Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

International

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Hey GolfSpies,

Thanks for letting me come aboard, I'm excited to be a member.

1. I've been around golf and swinging a club for most of my life, but really only took on golf as my main sport in the last 5 years. When i head out on the course these days I'm planning on shooting below 90, hoping to shoot 84, but am aware a  is still a real possibility any day.
  2. Simply, I love everything about golf. It's so versatile as a sport and social activity. There isn't much better than bombing it down a fairway, flushing an iron approach, splashing out of a bunker, or rolling a long putt in (not to mention cold beers and laughs with the group).
  3. Joined golfspy after using them as a resource to better understand equipment out there for golfers of all levels.
  4. You'll find me up in Canada, along the Lake Huron coastline.
  5. Best: lots of courses, ranging in price and difficulty. Worst: snow on the ground for too many months of the year.

Happy to be here and looking forward to learning from yall and contributing to the convo.

Cheers!

StevieV

Gone Golfin'

WITB: Driver: Callaway BB21, 5W: Wilson D9, 4H: Wilson D9, 5i-Pw: Mizuno JPX923 Hot Metal HL, 52°/56°/60°w: Wilson Harmonized, Putter: Lazrus Mallet

1 hour ago, StevieV said:

Hey GolfSpies,

Thanks for letting me come aboard, I'm excited to be a member.

1. I've been around golf and swinging a club for most of my life, but really only took on golf as my main sport in the last 5 years. When i head out on the course these days I'm planning on shooting below 90, hoping to shoot 84, but am aware a  is still a real possibility any day.
  2. Simply, I love everything about golf. It's so versatile as a sport and social activity. There isn't much better than bombing it down a fairway, flushing an iron approach, splashing out of a bunker, or rolling a long putt in (not to mention cold beers and laughs with the group).
  3. Joined golfspy after using them as a resource to better understand equipment out there for golfers of all levels.
  4. You'll find me up in Canada, along the Lake Huron coastline.
  5. Best: lots of courses, ranging in price and difficulty. Worst: snow on the ground for too many months of the year.

Happy to be here and looking forward to learning from yall and contributing to the convo.

Cheers!

Hello @StevieV, I am in Canada as well however a long way from you, West Coast of Vancouver Island. I have a question, have you heard of or played a course called Saugeen Golf Club Port Elgin, Ontario? 

committed to performance excellence

9 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

Hello @StevieV, I am in Canada as well however a long way from you, West Coast of Vancouver Island. I have a question, have you heard of or played a course called Saugeen Golf Club Port Elgin, Ontario? 

Hey @Jim Shaw,

Unfortunately, I've never gotten to play at Saugeen Golf Club, but i have heard good things! I can't say much else about it though that you wouldn't be able to find via Google.

If you were planning a trip or visit I may just say that area of Southern Ontario can feel a little tucked away from other attractions, but we aren't too far. Lake Huron is beautiful in the summer too, though I'm not sure if there is much sandy beach in Port Elgin area (sometimes that way is more stone beach).

Anyway, I've heard great things about the course and since you brought it up I'm going to put it on my list to play next season.

Cheers,

SteveV

StevieV

Gone Golfin'

WITB: Driver: Callaway BB21, 5W: Wilson D9, 4H: Wilson D9, 5i-Pw: Mizuno JPX923 Hot Metal HL, 52°/56°/60°w: Wilson Harmonized, Putter: Lazrus Mallet

1 hour ago, StevieV said:

Hey @Jim Shaw,

Unfortunately, I've never gotten to play at Saugeen Golf Club, but i have heard good things! I can't say much else about it though that you wouldn't be able to find via Google.

If you were planning a trip or visit I may just say that area of Southern Ontario can feel a little tucked away from other attractions, but we aren't too far. Lake Huron is beautiful in the summer too, though I'm not sure if there is much sandy beach in Port Elgin area (sometimes that way is more stone beach).

Anyway, I've heard great things about the course and since you brought it up I'm going to put it on my list to play next season.

