other Ann Arbor area food, drink, etc recommendations. 

Based on proximity to Ypsilanti, and the recommendation in this thread, Pheasant Run seems like a good choice. It's only 9-10 miles from downtown Ypsilanti and 17 miles to downtown Ann Arbor.

• Like 2

Lefty in the Mitten State currently carrying: TM '17 M2 9.5  w/ Fujikura Pro XLR8 Â· Exotics EX10 15° w/ GD Tour AD Stiff ·  :cobra-small: F7 HY @ 20° ·   :cobra-small:   Forged Tec Black 5i-AW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 ·  :callaway-small:  MD2 56°+ 60° ·  :nike-small:  Method B2-01 · Kirkland Signature · Clicgear 2.0 · Course photo albums: Boyne Highlands + Bay Harbor (Michigan) | Wailea Gold & Emerald (Maui) | Forest Dunes (Michigan)

Both are in Ypsi so the closest to where you're staying and solid, yet very different tracks. pm me and I can send you a link to a coupon to get you on for $40ish a guy at Eagle Crest.

Both of these courses are the next two 'best' public courses. Moose Ridge has some crazy elevation changes for southeast Michigan and is crazy scenic. Both are about a 30min drive north of Ann Arbor. I'd just try to get one of the first twilight times at either and they should fit your budget.

If for some reason you can't get on any of those, the next two best options in the area are 1: Northville Hills and 2: the Golden Fox course @ Fox Hills

Regarding Pheasant Run, skip it. It's a fine muni for us locals but the others are much more enjoyable. Shepard's Hollow that chemclub mentioned is a great track, but too far out of your way to make it worth the detour.

lmk some other details about the size of your group, interests, etc and I can hook you up w/ other Ann Arbor area food, drink, etc recommendations.

Thank you for the course suggestions that I can add to my list as well.

There are so many options in MI that it is nice to get recommendations so as to not waste time at ones that aren't worth the time.

• Like 2

Hi All,

I live in the Metro-Detroit area and am looking for course recommendations to hit in the limited time that we have to actually golf in this state.

Last year, I was able to play Arcadia Bluffs in Arcadia, MI, The Medalist in Marshall, MI, as well as Gull Lake View West and East.

Looking forward to the suggestions.

somewhat related to your thread  - there is a $2,000. giveaway for Michigan Golf courses stay package. http://michigangolfexplorer.com/ggm/

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

somewhat related to your thread - there is a $2,000. giveaway for Michigan Golf courses stay package. http://michigangolfexplorer.com/ggm/

Thank you!

Unfortunately the maintenance quality of the course and overall property has suffered greatly since the recession. Not terrible but far from great, especially considering what they charge.

That tribute course is amazing!

Lefty in the Mitten State currently carrying: TM '17 M2 9.5  w/ Fujikura Pro XLR8 Â· Exotics EX10 15° w/ GD Tour AD Stiff ·  :cobra-small: F7 HY @ 20° ·   :cobra-small:   Forged Tec Black 5i-AW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 ·  :callaway-small:  MD2 56°+ 60° ·  :nike-small:  Method B2-01 · Kirkland Signature · Clicgear 2.0 · Course photo albums: Boyne Highlands + Bay Harbor (Michigan) | Wailea Gold & Emerald (Maui) | Forest Dunes (Michigan)

Regarding Pheasant Run, skip it. It's a fine muni for us locals but the others are much more enjoyable. Shepard's Hollow that chemclub mentioned is a great track, but too far out of your way to make it worth the detour. 

That would be awesome, thank you.

There are 4 of us for going down for the game so any coupons or advice or recommendations are appreciated.

Eagle Crest is one that I had looked up and is one on the list .

will be in touch with ThatKyle soon.

Thank you!!!

• Like 1

Unfortunately the maintenance quality of the course and overall property has suffered greatly since the recession. Not terrible but far from great, especially considering what they charge.

True. I got on for $36 last year.

I will list out some of my favorite courses that I have played and some on my bucket list:

Some of my favorites

Angels Crossing

Eagle Eye

The Masterpiece - Treetops

The Premier - Treetops

The Natural

Stonehedge - South

Bedford Valley

Tullymore

St. Ives

The Gailes

Heritage Glen

Sundance - A-Ga-Ming

Torch Course - A-Ga-Ming

Red Hawk

Bucket List

Harbor Shores

Oakland Hills Golf Club

Forest Dunes

Greywalls

Sweetgrass

Crystal Mountain

Crystal Downs

Arcadia Bluffs

Lochenheath

The Bear

Bay Harbor

Stoatin Brae

Belvedere

just to name a few!!

• Like 1

That would be awesome, thank you.

There are 4 of us for going down for the game so any coupons or advice or recommendations are appreciated.

Eagle Crest is one that I had looked up and is one on the list .

will be in touch with ThatKyle soon.

Thank you!!!

Eagle Crest is a solid track but I don't like 11.

Washtenaw is a solid old school track. Lately the greens have been HARD and fast.

• 3 weeks later...

I will list out some of my favorite courses that I have played and some on my bucket list:

Some of my favorites

Angels Crossing

Eagle Eye

The Masterpiece - Treetops

The Premier - Treetops

The Natural

Stonehedge - South

Bedford Valley

Tullymore

St. Ives

The Gailes

Heritage Glen

Sundance - A-Ga-Ming

Torch Course - A-Ga-Ming

Red Hawk

Bucket List

Harbor Shores

Oakland Hills Golf Club

Forest Dunes

Greywalls

Sweetgrass

Crystal Mountain

Crystal Downs

Arcadia Bluffs

Lochenheath

The Bear

Bay Harbor

Stoatin Brae

Belvedere

just to name a few!!

Thank you for the suggestions.

It is really fantastic that MI has so many high level courses.  It is really unfortunate we only have a few months out of the year to actually play them.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out the 3 9 holes at Pine Knob. They are real nice.

I'll add it to the list. Thank you.