Cheers,

SteveV

Thanks, the Canadian National Senior Men's championship is there next year and I have heard mixed reviews about the course, and it is a big trip from the West Coast. I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions about travel etc? 

Been playing golf back and forth for over 20 years, current hcp is 5 and normal score high 70s.

You can enjoy it with everyone both social and competitive and you get to spend time outdoors.

Been following the site for many years but only as a reader, thought it was about time to take part in the conversations.

From Sweden, currently reside in Norway, home course is Miklagard Golf Club designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr.

Best is during summers that the sun is up for so long so you can easily play 18 after work, worst is the long cold winters.

Geographical Surveying Engineer

It's my initials with a 3 instead of an E.

WITB:
Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9* Diamana ZF 60TX
3 wood: Nike Vapor Speed 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder 6.3 VC Tour Spec
Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 19* Kai'li Red 80S
Irons: Mizuno Pro 223, 4-PW KBS S120
Wedges: Titleist SM9 50F, 54F Titleist SM6 Wedge Works 58V
Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 2.5 
Ball: Titleist ProV1 or AVX

Edited by l3o

On 10/20/2023 at 9:33 AM, Jim Shaw said:

Thanks, the Canadian National Senior Men's championship is there next year and I have heard mixed reviews about the course, and it is a big trip from the West Coast. I hope you don't mind if I ask you a few questions about travel etc? 

Hey @Jim Shaw,

Feel free to ask! I'll do my best to answer. 

Sorry I missed this reply. Being so new to the forum I'm still figuring it out a bit, but happy to help you out if I can.

Have a great day,

StevieV

StevieV

Gone Golfin'

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

From Scotland - the home of golf!

Current handicap index is 16.6.

WITB:

Titleist TSi2 - 9.5 degrees
Callaway Epic Speed 3 Wood - 15 degrees
-Gap-TBC (looking at 5/7 wood or possible long iron/hybrid)
Titleist T300 5-48
Titleist SM9 Vokey 52/56
Scotty Cameron X7
Titleist AVX

Look forward to interacting with you all.

47 minutes ago, OllieWoods said:

Hello all,

WITB:

Titleist TSi2 - 9.5 degrees
Callaway Epic Speed 3 Wood - 15 degrees
-Gap-TBC (looking at 5/7 wood or possible long iron/hybrid)
Titleist T300 5-48
Titleist SM9 Vokey 52/56
Scotty Cameron X7
Titleist AVX

Welcome!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

10 hours ago, OllieWoods said:

Hello all,

I dream of playing in Scotland ❤️ ... Welcome 

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all folks, I introduce myself:

1 - How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I play golf from 15 years, now I have a hcp 29.

2 - What do you love about golf?

I like to stay outside in the nature, do a walk with a clear (?) objective, most important,  golf relaxing me.

3 - What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I find this site and forum on research about materials and tools.

4 - Where are you from? What is your home course?

I'm fron Gorizia, north-east Italy, I don't have a home course, Ilike to play on different courses.

5 - What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The winter is mostly a lot rainy and windy, difficult to play. The courses in my region are all different and likely to play, in my opinion.

6 - What do you do for a living?

I work in IT

7 - How’d you pick your user name?

It's my classic user name.

Japan tools addicted.

My bag:

driver Srixon MX5, fairway wood Srixon MX3, ibrid 2,3,4,5 Srixon, Irons ZX5 Srixon, wedge Mizuno TP, putter Mati 

• 2 weeks later...

MYGOLFSPY INTRO

About 20 years but got obsessed about 4 years ago, then starting taking lessons 2 years ago.

Slowed down on drinking and moved to freelance work so I could fit more life and golf in.

The benefits to my mental health. The constant striving for getting better but also to enjoy the journey and the process of improvement. This reflects my work life too, always striving to get better at what I do and improve my skillset. Not climbing political ladders.

Drawn in by the obsessive data and independent views.

London, England. Home course is Richmond Park Golf Club

Worst: This time of year the temporary greens, mud etc.
Best: Playing golf in Richmond Park for an affordable price. 3 Competitions a week so always something to get involved with.

Digital Designer, illustrator, writer.

It’s my design alias and website name: https://www.mistergiles.com/

WITB

Driver - Callaway EIPC GBB

3 Wood - Taylormade M4

3 Hybrid - Callaway Apex Pro

4 - PW - MIZUNO 225s

GW, SW, LW - Titleist Vokey SM6

Putter - PING Anser

Handicap: 17.2
Club: Richmond Park Golf Club, London
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225's
Rest of clubs various second hand grabs.

1 minute ago, MisterGiles said:

MYGOLFSPY INTRO

About 20 years but got obsessed about 4 years ago, then starting taking lessons 2 years ago.

Slowed down on drinking and moved to freelance work so I could fit more life and golf in.

The benefits to my mental health. The constant striving for getting better but also to enjoy the journey and the process of improvement. This reflects my work life too, always striving to get better at what I do and improve my skillset. Not climbing political ladders.

Best: Playing golf in Richmond Park for an affordable price. 3 Competitions a week so always something to get involved with.

WITB

3 Wood - Taylormade M4

4 - PW - MIZUNO 225s

Putter - PING Anser

A few photos from my local course over the last few weeks... Cold, muddy but pretty lucky with weather otherwise. 

IMG_20231122_080331.jpg

IMG_20231129_075335.jpg

IMG_20231129_075358.jpg

IMG_20231206_075253.jpg

IMG_20231206_082847.jpg

1 hour ago, MisterGiles said:

MYGOLFSPY INTRO

WITB

3 Wood - Taylormade M4

4 - PW - MIZUNO 225s

Putter - PING Anser

Welcome, great Bio, I think you will be an asset to this site as a lot of spy's, me included, like digital content to get points across about the swing etc. 

What is the main part of golf you are currently working on? Also take a look at "multi mat" online, it really helps in this "muddy, soggy" time of golf, I know as I play on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, one of the only areas of Canada that can play most of the year. 

26 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

Welcome, great Bio, I think you will be an asset to this site as a lot of spy's, me included, like digital content to get points across about the swing etc. 

What is the main part of golf you are currently working on? Also take a look at "multi mat" online, it really helps in this "muddy, soggy" time of golf, I know as I play on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, one of the only areas of Canada that can play most of the year. 

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the welcome! 

I'm working on a lot! 😂

Swing: Slowing down my tempo to get more consistency across the board. Using Atthaya Thitikul as a swing inspo. My last two rounds have included a lot of fat shots, thanks to the mud and ice combo. Which is a shame because the 4 rounds before that I really thought I had turned a corner. Back to the lessons i go! 

My regular drill is the driver cover under the arm to help fix my lazy/tired slice.

Otherwise I am focussing on course management and short game whilst religiously reading Bob Rotella books 😄 

I find practicing on mats seems to bring me further away from the 'real' thing.. Although the course changes so often I find it hard to adapt but I'm slowly getting better at it. 

Not to mention the work I am doing on my mental game too.

Edited by MisterGiles
Added swing video

4 hours ago, MisterGiles said:

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the welcome! 

I'm working on a lot! 😂

Swing: Slowing down my tempo to get more consistency across the board. Using Atthaya Thitikul as a swing inspo. My last two rounds have included a lot of fat shots, thanks to the mud and ice combo. Which is a shame because the 4 rounds before that I really thought I had turned a corner. Back to the lessons i go! 

My regular drill is the driver cover under the arm to help fix my lazy/tired slice.

Otherwise I am focussing on course management and short game whilst religiously reading Bob Rotella books 😄 

I find practicing on mats seems to bring me further away from the 'real' thing.. Although the course changes so often I find it hard to adapt but I'm slowly getting better at it. 

Not to mention the work I am doing on my mental game too.

thanks for the video, you seem like you are on a really good path in my opinion, I am going to say something I tell golfers like you quite a bit, some listen some don't depending on their personalities. Golf is a game of a lifetime, it is small bits put into a big package, please please be patient, do not try and put "10 lbs of s*** in a 5lb bag" if you know what I mean. Celebrate the gains, and don't beat yourself up when you digress... Try and enjoy the journey... 

Hi guys,

Here's my intro.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Started in high school/college then quit for 25 years due to life/career/family. Now retired with lots of free time and tons of local courses to play. No real handicap yet. Probably North of 28.

What do you love about golf?

Getting outside, exercise, mental health. I don't really need to plan ahead. I can just grab my bag and go and be on a course in 15 minutes.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Saw/liked their various reviews on YouTube. Started thinking about looking for a forum to join and stumbled on this one. Seems active enough to hold my attention.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

Victoria BC, Canada (Just down the road from Jim Shaw apparently). Currently building my skills at Highlands Range and Juan De Fuca Rec's Par 3 (best deal in town).

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best - I live in the banana belt of Canada which allows for year-round play (Best was Christmas day for free a number of decades ago 😉

Worst - Some of the round prices are ridiculous but that happens everywhere. Locals get a deal at some courses so that helps. I may bite the bullet and join a  club in the new year. More research required.

What do you do for a living?

Retired

How’d you pick your user name?

Worked in tech for a number of years and BS was my nickname.

Photo

Pic I took mid-winter 2019 while driving through the Victoria Golf Club and looking towards Trial Island. Would love to play this private course some day. It even has it's own resident ghost!

Scenery.JPG

Edited by BStheTech

Callaway Rogue ST Max Woods/Hybrids/Irons, Clevelend Zipcore Wedges, Odyssey Putters

8 minutes ago, BStheTech said:

Hi guys,

Here's my intro.

Started in high school/college then quit for 25 years due to life/career/family. Now retired with lots of free time and tons of local courses to play. No real handicap yet. Probably North of 28.

Getting outside, exercise, mental health. I don't really need to plan ahead. I can just grab my bag and go and be on a course in 15 minutes.

Saw/liked their various reviews on YouTube. Started thinking about looking for a forum to join and stumbled on this one. Seems active enough to hold my attention.

Victoria BC, Canada (Just down the road from Jim Shaw apparently). Currently building my skills at Highlands Range and Juan De Fuca Rec's Par 3 (best deal in town).

Best - I live in the banana belt of Canada which allows for year-round play (Best was Christmas day for free a number of decades ago 😉

Worst - Some of the round prices are ridiculous but that happens everywhere. Locals get a deal at some courses so that helps. I may bite the bullet and join a  club in the new year. More research required.

Retired

Worked in tech for a number of years and BS was my nickname.

Photo

Pic I took mid-winter 2019 while driving through the Victoria Golf Club and looking towards Trial Island. Would love to play this private course some day. It even has it's own resident ghost!

Scenery.JPG

@BStheTechyes, just down the road from Sooke... I am a member at Olympic View, if you want to stop in and have a coffee I am usually there mon-wed-thurs in the winter, would be more than happy to show you around. good luck with your golf adventure...

12 minutes ago, Jim Shaw said:

@BStheTechyes, just down the road from Sooke... I am a member at Olympic View, if you want to stop in and have a coffee I am usually there mon-wed-thurs in the winter, would be more than happy to show you around. good luck with your golf adventure...

Thanks Jim, I may take you up on your offer in the New Year. I played Olympic View once when it was new, even went on a hunting trip with the chef (small world). That must have been 25-30 years ago. Seems like yesterday.

Callaway Rogue ST Max Woods/Hybrids/Irons, Clevelend Zipcore Wedges, Odyssey Putters

1. Been playing for 35 years, but took almost 15 years off. Currently a 4.2 handicap.

2. I love that golf is such a physical and mental challenge... and I have always loved the feeling of a flushed shot.

3. I have always checked in here or there, but only to read stuff others wrote. So as of now I am a newbie.

4. I am from Berlin, Germany and my home use is Stolper Heide Golfclub

5. The best things about Golf in my region are the many courses around, by German standards. The worst thing is the long winter break.

6. I am a medical translator and coordinate  international patient care in Germany.

7. I am trying to get a golf project started on golfwolf.com... more to come on that later

GolfWolf.com

Driver:       Titleist TSI3 9° w/ HZRDUS SMOKE Black RDX 60 6.5

Fairway:    Callaway Rogue ST LS 13.5° w/ Tensei AV White 75 X

Hybrid:     Callaway Apex UW 19° w/ HZRDUS SMOKE Black RDX 80 X

Irons:        Titleist U500 20° HZRDUS SMOKE Black RDX 80 X,  4-6 Titleist 620 CB w/ Project X 6.5,  7-9 Titleist 620 MB w/ Project X 6.5 

Wedges:  Vokey SM8 Brushed Steel 48°/10° w/ Project X 6.5 , Vokey SM8 Brushed Steel 52°/8° (F-Grind) w/ Project X 6.5, Vokey SM8 Brushed Steel 56°/12° (D-Grind) w/ Project X 6.0,  Vokey SM9 Brushed Steel 58°/10° (S-Grind, with heel relief) w/ Project X 6.0

Putter:     Scotty Cameron X5S

Ball:         Vice Pro Plus          Bag:        Titleist Players 4

RF:          Bushnell Pro XE        GPS:       Shot Scope H4

1. I've played golf since I was 14 but had long gaps where I haven't played much.  Started playing again properly in 2020.  Currently 5 handicap but average playing to about 10 😄

2. I love the challenge of it, hitting those pure shots and just wanting that feeling again on the next one (doesn't always happen 😄)

3. I joined for the reviews and hope to get picked as a tester so I'm fairly new to the forum aspect.

4. I'm in the UK, in the north of England.  Weather this time of year is pretty grim so really impacts how much golf we can play.

5. Best thing is the number of courses and the variety of layouts, I'm in easy driving distance of some of the best links courses in the world.

6. I work in law, not a lawyer but support them in their work.

7. It's a weird nickname I got from an old workplace and it's good for online presence as its odd 😄

Edited by Teedle99

• 2 weeks later...

My Golf Spy Introduction

I received my first golf club set when I was about 10 years old and maybe played a handful of rounds between 10 years old and 25 years old. 2 years ago I picked up the golf clubs, fell so deeply in love with the challenge of the game and started on my journey to where I am now. In two years I went from close to 30hcp to 10hcp with 2 lessons and a TON of practice on the range and on the course. This past summer I shot my personal best 71 on a par 69.

My favourite part about the game of golf would have to be how challenging and difficult it can be, it all boils down to yourself in a round of golf. It has taught me how to really focus on a task at hand and that if you really set your mind to something you are passionate about you can achieve any of your goals. I have made some lifelong friends that I would happily call family through this incredible game. 

Seeing the product reviews on social media from MGS has ultimately attracted me to become an MGS member. Its amazing to read about how many people are like-minded and love this game so much. I am an aspiring MGS tester as I am a total geek when it comes to gadgets.

Ontario, Canada born and raised! My home course for the last two years has been Muskoka Highlands Golf Links.

The best part would be how there is a wonderful golf community and some stunning courses close to home in the Muskoka region. The worst part would be old man winter.

I have been a small engine/marine mechanic for almost a decade.

My user name is my first name and a shortened version of my last name that my friends call me.

Happy Holidays to all and I look forward to meeting other spies and making new friends in the future! 

Driver - image.png.3e9a16211779a601d8100d3bba18e1a6.png Stealth 2 10.5* (Aldila Rogue Silver 60X 110g)

Irons - image.png.33881d123b078ab4719122efc1e18b36.png 2022 P790 4,5 & P770 6-P (Project X LZ 6.5X 125g)

Wedges  - image.png.928e16ad99dc965e1730b49596320707.png SM8 56.14F & 60.12D (SM8 Wedge)

Putter - image.png.ffabd003c08567bc9230e4fbcd2015da.png 2021 Phantom X5.5

Ball - image.png.5446331b097634af6b55e7df59f17421.png 2023 TP5

Hi ladies and gents,

Been a member infrequently for a while but missed this section. I’m a total golf nerd and love the technical aspects of the game. Geeking out on golf swing or golf product is a great release from the rest of the world. 

1 - How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I’ve been playing for 30 years. Been everything from a 18 cap to a 7. Currently a 7.7 index and scores have been hovering around the 80 mark. I shot 75 this year on a difficult track. Game is really trending after a few years in the wilderness.  

It’s a game you can never complete. I love that you can get better every week with the right plan. I love being outside and whether it’s walking, fishing or golf, put me in the elements and I am a happier man.

The truth. They seek it here and it’s arguably the best sports journalism on the planet right now. It’s good to have somewhere with a wide range of insights on the forum. There’s some gold in older threads and if I ask a question, it’s usually answered pretty quickly. I follow a fair few Spies on Twitter.

Staffordshire, England. Home course is The Chase. I play a wide range of local tracks as I love a quiet golf course for practice rounds. I seek them!

Worst: Most better courses stay in great shape because they have a swollen membership and lots of guests. The cash generated keeps them nice but busy golf courses can spoil enjoyment too easily. 
Best: There are a lot of courses nearby so you can always get a tee time somewhere. They all offer different challenges. But give me quiet mediocre over busy premium every day of the week. We also have two great indoor facilities with Trackman booths and other Sims for hire. Most of my practice is indoors and I see a pro every 2-3 weeks. My handicap has halved since doing so.

I am a the Brand Manager for two fishing tackle brands. Most of my role is managing product development, generating new ideas and bringing them to market. But marketing strategy is a key component and arguably the most enjoyable aspect. I think it’s why I love golf equipment and all the branded content that gets funnelled our way. I often wonder how massive Ping would be with Taylormade’s marketing budget, for example. I like to rank the brands when it’s new product season accordingly.

Mat Woods Left Handed Golfer. Clarity over creativity 😆

WITB

Driver -

G430 LST with Tour 2.0 65X. The longest, fastest driver I’ve ever used. I was fit for it this year and legitimately gained 20yds when spin and launch conditions were optimised. My speed is up over 110 now so important to maximise that with a proper fit. My fitting was done over three sessions. Two with my pro then finally with a Ping master fitter. 

3 wood -

Stealth Ti with Aldila Rogue White 80S. It’s a rocket launcher. Bit of a self-fitted idea here. I put the shaft in as I hit it so good in my 5 wood after many failed wormholes with various X models.

5 wood -

Ping G425 Max with Aldila Rogue White 80S. I call this club The Queen. Probably the most reliable wand in the bag. 

iCrossover/Hybrid - 

I switch between a Ping G425 hybrid and iCrossover depending on how windy it is. In England it’s windy a lot! Aldila Tour Green 85H X. Fairway finders! Both give the same yardage but one flies much higher. 

Irons 5-PW

P790 with Project X 6.5 LZ. I launch the ball pretty high and the ballspeed these provide is too good to ignore. My swing has improved a lot so have been discussing with my pro about something a bit spinnier down the line, as we’re worried about low spin balls with the scoring clubs on baked summer greens. My low point has always been super neutral, but now I’m way more efficient. 

Wedges

Jaws Raw. 50°

Jaws Raw Full Toe 54° and 60°

The most fun you can have with your clothes on. 

Putter

Two Ball

I have used a Napa style blade for most of my life. Last year my arc got way more neutral as I practiced more. Zero MOI and a hooky, toey putting stroke became something where when I drilled into my scoring data with my pro, it was low hanging fruit. I started trying other putters here and there. I couldn’t stand all the alignment visuals. Too many straight lines throws me off as I’m used to looking at nothing. My friend Harry, who is a + handicap junior, watched me putting with an Odyssey 7 slant neck and tutting away as I pulled everything. “You can’t handle those lines can you?” When I gave my feedback about why - which is basically that there should only be one vertical straight line in a putting stroke (top line of a square face at impact) and that there shouldn’t be any horizontal straight lines in a natural arc, he said “try a Two Ball then.”

I proceeded to roll putts on line like a robot. I was making putts on the practice green like H does! And why? Because I could ‘see’ the path and the face balance took excess rotation away. I’m making way more mid-length putts and that’s shaving strokes off my score. 

Ball - Bridgestone Tour B X. The best ball I’ve found for windy conditions. 

Edited by MWLEFTY

MW

Driver: Ping G425 Max - Kai'li 60

Fairways: Ping G425 Max - Aldila Rogue White MSI 80

Irons: Taylormade P790 - Project X LZ 6.5

Wedges: PM Grind 54, 60 - KBS Tour S

1. I have been playing golf for about 20 years. My current handicap is 23 and I shoot anywhere from a low of 79 to an average of about 90.

2. What I love about golf is that it is almost a spiritual experience. The course, nature, being one with myself.

3. I found MGS through the reviews being done.

4. I currently reside in Ensenada, Mexico. My home course is Baja Country Club/Bajamar Golf and Oceanfront Resort

5. The best thing about golf in the region is the weather. it is mostly sunny and in the 70's-80's. The worst thing is that we are in a desert region with little rainfall. The courses get pretty baked out.

6. I am a School Counselor by trade but recently, I am a Master Certified Health Coach and Reiki Master

7. I just liked to be simple with my username. Using the K.I.S.S. principle.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

• 1 month later...

Hey fellow Golfspies!

I’m Jon from Texas, but I’ve been living abroad in Germany for the last 14 years now.  I started playing golf from a young age, but I developed a Baseball problem and Golf took a back seat from about 16 years old, up until about 2.5 years ago. Never worried about a handicap until these last couple years, started in the 30’s and have worked it down to an 8.1

I love golf for the people you meet and the relationships you can build while navigating your way around 18 holes. Part of the allure is no matter how good you become, you can always improve. 

I came to MGS fairly recently, I believe the golf ball test was the net that reeled me in. 

I have been living in Bonn, Germany for the last 14 years, initially came over here to play baseball, toward the end of the baseball career I started a business here, sold the business after 10 years, and now I’m starting an apprenticeship to become a fully qualified PGA teaching professional.

Looking forward to diving more into the forums here and meeting you all!

Hit it hard!

3 minutes ago, JMarsh1510 said:

Hey fellow Golfspies!

I’m Jon from Texas, but I’ve been living abroad in Germany for the last 14 years now.  I started playing golf from a young age, but I developed a Baseball problem and Golf took a back seat from about 16 years old, up until about 2.5 years ago. Never worried about a handicap until these last couple years, started in the 30’s and have worked it down to an 8.1

I love golf for the people you meet and the relationships you can build while navigating your way around 18 holes. Part of the allure is no matter how good you become, you can always improve. 

I came to MGS fairly recently, I believe the golf ball test was the net that reeled me in. 

I have been living in Bonn, Germany for the last 14 years, initially came over here to play baseball, toward the end of the baseball career I started a business here, sold the business after 10 years, and now I’m starting an apprenticeship to become a fully qualified PGA teaching professional.

Welcome! About 500km from me. A little too far for a day trip but if I'm in your area I will be sure to give you a message!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

6 minutes ago, JMarsh1510 said:

Hey fellow Golfspies!

Very interesting journey in the game of golf!

Play like a champion today!

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Welcome! About 500km from me. A little too far for a day trip but if I'm in your area I will be sure to give you a message!

Sounds great! Look forward to it! 

Hit it hard!

2 hours ago, JMarsh1510 said:

Hey fellow Golfspies!

Welcome, Jon!

Your golf and baseball history sounds a lot like mine, with two exceptions:

1. I never even got semi-serious about golf as a youngster; baseball was ALWAYS #1 for me and football was next.
  2. I didn’t play baseball in Europe, but I did play a couple winters in Puerto Rico when I was in my early-mid 20s, not really getting into golf at all until age 36 when I basically “retired” from competitive baseball.

You are going to love this forum! Great guys, positive vibes, and lots of informative and helpful data…..plus, fabulous product reviews and testing opportunities.

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!